Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,552 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (806296 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stephblues(f): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2021
Congratulations. So happy for you.

Obanidavid:
It has ended in praise, God of Winners at work.

PPR just landed for my wife and two children.....

I claimed this testimony after Akannitomy and God heard me....

Be it known unto you that I received my own PPR for study permit October 27th, 2020 while my spouse and children got theirs this day October 25th, 2021.

Am just so grateful to God who is too faithful to fail.

1st application
Feb. 4th, 2021 - Application submitted
March 26th, 2021 - Application for written authorization
April 8th, 2021 - Application denied
April 9th - Application of GCMS
May 30th - GCMS note received

2nd Application
July 4th - Application submitted
Sept 3th - Application of exemption/written authorization
October 17th - Exemption letter was returned
October 25th - Eligibility commenced
October 25th - Application approved/PPR

I sincerely appreciate God and must of my friends that we talk offline, thank you for your support.

I pray that this joy will go round for everyone waiting.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aykanbi: 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
Congratulations. May the blessings spread around and may your family find Favour in this new journey.
Akannitommy:
FINAL PPR ALERT, it has ended in massive praises! Alhamdulilah!!

We received PPR for the remaining members of my family earlier today and also got a travel restriction exemption authorization approval for my 2 year old son. After we waited for two weeks after the first set of PPR for my daughters, we decided to send their passports on Monday to Abuja. We did to avoid the pitfall of missing 30-days deadline for submitting passports. The passports were delivered on Wednesday due to Tuesday holiday. Counterfoil for the girls were updated on the portal Friday and DHL picked up stamped passport same day - tracking shows it is en-route to Lagos. We woke up to receive PPR for my wife and son this morning, as well as a travel authorization for ONLY our son - since he applied for visitor and we also applied for the travel restriction exemption twice. The letter of introduction for the girls dropped too.

We are juggling many things right now and the logistics are crazy. I pray that everyone waiting for their PPR gets it soonest. I understand what you all are going through because I was in the same boat for over 5 months and I not unaware that several more have been waiting longer. Hang in there, be hopeful. Your time will come very soon. It has finally ended in praises. Many thanks to everyone who rendered assistance in one way or another on this platform in this journey. You are all too many to list but you know thy selves and the Almighty God know you even more. Your rewards will be in multi-folds and bountiful. Also, I am grateful for the emotional support everyone provided all through the process.

Again, it has ended in praises!! Alhamdulilah!!

See updated timeline below:

15th May - Application submission with upfront medicals for 3 out of 4 (All 3 had April 2021 passport expiry dates)
19th May - Medicals for Spouse and two kids (student permits) updated to passed
25th May - Wife completed bio-metric while kids didn't due to minor ages
3 months - Nothing; not even ghost update. Focused on passport renewal process and NIN reconciliation wahala.
18th August - Sent Nairobi inquiry email and got normal auto-response immediately
19th August - Nairobi replied my inquiry saying the usual stuff - under active review & unable to say when to finalize
19th August - Applied for GCMS notes for all
26th August - Applied for written travel authorization exemption (WTRE) for all
4th September - Emailed MP office covering my residential area
5th September - Emailed MP office covering my school area
8th September - Senior Advisor (staff) to MP covering my house replied - " I should reach out in 2 weeks if I haven’t received anything......."
9th September - Eligibility review commenced -- no ghost update - just random login and saw it
10th September - Received medical request for 2 year old son (who didn't do upfront medical since it was visitor visa for him).
10th September - 3 emails responses per travel authorization application - one shows son's WTRE is authorized & others tagged "courtesy"
17th September - Completed son's medical exam and uploaded result via webform and emails to Nairobi - no reply.
26th September - Son's medical updated to passed
6th October - Received PPR for daughters' study permit applications.
18th October - Sent daughters' passports to Abuja using DHL return service

18th October - Same day after I had sent 2 passports, the MP's office replied my umpteenth inquiry saying that "regarding the progress of requests, they are all linked and processed together. Verification of eligibility and medical results was accepted. The next step concerns the final decision which must be rendered (we do not have the date). Regarding your second question, I spoke with an IRCC agent who told me that you could send the 4 passports together by putting an explanatory letter explaining that it is easier financially and logistically to do like this and there shouldn't be any problem, but don't hang around in sending passports."

18th October - I replied MP's office that I had sent 2 passports and that I wouldn't want to risk sending all four because am not sure someone won't mix things up just because there was not PPR for 2 of the passports. In my experience, most people who work in customer service etc behave like robots lacking latitude to apply discretion in sensitive or unfamiliar situation. I didn't want anyone to use me as experiment.

22nd October - Daughters' profile showed counterfoil have been issued - visa stamped - expiry date is 4 months earlier than my own expiry date. No problem because that is valid for 2 years essentially.

23rd October - PPR for my wife and son dropped along with travel restriction exemption approval for my son & the girl's letter of intro.

The grace and joy shall go round by the special grace of God Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 11:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
Obanidavid:

I applied earlier with a budget of 10,000cad but raised it to 25,000cad
You mean the major cash right? Was there any funding included?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 11:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Congratulations brother.
I claim this for myself and all others trusting God for a positive and swift outcome.
The distance between o and my spouse is becoming unhealthy.

