Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? (28287 Views)

VIDEO: Secondary School Students Caught Doing It Right In The Class / What Name Did You Save Your Partner's Contact With? / Is It Right To Give A Lady Money After A Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by chrischuks2(m): 10:14am On Apr 22, 2015
cry cry cry No it isn't right . Although I'm paranoiac. I have done that before, promise myself never to do so again. From my experience its better you let things be. You will end up destroying your relationship, because you might not be able to live with your findings.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 22, 2015
sinaj:

smh embarassed
baby, wahrapen
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 22, 2015
Orijin101:

na twaci ooo cry
eeyah sad
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by bouquiy(f): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2015
it's wrong, indulging in it is a sign of insecurity and lack of trust towards one's partner
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by danbrowndmf(m): 10:54am On Apr 22, 2015
Twaci
:
The topic says it all, do u think it is right to monitor
your partner?

By monitor, I mean; always checking his/her phone, making sure you know
ALL of his/her friends, always noting every activity carried out by
him/her on all their social sites (e.g Nairaland, facebook, twitter,
IG...), and so on.

I have my opinion on this but need to hear yours. Let's talk.

Good morning.
tell me ur own opinion.do u monitor ur bf like dat?.sad
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Twaci(f): 10:58am On Apr 22, 2015
danbrowndmf:
tell me ur own opinion.do u monitor ur bf like dat?.sad
I can't lie...I do get tempted...
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by danbrowndmf(m): 11:04am On Apr 22, 2015
Twaci:
I can't lie...I do get tempted...
The reason i dnt do luv stuff for now.

Student like ous should nt be daten,bcus if u try ask question,the bea will be like "can you take care of my needs"
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by sinaj(f): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
Orijin101:

baby, wahrapen

norin rapen undecided
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by kinglekan: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

You got me wrong. I really was corroborating what you implied. A female can't beat me at my game. cheesy

Hunger can make one read things in reverse. Just re-read it.

grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by kinglekan: 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
naijaboiy:

[b]It may not necessarily be checking the phones,,messages and all other means of communication.

But asking questions if you are in doubt of something to be clear. I wouldn't want to see what i'm suspicious of and keep quiet just because I don't want to come off as insecure.

That's pretence to me.

In a normal healthy relationship,,partners are not supposed to hide anything in the first place. They shouldn't act in a way that their other partner will be suspicious.

Trust me,,if your partner doesn't act in a shady way you will not have the need to be suspicious and start snooping around. Yes,,it may turn out that whatever she/he is hiding from you may not be what you think it is but it's better to know about it.

I don't see asking questions and checking of messages as infringing of personal rights in a relationship.

If you don't want anybody to bother you and start asking you questions or checking your phone,,then simply stay single.

Albeit,,everything is required in its moderate level and not too overdone. As that is when there will be a big problem leading to trust issues and insecurity.
[/b]

Well said bruv!!

You second para says it all quite simply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by ofpeaceandroyal: 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
If you ever feel like you have the need to snoop, then you should. Trust is a very important thing - and so is intuition. I wouldn't snoop if I felt I had no reason to. If I did feel like something was up - I would snoop. by snooping you can save yourself from an even nastier situation. If you have the relationship that "all things are open" and there's no reason not to trust each other, its good for the both of you.

Anyone who doesnt have something to hide wont accuse the partner of monitoring, the would see it as a part of care and watching over them. Your monitoring sometimes doesnt have to do with insecurities, there is always a side of your partner that you never know or which they reveal better to other people, and sometimes from there you can correct their mistakes or advise them rightfully on some things they are up to.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by naijaboiy: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
ofpeaceandroyal:
If you ever feel like you have the need to snoop, then you should. Trust is a very important thing - and so is intuition. I wouldn't snoop if I felt I had no reason to. If I did feel like something was up - I would snoop. by snooping you can save yourself from an even nastier situation. If you have the relationship that "all things are open" and there's no reason not to trust each other, its good for the both of you.

Anyone who doesnt have something to hide wont accuse the partner of monitoring, the would see it as a part of care and watching over them. Your monitoring sometimes doesnt have to do with insecurities, there is always a side of your partner that you never know or which they reveal better to other people, and sometimes from there you can correct their mistakes or advise them rightfully on some things they are up to.
Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Deejavuu(f): 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I do not monitor...not consciously anyway. If you leave trails like interacting intimately with a guy on your FACEBOOK TIMELINE and it appears on my wall, how am I suppose not to be cognizant of it?

I guess I am wired differently - NO ACTION BY A MALE WOULD MAKE FLABBERGASTED. When she starts turning coat, I'll notice...but I'll act oblivious while I reduce what we have to something lower - friends with benefit. By time you realize I was already in the know of your shady dealings, you'll realize I was the one really using you

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by WackyJ1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
I use to do this once, I checked and I saw evidences that broke my heart. I then tried to correct and all that but then she cried for her "privacy".

