Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje (82341 Views)

Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu / I’ll Accept Supreme Court’s Verdict – Wike / Buhari Should Take Outcome Of Election In Good Faith – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 12, 2015
[quote author=seunfly post=32621565]

Who is tribal here? Ambode or Agbaje?

Can you allow such madness in your place?
Chris Ingige lost senate presidency position not because he incited Yoruba against Igbo or he embarrassed any eze or he claimed anambra for Yoruba, but because he belongs to a party they did not believed in. What would have happened to him if he does what Agbaje did.
The same Ingige incedence is happening to rochas.

I think Yorubas has tried enough for non_Yorubas in their land, they voted for Igbo federal house of rep, choose igbos as commissioners in strategic position and paid school fees, medical bills and so many things we don't even know. Yet you turn against the same people because of jonathan's loss.

In Osun, Akwa ibom woman won house of rep not because she a Yoruba woman, same thing with Igbo man made commissioner in kwara state during Muhammed lawal's term not because they are more than 10% but they are humbly part and parcel of the society, people appreciates their contribution and love them. But if they want to force them self on them and flex mustle in their own land who will tolerate that nonsense. Such attitude causes self awareness and reaccessment for a care free society and it breeds hostility.

Mr man , non yorubas pay taxes in lagos too. And all the revenues that lagos generate is from every lagosian. Secondly people that chose jimi did that for one reason or the other its only your oba and you that thinks they tribal for chosing another yoruba man over another. For me personally i dont have pvc and if i did i wukd have voted for jimi , because i know that a vote for tinubu is a vote to increase my tfare from ajah to obalende to 500 naira. If thats not enough reason to vote jimi then nigeria is in trouble if most people reason like u.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by tobie247(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2015
sarris:
Come to Niger delta and see for yourself in Bonny alone they mk up abt 50% of d entire staff in d oil and gas sector.
Bros, to b honest, d reason y Yorubas make up 50% of d staff in d oil and gas sector in d Niger Delta is cos d Yorubas r well read and Niger Delta youths aren't educated, most of 'em no go school. Na ogogoro and easy money dem dey find. To b fair tho, these days, they( Niger Delta youths)'ve realised d importance of education and have started taking up d jobs there fast. Go check.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 12, 2015
SWDude:
I hope he has learnt a lesson. Don't be a sell out. Put the Yorubas first next time.
tell me one thing that Agbaje said that made u call him a sellout,or is it bad for strangers to support your broda,or did he abuse the oba? The man is just too good to govern lagos,since we westerners prefer jagaban to continue milking us dry,so shall it be. We get the kind of leaders we deserve! There is life after election,he has moved on.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Yinkagbo(m): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2015
pinardave:

Yorubas and stupidity... Always want to be slaves to one man. You didn't vote Agbaje because he seek the support of igbos showed highest level of insensitivity. As if he was not a Yoruba.. I pity you guys, keep bowing for Tinubu and let him be determining your faith every year.Tinubu will determine your faith in the next 24 years...guess what, the same set of people in his pipeline will be benefiting while the rest of you will be leaking his anus thinking you voted against the igbos. Agbaje is a pure Yoruba, he may have spread his campaign to get the Igbo votes, but guess what? the Yorubas in their primitive and tribalism voted against him..this is contrary to the education which they claimed to have acquired. Yoruba are slaves to Tinubu and will remain slaves!..stupid sets of people

And these are exact words u pple told GEj that he sud stop bowing and worshiping OBj (a man who helped him to become what he becomes)and u guys lead him astray becos of ur selfish desire.......u always believe u are smart but lo and behold we are smarter than u guys......with all these things that u guys av done,it will takes u 1m years before u can produce a president........that's only if u change from ur stupid act

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Drabrah(m): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2015
new2020:

