Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Gay And Depressed. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gay And Depressed. (49186 Views)

What Can Someone Do To Make A Man Sad And Depressed? / Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help / Have You Ever Been Approached By Gay And Lesbian. Share Your Thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 29, 2015
lipsrsealed
Depressedguy:

why do I have to do something to change, did you do anything to become straight?

I dnt want to argue with anyone. I just wanna tell you what you are going through is normal. You dnt have to change but you should accept yourself. I don't want to disrespect any religion but you were created in love and you have the right to love whoever you want to love. In time you'll learn to accept yourself. Homosexuality is nothing like bestiality because there are two consenting adults involved. I wish you the very best hun.

*if ur not the op please dnt quote me. I won't reply you*

7 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Depressedguy: 3:44am On Mar 29, 2015
kelvin100:
@ Depressedguy

I feel your pain, I never believed anyone was born gay though.

My advice to you is this:

Some people are bi-sexual as we have come to understand which means they enjoy sexual pleasure with both sex.
Some equally get sexual satisfaction from the opposite sex as well as from self service.

This means there's no singlar way to get sexual satisfaction.

Now the question is this: do you desire sexual satisfaction?
Do you self service?

If you don't desire sexual satisfaction, then you have even a bigger problem.
If you do desire sexual satisfaction, try getting that sexual satisfaction from girls only even if you are not attracted to them just like some get using their hands or intimacy gadgets even when not attracted to their hands or intimacy gadgets.
You get what I mean?
Continue this way with girls, you might end up feeling you could be bi-sexual and not solely gay.
You might as well end up feeling attraction to a particular kind of girls. Go with it and don't look back, the positive is you already don't like being gay.

Don't try to be celibate because is won't help you one bit, try to get lost in sexual satisfaction from girls only until you find a way to appreciate them.

May God help you find a way.

Hmmmmh, exactly what am planning.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Depressedguy: 3:46am On Mar 29, 2015
Klinee:
Op my best advice for u is to stab yourself, if u cant stab yourself then report yourself to those who can help u stab u to death because you did not deserve to be on this earth. Normal man dont have such evil minded(thinking homosexually) when there are sexy women out there, you there thinking of how to burst your fellow male arse! God go punish u! You son of devil!

Call an ambulance, someone needs to visit a psychiatry.

4 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 29, 2015
I do not have a problem with anyone being Gay, neither do i think its a disease or an abnormality. Do I go with the myopic minds here who feel or believe that those who are of a different sexual orientation are cursed and should be put to death? No!

However what i do believe is that homosexuality is not a genetically-determined, unchangeable trait. Hence the "born that way" myth is just wrong and unacceptable.

I believe sexual orientation is not fixed at birth but rather is environmentally shaped and it unfolds slowly across childhood, adolescence and even adults, boys generally get sexually fixed at age 15 or so, is it changeable? Probably.

What you need is psychotherapy which will mainly involve 'self-control' self motivation and also try making greater efforts to mix socially with straight men and women in a non-sexual setting, also try to avoid 'temptation' it might be a hindrance to you achieving your goal. Note down your attractions to people of the same sex, sexual desires and behaviour, that way you can monitor your progress.

Can you change with time? Definately yes.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by GatJokez(f): 3:57am On Mar 29, 2015
@OP: nothing is ever worth suicide.... Please talk to a professional counselor about your thoughts of suicide. You need to learn coping skills and find what you love about life.

You have a lot going for you and you seem smart and outgoing. Focus on the things that interest you and improve on them. There is so much more to life than what our society sets as norms for us. Don't let other people's beliefs effect you or destroy you. After all, they get to live their lives as they wish. So should you!

Love and accept yourself unconditionally. We are all God's children and deserve to love our selves equally. No matter what, don't put yourself at risk by going to prostitutes. They will not help you find the reality of what you seek. Their services will make you feel dirty and confuse you more.

Best thing to do for yourself is to do some soul searching and seek professional help from a psychologist/counselor who's trained on helping people cope with emotions and mental distress. Otherwise, find a cause and dedicate yourself to it. I think your want to have a daughter and become a father is beautiful. Maybe you could adopt or foster!?!?

