Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,639 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo (36326 Views)

Nana Akufo-Addo Visits Owerri For Imo Day Of Thanksgiving (pics) / Buratai Looks Corporate As Okorocha Hosts Him & Others To State Dinner In Owerri / Patience Jonathan Visits Owerri, Imo State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by contactmorak: 12:19am On Apr 07, 2015
Following the refusal of most Igbos in the south-East to support the change-train of the All Progressive People's Congress(APC) in the presidential election of March 28 which brought in Mohammadu Buhari as President-elect, Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha is currently fighting hard to ensure that the Igbos do not lose out totally.

You would recall that the APC equally didn't win the majority seats in the National Assembly in the state, and may no longer have the seat of the Senate president and speaker of the House of Representa­tives, which is rather a disturbing factor to the Igbo leader Rochas Okorocha who said it's a pitiable situation and disheartening that out of sentiment the Igbos rubbed themselves out. 

But Okorocha the southeast leader is not deterred but is determined to ensure that the South-Eastern states have a firm place in the Scheme of things and particularly to enjoy 'Federal might' which is often easier when a state's ruling party is properly aligned one at the national, Rochas Okorocha who is reputed for always fighting for the cause of the Igbos has finalised move to bring the much- loved President-elect Buhari to the South-East today, April 7th.

The ever-passionate Imo governor will ensure that when Buhari arrives Owerri tomorrow, the fondly called "People's General" will meet with all stakeholders, use the opportunity to thank all the Igbos, and encourage them to have a rethink by voting APC in next weekend's governorship election.

"There is danger looming for the South-East if urgent steps are not taken to let the Igbos realise why they should vote APC next weekend. Ofcourse, there have always been clarion calls sounded by His Excellency Owelle Anayo Rochas Okorocha to all Igbos, but our people refused to listen. Now see where we are about to find ourselves in the emerging political equation following the Presidential election last weekend. There is nothing like being part of the government at the centre and fortunately, the Igbos still have one more chance in this election by voting APC in next Saturday's governorship election. They won't say that we didn't warn them," an aide of the governor explains to us.

Buhari's coming back to say thank you to the Ndi Igbo, may be worthy of note and speaks volume as against, PDP's Goodluck Jonathan who never returned to show appreciation despite getting majority votes of the Igbos-1.3million votes in Imo and about 7 million votes in the entire South-East in the last election.

By mediating for a cordial relationship between the president-elect and the Igbos who turned their back against him in last weekend's poll, Rochas Okorocha is also once again as in recent time, demonstrating his significant role in reclaiming the political rights of the Igbo race and her political alignment to the center which voting of APC next weekend will ensure.

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/04/okorocha-champions-affairs-of-ndi-igbo.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by amsoslim(m): 12:29am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by abduljabbar4(m): 2:09am On Apr 07, 2015
I can bet my life those tribalistic fools will not listen to Rochas Okorocha.
He is really fighting hard for the Igbos but they will show their appreciation by voting him out. The Igbos are ingrates

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by BrokenTV: 4:11am On Apr 07, 2015
Who is Okorocha to dictate for ndi igbo.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by modath(f): 4:41am On Apr 07, 2015
I wish Ndigbos will leave their noses on their faces, seperating them will never do them any good, Okorocha is trying his best to mend fences and build bridges but the resistance to all friendly overtures is unbecoming.

Everyone made their choices; nowhere did the HF and the yorubas promise their votes to Jonathan.

The election is over and done with,the winner has promised to work for everyone, while the loser has asked for everyone's co operation for the incoming regime but some still insist on crying more than the bereaved.

36 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Collynzo9: 6:38am On Apr 07, 2015
Okorocha should sell himself with his performance instead of all these threats.
He should tell the good people of Imo why he deserves to be re-elected.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Collynzo9: 6:41am On Apr 07, 2015
modath:
I wish Ndigbos will leave their noses on their faces, seperating them will never do them any good, Okorocha is trying his best to mend fences and build bridges but the resistance to all friendly overtures is unbecoming. Everyone made their choices; nowhere did the HF and the yorubas promise their votes to Jonathan.

The election is over and done with,the winner has promised to work for everyone, while the loser has asked for everyone's co operation for the incoming regime but some still insist on crying more than the bereaved.
Seems like your reasoning is upside down. Since the election results were announced, Igbos have accepted it, but others especially Yorubas keep castigating Igbos for rejecting APC totally. So who is crying more than the bereaved here?

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by contactmorak: 7:18am On Apr 07, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:
We've heard it time over time, we've seen it all over the place, yet you guys will not stop spamming every thread with it. Methinks these PDP ass-lickers have started again. With your divisive politics, if you make Igbo clash with Yorubas, and ur man JK takes the lead, ruling a divided state won't benefit him/anybody else, except some few elites....

Many Yorubas ave always admired Igbo women, Warri boys are well known to crack jokes and make d hood lively, my dudes in Alaba market and other places are taking profits to d delta and still making more.........let this continue, don't over-eat now so ur grandkids won't be paying the debt all their lives...
well said

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by adorablepepple(f): 10:49am On Apr 07, 2015
undecided n so
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Dear Okorocha, please continue your good works for the Igbo race. History will judge you as one of the the best we could produce. Continue to help us build good bridges between the North & West.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 07, 2015
[size=13pt]undecided

IF I WERE BUHARI I WILL MARGINALIZE THOSE IGBOS AND STARVE THEM OF FEDERAL PRESENCE FOR 4 YEARS. VERY HATEFUL TRIBE THAT WON'T FORGET THE PAST AND EMBRACE UNITY
[/size]

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Burger01(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2015
Lemon12:
Oba of Lagos Rilwan akiolu has threaten to kill all the igbos in lagos and throw them into the Lagoon if the do not vote for Apc Governorship candidiate Ambode.

This stewpid oba should be dragged to ICC
Hope the international community are watching....
Enough of this, abeg. It's becoming more of a spam than alarming message smiley

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Whizzdom(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2015
Sai Baba........ grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 07, 2015
I guess the Igbo's got themselves a new leader.

I wonder why this country is so divided along tribal lines tho'. undecided

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by greall12(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2015

1 Like

The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.

229 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Sunnycliff(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2015
All this ethnic bigotry will not help us! One Naija!! Wazobia!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Collynzo9: 10:51am On Apr 07, 2015
Brandnew2:
Igbo's got a new leader.
Appointed by you, right?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by izenco2005(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Titan5g: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:
[size/12pt] undecided

IF I WERE BUHARI I WILL MARGINALIZE THOSE IGBOS AND STARVE THEM OF FEDERAL PRESENCE FOR 4 YEARS. VERY HATEFUL TRIBE THAT WON'T FORGET THE PAST AND EMBRACE UNITY[/size]

Seriously, you made this comment? You are educated? Wao , even looking at your sagged breast in your pix tells me you have been overused. Idiot

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by dipopooo(m): 10:54am On Apr 07, 2015
sad sad did okoro even win his state?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:
[size/12pt] undecided

IF I WERE BUHARI I WILL MARGINALIZE THOSE IGBOS AND STARVE THEM OF FEDERAL PRESENCE FOR 4 YEARS. VERY HATEFUL TRIBE THAT WON'T FORGET THE PAST AND EMBRACE UNITY[/size]

This is not necessary. Thank God you are not Buhari.

31 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2015
Rochas it's too late you must go Buhari can never save you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2015
Collynzo9:
Appointed by you, right?
Isn't it obvious from the turn of events?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pirates Captured By Navy After They Hijacked Oil Tanker (Photos) / Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform / Tinubu Bishop, Ugokwe Prince, Makes List Of APC Presidential Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.