Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,556 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (100999 Views)

Nigeria Historical Facts: Who Are The Egbas?? / Culture And Historical Background Of Kabba People Of Kogi State / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Wow Ekan has 7 towns, where specifically are u from in Ekan, plus Agbamu is beside Iludun-Oro, we are neighbours and good ones at that grin
The seven towns is called Ekan meje in which Ekan is also part of the seven towns.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
9cbaby:
ilorin masu jamba

cheesy cheesy why evullsss Look at my profile pix and tell me if I dressed like that. grin tongue tongue
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

Are you really from Iloffa?

Yes I am.. you dont believe me? undecided
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Lemme joor cry

Eyaa. don't cry. I blame alimi and afonja for all making you a Fulani babe. grin

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

Tell that to the people in offa. grin

They already know I'm not fulani joor... embarassed
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Crocz(m): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
When people talk about Ilorin in this manner I just laugh cos they have absolute no idea what the place is like. Ilorin is majorly muslim city with virtually every indigen with different ancestral origin. The Emir also has Fulani ancestral origin but he's more YORUBA than anybody. The Emir is just a title to depict an Emirate, an Islamic state. I can categorically tell you the Emir does not even understand Fulfude. You'll see indigens with ancestral origins from Oyo(mostly), Osun (e.g former gov. Lawal), Borno, Kogi etc but still Yoruba!

If you still of the opinion that Ilorin is being ruled by a Fulani, just go to the place and see for yourself. The complexity of things there is not as simple as you think.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy lols. Oh okay. Okerimi is Oke-ero right.? Never heard of Esie
From Igbomina... Iloffa/Isapa smiley

Wow found a sister, but oke ero is your local government area, Okerimi-Oro is from another LGA called irepodun, Esie is also from Irepodun, Esie is the home of stone images and it houses the first museum in Nigeria, isapa is the home of Senator Simeon Ajibola, PDP gubernatorial candidate. Kwara is beautiful, please visit as often as possible, u will enjoy every bit of ur stay

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy Egosi I guess... *covers face* grin grin
why you dey cover face?
I grew up in Iloffa and am even presently in Iloffa.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by jony247(m): 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
oathman:
What u fail to realise is that ilorin is a border between the north and the south. Are ona kankafo was sent to war by Alaafin but he failed nd he can't go back to Oyo so he settled down at the border. Alaafin thought he betray him nd wage war against his best warrior. Are ona kankafo realising that the Oyo empire ll defeat him, ask for support and Alliance from the north( not only the fulanis but also the nupes otherwise known as tapa in yoruba) wch re predominantly muslims. To cut my long story short, after the war the ilorin town bcums a settlement for all of them. The fulanis were more organised than the yorubas due to there ways of lyf, they pray togeda, they have Amir(later bcum Emir) nd by this they were able to convert majority of the yorubas to muslims, so when Are ona kankafo died and they av to choose a leader, due to the fact dat majority are now muslims they chose there Amir to be the leader.......PROUD ILORIN BOY
You have no choice. I wish you are proud truly
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Crocz:
When people talk about Ilorin in this manner I just laugh cos they have absolute no idea what the place is like. Ilorin is majorly muslim city with virtually every indigen with different ancestral origin. The Emir also has Fulani ancestral origin but he's more YORUBA than anybody. The Emir is just a title to depict an Emirate, an Islamic state. I can categorically tell you the Emir didn't even understand Fulani.

If you still of the opinion that Ilorin is being ruled by a Fulani, just go to the place and see for yourself. The complexity of things in there is not as simple as you think.

Please tell them oooo.

Shey Dragonking is seeing this embarassed
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

Eyaa. don't cry. I blame alimi and afonja for all making you a Fulani babe. grin

embarassed angry embarassed undecided

Go to kwara and see for yourself undecided
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

The seven towns is called Ekan meje in which Ekan is also part of the seven towns.

Alright so u are from Ekan in Ekan meje, great to meet u here cheesy
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Please tell them oooo.

I read his post and all I see are lies. let me ask you one question, do you feel more south western or northern when in offa or anywhere else in kwara? Talk true ooo. grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

why you dey cover face?
I grew up in Iloffa and am even presently in Iloffa.

Covering my face cos I wasn't sure if its Egosi... grin

Great... sad thing, been there only once... undecided

Iloffa is a nice place na smiley
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Alright so u are from Ekan in Ekan meje, great to meet u here cheesy
Yes. Same here bro. Hope you are around to cast your vote?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by falopey: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Deltagiant:
Ok, but the bottom line is that Ilorin was taken by force by a Fulani led/inspired army. And that the Yoruba mainstream tried to recapture it and failed. And that Ilorin today is an officially Fulani emirate. And that the Fulani wouldn't relinquish Ilorin without a bloody fight as it is their nearest range to the sea.