Best of luck to you. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Jsmile(m): 4:03am On Mar 29, 2015
OP, Firstly, It is written in all things give him thanks for this is the will of God concerning you 1 Thessalonian 5:18, I want you to thank God for His grace upon your life which has kept you till now irrespective of what you might have done because it is not everybody that has traded in that path made it out to even try to seek deliverance from it, that is to say God has plans for you and every mess you have been into by a reason of your confession, God is turning it into a message. Proverbs 28:13. I bring to you God's unfailing love for you that was manifest on the cross, don't condemn yourself because God has not condemn you yet, and don't give up on yourself when He hasn't given up on you. He loves you but hates the sin you are committing for if you don't hasten out of it, your end will be disastrous.

Secondary I pray that God forgives as many that has pour message of condemnation on you by a reason of your confession, If only they understand what it means to experience taste homosexuality but sorry they dont. May there judgement on you never be used against any of them on that day. God is a standard and so does Heaven has a standard too, which ever kind of sin you are living in will rub you off but your finishing well here and you loose loose your soul. Sin is a disqualifier Hebrew 12:14

Thirdly, I have learn to be in bondage of sin and also free from it by his grace, and that same God that has done is still in the business of doing it and yours won't won't be an exception. Hebrews 13:8 says he is the same yesterday, today and forevermore. I see a new thing about happening in your life, only if you believe it because (ALL) things are possible to them that believes. Mark 9:23. you need a new environment, am not talking about your physical environment or change of work. search me on Facebook with the the username ujnwachukwu and let's believe God of a what he will do. For this kind of perversion Jesus was made manifest, that he might destroy destroy the works of the devil, and am confident every such works that Is seen in in your life will be destroyed. 1 John 3:8
Re: Gay And Depressed. by iamord(m): 4:04am On Mar 29, 2015
RaeMystix:
Find yourself the nearest MFM center; Be prepared to fast as long as 40 days white fasting . I promise your homisexuality will no longer exist.
err. Rather I feel he needs to see a physiologist and counsellor. My worry is if there are certified people that handle such a case.

2 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 4:05am On Mar 29, 2015
Deleted pointless post
Re: Gay And Depressed. by iamord(m): 4:06am On Mar 29, 2015
naijaboiy:
i really don't understand what's going on here

The major point here is that the Op is looking for ways to change and some people are advising him to just accept who he is.

It's a different case if he's gay and proud as that wouldn't give any of us a problem.

If someone comes here tomorrow to table his frustrations on how he has been practising bestiality or being a paedophile,,are we still going to advise him to accept who he is and be happy? undecided

#JustThinkingAloud.
nairaland is one of the wrong East places to seek for advice. Cos u got a whole lot of people with the wrong frame of mind bringing their solutions up

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 29, 2015
Klinee:
may tunder pieces u there!

I love feisty individuals kiss, you spice up my life kiss kiss
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Toks2008(m): 4:21am On Mar 29, 2015
Depressedguy:
Being gay is my life regret, i have questioned God and myself how i got to this stage. I just feel like commiting suicide.

Here is my story, my name is Frank, 26, a banker. I am the envy of most women, because am 6.2" tall, fair and very handsome. My nickname is Ramsey Noah, this is to tell you how good looking i am. But i have a very BIG problem, i am attracted to the same sex.

This is a problem i have come to notice at teen, i love girls company more than guys, i play all the girl plays and hate football, am guessing that could be where my formation was transposed. I ended up liking what girls like when am not one. But i have come to change a few things becuase i went to a boarding house and was always ridiculed for that. So i changed so many things there, the way i talk, the way i walk, and my gestures, also i love football now more than anything, but my sexuality has refused to change.

I have all it takes to get a woman, i have a good job, a car, and live alone. But at this age, i have not seen a womans pants not to talk of getting in between. But i have so many female friends, so many that the always take me for a player. Am jovial with them, buy them gifts and treat them well, but am not sexually attracted to any of them and have no feelings whatsoever. Am just a good guy, i know that, because that is the best i can do to cover up my little secret. And they(ladies) love me too and many are dying for my attention. I have been asked out so many times by ladies. One even offered to pay all the bills just for us to get intimate, but i declined, lying that i have a girlfriend i dont want to cheat on.

To make matters worse, i hate being gay, sometimes i go celibate for as long as six(6) months simply because i hate my life and my sexuality. Am always alone, indoors all through the weekend, because going out with guys will result to girl talk and i have nothing to contribute, me of all persons, so hard to believe. I also hate gay companies, so many regrets afterwards as to why i am this way. I envy straight guys to the core, i so much wish i am one. When i see a guy and a girl holding hands and taking a walk, i have this feeling of giult amd hatred for myself that i quickly get depressed.

