Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia (94926 Views)

Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Mmayor(m): 9:31am On Apr 20, 2015
Emteebee:
Truth be told, the igbos are just destroying Nigeria's image everywhere with this their so called business. They've dented nigeria's image in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and now South Africa. Before we know it now the name nigeria will be synonymous to drug round the whole world.

Igbo this, Igbo that! can you just stop already?? The biggest drug cartels in Nigeria are run by non-igbos, abi na igbo man make naija enter terror watch list? we have criminals from every tribe in naija. abi na igbo men dey kidnap people for north and southwest too?Make we hear word joor

3 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by soilsista(f): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
donshaddow:

Well, I do quiet agree with you..

Sorry for the generalization and I'm glad you spoke for yourself. Your voice counts.

Even Soweto, that is much prone to violence is not the same, some places are much more peaceful than the other, this was just what I was explaining to a friend last night.

We all know that South-West Nigeria is a bit more peaceful than the other region.

And some parts of south-west peaceful than the other.
Likewise South-East, North and South-South.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Thank you very much for understanding, and you're welcome. It actually saddens me more than anything.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Raalsalghul: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2015
Emteebee:
Truth be told, the igbos are just destroying Nigeria's image everywhere with this their so called business. They've dented nigeria's image in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and now South Africa. Before we know it now the name nigeria will be synonymous to drug round the whole world.
You are big fool for making that statement. Idiot, troglodyde, dumbfucktard. If Nairaland wants to ban me, they are free. Imagine such a statement vested in fallacy. It's not your fault. We keep hating on SA because of Xenophobia, when we Nigerians are in my own words“ Tribophobic". Are Igbos the only Nigerian tribe abroad. Senseless he-goat!

3 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by soilsista(f): 9:34am On Apr 20, 2015
sammy500:
ur ppl are just wicked fr no reason... its nt lky Nigeria waged a war or smtn dey just started killing fr no reason.... as am typing am at oshodi wan very big hospital called clinix nd deres a SA woman on a Wheelchair sitting close to me.... nd she is been treated by Nigerian doctors ooo.. give me one reason Nigerians shouldn't blaze her with molotov
Another generalization! Yhoooooo the waaaaay I hate that phrase 'you people'!! Keep hating, it doesn't take anything away from me.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Raalsalghul: 9:35am On Apr 20, 2015
pazienza:

See one of the Igbophobic aturus I was just talking about.

The Igbo man is responsible for all his woes, just as the foreigners are responsible for all the woes of the xenophobic south Africans.

Kanu Nwankwor, Jay jay Okocha, Chinua Achebe, Adichie Chimamanda, Chioma Ajunwa, Dora Akunyili, Okonjo Iweala, Stephen Keshi. These are international stars that have brought pride to Nigeria, and they are all Igbos.
Don't mind the guy. He is retarded.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by osystein(m): 9:35am On Apr 20, 2015
raydavinchi:
With my right hand on my big bold black chest, am proud to be a Nigerian and will fight to defend my country. All this xenophobic ish is All but jealousy. NIGERIANS are God in every thing we decide to do and what ever we lay our hand on is perfect. South Africans can never be like us and will never be better. We are the big brother to all other African countries despite our short comings. But I think it's high time we stood our grounds and say no to oppression where ever we may be in any part of the world. Say no to racism, no to segregation, no to discrimination. It time our system starts working for our Good and not for their pockets. How long shall we continue to suffer in the hands our government and when we go in search of greener pastures, we get bullied by other foreign nations. It is only in my country (Nigeria) that any dick and Harry come in illegally, misbehave to us, build missions and no body asks questions, kill a brother go squat free, due to lack of unemployment they turn us to slaves and turn our girls to slots and in their own countries, they drive us around like flies and kill our fellow brothers like chicken are been slaughtered every day. It's High time we put an end to this. Am Strong, Black and Bold I am a Nigerian, am an African and I stand to defend my family Nigeria.
say NO to xenophobia, say NO to Discrimination.

+100

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 20, 2015
Trailblazer1:
imagine the bile and hatred they are spewing
Well, Nigerians should leave their country and come back home.
Some may not want to come back home since the Oba of Zulu will still refer to them as foreigners or use the term "immigrant Refugees" in their motherland.

Weeping for Nigeria cry cry cry

Nigeria and hypocrisy are like a hand and a glove. Imagine if one would copy all the sick insults directed to SAns on this forum and paste on an SA forum, they way this op has done? SA would burn this night. Why are you people such narcissists? Why do you say horrible things about others but find it to be a grave offence when others say same about you?

