Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (801557 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stephblues(f): 6:51am On Oct 23, 2021
Hey girl, glad to see that you have finally landed with your family. I claim the same for my family as well. All the best.

Lianna2020:
LANDING GIST

My flight was scheduled for 10:55 pm on Sunday.
We all went to the airport by 2:00pm because we had excess luggage and also to check in on time.
At 2, there wasn’t any crowd, we had 23kg into ten places (entitled to just 6 bags at 23kg) and paid 300k for extra luggage.

Things requested for at Nigerian airport:
1. Arrive can
2. Stamped visas
3. Enrollment letter
4. Covid 19 test

We finished all checks around 5:pm. Please no matter the time for your flight, try and get to the airport early because the crowd from five ehn!, I wouldn’t have meet up if I went late.

Tickets were printed out, yellow card given as well and passport scanned.

I said final goodbyes to my in-laws around eight and got checked in.

We used Lufthansa, we left 10:55pm and got to Frankfurt after 6 hours. We had layover of about six hours.

Things asked at Frankfurt by immigration.

1. Arrive can
2. Visas
3. Covid test result
4. Quarantine plan (14 days at Airbnb)

Our flight to Vancouver moved around 1:35pm on Monday (Germany time). It was the longest ten hours of my life. I never knew traveling with an active baby was this hard. They served their usual
Leaves but I no gree chop am because my turkey and meat Dey my bag Dey wait me(lol).

We got to Vancouver around 14:35(Vancouver time )on Monday . I filled arrival form on the system and moved to immigration.

At immigration in Vancouver, no cue or crowd at all.
Things asked by immigration:
1. Stamped visas of hubby , I and baby.
2. Hubby’s letter of authorization (the letter sent after your pp has been stamped ).

His work permit and baby’s visit visa was printed. No need for mine as i already had my study permit since July .
I waited for welcome to Canada and nothing(lol) yet again.

We got tested for covid at the airport and also our day eight self test box.

We moved to claim luggage(every bag complete ). And entered taxi to our Airbnb for quarantine.

I wish everyone all the best.
Amen
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 23, 2021
My marriage certificate has my late father in law’s occupation as a businessman
But hubby used Engineer as his father’s occupation in every document he submitted to IRCC during his study permit application.
P.s his father is both an Engineer and businessman

Will this have any effect?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2021
in terms of marriage certificate, i think its only use is to confirm the proof of relationship. as far as its an original verifiable document i think you are good to go. if it bothers you so much passively state it in the LOI that your father in law is an engineer that is into business as an item in your home ties section to cover your back

goodluck

111Doris:
My marriage certificate has my late father in law’s occupation as a businessman
But hubby used Engineer as his father’s occupation in every document he submitted to IRCC during his study permit application.
P.s his father is both an Engineer and businessman

Will this have any effect?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2021
sam4774:
it seems like more people are joining this thread and little to no one is leaving because IRCC is not prioritising stand alone SOWP at all. will it be possible for us to highlight our application dates? So we can have an understanding as to how far back this backlog is. i am thinking if we all send a webform at the-same time or email to the kenya office or anything else as a group to instead of all individually doing our own things because this is getting ridiculous.

i applied May 4th....

I applied December, 11 2020
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
oh i remember your application, please has your gcms note arrived yet?

Anndav:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 23, 2021
[quote author=sam4774 post=106986175]in terms of marriage certificate, i think its only use is to confirm the proof of relationship. as far as its an original verifiable document i think you are good to go. if it bothers you so much passively state it in the LOI that your father in law is an engineer that is into business as an item in your home ties section to cover your back

goodluck

Thanks so much
My father in- law is late and nobody continued the business
I think I will just submit it like that rather than complicating issue by explaining
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
Thanks sis and Amen
Stephblues:
Hey girl, glad to see that you have finally landed with your family. I claim the same for my family as well. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2021
I did medicals at four month pregnancy and nothing happened.
I did the X-ray as well.
Chisolove3:
Good day all.
Please can a pregnant woman do medicals? Heard a pregnant woman should not do x-ray.. So I am wondering what will happen to the x-ray part...and second question, is it good to apply(SOWP) while pregnant or wait till you give birth here in Nigeria before applying. P.S(early pregnancy) please anyone with this experience should shed some light...Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
I applied April 16th 2021, did biometrics April 20th, 2021.

