Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,376 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (806258 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2021
you can fill the form but it holds no consequences for those types of application, it can however make them pick up your file. but a SOWP that is applied along side a study permit application tends to get faster completion than a single SOWP. gcms notes also make them pick up files, so maybe order one and send webforms as well.

[quote author=Awas post=107436231][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lucipee: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hi everyone, since SOWP is delaying should I apply for visiting visa under the new link and if approved can I change it to SOWP when I arrive in Canada? please has anyone tried this or no someone that did
thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 8:03am On Nov 09, 2021
Lucipee:
Hi everyone, since SOWP is delaying should I apply for visiting visa under the new link and if approved can I change it to SOWP when I arrive in Canada? please has anyone tried this or no someone that did
thanks

Yes ....
But its not changing it
Its just that you will apply for open work permit from inside Canada...if u check there website you are actually eligibility for that...its just that you still have to wait ..... for your work permit to be approved before u can work.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2021
Please I applied for my wife SOWP and we haven't heard anything since oct, 2021 but the medical is passed. I want to renew my passport so that I can seek an extension as my current visa would expire by Oct 2022.

My question is can I link my wife's SOWP to my study permit extension? if yes, please how can I do that?

Thanks

Note: My study is till 2025.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
babybless44:
Same here my brother. It’s not really easy at all and it’s affecting my marriage. Thank God hubby came to 9ja and he’ll be with me this month before he travels back to Canada.

I applied since April 16th. When in April did you apply?

Did medicals biometrics by March

Did medicals by April...and approved the following week...which was same April

Been waiting for PPR since then....nothing ...honestly it's affecting me psychologically

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Marh:

Not easy at all o. Very frustrating. Been waiting since May. It is well

Bro we would testify....it would all end in praise....Canada is just very slow with this
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
Please if you've gotten the PPR please what does it look like?....seeing online that the pattern has been changed
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2021
It is well is all I can say.

corleone427:

Did medicals biometrics by March

Did medicals by April...and approved the following week...which was same April

Been waiting for PPR since then....nothing ...honestly it's affecting me psychologically
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2021
babybless44:
It is well is all I can say.

Depression done dey set in small small.....just feeling God might have forgotten about my case

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bbetter: 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Please can someone post complete steps or guide for applying for visitor visa in the new portal for re-uniting with families. Also if you can also share the link, that will be greatly appreciated.
thank you.
Anndav:

Yes ....
But its not changing it
Its just that you will apply for open work permit from inside Canada...if u check there website you are actually eligibility for that...its just that you still have to wait ..... for your work permit to be approved before u can work.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2021
Hi all,

Anyone coming to Montreal early December or end of November and in need of student accommodation? I may have a 3-months lease to transfer in a 4-star hotel. Rent is $900 for a fully furnished apartment (room and parlor with kitchenette, bathroom and toilet) with all utilities (internet, electricity, water, heat) plus furniture and electronics. It has an extra retractable bed for occasional guest in the living room. Cooking utensils, bed-sheets and even towels are all included in the rent. Am not adding a penny to the rent just looking transfer to someone who has such budget and they may benefit the relatively lower rate.

Current daily room rate in the hotel is about $100 so you are getting a great deal which I got when I signed a year long lease during the pandemic. I am moving to a bigger apartment by month end because family is joining me. Landlord is ready to end the lease but I want to explore this option too so someone may benefit that rate as the rental/tenant law allows me to transfer a lease without issues and landlord cannot refuse without a cogent reason.

City center location that is ideal for anyone going to UQAM, Concordia, or McGill - all are within walking distances. Montreal's most central metro station (Berri-UQAM) with connections to all 4 metro lines is 2 minutes walk away.

Only serious inquiries please. If you are interested, reply to my post here to signify and then send me a PM so I can accept and start discussion.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2021
Pls how do I dm u pls am interested
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
Okay. I just saw your PM and will reply now.

Erudensi:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
I have replied you and sent my Whatsapp contact. Don't delay if you really need this as I want to inform my classmates who may be interested too.

Erudensi:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
@Akin, pls how do I check my PM am a novice here
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 12:01am On Nov 11, 2021
Just reply my email. The PM/DM goes to your registered email. Just like when you requested that I add you, I got an email to that effect and then I replied it. So all you need to do now is check for my email reply (to your request) and either start an email conversation on there or contact me via Whatsapp # that I provided in my reply.

Erudensi:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 12:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
Check your email please. Email subject would be something like "Erudensi would like to send you a message"

Erudensi:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 7:54am On Nov 12, 2021
hi, my family did upfront medicals since Oct 18 and it has not been updated. anyone in this shoes? i sent a webform and got a reply that if its not about afganistan dey wont respond. worried
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Afghanistan wahala never finish?
Cynk:
hi, my family did upfront medicals since Oct 18 and it has not been updated. anyone in this shoes? i sent a webform and got a reply that if its not about afganistan dey wont respond. worried
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 1:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Hi @Erudensi,

I have had to post the offer on alternate platforms too because time is of the essence. If and when you are ready to reply the messages I sent in response to your PM, the space is still available at the moment. I can't guarantee it would be tomorrow as I will be pursuing other avenues as well.