Here is the problem, i want to marry early, at least before 28 or max 30. I need to connect to a woman and force myself into a relationship. I need to get attracted to a womans body, and get turned on by that. And finally, i need to learn how to tolerate a woman, and live with thier baggage. Am comfortable as a single man, i dont mind living alone till i die, i can cook well and am not a sex freak, i can live for years without it. But i want kids, i love them and cant wait to have a daughter. I have once told myself that once i get married and have kids, i will divoorce my wife and live alone then the kids can stay anywhere. But this idea is pure foolishness.

I am very religious, as a matter if fact, this conditionn is the only sin i battle with, i know we all have one. I hardly commit any other sin. But i know that just this one is very mortal, but we are all strugglling because we are all flesh. It takes the grace of God to overcome sin generally.(Please dont come and critisize, we are all going to the same hell: homosexual, hetrosexual; and no sin is worse than the other.)

This my condition is getting me more depressed by the day and sometimes i wish to end my life. But i like my life more than anything, so am thinking of patronising prostitutes at least to get feel of what it takes like. But am afriad of STIs.

Please help a brother...

my brother you no get any problem at all

Secondly you are still young as i also really started sexing at 26.

the first step is to take the bold step in having a woman and even if i dont support fornication i feel you need to try sex with the opposite sex as i guess thiz xould break the possible attachment with the opposite sex.

If this does not work then you need to fast and pray for total deliverance meaning you must open up as you did here to a deliverance pastor n i recomend mfm since they operate in this calling.

Homosxulity is a strng demonic spirit that must be exspunged grom your life asap.

All the best
Re: Gay And Depressed. by nobilis: 4:34am On Mar 29, 2015
Over-zealously righteous people who like compounding the problems of others.

Now, what happens when the OP keeps praying and fasting for many days and nothing happens? He will believe that his own is done for and depression comes in more full force.

Until you have been in the OP's situation or have had a friend or brother battling these things, you will never fully understand.

There is no place in the Bible where the Bible condemns being gay. From Genesis to Revelation. If there is such a verse of the bible, I challenge all you holier-than-thou Christians to show me where the Bible said it is evil to be attracted to someone of the same sex.

What the bible condemns is having gay sex. Not being gay. And these two things are different. A gay guy doesn't have to have sex with a man b4 he discovers that he is sexually attracted to men.
Just like a straight guy doesn't have to have sex with a woman before he discovers that he is sexually attracted to women. Just like u have straight virgins, there are also gay virgins.
Sexual attraction and sex are two different things.

Until u discover that ur best friend is gay or that ur brother is gay, u won't really understand the struggle gay people go through.

The reason I'm writing this is to help the OP further since I've seen the number of bigoted statements after my original comment. The minds of Nigerians are set in backwardness and darkness. And they always condemn and castigate things they don't understand or things that look strange to them.

Just meet any gay guy out there and ask questions. You will see that many of them have gone for deliverance sessions, many have gone for praying and fasting sessions, many have gone for counselling and all sorts of spiritual healings and they don't work.

Many gay people are unhappy or depressed. They are not depressed because they are gay. They are depressed because they see themselves as different. They see themselves as stuck in that different-ness. Many have prayed and prayed yet nothing works. And dat situation fuels the depression.
Many homophobic people are actually gay people who use homophobia as a means of tackling their own homosexuality.

Another challenge: if u know any "previously" gay guy who was "delivered" and has stopped being attracted to men (mind u, I didn't say if he has stopped having sex with men), bring him here to share his story with us.

Corrective sex doesn't work, by any means. Do ur research properly.

One thing is that society is forcing many gay men to get married. And if you can't see the implication of this, let me inform u. It means that a generation of people are coming who will be very tolerant to homosexuality because they have gay fathers and lesbian mothers. So this forcing of people to have girlfriends and get married, just to save face will only have a positive outcome for homosexuality in the end.

OP, learn to live your life. Never you let anybody live ur life for you. Nobody taught u how to be attracted to men. U grew up and discovered urself that way. If that attraction was inherently evil, God wouldn't have put it in you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay And Depressed. by danielayodele16(m): 4:51am On Mar 29, 2015
Eastherbunny:
@op you're not gay.
For the fact that you hate being gay means collective you are normal but have a medical problem. Pls go and see a doctor.
Na hallucination o!
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Depressedguy: 4:52am On Mar 29, 2015
Wow, good to hear from you guys, all advises will be duely considered; but the decision is mine. As for those who came to curse and bash, I cant be stronger without you guys, more curse, more determination.

