Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (800840 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Doree: 12:17am On Oct 20, 2021
Akannitommy:
Please ask your questions here so others can help and if I stray in like this once in a while I can chip in if I have insights too. It is no longer possible to accept PM and start discussions without hurting my own studies here. I hope you will understand. Thanks

Yes, I understand.
I just wanted to inquire how to go about the Pof thingy cos that's our delaying factor at the moment.
But I noticed you said you don't want to talk about it openly.
I can really use your suggestions. Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 3:40am On Oct 20, 2021
Please did anyone apply around the 3week in May 2021? ( May16th - 22nd). I want to have an idea of what the processing time was ( Number of weeks). Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 3:41am On Oct 20, 2021
lightswitch007:
Help me thank God oo. My infant's TRV visa just landed, applied August 6 both eligibility and approval arrived today. Na only me remain oo since May. IRCC please ooo.

Congratulations Bro. You will get yours soonest by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Hollushola(m): 3:48am On Oct 20, 2021
Marh:
Please did anyone apply around the 3week in May 2021? ( May16th - 22nd). I want to have an idea of the processing time ( Number of weeks). Thank you

Applied 29th May, 2021. But nothing yet. Did you apply for the GCMS note?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 4:10am On Oct 20, 2021
Hollushola:

Applied 29th May, 2021. But nothing yet. Did you apply for the GCMS note?

Yes I applied for the second gcms 7th of last month. I am yet to receive it.

Did you check the processing time when you applied then?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 7:30am On Oct 20, 2021
it usually means that is when the visa officer handling the case should be done with it or when it should be moved to the next stage of the application

loodba:

What does that mean ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 10:52am On Oct 20, 2021
Marh:
Please did anyone apply around the 3week in May 2021? ( May16th - 22nd). I want to have an idea of what the processing time was ( Number of weeks). Thank you
I applied May 19th, to be honest i don't think they're following the processing time. If you haven't done or made an appointment for medicals please do so as soon as possible. check the processing time here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bisimo: 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
Congratulations to you and your family!
Our flight is scheduled for December and i and my hubby are fully vaccinated. Do we still need to show the quarantine plan at Vancouver airport?
thanks

Lianna2020:
LANDING GIST

My flight was scheduled for 10:55 pm on Sunday.
We all went to the airport by 2:00pm because we had excess luggage and also to check in on time.
At 2, there wasn’t any crowd, we had 23kg into ten places (entitled to just 6 bags at 23kg) and paid 300k for extra luggage.

Things requested for at Nigerian airport:
1. Arrive can
2. Stamped visas
3. Enrollment letter
4. Covid 19 test

We finished all checks around 5:pm. Please no matter the time for your flight, try and get to the airport early because the crowd from five ehn!, I wouldn’t have meet up if I went late.

Tickets were printed out, yellow card given as well and passport scanned.

I said final goodbyes to my in-laws around eight and got checked in.

We used Lufthansa, we left 10:55pm and got to Frankfurt after 6 hours. We had layover of about six hours.

Things asked at Frankfurt by immigration.

1. Arrive can
2. Visas
3. Covid test result
4. Quarantine plan (14 days at Airbnb)

Our flight to Vancouver moved around 1:35pm on Monday (Germany time). It was the longest ten hours of my life. I never knew traveling with an active baby was this hard. They served their usual
Leaves but I no gree chop am because my turkey and meat Dey my bag Dey wait me(lol).

We got to Vancouver around 14:35(Vancouver time )on Monday . I filled arrival form on the system and moved to immigration.

At immigration in Vancouver, no cue or crowd at all.
Things asked by immigration:
1. Stamped visas of hubby , I and baby.
2. Hubby’s letter of authorization (the letter sent after your pp has been stamped ).

His work permit and baby’s visit visa was printed. No need for mine as i already had my study permit since July .
I waited for welcome to Canada and nothing(lol) yet again.

We got tested for covid at the airport and also our day eight self test box.

We moved to claim luggage(every bag complete ). And entered taxi to our Airbnb for quarantine.

I wish everyone all the best.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
No you don’t, they didn’t even ask for quarantine plan at Vancouver.
bisimo:
Congratulations to you and your family!
Our flight is scheduled for December and i and my hubby are fully vaccinated. Do we still need to show the quarantine plan at Vancouver airport?
thanks

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bisimo: 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2021
Okay, thanks!

Lianna2020:
No you don’t, they didn’t even ask for quarantine plan at Vancouver.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blackedwin: 11:11pm On Oct 21, 2021
Is it possible to do upfront Biometric. Flight tickets no be here outside lagos/Abuja pls
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Canfulfilment: 12:24am On Oct 22, 2021
Akannitommy na me you first tell make I dm you o. Please I understand how crazy canny schedule can be. Please be gracious unto me and accept my dm. I am just seeing your comment now. Please I beg of you. Thank you.

Akannitommy:
Send me DM to share tips on my own experience as nobody really get money.........

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 2:54am On Oct 22, 2021
blackedwin:
Is it possible to do upfront Biometric. Flight tickets no be here outside lagos/Abuja pls

No you can't. You have to submit application first before you can be requested to give your biometric.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by honeycandy(f): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2021
Hello Everyone/Gurus,

I have a question and I hope someone can assist.

I already deferred admission to next year Sept, 2022 before I got PPR. I would like to know if I can put in an application for my family(spouse and 2kids) while still in the country. If yes, what kind of application? Visiting visa or SOWP?

Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 8:57am On Oct 22, 2021
honeycandy:
Hello Everyone/Gurus,

I have a question and I hope someone can assist.