Of course you didn't read the article or you could not comprehend the English. Try go back to it
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

embarassed angry embarassed undecided

Go to kwara and see for yourself undecided

yeah, have been there..everything is fulanish even the atmosphere and their babes too. grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Covering my face cos I wasn't sure if its Egosi... grin

Great... sad thing, been there only once... undecided

Iloffa is a nice place na smiley
Hmm, You don't like coming home or you don't have the chance?

Egosi is fast developing, am sure you won't recognise it again.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Missyetty(f): 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Omo ilorin ni mi faa
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by MrPresident1: 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
omonnakoda:
There never was a Yoruba mainstream. That is a creation of the British and Nigeria. The Ilorin issue is an OYO issue. Nothing to do with Ondo or Ekiti,Ijebus or Egbas who never identified themselves as "Yoruba" before the British came. If there was no Nigeria there would be no YORUBA or only the OYOS would bear that title

Prof. I greet you sir.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

yeah, have been there..everything is fulanish even the atmosphere and their babes too. grin
You are a pathetic liar.

Even in Ilorin that is bieng refer to as a fulani, their major language is still yoruba.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by iconize(m): 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Ilorin is a town in Kwara, I'm not from Ilorin... Besides, irrespective of the history, I'm proudly Kwarite grin grin
Dumbness!
Kwaraite is yo' ethnic group?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Wow found a sister, but oke ero is your local government area, Okerimi-Oro is from another LGA called irepodun, Esie is also from Irepodun, Esie is the home of stone images and it houses the first museum in Nigeria, isapa is the home of Senator Simeon Ajibola, PDP gubernatorial candidate. Kwara is beautiful, please visit as often as possible, u will enjoy every bit of ur stay

Nice meeting you bro smiley Kai, you sabi everything finish... grin Okay heard of Irepodun. Jibola is a relative. I visit kwara only once in a year, (December). And its ilorin. Went to Isapa for the 1st time last December and its such a nice place. Will visit kwara often now smiley
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
iconize:

Dumbness!
Kwaraite is yo' ethnic group?

Wiseness!

None of your business tongue
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

You are a pathetic liar.

Even in Ilorin that is bieng refer to as a fulani, their major language is still yoruba.

No matter what, you can never hide the truth..this is a picture in Ilorin...Doesn't this look like a view you will see in the north? You will never see an image like this in any other Yoruba state except kwara..why? The Fulani's rule you just accept.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by MrPresident1: 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
omonnakoda:
There never was a Yoruba mainstream. That is a creation of the British and Nigeria. The Ilorin issue is an OYO issue. Nothing to do with Ondo or Ekiti,Ijebus or Egbas who never identified themselves as "Yoruba" before the British came. If there was no Nigeria there would be no YORUBA or only the OYOS would bear that title. In those days if Oyo was in trouble there would be celebration in Abeokuta and the question of solidarity would not arise
In most places where they have Kings the kings generally are strangers of sorts. Much as Yorubas would never admit it ,it is probable that Oduduwa came from Benin. The English Royal family are not of Anglo-Saxon origin but French and German. So there s nothing new there. Kings either come from outside or from "heaven" and are rarely home- based

Oduduwa did not come from Benin, Oduduwa came from the East, Heaven. Oduduwa is also the progenitor of the Bini: and they all came from heaven. I can prove it from the Bible.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

I read his post and all I see are lies. let me ask you one question, do you feel more south western or northern when in offa or anywhere else in kwara? Talk true ooo. grin

Taaahhh... I feel Nigerian joorr undecided tongue
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Crocz(m): 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Please tell them oooo.

grin...people need to be enlightened but there are some things you cannot explain well except the person sees it himself. That's why I suggest they should visit the place one day and see for themselves.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Taaahhh... I feel Nigerian joorr undecided tongue

You see. grin

You can't answer because you know the truth. oya give me that kissgrin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

No matter what, you can never hide the truth..this is a picture in Ilorin...Doesn't this look like a view you will see in the north? You will never see an image like this in any other Yoruba state except kwara..why? The Fulani's rule you just accept.
I won't engage in an absurd argument with you, you can continue in your delusion of grandeur.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

Yes. Same here bro. Hope you are around to cast your vote?
No jare, I'm far away from home. Won't be able to leave work. U?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

shocked what's the opposite of truth

That's what you just did undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio / Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief / Photos From Wema Bank Old School Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.