To the matter at hand, I am in this dilemma because of my religious inclination. Don't get me wrong, I would have lived my life to the fullest but there is pile, cancer of the anus, STIs and most especially HIV. And we all know that gays are more prone to them. Above all, it is SIN and that is the most important. I have a very promising future, die now cause of a stupid act, no way.

There are so many questions we cant answer. Who created the imbeciles, the blind, the cripple, the deaf, the dumb etc, none of us will say that it is God, but then how did they come into existence, did the devil create them or are they straight from the pit of hell. We all know that those people aren't normal, when compared to a "normal" human being but are they EVIL, are they possessed of a demon that needs to be cast out or do they need to be sent to prison for 14 years? Of course not, because they are not guilty of who they are because they are born that way. We only see them as abnormal because we live in a world where normal is a being born with two legs, two eyes, 46 chromosomes, can talk and can speak.

Same is for gays, they are normal human being with a different sexual preference. They are not evil, they are not sick, they are not mentally derailed and they are not possessed of any demon. You can say that they are sexually abnormal, because we live in world where normal is male and female and not male to male nor female to female. That is just the difference they simply have a different SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

Scientists can prove the abnormalities in these aforementioned disabilities, they can categorically say what caused them and why they occurred, but science can not say the actual cause of HOMOSEXUALITY, there is no scientific proof of that. The best they came up with was that is it just a habit. A hardcore habit that is very difficult to trace how and when it was acquired. This is not a fact though cause there are so many different stories about when and how gays started having the same sex attraction.

It pains me more where heterosexuals are at liberty to fornicate and go scot free but homosexuals don't. They even discuss it openly and brag about it, it is now an Olympic race, everybody competing for the gold. But talk of a homosexual, the next thing you hear is kill him, shoot him, burn him, maim him; and we all fail to realise that anywhere in the Bible that homosexuality was mentioned, adultery and fornication follows suit and they have the same punishment, death.

So we should stop deceiving ourselves, especially those who claim to be homophobic, one thing is being straight, another is being gay, take It or leave it. I have come to hate myself simply because religion says so, but am going to try, the worst I can become is BISEXUAL, then I will have to live with it.

4 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Gramondhigh(m): 4:58am On Mar 29, 2015
Ekiseme:
Make FG catch you

ewu!
What will FG do ur a Bastard. Is he his fault that he os Gay.Fool.!! brother try your best. its better to be bisexual than Gay.. I am bisexual n it took a lot of things Before I c ould tranform my self from Gay to bisexual. I slept with a girl for the very first time at 24. now am 27. I still do my Guy thing. bt I enjoy it with a babe. keep trying my man. all the best.

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 29, 2015
Depressedguy:
Wow, good to hear from you guys, all advises will be duely considered; but the decision is mine. As for those who came to curse and bash, I cant be stronger without you guys, more curse, more determination.

To the matter at hand, I am in this dilemma because of my religious inclination. Don't get me wrong, I would have lived my life to the fullest but there is pile, cancer of the anus, STIs and most especially HIV. And we all know that gays are more prone to them. Above all, it is SIN and that is the most important. I have a very promising future, die now cause of a stupid act, no way.

There are so many questions we cant answer. Who created the imbeciles, the blind, the cripple, the deaf, the dumb etc, none of us will say that it is God, but then how did they come into existence, did the devil create them or are they straight from the pit of hell. We all know that those people aren't normal, when compared to a "normal" human being but are they EVIL, are they possessed of a demon that needs to be cast out or do they need to be sent to prison for 14 years? Of course not, because they are not guilty of who they are because they are born that way. We only see them as abnormal because we live in a world where normal is a being born with two legs, two eyes, 46 chromosomes, can talk and can speak.

