Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:38 AM

Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu (117682 Views)

Buy Lands At A New Layout In Akpuoga Nike, Enugu. / 8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Nike, Enugu / Buy Lands At Royal Palm Estates Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
spyder880:
Rule 8. That the estate manager, and by extension the security men can restrict entry of persons, if they have reasons to believe the entrance of such person(s) could cause a risk to other occupants of the estate.
In Naija, absolute powers corrupt. I vote we add a clause to this rule as thus : the security men/ estate manager should before restriction of entry of visitors to the estate, offer a brief explanation as to why they think the visitor poses a threat to the estate to the inviting host by phone call or something.

This brings me to the next question, is there going to be a two way phone/ radio installed in each plot for communication between the estate managers/security post and subscribers?

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by PHfinest(m): 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
spyder880:
Rule 2. That every plot owner can only erect buildings meant for private residential purposes, nobody will be allowed to build any structure meant for commercial uses. Such buildings which we prohibit and group as commercial buildings are hotels or guest houses, night clubs, dance halls, petrol or gas stations, schools, shopping complexes, hospital or healing home, religious or worship center, poultry, piggery or other animal husbandry units.

I support this one.
People can buy surrounding/nearby plots and build such business premises if they wish.

'but' Nwanne...
Can estate owners invest in the estate shop and schools later wink

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
ifyalways:

In Naija, absolute powers corrupt. I vote we add a clause to this rule as thus : the security men/ estate manager should before restriction of entry of visitors to the estate, offer a brief explanation as to why they think the visitor poses a threat to the estate to the inviting host by phone call or something.

This brings me to the next question, is there going to be a two way phone/ radio installed in each plot for communication between the estate managers/security post and subscribers?

Ok , I will go back and insert that clause to first call the host and confirm invitation. If we need a two way radio system, we can easily install same later. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
PHfinest:

I support this one.
People can buy surrounding/nearby plots and build such business premises if they wish.

'but' Nwanne...
Can estate owners invest in the estate shop and schools later wink

Yes, by special arrangement, some estate shops will be either leased out or rented to occupants to manage.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by PHfinest(m): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
spyder880:
Rule 3. That all buildings to be erected in this estate must have a minimum setback of 2 meters on the back and sides of the building, except for the front which must have a minimum setback of 6 meters.

2meters look like a lot. Can we say 1 meter setback for roofline. This will ensure people don't use 1meter cantilever to circumvent the rules

5 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by thebaft: 5:00am On Jul 14, 2015
spyder880:
Rule 1A. That we agree to have a uniform height of buildings, not exceeding 6 meters tall for the final height of all the houses, before the roof. This will mean that all buildings in this estate will not be higher than 1 storey building. We also agree that there will be only a maximum of 4 flats, where the owner chooses to build a block of flats.

Oga Sypder,

Rule 1A and Rule 1B do not complement each other. You may need to reword the rules.

My understanding of Rule 1A is that everyone has the choice of erecting whatever type of building he/she desires in any part of the estate (no restrictions), as long as the building does not exceed 6 meters or has a maximum of 4 flats per block.

spyder880:
OR

RULE 1B. That we allot plot numbers 22-33, 34-42, 43-52 and 53-55 for those of us who might want to build duplexes.
Plot numbers 10-17 for those of us who might want to build bungalows
Plot numbers 1-9 for those that might want to build multiple blocks of flats.

While my understanding of Rule 1B states that the we need to conform to the proposed building layout, however there are no restrictions on the height of the buildings or maximum number of flats per block. shocked shocked shocked

Like I mentioned earlier, please contact each of the 19 subscriber and confirm what they intend on building. From the list you provided, this is the present allocation of plots ...

1. I.U.A (1 Plot)
2. C.A.A (3 Plots)
3. A.P.N (4 Plots)
4. I.M (1 Plot)
5. I.C.C (1 Plot)
6. M.J.N (4 Plots)
7. N.E.U (4 Plots)
8. O.P.I (2 Plots)
9. A.C.C (4 Plots)
10. A.I (1 Plot)
11. A.S.C (1 Plot)
12. I.F (3 Plots)
13. U.A (1 Plot)
14. O.A.N (1 Plot)
15. A.J (1 Plot)
16. I.P (1 Plot)
17. U.J (4 Plots)
18. N.A (1 Plot)
19. I.A.C (1 Plot)
20. RESERVED FOR SERVICES (7 Plots)
21. Available (12 Plots)

Plot numbers 1-9 for those that might want to build multiple blocks of flats.