Very shameless yoruba man. Lagos maybe in SW however very different from Osun, Ondo, Oyo, Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti in that 80% of taxes and duties paid into its coffers are by non yorubas...keep that in mind. When next you see Fashola commissioning a project...say big thank you to the non yorubas who are funding it through their taxes and duties. You think Lagos can function without them? You people should be very careful how carelessly you speak. Also say big thank you to the Niger Delta for your behemoth monthly allocation...you think you can survive without this handout by generous Niger Delta people? Speaking as a Niger Deltan, the day you Yoruba will marginalize any non yoruba in Lagos, be prepared to lose your federal monthly allocation and non payment of taxes and duties by non Yorubas...let's see how you will survive. You think Lagos would have attained its current economic and social status without nom yorubas and federal character? You want one Nigeria, you must abide by every law that glues us as Nigerians.
As much as I don't like 2 dabble into sensitive issues as tribalism +/_ religion, I think twil b quite unjust 4 me 2 overlook this crass display of ignorance. Lag may b earning gud allocation, buh dat doesn't mean life cannot go on wtout d allocation. Have 4gotten dat Lag allocation was stopped 4 several months @ d peak of d face - off by Obj & Tinubu at d terminal part of dia tenure as Pres & Gov respectively. & dat didn't even affect as much as salary payment.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by neyur: 7:01am On Apr 12, 2015
mrintelligent:

I laff in Japanese wen I read the part the says the yoruba you knw are bunch of traitors.

I need to cut you short here. The fact you wanted or voted for Jimi Agbaje simply because he promised to raise the Status of your Eze Ndi Igbo to that Oba of Lagos does not make him a better candidate.

For your information, we the Yorubas are not as mor.ons as you people who still want GEJ with all his failures to continue leading us for another 4 years. We are not traitor, we always look out for the best.

Ambode was voted because we know he is far better than Agbaje. Yes, I mean FAR BETTER. Quote me wrong

The yanga you people no fit do in Onitsha and Aba, you will now want to be doing it in Southwest simply because we are too accomodative. Let all the Igbos in the southwest be careful gidigidi gan.

Omo ale Nigeria jatijati

Hey dude! Show some social cut-cee. It hasn't come to insulting, we both are talking base on individual view.
Happy sunday jawe....

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by ogahug: 7:01am On Apr 12, 2015
seunfly:

Who is tribal here? Ambode or Agbaje?

Can you allow such madness in your place?
Chris Ingige lost senate presidency position not because he incited Yoruba against Igbo or he embarrassed any eze or he claimed anambra for Yoruba, but because he belongs to a party they did not believed in. What would have happened to him if he does what Agbaje did.
The same Ingige incedence is happening to rochas.

I think Yorubas has tried enough for non_Yorubas in their land, they voted for Igbo federal house of rep, choose igbos as commissioners in strategic position and paid school fees, medical bills and so many things we don't even know. Yet you turn against the same people because of jonathan's loss.

In Osun, Akwa ibom woman won house of rep not because she a Yoruba woman, same thing with Igbo man made commissioner in kwara state during Muhammed lawal's term not because they are more than 10% but they are humbly part and parcel of the society, people appreciates their contribution and love them. But if they want to force them self on them and flex mustle in their own land who will tolerate that nonsense. Such attitude causes self awareness and reaccessment for a care free society and it breeds hostility.
Sorry I need some clarification. Is Agbaje now an Igbo man not Yoruba again? Is what we are practising not democracy again? Can't one vote for the candidate of his/her choice again and remain safe? Must you force an individual to vote against his will? Do we go back to the military era where the people have only one job,that is to accept whoever or whatever is imposed on them? Why must people insist on reasoning through the anus in this modern era? I rest my case and need answers

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Zico5(m): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2015
new2020:

Very shameless yoruba man. Lagos maybe in SW however very different from Osun, Ondo, Oyo, Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti in that 80% of taxes and duties paid into its coffers are by non yorubas...keep that in mind. When next you see Fashola commissioning a project...say big thank you to the non yorubas who are funding it through their taxes and duties. You think Lagos can function without them? You people should be very careful how carelessly you speak. Also say big thank you to the Niger Delta for your behemoth monthly allocation...you think you can survive without this handout by generous Niger Delta people? Speaking as a Niger Deltan, the day you Yoruba will marginalize any non yoruba in Lagos, be prepared to lose your federal monthly allocation and non payment of taxes and duties by non Yorubas...let's see how you will survive. You think Lagos would have attained its current economic and social status without nom yorubas and federal character? You want one Nigeria, you must abide by every law that glues us as Nigerians.
Why can't u park ur bags and go back to ur village. Is it by force to remain and die where u never belong. Chest beater mofos
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by amefi(m): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2015
I think the major problem Nigeria has is tribalism not corruption as widely claimed. It is because if this that people are corrupt and want to appropriate everything to themselves any time the opportunity arises. In a develop society, vis-à-vis UK and America, there is nothing like state of origin. You simply have place of birth and that all. The earlier we stop that state of origin the better for us all otherwise there wouldn't be true unity.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by scantee(m): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2015
MrMcJay:
When Ambode was going on door-to-door campaign, Jimi was busy analysing the Oba's statements.

Now, His native Ikorodu rejected him

His fellow residents at Apapa rejected him

The neighbours of his campaign office at Ilupeju rejected him

Yorubas rejected him

Igbos don't trust him

Lagosians don't want him.

Today, Jimi Agbaje has become a political liability.

This should be a lesson to us all. In our pursuit for success, we should be very mindful of the kind of actions we take. You can't aim to lead a united community by dividing them.

Jimi, PDP and the Oba jointly tore into shreds of whatever bound us together as Lagosians. May God grant Ambode wisdom to handle Lagos a right.
This comment sound rigged, are you the one that posted this?
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by jangola08(m): 7:04am On Apr 12, 2015
Am very sure you didn't write this with a sane mind" you are under the influence of some cheap drug like_ tram, ref, swif....etc

Yorubas and stupidity... Always want to be slaves to one man. You didn't vote Agbaje because he seek the support of igbos showed highest level of insensitivity. As if he was not a Yoruba.. I pity you guys, keep bowing for Tinubu and let him be determining your faith every year.Tinubu will determine your faith in the next 24 years...guess what, the same set of people in his pipeline will be benefiting while the rest of you will be leaking his anus thinking you voted against the igbos. Agbaje is a pure Yoruba, he may have spread his campaign to get the Igbo votes, but guess what? the Yorubas in their primitive and tribalism voted against him..this is contrary to the education which they claimed to have acquired. Yoruba are slaves to Tinubu and will remain slaves!..stupid sets of people[/quote]
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by adorable29(f): 7:04am On Apr 12, 2015
Could you all just shut up! Your senseless and illogical rants is epic, I swear!

Please answer this simple basic questions.

Did the "no man's land issue start during Agbaje vs Ambode election?

Who EXACTLY STARTED the DIVISION with crude and evil statements as far as this particular election is concerned?

How exactly did Agbaje cause the division?

Was it Agbaje that ALL OF A SUDDEN without immediate provocation start wishing a section of the country death and start ranting on and on about a particular section of the country voting his handpicked candidiate or be killed?

Who exactly was therefore disrespected?

Who therefore started the tribal sentiment as far as THIS election is concerned?

Is it not the same Igbo out of respect and courtsey that went to the Oba's palace only to be told mean and evil words?

Is it not expected that naturally the Igbos will react?

Ofcourse, Agbaje is PDP and was not going to win anyway! I mean Tinubu delivered Lagos even when PDP was the stronghold talkless of now!

But that still doesn't mean as a citizen of this country, the Igbos will not vote who ever they like.!

The Igbos voted mainly for Jonathan (up to 80percent in some areas) and the Hausas voted for Buhari (up to 98percent in some areas) but that is not a crime. That doesn't also necessarily mean they will prefer pdp in Lagos because they voted personality mostly. If you ask me, most igbos living in Lagos rooted for APC as far as lagos was concerned but your Oba had to start quarrel!

My question still remains, How exactly did Agbaje start the tribal division cos all evidence points to the Oba starting it! (talking abt this election ie)

Or are you guys really this illogical?