Same is for gays, they are normal human being with a different sexual preference. They are not evil, they are not sick, they are not mentally derailed and they are not possessed of any demon. You can say that they are sexually abnormal, because we live in world where normal is male and female and not male to male nor female to female. That is just the difference they simply have a different SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

Scientists can prove the abnormalities in these aforementioned disabilities, they can categorically say what caused them and why they occurred, but science can not say the actual cause of HOMOSEXUALITY, there is no scientific proof of that. The best they came up with was that is it just a habit. A hardcore habit that is very difficult to trace how and when it was acquired. This is not a fact though cause there are so many different stories about when and how gays started having the same sex attraction.

It pains me more where heterosexuals are at liberty to fornicate and go scot free but homosexuals don't. They even discuss it openly and brag about it, it is now an Olympic race, everybody competing for the gold. But talk of a homosexual, the next thing you hear is kill him, shoot him, burn him, maim him; and we all fail to realise that anywhere in the Bible that homosexuality was mentioned, adultery and fornication follows suit and they have the same punishment, death.

So we should stop deceiving ourselves, especially those who claim to be homophobic, one thing is being straight, another is being gay, take It or leave it. I have come to hate myself simply because religion says so, but am going to try, the worst I can become is BISEXUAL, then I will have to live with it.

u never needed to have come here if you know you had a " worst option ". Secondly, you said you can live forever without sex, so what's the issue here. you just wanna get into a woman? If the answer is yes, you said earlier you have women all around you, so why go for a prostitute. All this is just psychologic. Please see a counsellor and not yield to any advice on here first.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Aroniyo200(m): 5:01am On Mar 29, 2015
Being religious is not the same as being born again. So do the needful. Go give your life to Jesus in a very spiritually sound church. I recommend Deeper Life. All the best.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by sparko1(m): 5:03am On Mar 29, 2015
ronald4lif:

You still don't get it. People don't change their sexuality, it's a natural trait. Can a heterosexual change to gay, will you advise heterosexual to become gay?

People don't want to believe its natural, but from what the OP said I think I can gather that much.
Re: Gay And Depressed. by bigfrancis21: 5:03am On Mar 29, 2015
Klinee:
Op my best advice for u is to stab yourself, if u cant stab yourself then report yourself to those who can help u stab u to death because you did not deserve to be on this earth. Normal man dont have such evil minded(thinking homosexually) when there are sexy women out there, you there thinking of how to burst your fellow male arse! God go punish u! You son of devil!

Are you even normal at all??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 29, 2015
What can we do ?...
Re: Gay And Depressed. by IamOpemipo(m): 5:18am On Mar 29, 2015
onyiisoft:
Hey I can't say I totally understand how you feel. We all have our secret frustrations so don't be too hard on yourself. I tried sending you a message but I am not sure how that works. I hope you get the necessary help you need and if you want to talk you can inbox me.

Reg 2009 and only 3post?!..wow

Are u a registered Guest here..

1 Like

Re: Gay And Depressed. by AlphaDibia(m): 5:19am On Mar 29, 2015
Na wa.. sha i get two part solution for you.

First.. try sleep with another guy. Maybe depression go waka comot. Blue balls, na it dey worry you.

Second. Well.. if you dont like being gay, talk to one of your lady friends na. Maybe she'll help you by hooking you up with a babe. Try that one..

if e no work, e go come be like you be obanje pikin. wahala
Re: Gay And Depressed. by AAinEqGuinea: 5:19am On Mar 29, 2015
@op your depressive state is simply the result of being pitted down by social constructs; mainstream religion and gej's anti homo bill for starters.

I cant imagine what its like forced to live in the dark, but just know you're not alone in your suffering as other countries make ppl in your condition suffer in the most inhumane way... justified by religious influence and men's insecurities.

Humans, black and arabs ones in particular, have the most difficult tolerance of "live, and let live" using laws and religion to force a arbitrary will on you and your joystick.

I wish the world could do more to help you, not change you.

3 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 29, 2015
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Allureoftheseas(m): 5:30am On Mar 29, 2015
Depressedguy:
Being gay is my life regret, i have questioned God and myself how i got to this stage. I just feel like commiting suicide.

Here is my story, my name is Frank, 26, a banker. I am the envy of most women, because am 6.2" tall, fair and very handsome. My nickname is Ramsey Noah, this is to tell you how good looking i am. But i have a very BIG problem, i am attracted to the same sex.

This is a problem i have come to notice at teen, i love girls company more than guys, i play all the girl plays and hate football, am guessing that could be where my formation was transposed. I ended up liking what girls like when am not one. But i have come to change a few things becuase i went to a boarding house and was always ridiculed for that. So i changed so many things there, the way i talk, the way i walk, and my gestures, also i love football now more than anything, but my sexuality has refused to change.