Suggestion: If we go ahead with this plan, To help reduce the population density, is it possible to remap plots 1 - 9 from 9 plots to 6 plots (i.e. generally increase plot sizes by 50%) and then persuade subscribers to pay the difference of NGN350,000? This will reduce the number of flats from 36 (9 X 4) to 24 (6 X 4) and will make the land "breathe" easier... grin grin grin
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by thebaft: 5:11am On Jul 14, 2015
spyder880:
Rule 4. That all plot owners who wants to fence their compound must erect a frontal fence which will be 1.5 meters high, there could be extensions built on top with metal or wire gauze, but the blocked lower part must be 1.5 meters high. The back and sides of this fence could be as high as needed.

Are we making erection of fences optional? (i.e. "plot owners who want to fence their compound?"wink
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by thebaft: 5:16am On Jul 14, 2015
spyder880:
Rule 6. That a monthly maintenance fee of N5000 be paid by each plot owner. This money will be used among other things to pay an estate manager, a security outfit to man the gate and patrol the grounds, there will also be gardeners to tend the flowers and mow the lawns.

We need to be clear about this. Will the proposed monthly maintenance fee be paid by each plot owner or will the proposed monthly maintenance fee be paid for each plot owned?
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by thebaft: 5:20am On Jul 14, 2015
spyder880:
Rule 5. That no plot owner allow their plots to be overgrown with bush, and that a penalty of N20,000 be collected yearly from landlords who cannot make arrangements to clear their plots as at when due.

Haba Oga Syder ... Can I not employ some goats to clear my plot as at when due? wink wink wink
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by thebaft: 5:27am On Jul 14, 2015
spyder880:
Rule 9. That the official time for opening the estate be fixed for 5.30 am, and closure of the gates be fixed at 9.30pm, except on issues of emergency. Such emergency must be communicated to the estate manager.

Is this for rule for visitors or for residents?

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by thebaft: 5:39am On Jul 14, 2015
spyder880:
Rule 10. That all cars must be parked inside each compound. All vehicles left outside on the roads or sidewalks will be towed away and the cost of towing borne by the owner of the vehicle.

This may need to be time dependent. Parking during the day for a few hours may not be bad especially for daytime visitors. If a visitor came to visit me, surely he should be made to park inside my compound and I am sure that the only reason why he will park outside is because of space constraints. I believe you can try and enforce this for visitors who stay overnight or for longer periods.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spygadgets(m): 5:55am On Jul 14, 2015
Am happy finally people are coming out from their comfort zones to contribute here.... But we must be careful not to infringe on our rights as plot owners

1:. I STRONGLY , repeat STRONGLY object to the rule whereby I will be checkmated in 3 steps... It doesn't give room for personal choice when development comes... There is no way one can be restricted on number of flats to erect on a plot as long as there is a proposed height restrictions

2: payment of 60k per annum is on the high side, why then am I making an investment if at d end of the day I am still a tenant required to cuff out a yearly security levy of around 60k ..... I should better then get a flat and remain there!!!!!

3: the setback and front space should be a sole right of the govt building approval agency ..... U can't restrict ones choice of having fresh air or choice of making proper use of his available limited space.... (Personal right clause)

4: am strongly suggesting that we put A SOLID CAP OR RESTRICTIONS on the HEIGHT OF A BUILDING than all these other tightening restrictions that might increase defaulting rates and at the end increase chaos and enemity within this estate

Finally am suggesting that we make it all a uniform free for all choice of building but a maximum height should be implemented.... MEANWHILE I THINK A DUPLEX WITHOUT PENT HOUSE is just like a house without garden.. We must encourage people to build edifices that will in turn have a very positive impact on the value of lands within this estate....

That's what encourages people to come into such environs and start adding value to the price of a property....we SHOULD ADD A PENT HOUSE HEIGHT on a. Duplex and then limit the height as the max.

Click LIKE IF U APPROVE OF THIS
click SHARE IF U ARE AGAINST

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:40am On Jul 14, 2015
thebaft:

Oga Sypder,

Rule 1A and Rule 1B do not complement each other. You may need to reword the rules.