sam4774:
it seems like more people are joining this thread and little to no one is leaving because IRCC is not prioritising stand alone SOWP at all. will it be possible for us to highlight our application dates? So we can have an understanding as to how far back this backlog is. i am thinking if we all send a webform at the-same time or email to the kenya office or anything else as a group to instead of all individually doing our own things because this is getting ridiculous.

i applied May 4th....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
wow thats not very encouraging, i thought the earliest SOWP on this thread was late april. have you ordered GCMS notes recently to see where exactly ib your application you are? or have you reached out to an MP to expedite the process?

babybless44:
I applied April 16th 2021, did biometrics April 20th, 2021.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 1:59am On Oct 24, 2021
FINAL PPR ALERT, it has ended in massive praises! Alhamdulilah!!

We received PPR for the remaining members of my family earlier today and also got a travel restriction exemption authorization approval for my 2 year old son. After we waited for two weeks after the first set of PPR for my daughters, we decided to send their passports on Monday to Abuja. We did to avoid the pitfall of missing 30-days deadline for submitting passports. The passports were delivered on Wednesday due to Tuesday holiday. Counterfoil for the girls were updated on the portal Friday and DHL picked up stamped passport same day - tracking shows it is en-route to Lagos. We woke up to receive PPR for my wife and son this morning, as well as a travel authorization for ONLY our son - since he applied for visitor and we also applied for the travel restriction exemption twice. The letter of introduction for the girls dropped too.

We are juggling many things right now and the logistics are crazy. I pray that everyone waiting for their PPR gets it soonest. I understand what you all are going through because I was in the same boat for over 5 months and I not unaware that several more have been waiting longer. Hang in there, be hopeful. Your time will come very soon. It has finally ended in praises. Many thanks to everyone who rendered assistance in one way or another on this platform in this journey. You are all too many to list but you know thy selves and the Almighty God know you even more. Your rewards will be in multi-folds and bountiful. Also, I am grateful for the emotional support everyone provided all through the process.

Again, it has ended in praises!! Alhamdulilah!!

See updated timeline below:

15th May - Application submission with upfront medicals for 3 out of 4 (All 3 had April 2021 passport expiry dates)
19th May - Medicals for Spouse and two kids (student permits) updated to passed
25th May - Wife completed bio-metric while kids didn't due to minor ages
3 months - Nothing; not even ghost update. Focused on passport renewal process and NIN reconciliation wahala.
18th August - Sent Nairobi inquiry email and got normal auto-response immediately
19th August - Nairobi replied my inquiry saying the usual stuff - under active review & unable to say when to finalize
19th August - Applied for GCMS notes for all
26th August - Applied for written travel authorization exemption (WTRE) for all
4th September - Emailed MP office covering my residential area
5th September - Emailed MP office covering my school area
8th September - Senior Advisor (staff) to MP covering my house replied - " I should reach out in 2 weeks if I haven’t received anything......."
9th September - Eligibility review commenced -- no ghost update - just random login and saw it
10th September - Received medical request for 2 year old son (who didn't do upfront medical since it was visitor visa for him).
10th September - 3 emails responses per travel authorization application - one shows son's WTRE is authorized & others tagged "courtesy"
17th September - Completed son's medical exam and uploaded result via webform and emails to Nairobi - no reply.
26th September - Son's medical updated to passed
6th October - Received PPR for daughters' study permit applications.
18th October - Sent daughters' passports to Abuja using DHL return service

18th October - Same day after I had sent 2 passports, the MP's office replied my umpteenth inquiry saying that "regarding the progress of requests, they are all linked and processed together. Verification of eligibility and medical results was accepted. The next step concerns the final decision which must be rendered (we do not have the date). Regarding your second question, I spoke with an IRCC agent who told me that you could send the 4 passports together by putting an explanatory letter explaining that it is easier financially and logistically to do like this and there shouldn't be any problem, but don't hang around in sending passports."