By the way, if all South Africans are Xenophobes, then all Nigerians are terrorists. Its only fair to conclude that way. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by bravesoul247(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2015
Emteebee:
I swear down, u are thinking with ur shit hole... What brought about d igbos in this xenophobic act now? Everytime thses yorubas will just find a way to paint us black, abi na only igbo dey southy ni? Even they Malaysia u talk about, I know yorubas are much there.. U just open dat shithole u call a mouth and spit nonsense...
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Xano(m): 9:42am On Apr 20, 2015
Op, you are giving audience to fools. Are you one?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Xano(m): 9:44am On Apr 20, 2015
FKO1:
..... Southies are sick I swear

Lalasticlala

Op, you are giving audience to fools. Are you one?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PerfectFortune: 9:44am On Apr 20, 2015
pazienza:
South Africa's Xenophobia isnt different from Nigerians Igbophobia. So, I don't know why Nigerian hypocrites are on south Africans case.

How many Igbos have been killed for staying anywhere in Nigeria except for the ones killed by BHaram which is random (not single out)?

There's nothing like "Igbophobia" in Nig we only have a few ill mannered Igbos in Nig who rant about taking over some lands wch obviously does not belong to them and never have they (Igbos) been killed for even doing that.

Stop spreading falsehood, we are not barbaric...
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by donshaddow(m): 9:45am On Apr 20, 2015
soilsista:

Thank you very much for understanding, and you're welcome. It actually saddens me more than anything.

Yes I do know.

The human heart is frail..

Lending your voice against such a barbaric act saves so many lives and also portrays that a voice could make a different.

As you and I know, 80% of foreigners are self-employed.

Now tell me, where is the jobs that are stolen!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 20, 2015
BluIvy:

Nigeria and hypocrisy are like a hand and a glove. Imagine if one would copy all the sick insults directed to SAns on this forum and paste on an SA forum, they way this op has done? SA would burn this night. Why are you people such narcissists? Why do you say horrible things about others but find it to be a grave offence when others say same about you?

By the way, if all South Africans are Xenophobes, then all Nigerians are terrorists. Its only fair to conclude that way. angry
terrorism is a global problem, xenophobia is unique to south africans

2 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by martineverest(m): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2015
Dats cruel and unprofessional,bro
mulattoclaro:
My fellow Nigerians from the North, from the South, from the East and from the West living in South African and other Africans in general. The time has come for you guys to unite and do to the zulus what the Israelis did to the Palestinians. Fight back, kill them and dominate their lands. Kill as many zulus as you can. South Africa is yours for the taking.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by lilcutie8916(m): 9:54am On Apr 20, 2015
Does anybody remember Ghana must go

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by mulattoclaro(m): 9:56am On Apr 20, 2015
martineverest:
Dats cruel and unprofessional,bro
what about them that think they have the monopoly of killing? An eye for an eye makes the world go blind but it creates a balance.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by achi4u(m): 9:57am On Apr 20, 2015
At this age and time people are still killing each other every now and then... Rwandan genocide comes to mind.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by ooshinibos: 9:58am On Apr 20, 2015
soilsista:
It seems like blanket statements are used only when it suits you. The same way most of you get offended when it's said ALL Nigerians are druglords, I'm also offended by this. OP you should have said SOME South Africans! I'm South African and I don't promote xenophobia at all. Where I live, we live peacefully with everyone. It's like the rest of the continent rejoices whenever there's a crisis here in SA. I really don't get it.
you really don't get because you are turning a blind eye to your people hatred , please call ur people to order , its looking like apartheid is better than xenophobia ..I regret fighting for apartheid ..we also knew when Mandela died these evil hatred disease in SA will rise , I really don't understand why people migrate to SA .. apartheid produce xenophobia and vice versa , the victims became worse than the abuser , its always the case
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 20, 2015
iterator24:
terrorism is a global problem, xenophobia is unique to south africans

No Xenophobia is not unique or exclusive to SA, NIGERIA started it. You ran on the other thread so I will bring the post to you.

[quote author=iterator24 post=32887816][/quote]

You may now term it whatever suits you but the fundamental issues of poverty and dwindling economic resource are the same.

Here is what New York times wrote about the event:

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/05/world/expelled-foreigners-pouring-out-of-nigeria-by-the-associated-press.html

[size=18] Reporters at the western border with Benin today said Nigerian customs officials were searching the departing foreigners closely and refusing to let tiem carry out more than the 20 naira, or $17.65, allowed by law. They also said bus drivers were doing a brisk business charging twice the normal fare to carry passengers across the border.[/size]

The illegal immigrants were among the millions of West Africans, mostly from Ghana, who flooded into Nigeria in hopes of benefiting from the country's oil-based economy. But world demand for oil has waned and the price has dropped, sending Nigeria into a steep economic decline and swelling its foreign debt.

