Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia (94900 Views)

Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by simplynola(m): 8:44am On Apr 20, 2015
i first got to know of that word "Xenophobia" some years back thru this same South Africa. Its part of the word that should have been out of use in the English dictionary but South Africa keeps refreshing it.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Rapmoney(m): 8:44am On Apr 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Truth be told what took them there? After 50 years now they will say that they developed south Africa. Can't they stay in their places like others do?
Must you always exhibit your foolishness on social media?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by SenatorM(m): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2015
Nigerians better come back home,,,
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by obaty(f): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2015
see that idiot saying Nigerians are the problem, the slowpoke as failed to realise that it is laziness and jealousy that is actually their problem.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by adedayourt(m): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2015
They are on der land so wateva junk dey wana say dey got right to it.

Its a case of this is myn ous nd i no longer want ur stay, y not just leave in peace for ur own good?

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by austinesteve(m): 8:48am On Apr 20, 2015
pazienza:
South Africa's Xenophobia isnt different from Nigerians Igbophobia. So, I don't know why Nigerian hypocrites are on south Africans case.

seconded
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2015
My friend lives and works in Pretoria, she was working here in Nigeria before being transferred to HQ in SA to head the unit due to her exceptional efficiency on the job. She tells me of the horrendous ultra violent crimes that occur everyday in SA, and mind you not perpetuated by Nigerians but by black South Africans!!! Crime so horrifying that it would make the most hardened Boko Haram member shiver in fear. Nigerians are not the problem of SA nor are Kenyans, or Malawians!! black South Africans are their own problem!!! the average black SA citizen is lazy, likes easy life and believes every good thing should be provided for him / her by the government!!Nigerians excel better than the blacks there in the work place, the black SA youth like to drink, party, get high and have sex rampantly!!! Then they turn around and blame other black Africans for their problems? Their government ignored the growing gap between the rich and poor, their government created policies that kept the money in the hands of the rich minortity while ignoring the rapidly expanding poor class, and yet they turn around and blame hardworking Africans in their country?

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2015
My friend lives and works in Pretoria, she was working here in Nigeria before being transferred to HQ in SA to head the unit due to her exceptional efficiency on the job. She tells me of the horrendous ultra violent crimes that occur everyday in SA, and mind you not perpetuated by Nigerians but by black South Africans!!! Crime so horrifying that it would make the most hardened Boko Haram member shiver in fear. Nigerians are not the problem of SA nor are Kenyans, or Malawians!! black South Africans are their own problem!!! the average black SA citizen is lazy, likes easy life and believes every good thing should be provided for him / her by the government!!Nigerians excel better than the blacks there in the work place, the black SA youth like to drink, party, get high and have sex rampantly!!! Then they turn around and blame other black Africans for their problems? Their government ignored the growing gap between the rich and poor, their government created policies that kept the money in the hands of the rich minority while ignoring the rapidly expanding poor class, and yet they turn around and blame hardworking Africans in their country?

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Trailblazer1(m): 8:51am On Apr 20, 2015
Emteebee:
Truth be told, the igbos are just destroying Nigeria's image everywhere with this their so called business. They've dented nigeria's image in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and now South Africa. Before we know it now the name nigeria will be synonymous to drug round the whole world.

Prince buruji Kashamu and his role model bola Tinubu must be Igbo undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by OKNkanu(m): 8:54am On Apr 20, 2015
S.A and their worthless pride.... Football = 0, Music = -1, Movies = 0. I wonder what they are good at without the whites. All I see is hatred...& Jealousy... Well there is a lesson Nigerian politicians should learn; If our country was as equipped as theirs all dz shit wouldn't happen......
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by austinesteve(m): 8:55am On Apr 20, 2015
if Nigerians are to reason the same way this SA guys are reasoning now, what's going to happen to MTN, DSTV and SHOPRITE ...this guys are milking Nigerians dry here. should we also ask them to leave? at least so people like dangote can acquire them off.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2015
l can't believe what is happening in South Africa, and to think that these are the same people other African Nations fought for to end Apartheid and they turn around now to pay fellow Africans this way is pathetic.....Both the government and the stewpid Zulu king should be brought to book at the ICC in the Hague and charge with human right, hate speech and genocide violations, the African Union must send a strong message to the government of South Africa and l will also advise other Africans in South Africa to defend themselves.......don't sit in your house and allow this lunatics butcher you to pieces...............Nelson Mandela must be rolling in his grave to see all these atrocities .... angry angry
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by watchindelta(m): 8:56am On Apr 20, 2015
So nah Nigeria n d igbos teached dem how to rape n d killing of lucking dube n more stars there? Yeye
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:57am On Apr 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Truth be told what took them there? After 50 years now they will say that they developed south Africa. Can't they stay in their places like others do?