18th October - I replied MP's office that I had sent 2 passports and that I wouldn't want to risk sending all four because am not sure someone won't mix things up just because there was not PPR for 2 of the passports. In my experience, most people who work in customer service etc behave like robots lacking latitude to apply discretion in sensitive or unfamiliar situation. I didn't want anyone to use me as experiment.

22nd October - Daughters' profile showed counterfoil have been issued - visa stamped - expiry date is 4 months earlier than my own expiry date. No problem because that is valid for 2 years essentially.

23rd October - PPR for my wife and son dropped along with travel restriction exemption approval for my son & the girl's letter of intro.

The grace and joy shall go round by the special grace of God Almighty.

24 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 2:37am On Oct 24, 2021
Akannitommy:

We received PPR for the remaining members of my family earlier today and also got a travel restriction exemption authorization approval for my 2 year old son. After we waited for two weeks after the first set of PPR for my daughters, we decided to send their passports on Monday to Abuja. We did to avoid the pitfall of missing 30-days deadline for submitting passports. The passports were delivered on Wednesday due to Tuesday holiday. Counterfoil for the girls were updated on the portal Friday and DHL picked up stamped passport same day - tracking shows it is en-route to Lagos. We woke up to receive PPR for my wife and son this morning, as well as a travel authorization for ONLY our son - since he applied for visitor and we also applied for the travel restriction exemption twice. The letter of introduction for the girls dropped too.

We are juggling many things right now and the logistics are crazy. I pray that everyone waiting for their PPR gets it soonest. I understand what you all are going through because I was in the same boat for over 5 months and I not unaware that several more have been waiting longer. Hang in there, be hopeful. Your time will come very soon. It has finally ended in praises. Many thanks to everyone who rendered assistance in one way or another on this platform in this journey. You are all too many to list but you know thy selves and the Almighty God know you even more. Your rewards will be in multi-folds and bountiful. Also, I am grateful for the emotional support everyone provided all through the process.

15th May - Application submission with upfront medicals for 3 out of 4 (All 3 had April 2021 passport expiry dates)
3 months - Nothing; not even ghost update. Focused on passport renewal process and NIN reconciliation wahala.
18th August - Sent Nairobi inquiry email and got normal auto-response immediately
19th August - Nairobi replied my inquiry saying the usual stuff - under active review & unable to say when to finalize
8th September - Senior Advisor (staff) to MP covering my house replied - " I should reach out in 2 weeks if I haven’t received anything......."
9th September - Eligibility review commenced -- no ghost update - just random login and saw it
10th September - Received medical request for 2 year old son (who didn't do upfront medical since it was visitor visa for him).
10th September - 3 emails responses per travel authorization application - one shows son's WTRE is authorized & others tagged "courtesy"
17th September - Completed son's medical exam and uploaded result via webform and emails to Nairobi - no reply.

18th October - Same day after I had sent 2 passports, the MP's office replied my umpteenth inquiry saying that "regarding the progress of requests, they are all linked and processed together. Verification of eligibility and medical results was accepted. The next step concerns the final decision which must be rendered (we do not have the date). Regarding your second question, I spoke with an IRCC agent who told me that you could send the 4 passports together by putting an explanatory letter explaining that it is easier financially and logistically to do like this and there shouldn't be any problem, but don't hang around in sending passports."

18th October - I replied MP's office that I had sent 2 passports and that I wouldn't want to risk sending all four because am not sure someone won't mix things up just because there was not PPR for 2 of the passports. In my experience, most people who work in customer service etc behave like robots lacking latitude to apply discretion in sensitive or unfamiliar situation. I didn't want anyone to use me as experiment.

22nd October - Daughters' profile showed counterfoil have been issued - visa stamped - expiry date is 4 months earlier than my own expiry date. No problem because that is valid for 2 years essentially.

23rd October - PPR for my wife and son dropped along with travel restriction exemption approval for my son & the girl's letter of intro.