Btw, I ain't Ibo and I don't live in Lagos! Proudly Nigerdelta!

Quote me and be thrown into the Lagoon!

Ok, its a free world. Quote me if u like.... Sips lipton!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by koladebrainiac(m): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2015
losky4real:
exactly am from Delta State and I can tell you that! And I never knew ibos claimed oil though but anyhow if you go to Niger Delta, most of them don't take Education seriously that's why they went into militancy so how do you expect such people to invest the oil well? I am proudly delta Isoko to be precised , my village has bin destroyed due to oil but I don't see anything different! I ask would we drink the oil with the kind of youths there? Enough of this crap! We need each other and the ibos don't have oil, they are hardworking , the northerners have food, the west are Educated . Try removing each group n get the outcome. We can't survive
everybody is conscious of their tribe,each want dominance. It will be too bad dictating how political environment would be run in someone else's state. God knows I love Igbos business sense and their adventurous mind. They travel far n wide. But anybody using them to score political gain should be told to sit up. That ifeayin Ubah should be put in his place and agbaje too.

The niger deltan would always do that-its because they have oil,if not,you will see them working hard. Samething with *omo-onile* in lagos. They don't work,they sit down and sell lands anyhow. Nigerians need one another-no one is independent of each other. That's why we are called nigeria. Chief Innoson will not want nigeria to disintegrate-same for all this wealthy successful igbos. Who have investment all over Lagos .and Nigeria! Let overcome hate and let move on. No tribe or culture supersede each others.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by balakbalam: 7:06am On Apr 12, 2015
NA WA OOO!!!
WHEN WILL THIS MY LAGOSIANS BUY SENSE OR IS IT THAT IS VERY EXPENSIVE?
HOW LONG WILL LAGOS BE SLAVE UNDER THIEVNUBU?
NIGERIA WAS A SLAVE UNDER PDP FOR 16YRS BUT MY FELLOW NIGERIANS HAVE PROVEN THAT THEY HAVE SENSE AND REMOVE NIGERIA FROM BEING SLAVE FOR PDP, NOW IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF THIS CHANCE ALSO REFLECT IN LAGOS, IF THEY CAN CHANCE LAGOS FOR BEING UNDER THIEVNUBU @ LEAST FOR ANY PARTY BUT WE NO GET SENSE, SO NOW THIEVNUBU WILL CONTROL LAGOS AND FEDERAL!!! OMO THIS MAN DONE HAMMER, ALL THE TRILLIONS HE HAVE THIEF FOR OVER 16 YRS NEVER DO AM, LAGOSIANS ARE VERY STUPID IF HAPPENS, HOW LONG WILL YOU ALLOW YOUR AFFAIRS TO BE HANDLED BY ONE THIEF MAYBE 2015 YRS GOD FORBID, IF YOU ACCEPT THIS ABEG GIVE ME JUST 100 LIKES!!!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Badebim(f): 7:07am On Apr 12, 2015
Sai Ambode shocked shocked shocked

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2015
sokera:
you call yorubas slaves and you cant live and prosper in your own land without coming to be parasite on the people you call slaves ... igbos are set of confuse people....
enough of the insults even ibos discriminate among themselves ! They say Delta ibos r fake ibos! In short in delta state they really segregate themselves n say they aren't ibos but agbor. Anambra will say they are the real ibos . Ha ibo people what is it? I v never heard fake Yoruba and real Yoruba before.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 12, 2015
huptin:

How many Yorubas are dominating your oil and gas industry? Compared to the number of your people making billions from Yorubaland and getting their goods from our ports?
is it for free? Are we not taxed heavily. Whether u lyk it or not,the Igbo nation feeds the lagos state government. Btw the funds do not trickle down to the poor,it ends up with one man(tinubu) he chooses to give poor yoruba folks what he desires and all the tym he shares peanuts 2 dem! Tinubu will continue showing u guys he'll. Maybe since he is the highest landlord in lagos, he might share his rent wit u when rent bills are due!lol
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by einsteino(m): 7:09am On Apr 12, 2015
sinizia:

It's vividly clear we don't love each other. Why they can't divide this country so everyone can go to their tents, is beyond me.

d way Naija is goin, a time will come wen ethnicity will reach a level dt churches wud win members by saying "our G.O is igbo/yoruba just like u"

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by greatsodade(m): 7:10am On Apr 12, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

No Igbos don't have and won't have somebody like Tinubu. Do you know why? Simple the Igbos don't like one person lording it over everybody. Go and ask Chris Uba what happened the last time he tried the Tinubu style. And for your information nobody gives a hoot about who becomes your governor, that is nobody,s business, but don't use because of the hatred you have for the Igbos, and jettison the merits of Abaje and his ability to lead Lagos. Take time and ask yourself what you and your family have gained from tinubu's hegemony and control of Lagos govt

When u said "what they have gained" as if he should be pouring money in their pocket.what have your people gained frm ur clueless governors in ur place over the years tell us. Igbo man always believe they re wise,We re not hausa ooo,if we take u up, una leg no go reach ground.In every way and I repeat in every way, yoruba is and will always be better that your witch and wizard filled Igbos...The gentleness of a lion is nt becos of fear o.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by rman: 7:10am On Apr 12, 2015
arsenalwenger:
Sharrap, who are you fooling? Yorubas cannot stand alone without federal allocations from oil money made in the Niger Delta region. Ekiti, osun, oyo, ogun and ondo are extremely poor yoruba states without free oil money.

Spare me this crap that yorubas are accomodating. Do you knw how many yorubas that work in eket, warri and port-garcourt, many in oil companies? These places are not yoruba land for christ sake. Do you knw that thousands of ND youths are unemployed because of the fact that most of the recruitment for oil company jobs are done in lagos and then transfred to the ND?
If yorubas are too accomodating why can't they suggest a referendum for secession or loose federations so that yorubas in the ND can come back to Lagos and non-yorubas can leave Lagos. And this is what yorubas cannot do because they will suffer.

Stop talking as if Lagos represents the entire south west. Aside lagos, south west is one of the poorest regions in the world. Stop talking nonsense that yorubas are accomodating, are non-yoruba nigerians leaving in Lagos foreigners?

Multinational company always select the best candidates through their recruitment process. It is never based on tribal or religious affiliation. If Yorubas are more in Oil and Gas industry, it simply means they are the best trained in terms of skills and education relevant for oil and gas. It is not as if they dashed them the positions. Maybe if Niger Deltans who already have quota system gets more relevant education and skills, we will see more of them in oil and gas industry. Mind you, they are already participating as militants and oil bunkerers.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by ifeanyi83(m): 7:11am On Apr 12, 2015
What I find most amazing is the fact that a good number of these people who make these tribal comments are not even indigenes of Lagos State. And I ask a question, what really unites us as a people? We are either divided by tribal, religious, political sentiments. And we'll pass this same garbage to our children. It's such a shame!!!
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by idia101(f): 7:11am On Apr 12, 2015
huptin:

Those ports existed ever before the name Nigeria was coined and yes they belong to us, Nigeria invested in them yes, just as Nigeria invested in the oil and gas in Niger Delta. If the oil and gas belong to the Niger Delta then the ports beling to us....shikena.

U ar 4gettn smtin?
one... ur english.... treat dat bf u cm here n talk nonsense
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by idia101(f): 7:11am On Apr 12, 2015
huptin:

Those ports existed ever before the name Nigeria was coined and yes they belong to us, Nigeria invested in them yes, just as Nigeria invested in the oil and gas in Niger Delta. If the oil and gas belong to the Niger Delta then the ports beling to us....shikena.

U ar 4gettn smtin?
one... ur english.... treat dat bf u cm here n talk nonsense

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by koladebrainiac(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2015
adorable29:
Could you all just shut up! Your senseless and illogical rants is epic, I swear!

Please answer this simple basic questions.

Did the "no man's land issue start during Agbaje vs Ambode election?

Was it Agbaje that ALL OF A SUDDEN without immediate provocation starting wishing a section of the country death and start ranting on and on about a particular section of the country voting his handpicked candidiate or be killed?