You northern stay in place and only depend on government to provide everything. That's why we have high rate of poverty, illiteracy and under-development inda north. Lazy bunch of pple
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by asiwajumi(m): 8:58am On Apr 20, 2015
South africans is killing foreigners they call it XENOPHOBIA, Nigerian is killing THEMself they call it BOKOHARAM .which one is Baddest?lol
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by watchindelta(m): 8:58am On Apr 20, 2015
So nah Nigeria n d igbos teached dem how to rape n d killing of lucking dube n more stars there? Yeye .....
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by 1stola: 8:59am On Apr 20, 2015
Mandela slept in prison for nothing.
These animals don't deserve freedom.
They are the real reason the whites call blacks "monkeys"
Even their stupíd president is in support of it and i don't
blame him when our own president just sits idle without
taking any measure to resolve or repatriate our citizens.
At this juncture, we shoild also be preparing to destroy
everything southafrican in Nigeria to e.g Shoprite, Mr Price,
GoTv, DSTV, MTN, STANBIC BANK E.T.C
When the time is right, i will personally avenge this.
100 modafúcking lives of South Africans to every 1
Nigerian live lost.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LastProphet: 9:00am On Apr 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

thank u jare, ibos are a very very big problem everywhere, only ibos will have a school leaver travel abroad even when he hasnt learnt about his own country halfway. go to kenya the same, go to ghana, india, china, etc. we really need to start talking face to face in public
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by donshaddow(m): 9:01am On Apr 20, 2015
soilsista:
It seems like blanket statements are used only when it suits you. The same way most of you get offended when it's said ALL Nigerians are druglords, I'm also offended by this. OP you should have said SOME South Africans! I'm South African and I don't promote xenophobia at all. Where I live, we live peacefully with everyone. It's like the rest of the continent rejoices whenever there's a crisis here in SA. I really don't get it.

Well, I do quiet agree with you..

Sorry for the generalization and I'm glad you spoke for yourself. Your voice counts.

Even Soweto, that is much prone to violence is not the same, some places are much more peaceful than the other, this was just what I was explaining to a friend last night.

We all know that South-West Nigeria is a bit more peaceful than the other region.

And some parts of south-west peaceful than the other.
Likewise South-East, North and South-South.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by sammy500: 9:05am On Apr 20, 2015
all those rubbish mob most die!!!!!! see hw they killed that innocent man....
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by 1stola: 9:05am On Apr 20, 2015
bright007:
shoro niyen?
You this jobless dumbfùck shemąle and your regular "shoro niyen"
Must you always comment?
Don't you have brains?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Toroze(m): 9:05am On Apr 20, 2015
So now it is no longer Xenophobia its also Igbophobia, to all those people spitting rubbish first of all they did not attack a single igbo person and say that they want him out of their country they said all foreigners and started focusing mainly on Nigerians and some people on this thread decides to start laying the blame on the Igbo's. We've being coming into some seriously unpleasant criticism of late which is not fair, Yes i agree that not everyone is perfect and yes in every cultural society there are bad eggs if they said they wanted to remove all the bad eggs and after investigaion they turned out to be Igbo's i wouldn't have a problem but that does not give you the right to go about saying that the Igbos are the cause of the problem most of us dont have issues just like any other cultural tribe, we should instead come together as one and fight the menace that threatening our fellow Nigerians in Diaspora "Xenophobia" but noooo at the first sign of a problem lets put the blame at the feet of the Igbos after all we all know that when something goes wrong it is "the Igbo's" meanwhile they tend to forget that we also have people who are shining stars for this country both home and abroad in every aspect of life. So please before you open your mouth to say that Igbo's are the cause remember that the world is not going to remember him as an Igbo man they will remember him as a Nigerian and that Stigma will also follow you, Why? because you bear the same Nationality a "Nigerian" #mytwocents