Alhamdulilah, So happy for you. Congratulations!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 2:45am On Oct 24, 2021
please what is travel restriction exemption please.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 3:09am On Oct 24, 2021
sam4774:
wow thats not very encouraging, i thought the earliest SOWP on this thread was late april. have you ordered GCMS notes recently to see where exactly ib your application you are? or have you reached out to an MP to expedite the process?

@babybless have you booked your medicals?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 3:37am On Oct 24, 2021
congratulations!!! God has perfected what he started in your life.

Akannitommy:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:25am On Oct 24, 2021
Akannitommy:

Finally finally finally congratulations boss

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Obanidavid: 5:18am On Oct 24, 2021
Congratulations!!!
Finally, it has ended in praise. I claim the same for my family and hope everyone of us will laugh sooner than later.
I cannot express so much the joy in me but very sure, my family and I will be the next to glorify God on this platform.
May God's name be praised.

Akannitommy:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2021
I applied September, 3 2020
Anndav:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by owee: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2021
Congratulations Bro. Wishing your family safe trips to Ca in the shortest time.

Akannitommy:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
Congratulations bro. This has given us hope. Did you get a mail notification for any of the changes? From eligibility to PPR?
Akannitommy:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
asin is this SOWP or Employer specific work permit? because that will be wild. also have you ordered gcms or sent webforms and gotten any updates?

subzheero:
I applied September, 3 2020
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
I signed in to see status updated for the counterfoil a day before I was officially notified and along with the 2 notices came barrage of emails for the PPR*2, Letter of Intro *2, and Approval for travel exemption. I also didn't get email notification for medical updated to passed not eligibility commencement. I just logged in at some point and saw those too. But I didn't contact them in the first 3-months and when I finally did afterward, and also contact the MP about same period, I started seeing activity within a week. GCMS notes that I applied for since 19th August hasn't dropped till now.

Stonehenge83:
Congratulations bro. This has given us hope. Did you get a mail notification for any of the changes? From eligibility to PPR?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
Amen and thanks.

NB: please avoid booking British Airways for SOWP/Visitor travels at the moment. I almost paid yesterday before I asked them for clarification then realized they won't carry my wife and son because of their visa type. I don't understand the justification but it was a narrow escape. Imagine if we found out at the airport on the day of travel?

owee:
Congratulations Bro. Wishing your family safe trips to Ca in the shortest time.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajikaz2003(m): 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
Congratulations to you, my brother.

Akannitommy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by UnyimeOcean: 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
Congratulations……more good news to follow this week.

Akannitommy:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ArewaWife(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
Got paid by a Canadian Company but I don't have a Canadian bank account to receive funds. Just $300 CAD. Who can help me receive it through interac e-transfer?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Reseptie: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2021
@Akannitommy Congratulationssssssss oh thank God.I am so elatedddddd for you ,Oluwaseun!!!!

Congrats ooooo, this is so great to read, our own too will land earlier than expected loruko Oluwa

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Na wa. Congratulations again. I've asked wifey to contact her MPs let's see if that's the new angle to make them act now.
Akannitommy:
I signed in to see status updated for the counterfoil a day before I was officially notified and along with the 2 notices came barrage of emails for the PPR*2, Letter of Intro *2, and Approval for travel exemption. I also didn't get email notification for medical updated to passed not eligibility commencement. I just logged in at some point and saw those too. But I didn't contact them in the first 3-months and when I finally did afterward, and also contact the MP about same period, I started seeing activity within a week. GCMS notes that I applied for since 19th August hasn't dropped till now.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
sam4774:
oh i remember your application, please has your gcms note arrived yet?

Yes oooo, everything completed
But eligibility check is blank.
Its just as if. Physical visa officer has not pick the application
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
Congratulations boss
Akannitommy:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Employer Specific Work permit. Received my first Gcms note in July, Eligibility says Review Required all other passed so am just waiting for the final decision pray it comes b4 December ends......the wait no be here
sam4774:
asin is this SOWP or Employer specific work permit? because that will be wild. also have you ordered gcms or sent webforms and gotten any updates?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
what a Journey.....................Congratulations Man
Akannitommy:

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.