I have all it takes to get a woman, i have a good job, a car, and live alone. But at this age, i have not seen a womans pants not to talk of getting in between. But i have so many female friends, so many that the always take me for a player. Am jovial with them, buy them gifts and treat them well, but am not sexually attracted to any of them and have no feelings whatsoever. Am just a good guy, i know that, because that is the best i can do to cover up my little secret. And they(ladies) love me too and many are dying for my attention. I have been asked out so many times by ladies. One even offered to pay all the bills just for us to get intimate, but i declined, lying that i have a girlfriend i dont want to cheat on.

To make matters worse, i hate being gay, sometimes i go celibate for as long as six(6) months simply because i hate my life and my sexuality. Am always alone, indoors all through the weekend, because going out with guys will result to girl talk and i have nothing to contribute, me of all persons, so hard to believe. I also hate gay companies, so many regrets afterwards as to why i am this way. I envy straight guys to the core, i so much wish i am one. When i see a guy and a girl holding hands and taking a walk, i have this feeling of giult amd hatred for myself that i quickly get depressed.

Here is the problem, i want to marry early, at least before 28 or max 30. I need to connect to a woman and force myself into a relationship. I need to get attracted to a womans body, and get turned on by that. And finally, i need to learn how to tolerate a woman, and live with thier baggage. Am comfortable as a single man, i dont mind living alone till i die, i can cook well and am not a sex freak, i can live for years without it. But i want kids, i love them and cant wait to have a daughter. I have once told myself that once i get married and have kids, i will divoorce my wife and live alone then the kids can stay anywhere. But this idea is pure foolishness.

I am very religious, as a matter if fact, this conditionn is the only sin i battle with, i know we all have one. I hardly commit any other sin. But i know that just this one is very mortal, but we are all strugglling because we are all flesh. It takes the grace of God to overcome sin generally.(Please dont come and critisize, we are all going to the same hell: homosexual, hetrosexual; and no sin is worse than the other.)

This my condition is getting me more depressed by the day and sometimes i wish to end my life. But i like my life more than anything, so am thinking of patronising prostitutes at least to get feel of what it takes like. But am afriad of STIs.

Please help a brother...

Pray to oshun, she is also the goddess of sexuality she can help you change it, father lucifer giveth, sjncerity in asking will make your prayers answered. Trust me, the supreme has never failed
Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 29, 2015
I do not understand this post. What is wrong with being a homosexual? If you are attracted to guys then go out with them. Why suffer needlessly? Oh I forgot, a book and society told you so. Continue with your depression. In fact may your depression lead you to commit suicide so that you can finally rest in your Homophobic God's bosom. Somebody shout amen.

2 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 29, 2015
its sad that you can't expect people to give advice to someone after he has bared his soul here. I guess that's just who we are as Nigerians we are generally wicked people. the comments have read here is shocking and to think tomorrow is sunday. :/ is this christ-like ?

3 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 29, 2015
pcguru1:
its sad that you can't expect people to give advice to someone after he has bared his soul here. I guess that's just who we are as Nigerians we are generally wicked people. the comments have read here is shocking and to think tomorrow is sunday. :/ is this christ-like ?
it's just pathetic, ignorant and judgemental comments. I am sure he would have seen how the society hates him so much.

This is indeed hypocritical to see someone who is normal, but because he is gay then he is automatically from the devil and not meant to live. I feel the pain of the OP, being in a society where illiteracy, poor and sentimental thinking booms rather than technological advancement and critical thinking with open mind.

We really have a long way to go. No individual minds at all, just hearsay.

4 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 29, 2015
nobilis:
Over-zealously righteous people who like compounding the problems of others.

Now, what happens when the OP keeps praying and fasting for many days and nothing happens? He will believe that his own is done for and depression comes in more full force.

Until you have been in the OP's situation or have had a friend or brother battling these things, you will never fully understand.

There is no place in the Bible where the Bible condemns being gay. From Genesis to Revelation. If there is such a verse of the bible, I challenge all you holier-than-thou Christians to show me where the Bible said it is evil to be attracted to someone of the same sex.

