Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (800856 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2021
Ok how do I send a dm? Teach me please.

ifeoluwadayofun:
My brother, I have also sent you DM.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2021
[quote author=Akannitommy post=106732257]Hi Reseptie,

Thanks for asking. I was trying to stay under the radar until is done ni o!! Anyways, since you asked directly, I can't avoid the question any longer.

About a week ago, we got PPR for my two older kids who applied for study permits. We are still waiting to hear from them on my wife's open work permit and our 2 year old's visit visa. I sent webform already and emails while also following up with MP's office. E no easy but we are keeping hope alive. It shall all end in praises.

NB: if anyone has tips on how to get them to respond quickly please advise. If you also have had to go through this sort of experience before please help shed some light on why the delay/different timelines for applications submitted together. We are holding on, on sending the PP though for a bit longer because of the double logistics it would result in when we get the other PPR but there is also a limit (30-days) to sending PP.

So that is our current status and dilemma.

[/quote

To all of us patiently waiting
I peay they respond soon

I received my GCMS notes yesterday after submitting application in December 11, 2020....they have only done criminality check and info sharing, eligibility has not started and it looks as if a phisical visa officer has not even access it at, all i see is movement of file to different visa office,..i think at this point its beyond serious....it to organize corporate prayers o..... because in as much as we are losing sleep...and unhappy i don't think God is Happy with all this so is tine to call upon the one who is able to solve it as a body o

I couldn't hold my tears ...all this canny stress is because of the children and presently they are almost beyond the age where they can be called dependent

God please arise oooo

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
Can one apply for study visa while SOWP is still pending? Cos as e dey be so, na to find admission o since they respond faster to that application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
Also, I applied for GCMS notes since 19th August but nothing yet till date. I sent email to follow up, same thing. Anyone in similar situation?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by UnyimeOcean: 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2021
Akannitommy:
Also, I applied for GCMS notes since 19th August but nothing yet till date. I sent email to follow up, same thing. Anyone in similar situation?

Everything about IRCC Nairobi is a joke now. They just don’t care. I applied for job specific work permit since March 1st 2021 till date nothing. I, my employer (a university) and the MP have been sending IRCC mails and calls yet no real response. I ordered GCMS note since September 1st yet IRCC refused releasing my details. Their usual mantra is Be Patient.

Probably there is something they are not telling us.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by UnyimeOcean: 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
A big joke here

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2021
It is well.
I applied in April 2021 and I have done biometrics on same April. My spouse told me that they did a blind update and that was the last.

Please what’s the meaning of blind update?

hazzaman:
Got same response after applying for exemption. Though mine is a visit visa.

I submitted another application afterwards.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2021
hmm thats weird i used getgcms on the 24th of August and got my gcms note on the 24th of September ooo.

Akannitommy:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2021
I applied directly on the ATIP website and even paid $5 since am not the visa applicant. When I applied for my own notes in January upon landing, I got it within 30-days and didn't pay anything for it. So you are correct about how weird this is...

sam4774:
hmm thats weird i used getgcms on the 24th of August and got my gcms note on the 24th of September ooo.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
UnyimeOcean:
A big joke here

Joke or mockery of the process

But it was so accurate post covid sha
My first application was just 13weeks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 1:48am On Oct 15, 2021
Lianna pls my kids are 6 years and 4 years, i applied for visitors visa for them while moine is SOWP. do they need to do medicals? sp that we can just all travel at once

Lianna2020:
Please you are not suppose to wait for biometrics request .

Book for your biometrics using below link.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment:::::

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 5:04am On Oct 15, 2021
GO AND DO MEDICALS FOR BOTH THEM ASAP

See how I responded in uppercase and then even emphasized the alacrity grin grin with which you must do it! I made the same mistake of not doing medical for my 2 year old son who applied for visitor while the older ones who applied for study permit did. IRCC requested medical for my son 4 months later we now did it. Better you do it upfront or add via webform if you already submitted. BTW, am not sure why you are applying for visitor visas for the kids when they are eligible for the faster route of study permit if one of their parents is a bona-fide study permit holder.

Cynk:
Lianna pls my kids are 6 years and 4 years, i applied for visitors visa for them while moine is SOWP. do they need to do medicals? sp that we can just all travel at once

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 8:27am On Oct 15, 2021
Akannitommy:

@Akannitommy pls what was the processing time when you applied for your family? I submitted my application May 21st 2021.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Reseptie: 9:49am On Oct 15, 2021
@ Akannitommy Awwwwwwwwwww,a big congratulations!!! so good to hear this good news and in no time God will perfect it all.

But it wouldn't cost the processing officer anything to approve it all at once abi, the wait would soon be over and i agree it is not easy at all

Well, all i do from here is raise webforms ,send emails to follow up on mine and my son's application and it is usually the generic automated responses and i don tire to dey send them emails and webforms. I applied on the 1st of June so fingers are still crossed and keeping the faith alive.

