Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (100978 Views)

Nigeria Historical Facts: Who Are The Egbas?? / Culture And Historical Background Of Kabba People Of Kogi State / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
Demmzy15:
Proudly Igbomina! grin

Yelzzz!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

Wow. Where exactly in Iloffa? Egosi,Imode and Iloffa

cheesy Egosi I guess... *covers face* grin grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by femi4: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:
No matter the history, Omo Kwara ododo ni mi kiss smiley

Do you feel South western or Northern?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

embarassed undecided embarassed
As long as I know am not fulani, and I dont look like one.... tongue Btw, Ilorin is a town in Kwara, and I'm not from ilorin tongue

grin it is inevitable. you can't run from it. whether you are from offa, Ilorin, Oke oba, you are still a Fulani girl. As long as your masters are still there and fully in charge of kwara state, you can't run from it. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by illiad: 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lol! There is no need rewriting history. Tafawa Balewa told the British that if they did not agree to allow the north a higher number in the national assembly then the British should kindly leave so that HausaFulanis will continue their jihad until they get to the lagoon. So my friend it was the British that stopped them at ilorin as they intended matching until lagos. And should civilization disappeared this very moment HausaFulanis are still ready to take all yoruba land.

Unfortunately the yorubas can't die to save ilorin from the hands of the invaders which is the only way to get it back.

But of

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Yelzzz!!! grin
Yeppaaa!! I have found a sister, my blood! grin
Nice to meet you o! grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

Ilorin is only a town/city in kwara. I am from kwara state but not from Ilorin.

are the Fulani's not in charge of kwara state? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

where in kwara?

Paternal Okerimi-Oro, Omo Olofian, Omo olorimi ayobiere, Ayaki olode ajigba, bi eru ji Agba tie, bi iwofa ji Agba tie ni iyana oto.

Maternal- Esie, Omo Elere ajobo omo oba egunjobi iti omo apasa omo bo ba mu ole bi e se mu o kigbe si ara ile tantan afi eyin ole gbo tete!

Undiluted Igbomina blood flows in my veins grin

So where are you from?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Yelzzz!!! grin

I love Fulani girls...oya kiss me. grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by sugarkemi(m): 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
[quote author=Demmzy15 post=32488496]
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
femi4:
Do you feel South western or Northern?

grin embarassed I feel Nigerian joor tongue
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by derecho(m): 4:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
ahmedolawale:
and another history about to be made by jimi Agbaje promising to make Eze ndigbo to oba Eko status if they can support him to be governor of Lagos
and you think that's why people want to vote for him?Jimi is not new to Lagosians,and No body wants to be intimidated by any mortal.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by femi4: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

humm, seems some people don't care
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Paternal Okerimi-Oro, Omo Olofian, Omo olorimi ayobiere, Ayaki olode ajigba, bi eru ji Agba tie, bi iwofa ji Agba tie ni iyana oto.

Maternal- Esie, Omo Elere ajobo omo oba egunjobi iti omo apasa omo bo ba mu ole bi e se mu o kigbe si ara ile tantan afi eyin ole gbo tete!

All this in Kwara? shocked I need to start visiting my State more often undecided
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by derecho(m): 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

God Bless you joor

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

grin it is inevitable. you can't run from it. whether you are from offa, Ilorin, Oke oba, you are still a Fulani girl. As long as your masters are still there and fully in charge of kwara state, you can't run from it. tongue

embarassed angry angry
I'm not a FULANI GIRL!!! tongue undecided
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

So where are you from?
Am from Ekan but my mum is from agbamu.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

All this in Kwara? shocked I need to start visiting my State more often undecided

Lol, I was just giving the 'oriki' of two places
Okerimi-Oro - my Paternal home and Esie my maternal home. So where in kwara are u from?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

embarassed angry angry
Are you really from Iloffa?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

I love Fulani girls...oya kiss me. grin

Lemme joor cry
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
sugarkemi:
♈̷̴̩‎ε̲̣̣α̲̅‎​н,bt d issue is wia d capital will b situated.omu aran pple are fighting to b situated in dere likewise offa pple.bt d centre of dis town is ajase ipo.I hope dey wil put dis selfish interest aside nd fight for igbomina state
Wallahi, I don't even think they'd allow us to produce a Governor. The Igbomina land has a lot of tourist attractions but they're marginalized, not managed well and kicked out. Smh! embarassed
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by phlio(m): 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
oathman:
What u fail to realise is that ilorin is a border between the north and the south. Are ona kankafo was sent to war by Alaafin but he failed nd he can't go back to Oyo so he settled down at the border. Alaafin thought he betray him nd wage war against his best warrior. Are ona kankafo realising that the Oyo empire ll defeat him, ask for support and Alliance from the north( not only the fulanis but also the nupes otherwise known as tapa in yoruba) wch re predominantly muslims. To cut my long story short, after the war the ilorin town bcums a settlement for all of them. The fulanis were more organised than the yorubas due to there ways of lyf, they pray togeda, they have Amir(later bcum Emir) nd by this they were able to convert majority of the yorubas to muslims, so when Are ona kankafo died and they av to choose a leader, due to the fact dat majority are now muslims they chose there Amir to be the leader.......PROUD ILORIN BOY
...lies
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

Am from Ekan but my mum is from agbamu.
Wow Ekan has 7 towns, where specifically are u from in Ekan, plus Agbamu is beside Iludun-Oro, we are neighbours and good ones at that grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
femi4:
humm, seems some people don't care