My understanding of Rule 1A is that everyone has the choice of erecting whatever type of building he/she desires in any part of the estate (no restrictions), as long as the building does not exceed 6 meters or has a maximum of 4 flats per block.

While my understanding of Rule 1B states that the we need to conform to the proposed building layout, however there are no restrictions on the height of the buildings or maximum number of flats per block. shocked shocked shocked

Like I mentioned earlier, please contact each of the 19 subscriber and confirm what they intend on building. From the list you provided, this is the present allocation of plots ...

1. I.U.A (1 Plot)
2. C.A.A (3 Plots)
3. A.P.N (4 Plots)
4. I.M (1 Plot)
5. I.C.C (1 Plot)
6. M.J.N (4 Plots)
7. N.E.U (4 Plots)
8. O.P.I (2 Plots)
9. A.C.C (4 Plots)
10. A.I (1 Plot)
11. A.S.C (1 Plot)
12. I.F (3 Plots)
13. U.A (1 Plot)
14. O.A.N (1 Plot)
15. A.J (1 Plot)
16. I.P (1 Plot)
17. U.J (4 Plots)
18. N.A (1 Plot)
19. I.A.C (1 Plot)
20. RESERVED FOR SERVICES (7 Plots)
21. Available (12 Plots)

Suggestion: If we go ahead with this plan, To help reduce the population density, is it possible to remap plots 1 - 9 from 9 plots to 6 plots (i.e. generally increase plot sizes by 50%) and then persuade subscribers to pay the difference of NGN350,000? This will reduce the number of flats from 36 (9 X 4) to 24 (6 X 4) and will make the land "breathe" easier... grin grin grin

All suggestions noted and rule 1b amended, I will still contact each subscriber but we need to try this voting first and see what we arrive at. To resize the plots might create some survey challenges and payment problems. But if all else fails, we can try that. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:44am On Jul 14, 2015
thebaft:

Are we making erection of fences optional? (i.e. "plot owners who want to fence their compound?"wink

Amended.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Jul 14, 2015
thebaft:

We need to be clear about this. Will the proposed monthly maintenance fee be paid by each plot owner or will the proposed monthly maintenance fee be paid for each plot owned?

I am proposing the maintenance levy be paid for each plot owned.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:49am On Jul 14, 2015
thebaft:

Haba Oga Syder ... Can I not employ some goats to clear my plot as at when due? wink wink wink

Of course, but the goats must do a good job of it cheesy cheesy cheesy

thebaft:

Is this for rule for visitors or for residents?

For both visitors and residents, except of course we agree to alter the time to something else.
thebaft:

This may need to be time dependent. Parking during the day for a few hours may not be bad especially for daytime visitors. If a visitor came to visit me, surely he should be made to park inside my compound and I am sure that the only reason why he will park outside is because of space constraints. I believe you can try and enforce this for visitors who stay overnight or for longer periods.

If we all agree, then we might enforce the rule for cars parked for more than 24 hours.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:54am On Jul 14, 2015
spygadgets:
Am happy finally people are coming out from their comfort zones to contribute here.... But we must be careful not to infringe on our rights as plot owners

1:. I STRONGLY , repeat STRONGLY object to the rule whereby I will be checkmated in 3 steps... It doesn't give room for personal choice when development comes... There is no way one can be restricted on number of flats to erect on a plot as long as there is a proposed height restrictions

2: payment of 60k per annum is on the high side, why then am I making an investment if at d end of the day I am still a tenant required to cuff out a yearly security levy of around 60k ..... I should better then get a flat and remain there!!!!!

3: the setback and front space should be a sole right of the govt building approval agency ..... U can't restrict ones choice of having fresh air or choice of making proper use of his available limited space.... (Personal right clause)

4: am strongly suggesting that we put A SOLID CAP OR RESTRICTIONS on the HEIGHT OF A BUILDING than all these other tightening restrictions that might increase defaulting rates and at the end increase chaos and enemity within this estate

Finally am suggesting that we make it all a uniform free for all choice of building but a maximum height should be implemented.... MEANWHILE I THINK A DUPLEX WITHOUT PENT HOUSE is just like a house without garden.. We must encourage people to build edifices that will in turn have a very positive impact on the value of lands within this estate....