Who exactly was therefore didrespected?

Who therefore started the tribal sentiment as far as THIS election is concerned?

Is it not the same Igbo out of respect and courtsey that went to the Oba's palace only to be told mean and evil words?

Is it not expected that naturally the Igbos will react?

Ofcourse, Agbaje is PDP and was not going to win anyway! I mean Tinubu delivered Lagos even when PDP was the stronghold talkless of now!

But that still doesn't mean as a citizen of this country, the Igbos will not vote who ever they like.!

My question still remains, How exactly did Agbaje start the tribal division cos all evidence points to the Oba starting it! (talking abt this election ie)

Or are you guys really this illogical?

Quote me and be thrown into the Lagoon!

Ok, its a free world. Quote me if u like.... Sips lipton!

Ifeayin Ubah has been going about telling lagos igbos that Lagos is a no man land. He wants all igbo to vote Jimi Agbaje- and Agbaje calculated on this,he now told Ndigbo that he will elevate their lagos kinship to equal Oba of Lagos. Naturally,Oba of lagos was furios,had to call Ndigbo to for meeting since they are his friend,they should not listen to agbaje and vote Ambode which they agreed on-to further home his promises,he had to made them swear or they drown in Lagoon. So this is not actually careless from oba
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by shiffynaani(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
I'm very sure and I can say it again and again lagos is no man's land
my dear,it is not advisable to say it on this forum cos nobody will take you serious.i think if you are BOLD and SURE of yourself,you should go to Oba's palace and say it there

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by ogene007: 7:15am On Apr 12, 2015
koladebrainiac:
so if you go to South Africa as business man,and you pay taxes,because you pay your taxes,you will now start claiming Lord over the indigenes? Or because igbos are many in ghana who do good business and pay their taxes now means they can claim lordship over political environment in the land?

See,we value Igbos input in Lagos,their business sense and success are highly recognized! Samething for hausas who in sabo market scattered all over lagos. But it doesn't mean igbo should now start to getting agitated on our political issues- that naturally will trigger hate or resentment among the Yoruba- as far as west is concern,yorubas are the real owner of the land- we have obas,baale,land owners who are yoruba and they are not igbo. Igbo should recognize and respect yoruba here . That's what we are saying- saying no man land or igbo will be governor of lagos or igbo will decides the political environment of lagos can bring resentment from yoruba- Yoruba are politically wise-we know what we want when it comes to politics. We are very calculative and objective when it comes with voting- Igbo can not bring in their sentimental voting here it and spoil our vision for good governance- go to Ekiti-they know what they want-they want Fayose,even me as a yoruba does not understand why they are still clinching to Fayose- and I respect them for that. So please-nobody says you should not do your business in lagos.we all need each other that's what we call it unity-

PS- you claiming niger delta owns the oil,and feed nigeria? Yes I agreed,but what are the Niger deltans have be eating before oil boom? Who has been feeding them since?whose money used in building their pre-oil boom government institutions? Please enough pf it. We all need each other it as simple as that. Yoruba will never claim land ownership on niger delta or seeking for political relevant in their land. So dig it
Lagos is not south Africa because everyone here is first a Nigerian before being Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. Kindly get that into your bigotry infested brain.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by 2n2k(m): 7:15am On Apr 12, 2015
pure2012soul:

For Your Information, Lagos is a no man's land. It was a former FEDERAL territory so no amount of ethnic colouration can make it a yoruba enclave. I intend to vie for House of Rep's from Alimosho in 2019. There's nothing ethnic jingoists like your type can do about it. End of story. If you feel aggrieved, join us in the Atlantic ocean and stop exploding your toxic ethnic agenda on social media grin

This is sort of warped history that you people feed yourselves. Check pre-1967 map. Ikeja, Ikorodu, Epe, Agege and Badagry were all part of western region before they were excised to form Lagos State in 1967. Up to 1976, Lagos Island served as the capital of Lagos State as well as housing the seat of federal government before Murtala regime moved the state capital to Ikeja in February 1976 few weeks before his death.