Yea, people like me dont care grin grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by rooqee120(f): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Demmzy15:
Emir is just a rough name of 'Amir' in Arabic, it means a 'leader'. So it's the influence of Islam not Fulani, Islam wasn't brought to yoruba land by the Fulanis but by the influence of the 'Songhai' empire in Mali. Yoruba Muslims have existed 100s of years before the birth of Uthman bin Foodee(Dan Fodio). So people claiming the Fulanis forced Islam on Yorubas is a big lie!
Yes this is sooo true...
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
derecho:
God Bless you joor

God bless you too bro smiley
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by 9cbaby(f): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
oathman:
What u fail to realise is that ilorin is a border between the north and the south. Are ona kankafo was sent to war by Alaafin but he failed nd he can't go back to Oyo so he settled down at the border. Alaafin thought he betray him nd wage war against his best warrior. Are ona kankafo realising that the Oyo empire ll defeat him, ask for support and Alliance from the north( not only the fulanis but also the nupes otherwise known as tapa in yoruba) wch re predominantly muslims. To cut my long story short, after the war the ilorin town bcums a settlement for all of them. The fulanis were more organised than the yorubas due to there ways of lyf, they pray togeda, they have Amir(later bcum Emir) nd by this they were able to convert majority of the yorubas to muslims, so when Are ona kankafo died and they av to choose a leader, due to the fact dat majority are now muslims they chose there Amir to be the leader.......PROUD ILORIN BOY
ilorin masu jamba

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by ghostofsparta(m): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
It's either the original writer of this post is ignorant or deliberately choose to ignore the historical points given to the fact that - prior to that particular period of religious turmoil, massive Isslamik campaigns had already begun to ravage North and West Africa nations for centuries by landless non-African invaders called the Fulani Arabs who in their merciless and brutal Isslamik campaigns known as jihad laid waste to an uncountable number of African lands thereby continually causing the displacement of natives of several tribal kingdoms (a ripple effect). In the name of Iislaamic crusading these Jihhadists brought upon African societies the kind of utter destruction which is no where comparable to that perpetrated by transatlantic slavers. When it came to the time of the Yorubas, the Afonja episode turned out to be the weak link which aided their penetration.

[b]The writer also failed to point out that Afonja was not only betrayed by the Fulanis he entrusted his political and military prowess with, but was also killed while on his horse by the death of an arrow-shot through his back such that he [Afonja] is said to have fallen to the ground lying awkwardly as the arrow unbalanced him while bleed to death. Has history has told us, that like so many Hausa rulers fell for the insidious ploy and deceits, so too did Afonja fell for years of Fulani master manipulation for he [Afonja] was blinded by his own ambition to establish his reign in upper Oyo, a decision which was initially meant for him to secure and protect upper Oyo and report to main Oyo of any activities should incase Oyo kingdom should prepare for war that may arise from Oke-Oya (North of Yorubaland i.e. the Hausa-lands), however, he instead connived with the Fulanis he so much believed had their support and were on his side, and went against the rulings of the then ruler of Oyo (the Alafin), [this fact is connected to the powerful Yoruba disorder-causing super-charm called Abilu which later came to the understanding of Yoruba historians and elders that Fulani spies who passed themselves off as peace-seeking, easy going mooslim clerics trickling to Yorubaland for years to mingle and settle within various communities throughout Yorubaland mainly as Isslamik clergies were noted to have learned, mastered and eventually used it [the Abilu science] against the Yorubas in future wars, beginning particularly with the Afonja fiasco where he and his superiors were in disarray and petty loggerheads which is what Abilu super-charm does.[/b]

[b]Afonja was yet another tool at the hand of the Fulanis jihadists, an important one for that matter since it served as the means that enabled them to amass a substantial amount of army of fighters indoctrinated with the believe to fight against the so-taught pagan Gods of their lands in embrace of prime deity of the Arab people who are not even Negroes but Semites to start with. This is the same tactics history tells us they [the Fulanis] had repeatedly used as a tool to destabilize kingdoms/nations that has any semblance of a ruling system or some sort of hierarchical structure of order because they very much understood if the head is cut off, the body must fall, they come nicely to preach Isslam, the peaceful villagers and townspeople never suspects they [the Fulani Arabs] use the granted opportunity to study and learn of the strength and weaknesses, they report back to their caliphs residing in the conquered lands of indigenous blacks turned into emirates, they appoint a date to strike after years of causing instability. In the chaos, slaves are captured and sold, when the dust settles, yet another emirate is established. If not for the British colonial intervention, historians agree that the Fulanis would have be driven far back out of Kwara/Illorin by a coalition of Yoruba forces, even more farther away off conquered Hausa territories. This notion is based upon the resulting outcome from The Battle of Oshogbo in 1830 where the invading Fulanis forces were crushed, defeated and driven back before the interference of the colonials. They've tried this over and over in order Kingdom they've conquered in their fanatic zeal to establish Isslam throughout black Africa....to dip the Kuan into the sea.[/b]
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

Yeppaaa!! I have found a sister, my blood! grin
Nice to meet you o! grin

Same here brother grin cool
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Lol, I was just giving the 'oriki' of two places
Okerimi-Oro - my Paternal home and Esie my maternal home. So where in kwara are u from?

cheesy lols. Oh okay. Okerimi is Oke-ero right.? Never heard of Esie
From Igbomina... Iloffa/Isapa smiley
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

embarassed angry angry

Tell that to the people in offa. grin

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by ijiini(m): 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
....hmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio / Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief / The Nuba Peoples Of North Sudan (warning: Tribal Nudity)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.