As much as I would like, I can't drop my direct contact details here publicly and won't advise you to either. It is to also protect you from potential scams. So the best and secured means of ensuring you are chatting with the same person is to pick up contacts from any of the messages already sent to your email and/or PM.

Thanks.

Erudensi:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 9:56am On Nov 13, 2021
Please you guys getting your PPR please post here abeg so the rest of us wey done dey wait since they kingdom come go dey get hope and we nor go dey give up.....please....it's a really hard wait...a really hard one

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 11:32am On Nov 13, 2021
Are people getting PPR now?

corleone427:
Please you guys getting your PPR please post here abeg so the rest of us wey done dey wait since they kingdom come go dey get hope and we nor go dey give up.....please....it's a really hard wait...a really hard one
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
babybless44:
Are people getting PPR now?

I think some people are getting o....seen some congratulations messages here

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
I haven’t been seeing any PPR alert messages from recipients on this platform. This last I saw was from @Akannitommy and few persons in times past. I only saw people congratulating the recipient of PPR alert and I wonder why I do not see the message from the recipient themselves.
Is something wrong?

corleone427:

I think some people are getting o....seen some congratulations messages here
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
@Stonehenge83 any update yet? You mentioned they have started eligibility review on your application some weeks ago.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 6:52am On Nov 14, 2021
Nothing o, the wait continues. Thanks for the check up.
Marh:
@Stonehenge83 any update yet? You mentioned they have started eligibility review on your application some weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by femside: 7:22am On Nov 14, 2021
Hello guy please I need ur help I want to apply for Canada visiting visa pls can anyone help me with all the info and let me apply myself thanks Inadvance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 7:25am On Nov 14, 2021
Congratulations to all my fellas in the House for the PPR.
Can my spouse apply for open work permit now and later apply for study permit for my kids?
Thier passport is not ready and its taking some time.
I am thinking my spouse can proceed for the SOWP and later include that of the kids once their passport is out...Can this fly?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2021
honeycandy:
God bless you for this write-up bro.

What if the spouse in Nigeria is the one sponsoring the one in Canada (as may have been presented duing the application fro student visa)?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:17am On Nov 14, 2021
sam4774:
no worries brother, there are generally 2 letters for the Principal applicant ( letter of Introduction) this is the letter from the spouse to the embassy. it is a formal letter explaining your reason for doing what you are doing. if i was you after introduction and stating your reason for why you are applying break your letter into sections.
HISTORY OF RELATIONSHIP TO THE STUDENT PERMIT HOLDER
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO THE STUDENT PERMIT HOLDER
PROOF OF FUNDS
TIES TO HOME COUNTRY
PROOF THAT I WILL RETURN AFTER THE PERIOD SPECIFIED
these are usually where the VOs refuse people for, explain where in the application you put the proof of all the things you are explaining in your pdf documents submittion.

the second document is the STUDY PERMIT HOLDERS (letter of sponsorship) the student is the one sponsoring your spousal open work permit, so this is their attestation to the embassy that you are married and that she is aware you are applying and the plans she has to make your stay possible and not an issue to the Canadian government or affect your families survival in Canada. it is not very long and can be put under the documents you submit in proof of relationship as a pdf.

these are all formal letters so it goes without saying your grammar must be top notch, you should explain yourself concisely as well. the layout is usually top right your address, below it the nigerian embassy address, the next below that is the date on the right and then the SUBJECT centralised under the date and you start with 'Dear Visa officer,"

What if the spouse in Nigeria is the one sponsoring the one in Canada (as may have been presented duing the application fro student visa)?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:19am On Nov 14, 2021
sam4774:
no worries brother, there are generally 2 letters for the Principal applicant ( letter of Introduction) this is the letter from the spouse to the embassy. it is a formal letter explaining your reason for doing what you are doing. if i was you after introduction and stating your reason for why you are applying break your letter into sections.
HISTORY OF RELATIONSHIP TO THE STUDENT PERMIT HOLDER
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO THE STUDENT PERMIT HOLDER
PROOF OF FUNDS
TIES TO HOME COUNTRY
PROOF THAT I WILL RETURN AFTER THE PERIOD SPECIFIED
these are usually where the VOs refuse people for, explain where in the application you put the proof of all the things you are explaining in your pdf documents submittion.

the second document is the STUDY PERMIT HOLDERS (letter of sponsorship) the student is the one sponsoring your spousal open work permit, so this is their attestation to the embassy that you are married and that she is aware you are applying and the plans she has to make your stay possible and not an issue to the Canadian government or affect your families survival in Canada. it is not very long and can be put under the documents you submit in proof of relationship as a pdf.

these are all formal letters so it goes without saying your grammar must be top notch, you should explain yourself concisely as well. the layout is usually top right your address, below it the nigerian embassy address, the next below that is the date on the right and then the SUBJECT centralised under the date and you start with 'Dear Visa officer,"

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mazeb: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

I applied for SP without my family for obvious reason and started online before my visa was approved towards the end of my school program.

I am now in Canada. I am working and have received my PGWP after completing my studies.

I want to apply for my wife and family to come over to Canada.
[color=#000099]
1. Is it better to apply for visitors visa and change status when they come in ?

2. Should I apply for spouse work permit and study permit for my kids ? What additional documents do I need.

I have checked part of the thread but all I see is people with Study Permit applying for family and not PGWP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.