I requested for GCMS too since August and no show yet maybe they will respond today cause what God cannot do does not exist.

Na to always put IRCC in fire prayers cause, God the wait is heart breaking.

It will end in praise very very soon and congrats again on your children's approval God will finish it this month in Jesus name

My regards,

Akannitommy:
Hi Reseptie,

Thanks for asking. I was trying to stay under the radar until is done ni o!! Anyways, since you asked directly, I can't avoid the question any longer.

About a week ago, we got PPR for my two older kids who applied for study permits. We are still waiting to hear from them on my wife's open work permit and our 2 year old's visit visa. I sent webform already and emails while also following up with MP's office. E no easy but we are keeping hope alive. It shall all end in praises.

NB: if anyone has tips on how to get them to respond quickly please advise. If you also have had to go through this sort of experience before please help shed some light on why the delay/different timelines for applications submitted together. We are holding on, on sending the PP though for a bit longer because of the double logistics it would result in when we get the other PPR but there is also a limit (30-days) to sending PP.

So that is our current status and dilemma.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
Book for Medicals ASAP oo.

Slot are getting filled up.

My six month old did medicals and yes they need Medicals.
Cynk:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lol, the bolded was needed o.
Akannitommy:
GO AND DO MEDICALS FOR BOTH THEM ASAP

See how I responded in uppercase and then even emphasized the alacrity grin grin with which you must do it! I made the same mistake of not doing medical for my 2 year old son who applied for visitor while the older ones who applied for study permit did. IRCC requested medical for my son 4 months later we now did it. Better you do it upfront or add via webform if you already submitted. BTW, am not sure why you are applying for visitor visas for the kids when they are eligible for the faster route of study permit if one of their parents is a bona-fide study permit holder.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
We submitted 15th May 2021 -- see one of my older posts that provided an (in)complete timeline of sort.

Marh:

@Akannitommy pls what was the processing time when you applied for your family? I submitted my application May 21st 2021.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
Amen and thanks.

Reseptie:
@ Akannitommy Awwwwwwwwwww,a big congratulations!!! so good to hear this good news and in no time God will perfect it all.

But it wouldn't cost the processing officer anything to approve it all at once abi, the wait would soon be over and i agree it is not easy at all

Well, all i do from here is raise webforms ,send emails to follow up on mine and my son's application and it is usually the generic automated responses and i don tire to dey send them emails and webforms. I applied on the 1st of June so fingers are still crossed and keeping the faith alive.

I requested for GCMS too since August and no show yet maybe they will respond today cause what God cannot do does not exist.

Na to always put IRCC in fire prayers cause, God the wait is heart breaking.

It will end in praise very very soon and congrats again on your children's approval God will finish it this month in Jesus name

My regards,

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aykanbi: 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2021
Pls I applied for open work permit. My two kids are American citizens do I have to apply for them too . Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
I got this mail in reply to the one I sent them last month. Can anyone help understand what they mean here?

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from the Canadian Travel Restrictions

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will contact you when a final decision is made or if more information is required.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process applications as soon as possible. However, if your situation has changed and you need to update your application, please fill out the IRCC Web form. Please refrain from sending multiple status update requests as this will negatively affect processing time.

Also kindly note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised that your application has been approved.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada TM26439
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
Thank u sooo much. I will do so asap

quote author=Akannitommy post=106746861]GO AND DO MEDICALS FOR BOTH THEM ASAP

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by funola: 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
Please can someone help me with a template of spousal open work permit. thanks..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 12:32am On Oct 16, 2021
Hi,

Earlier in the year I remember speaking to someone who brought her US citizen kids with her and they got study permits (or landing records --- not sure again) at the POE. I have a US citizen child too but was confused so I asked the immigration lawyer/expert attached to my university international student office for advice. She said my child needs a study permit as long as she is not a Canadian citizen and told me to add them to the SOWP application package which I did. As noted earlier we already got PPR for this child along her sibling who is Nigerian born. But note that we used her Nigerian passport in the application but also added copies of the US passport and birth certificate in the application.

I can only comment on what I have gone through and to a lower extent what I have heard from those went through such. Even when I knew the child could travel with her US passport, I still went ahead to apply for study permit. I am not advising you to chose any of these options but to provide information I have and then let you make your own decision.

Best wishes!

aykanbi:
Pls I applied for open work permit. My two kids are American citizens do I have to apply for them too . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 2:50am On Oct 16, 2021
I tired for IRCC oo. I complained to the Nairobi office that my application has passed the processing time. They replied that they would review my documents in few weeks no update for a month. I have written to them again no update. My infant’s TRV has passed processing time, I sent an email to all the MP’s in London Ontario, I was told that they still have a backlogs since September 2020 and my child needs to reapply for a TRV and it takes 14-30 business days. I just have to tell SP to travel to Canada rather than stay behind to nurse our 3 month old child while taking online classes. When she gets her study permit, SIN and bank account. She will reapply TRV for our child. Is it possible to also file a TRV application for myself while my SOWP is still under processing. ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by xtremlov(m): 9:44am On Oct 16, 2021
Good morning @Ikemummy, I had the same issue when I submitted for my family this week.