Also note that the 1954 constitution only designated Lagos Island as a Federal Territoty, it does not mean Lagos Island was created by Federal Government as it was already functioning as the seat of Lagos City Council and that of FG prior to that time.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by greatsodade(m): 7:15am On Apr 12, 2015
chigo93:
is it for free? Are we not taxed heavily. Whether u lyk it or not,the Igbo nation feeds the lagos state government. Btw the funds do not trickle down to the poor,it ends up with one man(tinubu) he chooses to give poor yoruba folks what he desires and all the tym he shares peanuts 2 dem! Tinubu will continue showing u guys he'll. Maybe since he is the highest landlord in lagos, he might share his rent wit u when rent bills are due!lol

Go to ur place and make us want to come their now...Lagos has been huge even before Tinubu gained political relevance...so stop talking trash cos we knw better Mr man. Doing as If they tie una down for there.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by PenSniper: 7:16am On Apr 12, 2015
einsteino:

What are you saying? so you guys now claim ownership of the oil and gas too? i am niger deltan and its no news that we have both ethnic and political ties with igbos. What is wrong is the way everything in Nigeria is about tribe, nowadays here in delta state the indigenes are now waking up to the tribal game. it is now common place to hear that you can't work in an oil firm here simply cos u are non-indigene, how long can we go this way? someday it would be you can't vote in a place cos u r non-indegene too.

The way lagos took this agbaje/ambode thing is a very bad example for the rest of the country. You guys voted against your own son, simply because non yorubas saw the gem in him. I was pro agbaje since last year, that was before the whole ethnicity thing came in. and the reason was because i saw a technocrat not a politician but yorubas saw an igbo lover, too bad.

We have no apologies to anybody for the way we saw it in response to the way the stupid igbos responded. The Yorubas are not known to support their own if and when they err but when ingratutous elements blew the whole thing out of propotion coupled with vile claims, we were left with no choice. I would advise that people make less noise on the issue of oil because oil is not peculiar to the ND plus the fact that the country had survived without oil just as many countries in the world today survive without oil.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 12, 2015
greatsodade:

Go to ur place and make us want to come their now...Lagos has been huge even before Tinubu gained political relevance...so stop talking trash cos we knw better Mr man. Doing as If they tie una down for there.
the day the nigerian govt will give the igbos a deep sea port,the lagos state economy will crumble beyond logic.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by idia101(f): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2015
Keegan:

You are blind and stup.I'd. Igbo are enemy of progress and God shamed them and will continue to shame them forever if they fail to repent. Show me any performer in the east that supersede either Fashola or Tinubu's performance in Lagos. Shameless set of people, lukuluku lo ma gbori yin danu! In the first republic, Awolowo came out as the best in the whole of the Country for his performance in the West, while in the 2nd republic Latif Jakande was the best and in this current dispensation let igbo come out with anyone that perform better than BAT or BRF in the whole federation and many of these ingrate and their wards benefited from the good educational and health policies of the Action Group (AG), the Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) and the AD, ACN, APC headed by these political genius respectively. When our forefathers were having empires, cities and towns, igbo were in the thick forest walking naked and living a direction-less life lacked in moral and intelligible culture, practising osu with their fellow igbo even till the present day, shame! If not for colonization our paths wouldn't have crossed and you'll be in your God forsaken enclave. Igbo with their latest madness and lack in commonsense let the cat out of the bag too early, they are clearly in a deadly, dangerous and silly competition with the Yoruba. Aso o bo Omoye mo, o ti rin ihoho woja, igbo are now open enemy to the Yoruba. Ko si bi a se ma se ebolo ti ko ni rungbe.

We ar nt in a competition wit u guyz cos u ve notin 2 offer us,Infact d reverse is d case. Y didn't ur faderz let Biafran go since dey consider us less important n see hw u guyz survive wit Oly port! 2 prove 4 it. Biko comot 4 here,.... run along

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) / Was Colonialism Good For Africa? / Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.