I wasn't wrong, my only mistake was letting her know what I had found.

Snooping is not a matter of insecurities, mistrust and bla bla bla.
Most times these girls are not to be trusted, they almost always get up to some mischief. They hide it so well that the only way to find out is to see a slip up somewhere in an inbox, whatsapp or BBM.

Checking her messages is not to be done all the time because it results in needless headache.
But it needs to be done once in a while so that you do not get fooled into thinking that you're a relationship of commitment and trust when the girl is playing pranks behind you.

When you check and you find something suspicious and not right, it's not the time to correct, it is the time to reassess. It's not the time to start preaching sermon to the girl but the time to know that that countdown to the end of the relationship is at hand.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by fajani(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
Nothing is bad.... I am not afraid of the storm cos I am learning how to sail my ship
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
MONITORING YOUR PARTNER SOLVES NOTHING RATHER IT IS A RECIPE FOR HBP TO THE SELF EMPLOYED MONITORER.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by kindnyce(m): 9:54pm On May 01, 2015
ITS ALRIGHT,TO KEEP AN EYE ON HER..

BUT TO SPY ON HER,,MEN THATS SOMETHING ELSE

BETTER GET HER TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER

LEARN TO TRUST AND APPRECIATE EACH OTHER
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 01, 2015
It's the insecure babes that monitors their men even to the toilet.!

A lady who knows her place in the life of her man won't waste her time on things like that because she knows that no matter how many side chick's her man has, he will always come back to her.

#justsayingmymind#
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Truckpusher(m): 9:55pm On May 01, 2015
Twaci:
The topic says it all, do u think it is right to monitor your partner?

By monitor, I mean; always checking his/her phone, making sure you know ALL of his/her friends, always noting every activity carried out by him/her on all their social sites (e.g Nairaland, facebook, twitter, IG...), and so on.

I have my opinion on this but need to hear yours. Let's talk.

Good morning.
Only jobless people do that.

If you think she's cheating on you , you simply create the environment for her to cheat and catch her red handed. wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 01, 2015
just don't get caught... or else that might be the end of the relationship.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Jcob(m): 9:58pm On May 01, 2015
Rokiatu!!!
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Ekugbeh(m): 9:58pm On May 01, 2015
I hate tho
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:58pm On May 01, 2015
YES and NO
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Ekugbeh(m): 9:58pm On May 01, 2015
I hate it tho
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by austinesteve(m): 9:58pm On May 01, 2015
monitoring spirit abi?....***in PEJ's voice*** "continue until u see wat ur not suppose to see"....give ur partner space, i feel love should be built on trust and tolerance. instead of monitoring him or her like monitoring lizard.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by hardbody: 10:00pm On May 01, 2015
What the eye does not see the heart does not grieve over. Surpress the urge to know and you will live happy and longer.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 01, 2015
naijaboiy:
There is no rule that states whether it's wrong or right.

Sometimes it's just for the good of the relationship not to bother yourself with somethings that will cause damage to it.

But sometimes curiosity may get the better part of us and we'll see ourselves checking his/her phone and messages.

[size=20pt]I believe in periodic checking and asking of questions though.

Don't just stay there and be left oblivious of what is going on. It may be very devastating when you finally find out.[/size]

Trust me. smiley

Exactly!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by fajani(m): 10:02pm On May 01, 2015
you know nothing..... it is right mehn,
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by chi4ik4(m): 10:03pm On May 01, 2015
it's very good to monitor your partner o because if u don't hold what u have very tight, another person will carry it. but monitor with maturity not like a kid. I monitor my babe rigidly & it's been helping me in my relationship because if u give ur babe free hand, she can even date 5 guys at the same time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by charlsecy(m): 10:04pm On May 01, 2015
What if they infect you because you didn't monitor them and therefore didn't take the necessary precautions?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 01, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I do not monitor...not consciously anyway. If you leave trails like interacting intimately with a guy on your FACEBOOK TIMELINE and it appears on my wall, how am I suppose not to be cognizant of it?

I guess I am wired differently - NO ACTION BY A FEMALE WOULD MAKE FLABBERGASTED. When she starts turning coat, I'll notice...but I'll act oblivious while I reduce what we have to something lower - friends with benefit. By time you realize I was already in the know of your shady dealings, you'll realize I was the one really using you

You ma nigga cool
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by naijaboiy: 10:05pm On May 01, 2015
AgapeCharis:

Exactly!!
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Budget Friendly Things To Get For Your Partner This Valentine's Day / How To Catch A Cheating Girlfirend Using Whatsapp Web. / A Nairalander Quits Bachelorhood With Lovely Prewedding Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.