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LastProphet: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2015
lestat:
My friend lives and works in Pretoria, she was working here in Nigeria before being transferred to HQ in SA to head the unit due to her exceptional efficiency on the job. She tells me of the horrendous ultra violent crimes that occur everyday in SA, and mind you not perpetuated by Nigerians but by black South Africans!!! Crime so horrifying that it would make the most hardened Boko Haram member shiver in fear. Nigerians are not the problem of SA nor are Kenyans, or Malawians!! black South Africans are their own problem!!! the average black SA citizen is lazy, likes easy life and believes every good thing should be provided for him / her by the government!!Nigerians excel better than the blacks there in the work place, the black SA youth like to drink, party, get high and have sex rampantly!!! Then they turn around and blame other black Africans for their problems? Their government ignored the growing gap between the rich and poor, their government created policies that kept the money in the hands of the rich minortity while ignoring the rapidly expanding poor class, and yet they turn around and blame hardworking Africans in their country?

u are partly right but if ur friend lived in joburg she will see the evil also perpetrated by nigerians. my brother the simple issue is that what are u doing in another man's house? must u always seek livelihood abroad? Must u?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by timothy2396(m): 9:07am On Apr 20, 2015
its pay back time ooo... I remember when Nigeria drove Ghana out of their country saying Ghana must go.... Now its our turn to come back to our Naija so GOD is just judgin us but y must this happen durin the regime of GEJ?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by raydavinchi: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2015
With my right hand on my big bold black chest, am proud to be a Nigerian and will fight to defend my country. All this xenophobic ish is All but jealousy. NIGERIANS are God in every thing we decide to do and what ever we lay our hand on is perfect. South Africans can never be like us and will never be better. We are the big brother to all other African countries despite our short comings. But I think it's high time we stood our grounds and say no to oppression where ever we may be in any part of the world. Say no to racism, no to segregation, no to discrimination. It time our system starts working for our Good and not for their pockets. How long shall we continue to suffer in the hands our government and when we go in search of greener pastures, we get bullied by other foreign nations. It is only in my country (Nigeria) that any dick and Harry come in illegally, misbehave to us, build missions and no body asks questions, kill a brother go squat free, due to lack of unemployment they turn us to slaves and turn our girls to slots and in their own countries, they drive us around like flies and kill our fellow brothers like chicken are been slaughtered every day. It's High time we put an end to this. Am Strong, Black and Bold I am a Nigerian, am an African and I stand to defend my family Nigeria.
say NO to xenophobia, say NO to Discrimination.

2 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 20, 2015
What the south Africans are doing is highly condemnable, but if we do half of what they're doing to all those "so called"expatriates who have taken all the good job positions in big firms and organisations in nigeria,leaving the odd jobs of cleaning and factory jobs for our locals. If you don't have a Harvard degree qualifications,you won't get good jobs in Nigeria;what have we done? That's why at the slightest opportunity,these s/a and ghanians call us cowards and hypocrites because we fail to stand up for our rights. I started my own business out of anger and spite when a foreigner was employed over me at a firm in Victoria island,not that I was not qualified o. It was very rough for me when I started,but today I'm grateful my business is thriving with about 15 people working with me. If we have half of the courage s/a have to take our destiny in our hands,our country be a better place.I was a teenager during the June 12 protest years ago,I went on the streets with fellow nigerians,but now I don't know.. What these people are doing is a slap on our face as Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by bright007(f): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2015
1stola:

You this jobless dumbfùck shemąle and your regular "shoro niyen"
Must you always comment?
Don't you have brains?

ignores another nitwit

2 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by tiswell(m): 9:27am On Apr 20, 2015
Emteebee:
Truth be told, the igbos are just destroying Nigeria's image everywhere with this their so called business. They've dented nigeria's image in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and now South Africa. Before we know it now the name nigeria will be synonymous to drug round the whole world.
Foolish boy!

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Etizz: 9:29am On Apr 20, 2015
First of all I don't like their so called country, Secondly, I don't like their tribe neither do I like their food and most of all I don't like their women..... What else will I be doing there...... Nigerians u guys should pack your bags n leave dat place for your own good especially d children..... I pray they hear me.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Setaje(f): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2015
Bifwoli:

Truth be told,without Igbos ,their expertise,their academic prowess and their business acumen,Nigeria would be nowhere....it'd be a basketcase just like Chad or Niger.

Long live Igbo nation.

You people have started again. So other ethnic groups just sit down and look. Tsheeeeeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Meet Putin The Russian President, His Wife And Daughters / Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Russian Warship 'aggressively Approached' US Destroyer In Arabian Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.