What the bible condemns is having gay sex. Not being gay. And these two things are different. A gay guy doesn't have to have sex with a man b4 he discovers that he is sexually attracted to men.
Just like a straight guy doesn't have to have sex with a woman before he discovers that he is sexually attracted to women. Just like u have straight virgins, there are also gay virgins.
Sexual attraction and sex are two different things.

Until u discover that ur best friend is gay or that ur brother is gay, u won't really understand the struggle gay people go through.

The reason I'm writing this is to help the OP further since I've seen the number of bigoted statements after my original comment. The minds of Nigerians are set in backwardness and darkness. And they always condemn and castigate things they don't understand or things that look strange to them.

Just meet any gay guy out there and ask questions. You will see that many of them have gone for deliverance sessions, many have gone for praying and fasting sessions, many have gone for counselling and all sorts of spiritual healings and they don't work.

Many gay people are unhappy or depressed. They are not depressed because they are gay. They are depressed because they see themselves as different. They see themselves as stuck in that different-ness. Many have prayed and prayed yet nothing works. And dat situation fuels the depression.
Many homophobic people are actually gay people who use homophobia as a means of tackling their own homosexuality.

Another challenge: if u know any "previously" gay guy who was "delivered" and has stopped being attracted to men (mind u, I didn't say if he has stopped having sex with men), bring him here to share his story with us.

Corrective sex doesn't work, by any means. Do ur research properly.

One thing is that society is forcing many gay men to get married. And if you can't see the implication of this, let me inform u. It means that a generation of people are coming who will be very tolerant to homosexuality because they have gay fathers and lesbian mothers. So this forcing of people to have girlfriends and get married, just to save face will only have a positive outcome for homosexuality in the end.

OP, learn to live your life. Never you let anybody live ur life for you. Nobody taught u how to be attracted to men. U grew up and discovered urself that way. If that attraction was inherently evil, God wouldn't have put it in you.
An informed mind the OP needs to pay attention to, I don't know why people quickly attribute things with religious sentiments. It's indeed pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 29, 2015
slimmy05:
it's just pathetic, ignorant and judgemental comments. I am sure he would have seen how the society hates him so much.

This is indeed hypocritical to see someone who is normal, but because he is gay then he is automatically from the devil and not meant to live. I feel the pain of the OP, being in a society where illiteracy, poor and sentimental thinking booms rather than technological advancement and critical thinking with open mind.

We really have a long way to go. No individual minds at all, just hearsay.

Its why i don't regard NL suggestions, this place is just full of hatred its a reflection of the society biggest hypocrites of all, and to think we are the most religious people yet so wicked towards anyone. Left to me I don't have issue with Homosexuality as much as i don't support it, I don't think the OP has big issues like that, if he wants to be straight i guess that's up to him as long as he lives his life and achieve his potentials.

@OP sadly am not equipped to advice you, but my advice is that suicide won't help the matter, and also its no use lying to yourself if you are not attracted to women well, just don't force it , if not you might hate yourself and the lady you are trying to get used to. there are so many irresponsible girls out there so getting a child off them won't be a problem as long as you guys have agreement oh and am sure they'd be happy to even leave the child with you. Suicide is not the answer

3 Likes

Re: Gay And Depressed. by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 29, 2015
pcguru1:

Its why i don't regard NL suggestions, this place is just full of hatred its a reflection of the society biggest hypocrites of all, and to think we are the most religious people yet so wicked towards anyone. Left to me I don't have issue with Homosexuality as much as i don't support it, I don't think the OP has big issues like that, if he wants to be straight i guess that's up to him as long as he lives his life and achieve his potentials.

@OP sadly am not equipped to advice you, but my advice is that suicide won't help the matter, and also its no use lying to yourself if you are not attracted to women well, just don't force it , if not you might hate yourself and the lady you are trying to get used to. there are so many irresponsible girls out there so getting a child off them won't be a problem as long as you guys have agreement oh and am sure they'd be happy to even live the child with you. Suicide is not the answer
I have witnessed first hand a woman whip her own daughter just cos she is autistic and can't feed herself, she usually refer to her as a witch and not her child. I usually weep each time I see the pain that little poor girl go through, I feel like taking her away from her and nurse the girl myself. I know by the special grace of God am coming for them with my own quota to assist create awareness.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

"What My Fiance Did For Me After Breaking My Leg In An Accident". Photos / People say Age Is Just A Number. Do you agree?(picture) / New Photos Of The Lady Who Used Frame To Get Married In Absence Of Her Groom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.