That's what encourages people to come into such environs and start adding value to the price of a property....we SHOULD ADD A PENT HOUSE HEIGHT on a. Duplex and then limit the height as the max.

I see your stand on this and understand them. There is no way we all can agree to everything, this is why we must suggest amendments and changes to each rule to suit all of us. I am only a humble servant and your choices will always be respected, let us see how the voting pans out then we can make further decisions from it. Thanks.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 8:25am On Jul 14, 2015
Spyder can you please contact all the subscribers and inform them about this deliberations now. We don't want a situation whereby some will claim these laws were agreed on without their input or information.

People it's time to TALK.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2015
spyder880:

For both visitors and residents, except of course we agree to alter the time to something
Residents should be able to on self recognition, go or come in earlier or later when the need arises.

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 8:31am On Jul 14, 2015
spyder880:

I am proposing the maintenance levy be paid for each plot owned.
I agree to this.

From your explanation in regards the monthly payment breakdown, I further suggest :
5000 for monthly payment
50,000 per annum for one of payment.

Anyi choro discount cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 8:32am On Jul 14, 2015
Rule 1A and B, I will brb. smiley
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spygadgets(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2015
ifyalways:

I agree to this.

From your explanation in regards the monthly payment breakdown, I further suggest :
5000 for monthly payment
50,000 per annum for one of payment.

Anyi choro discount cheesy
Am strongly proposing 3,000monthly and 30,000 one-off payment

Things are easier than DONE, 5K is pretty expensive
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by glogirl(f): 9:10am On Jul 14, 2015
Spyder,

Well done. What is the plan for perimeter fencing and drainages?
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by NaijaFutbol: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2015
All these rules are fine.
Since I will look elsewhere for the plot of land to build Nairaland FC, how about a recreation center?

Will the estate have one, in one of the reserved plots?
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2015
spygadgets:

Am strongly proposing 3,000monthly and 30,000 one-off payment
Things are easier than DONE, 5K is pretty expensive
My brother, I had to shift ground for the following reasons :
4 security on 30K per month salary = 120,000 ngn/ month
2 gardeners on 15K salary per month = 30,000 ngn/ month ( the garderbers are not full time staff)
Estate manager. = 60,000 ngn salary per month
Miscellaneous. ..
So, 3000 per month per plot won't cut it. If u think otherwise, kindly educate me.

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Pchinak: 10:13am On Jul 14, 2015
spyder880:

1. Salary for 1 Estate manager
2. Salary for 4 security men
3. Salary for 2 gardeners
4. Materials for clearing grass/ lawn mower maintenance
5. Stationery for estate office

Do all these have functions to perform at this time, with the place still a parcel of land?

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:15am On Jul 14, 2015
glogirl:
Spyder,

Well done. What is the plan for perimeter fencing and drainages?

Very good question. I am working on the cost of a perimeter fence and drainage. Please note that if we ever start working in this site, bringing in bulldozer and all without drainages will wreck the topography of this land. Erosion is a real threat in most parts of Nigeria.

Has anyone thought of a rule regarding sanitation, dumping of refuse and things like that, we need a rule on that.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2015
ifyalways:

Residents should be able to on self recognition, go or come in earlier or later when the need arises.

Noted for amendment. Thanks.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:20am On Jul 14, 2015
NaijaFutbol:
All these rules are fine.
Since I will look elsewhere for the plot of land to build Nairaland FC, how about a recreation center?

Will the estate have one, in one of the reserved plots?

I have an understanding with the person paying for plot numbers 3 and 4 to use it for as a sports field for football, volleyball and other such sports. We need a place where people can work out inside the estate.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:26am On Jul 14, 2015
Pchinak:

Do all these have functions to perform at this time, with the place still a parcel of land?

The earlier they start the better for us. Remember this land is still far and without any form of development and we need people walking the grounds, tending to plants to make it a nice place where people will love to build and live.
We need to hasten things up and its people that will be paid to stay on the grounds and perform tasks daily. None of you will like to come in and build a house in a jungle in the centre of nowhere cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spygadgets(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
Oga Spyder pls can u gentle take not on the number of likes this opinion of mine is gathering
spygadgets:

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Afam4eva(m): 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
Kai, this estate for sweet oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (46) (Reply)

Things You Should Know Before Buying That Casement Windows / Lovely Designs For Nairalanders Who Wants To Build:Check in and Get yours / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.