[size=18pt]In January 1983, the civilian Government of President Shehu Shagari ordered out about two million foreigners, blaming them for widespread unemployment and crime. Roads to the border were clogged with people carrying personal belongings [/size]

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 20, 2015
Mumu people,i just dey pity their economy,cos the way companies go pack up ehn.make we dey watch.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by smartprodigy: 10:03am On Apr 20, 2015
liljboy:
are igbos the only pple there? stop ranting joor...
don't mind him...
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Bifwoli: 10:04am On Apr 20, 2015
Setaje:

You people have started again. So other ethnic groups just sit down and look. Tsheeeeeeeew

The anointed tribe should be allowed to take charge of weighty Nigerian affairs.Watch as Igbos turn Nigeria into another Singapore.

Children should sit down and watch.

Long live blessed Igbo nation.

2 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by coolsegun2002: 10:04am On Apr 20, 2015
Am I the only one that has heard somthin like this b4...truly..karma exist...#ghana must go

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Bibol(f): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2015
All I see is hate embedded in terrible grammar
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by marymaria(f): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2015
does anyone know their own Nairaland or Lindaikeji so that we can cyber-war them for real

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by donshaddow(m): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2015
lestat:
My friend lives and works in Pretoria, she was working here in Nigeria before being transferred to HQ in SA to head the unit due to her exceptional efficiency on the job. She tells me of the horrendous ultra violent crimes that occur everyday in SA, and mind you not perpetuated by Nigerians but by black South Africans!!! Crime so horrifying that it would make the most hardened Boko Haram member shiver in fear. Nigerians are not the problem of SA nor are Kenyans, or Malawians!! black South Africans are their own problem!!! the average black SA citizen is lazy, likes easy life and believes every good thing should be provided for him / her by the government!!Nigerians excel better than the blacks there in the work place, the black SA youth like to drink, party, get high and have sex rampantly!!! Then they turn around and blame other black Africans for their problems? Their government ignored the growing gap between the rich and poor, their government created policies that kept the money in the hands of the rich minortity while ignoring the rapidly expanding poor class, and yet they turn around and blame hardworking Africans in their country?

Your friend explained it to you the way it is.

And I love the word "average". That is referring to 6 of every 10 South African males...

The females are much more productive and hard working in terms of the above ratio.

Their workforce has more females the male likewise their educational institutions.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by kraftykc(m): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Truth be told what took them there? After 50 years now they will say that they developed south Africa. Can't they stay in their places like others do?

Dude...lol, Igbo don fvck craze comot ur sista daz why you dey beef us nah.

KONTINU, cos we shall continue too.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by martineverest(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2015
Dats not proper....i dont encourage violence ,but shutting down s/africans enterprises in nigeria remaind d best way to retaliate
mulattoclaro:
what about them that think they have the monopoly of killing? An eye for an eye makes the world go blind but it creates a balance.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 20, 2015
soilsista:
It seems like blanket statements are used only when it suits you. The same way most of you get offended when it's said ALL Nigerians are druglords, I'm also offended by this. OP you should have said SOME South Africans! I'm South African and I don't promote xenophobia at all. Where I live, we live peacefully with everyone. It's like the rest of the continent rejoices whenever there's a crisis here in SA. I really don't get it.

Apologies, on behalf of my ignorant countrymen. cry

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by yemmynoni: 10:09am On Apr 20, 2015
Xenophobia as i'v read is the fear of foreigners.
Den i cum 2 think of it..why are d southafricans
not killing d americans living dere..dis made me
conclude dat xenophobia s nt d right word but
XENONEGROPHOBIA..
Adie tin je ifun arawon..
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by dapsonlou(m): 10:10am On Apr 20, 2015
woodcook:
Based on your ascertion it could also had been that in the past having an Igbo name gives you a good standing and other tribes/black starting changing their names to Igbo names. After abusing the previlage that comes with that,people now adopt other names. For real I know a lot of Northerns that used Igbo names to join NA likewise other tribe. Just saying crime has nothing to do with ethnicity.

But the one in China has to the with Crime, but can't speak for other places.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by 49cents(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2015
Emteebee:

Will you shut up that your stinking mouth!!!!!!

What makes you different from the xenophobes

You are full of shit and hate

I am a proud igbo man and I have no criminal record; anybody who does crime should face the music..........so it ithe igbos that carry drugs and the yahoo yahoo? You are such am ediot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Meet Putin The Russian President, His Wife And Daughters / Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Russian Warship 'aggressively Approached' US Destroyer In Arabian Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.