I already deferred admission to next year Sept, 2022 before I got PPR. I would like to know if I can put in an application for my family(spouse and 2kids) while still in the country. If yes, what kind of application? Visiting visa or SOWP?

Thanks.
In my case SP got PPR Feb 2021 for May 2021 intake, she later deferred to September 2021 intake due to pregnancy. I filed for SOWP in May 2021 which is still pending, TRV applied Aug and got approved in October even tho she hasn't travelled to Canada yet. So it's possible...Let your SOP be well detailed and Pray!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by honeycandy(f): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2021
Thank you so much for responding. You have just given me hope.

Let me get something right. You applied for both SOWP and visiting visa. Visiting visa has been approved and the SOWP is still pending?

lightswitch007:
In my case SP got PPR Feb 2021 for May 2021 intake, she later deferred to September 2021 intake due to pregnancy. I filed for SOWP in May 2021 which is still pending, TRV applied Aug and got approved in October even tho she hasn't travelled to Canada yet. So it's possible...Let your SOP be well detailed and Pray!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2021
if the kids are below 6 or was it 5? its a visiting visa, but when they are above that age its a study permit. it will be advisable to do the SOWP along with your kids application because a stand alone SOWP as we have come to notice takes a long time. if you attach it to a study permit or a TRV it takes significantly less time. (this is all depending on the financials and home ties you are putting down in the application of course)

honeycandy:

Let me get something right. You applied for both SOWP and visiting visa. Visiting visa has been approved and the SOWP is still pending?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paragon4b: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2021
Kindly help me out Gurus here

Weldone Great People, Please I want your answer to this my yearning.

My spouse and I did Canadian Biometrics since last year November in Lagos, but to my amazement nothing has been heard since then.

Please can someone help me with any necessary info or am I the only one experiencing this ?

Please help.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2021
it seems like more people are joining this thread and little to no one is leaving because IRCC is not prioritising stand alone SOWP at all. will it be possible for us to highlight our application dates? So we can have an understanding as to how far back this backlog is. i am thinking if we all send a webform at the-same time or email to the kenya office or anything else as a group to instead of all individually doing our own things because this is getting ridiculous.

i applied May 4th....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
I applied April 29th. So far medicals passed May 19th. Since then it's been background check. From GCMS notes gotten, criminality has been passed and eligibility review has not started. Still hoping on God o.
sam4774:
it seems like more people are joining this thread and little to no one is leaving because IRCC is not prioritising stand alone SOWP at all. will it be possible for us to highlight our application dates? So we can have an understanding as to how far back this backlog is. i am thinking if we all send a webform at the-same time or email to the kenya office or anything else as a group to instead of all individually doing our own things because this is getting ridiculous.

i applied May 4th....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2021
same thing here, they seem to be taking their time with starting the eligibility. its not been started with every other thing finished for months, its pretty frustrating.

Stonehenge83:
I applied April 29th. So far medicals passed May 19th. Since then it's been background check. From GCMS notes gotten, criminality has been passed and eligibility review has not started. Still hoping on God o.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Hollushola(m): 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hello Everyone, do you think one can apply for a Visit visa while awaiting decision on a SOWP application?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by owee: 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hi all,

Good job you are doing here. From what I can deduce, it seems the SOWP applications are taking a while to process. Is it advisable to apply for visitor visas for my wife and 2 kids (I am an international student currently in Ca) and do another application for SOWP when they are in Ca?

My study permit expires mid-next year but I intend to extend(as I got a new passport now) along with my family's permit/visa as IRCC would not grant permits/visas beyond the primary applicant's documents expiry.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by owee: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
honeycandy:

@lightswitch007 please help clarify. Some of us need to know if TRV/visit visa should be explored rather than SOWP for now.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
Kenyans just no dey rate us at all, they just abandoned the application since May.
sam4774:
same thing here, they seem to be taking their time with starting the eligibility. its not been started with every other thing finished for months, its pretty frustrating.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
owee:

@lightswitch007 please help clarify. Some of us need to know if TRV/visit visa should be explored rather than SOWP for now.
To be honest It’s at your discretion, SOWP is taking too long at the moment. As it is IRCC is processing Visitors visa in 14- 30 business days for family reunification for those who applied after Sept 7th. As sam4774 rightly said apply as a family. In my case I had a child on the way that’s why our application was separate.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
sam4774:

i applied May 4th....

I applied May 21st, medicals and criminality passed, security and eligibility not started.�
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hollushola:
Hello Everyone, do you think one can apply for a Visit visa while awaiting decision on a SOWP application?

Please someone should help us answer this.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2021
hmmm we are plenty in this eligibility group oo

Marh:

I applied May 21st, medicals and criminality passed, security and eligibility not started.�
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2021
credit; lightswitch007
"To be honest It’s at your discretion, SOWP is taking too long at the moment. As it is IRCC is processing Visitors visa in 14- 30 business days for family reunification for those who applied after Sept 7th. As sam4774 righty said apply as a family. In my case I had a child on the way that’s why our application was separate."

it is entirely your discretion but i suspect it is dual intent if i am not wrong so its another ball game you may have to bring in your LOI

Marh:

Please someone should help us answer this.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:03am On Oct 23, 2021
sam4774:
hmmm we are plenty in this eligibility group oo

haha boss yes oo we plenty. I wouldn’t expect anyone to be waiting for medical request sef , just book medical appointment asap.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 4:40am On Oct 23, 2021
Good day all.
Please can a pregnant woman do medicals? Heard a pregnant woman should not do x-ray.. So I am wondering what will happen to the x-ray part...and second question, is it good to apply(SOWP) while pregnant or wait till you give birth here in Nigeria before applying. P.S(early pregnancy) please anyone with this experience should shed some light...Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: esth5er

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.