Were you able to resolve yours and if yes, how please?

ikemummy:
Good morning my people.
I am in Canada studying and recently submitted a Spousal Open Work Permit for my wife and Visitor Visa for our infant daughter. I submitted it in one application with my wife as the principal applicant. However, IRCC gave my wife (the principal applicant) an application number without UCI but gave my daughter both UCI and application number. Please is this normal?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2021
i agree, letting your spouse going there increases the assistance that the Mps will give to your application. i know we are around the same time applicants. and i also got a feedback that they are actively reviewing my application. I asked my wife to assist me reaching out to an MP, they asked for post code and number before assisting. that goes to show they trim down the amount of people they will need to help as it may not necessarily be in their jurisdiction, i have pasted the reply she gave for your perusal. i know we are thesame month so i think you should follow this route as they can expedite it aas we have exceeded the wait time.

lightswitch007:
I tired for IRCC oo. I complained to the Nairobi office that my application has passed the processing time. They replied that they would review my documents in few weeks no update for a month. I have written to them again no update. My infant’s TRV has passed processing time, I sent an email to all the MP’s in London Ontario, I was told that they still have a backlogs since September 2020 and my child needs to reapply for a TRV and it takes 14-30 business days. I just have to tell SP to travel to Canada rather than stay behind to nurse our 3 month old child while taking online classes. When she gets her study permit, SIN and bank account. She will reapply TRV for our child. Is it possible to also file a TRV application for myself while my SOWP is still under processing. ?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blackedwin: 11:23am On Oct 16, 2021
Hello house, I need help in filling this section on IMM1294 for kids.
Can't validate the form without completing this section
Assist would be highly appreciated

Regards

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2021
sam4774:
i agree, letting your spouse going there increases the assistance that the Mps will give to your application. i know we are around the same time applicants. and i also got a feedback that they are actively reviewing my application. I asked my wife to assist me reaching out to an MP, they asked for post code and number before assisting. that goes to show they trim down the amount of people they will need to help as it may not necessarily be in their jurisdiction, i have pasted the reply she gave for your perusal. i know we are thesame month so i think you should follow this route as they can expedite it aas we have exceeded the wait time.

Thanks bro. I'm booking her flight asap for next month, Na to learn how to be a full time nursing father i dey so. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
@ Akannitommy wow what a journey...congrats on the approvals so far ...others will come in due course.. though i have sent you a DM.
This kind of dilemma to send my application to reunite with wifey is giving my serious indecision. wifey with SP , 3 American kids of ages 6,6 and 4... is it possible to apply SP for all kids with American Passport to help expedite my own application i dont mind this route if it will help.... And this new IRCC portal for visiting visa... how true is the 14-30 business working days to get a reply... in the visiting visa thread the wait no be here(silence on that thread)

if you where in my shoes pls advice...i need to send my application end of this month.

Chie!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 12:52am On Oct 17, 2021
sam4774:

Please how did tou apply for the notes from canada here?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 1:33am On Oct 17, 2021
Hi,

I saw your request but unfortunately I can no longer accept PM requests due to my crazy schedule. Coming in here is a way to relax away from school/work occasionally.

You story sounds familiar. I spoke with someone recently that has your wifey's profile. I can only speak from my own experience. I would apply for SP for all three kids because they are eligible for it and if using their American passports would speed things, why not? Then apply for a SOWP for yourself as principal applicant joining the kids in. If they treat the kids applications and fast too, they will treat yours as well. I am unfamiliar with the situation of visiting visa right now, so I can't comment on it. But I suspect SOWP will have priority over visiting unless there is an expedited route as you said which must mean you meet certain conditions of such a program.

Cheers.

If you apply
afrobrown2000:
@ Akannitommy wow what a journey...congrats on the approvals so far ...others will come in due course.. though i have sent you a DM.
This kind of dilemma to send my application to reunite with wifey is giving my serious indecision. wifey with SP , 3 American kids of ages 6,6 and 4... is it possible to apply SP for all kids with American Passport to help expedite my own application i dont mind this route if it will help.... And this new IRCC portal for visiting visa... how true is the 14-30 business working days to get a reply... in the visiting visa thread the wait no be here(silence on that thread)

if you where in my shoes pls advice...i need to send my application end of this month.

Chie!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
there is a place you can get it on the ircc website for 5 CAD if you are in Canada and if not you can go to websites like getgcms and a host of others thats on this thread, that can cost you between 15-25 CAD

skull4eva:

Please how did tou apply for the notes from canada here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.