Obanidavid:
It has ended in praise, God of Winners at work.

PPR just landed for my wife and two children.....

I claimed this testimony after Akannitomy and God heard me....

Be it known unto you that I received my own PPR for study permit October 27th, 2020 while my spouse and children got theirs this day October 25th, 2021.

Am just so grateful to God who is too faithful to fail.

1st application
Feb. 4th, 2021 - Application submitted
March 26th, 2021 - Application for written authorization
April 8th, 2021 - Application denied
April 9th - Application of GCMS
May 30th - GCMS note received

2nd Application
July 4th - Application submitted
Sept 3th - Application of exemption/written authorization
October 17th - Exemption letter was returned
October 25th - Eligibility commenced
October 25th - Application approved/PPR

I sincerely appreciate God and must of my friends that we talk offline, thank you for your support.

I pray that this joy will go round for everyone waiting.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 1:30am On Oct 27, 2021
@GodsGabby Yea i have contacted her ....i understand your point. I already know that in Canada you don't need a study permit for a minor who wants to go to pre-school, primary or secondary school that has a parent who is allowed to work or study in Canada...the problem is to be eligible for entry and i possesses one of this factors.. am qualified for this ....but. Madame cant study and handle 3 kids ....so i intend to come with them since i have a good support system here ...In Addition i feel that if my children apply for study permits using US passorts...it will hasten/facilitate my application.......
GodsGabby:

If you still follow the student thread which i guess you dont since ppr for your wife came through. A woman, with moniker "Residenttourist" i guess, shared her landing gist and how she travelled recently with her kids using their US passport and they got stamped at the POE with her study duration as well.
She didn't apply for visitors visit or permit for them. She was told at the POE that they could school on that stamp.

Your wife should have travelled with the kids and get stamped in Canada.

You can reach out to her to know more, if your wife can come back to go with the kids while you apply for SOWP. Reach out to the moniker in the student thread.
All the best.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:43am On Oct 27, 2021
Amen and thanks.

aykanbi:
Congratulations. May the blessings spread around and may your family find Favour in this new journey.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 9:44am On Oct 27, 2021
Angels that are sharing "donotreply... A message about your application is waiting for you" APPROVED!. Please let us smile before the end of October.

14 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
so i checked the updated processing time for work permits from Nigeria and it has jumped from 21 weeks to 29 weeks. Boss let me not lie to you, if it is in your power this TRV its looking very realistic. i am thinking of doing some research and following this path, people re-uniting with their sposes in a month oo! the way this SOWP is doing its like it wants us to spend the holidays away from our spouses. GOD FORBID!

lightswitch007:
I tired for IRCC oo. I complained to the Nairobi office that my application has passed the processing time. They replied that they would review my documents in few weeks no update for a month. I have written to them again no update. My infant’s TRV has passed processing time, I sent an email to all the MP’s in London Ontario, I was told that they still have a backlogs since September 2020 and my child needs to reapply for a TRV and it takes 14-30 business days. I just have to tell SP to travel to Canada rather than stay behind to nurse our 3 month old child while taking online classes. When she gets her study permit, SIN and bank account. She will reapply TRV for our child. Is it possible to also file a TRV application for myself while my SOWP is still under processing. ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
sam4774:
so i checked the updated processing time for work permits from Nigeria and it has jumped from 21 weeks to 29 weeks. Boss let me not lie to you, if it is in your power this TRV its looking very realistic. i am thinking of doing some research and following this path, people re-uniting with their sposes in a month oo! the way this SOWP is doing its like it wants us to spend the holidays away from our spouses. GOD FORBID!

The thing just tire me. Though i talked about my SOWP application in my baby's TRV letter of intent, i hope they saw that when they approved him. Today i sent a webform uploaded my Covid-19 Vaccine certificate to show i'm fully vaccinated and also talked about the processing time has passed. Hopefully i get a positive response.
I'm waiting for SP to travel in Nov, if nothing i think i will follow TRV route ... I'm tired of messaging MPs over and over again.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hazzaman: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
lightswitch007:
The thing just tire me. Though i talked about my SOWP application in my baby's TRV letter of intent, i hope they saw that when they approved him. Today i sent a webform uploaded my Covid-19 Vaccine certificate to show i'm fully vaccinated and also talked about the processing time has passed. Hopefully i get a positive response.
I'm waiting for SP to travel in Nov, if nothing i think i will follow TRV route ... I'm tired of messaging MPs over and over again.
Currently using the TRV route. First application on June. Second application this month… Nothing yet!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
hazzaman:

Currently using the TRV route. First application on June. Second application this month… Nothing yet!
you used the new IRCC portal for your TRV application right?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Reseptie: 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
This their processing is not encouraging at all and it is frustrating to say the least.I am extremely tired of waiting and sending emails without response from any one.

I have decided to leave it for Jesus and even praying for the application sef one needs strength .God will favour us all in Jesus name and in a very short while.

Thank God we are closer to our PPRs from where we began.I don tire to dey refresh yahoo mail and check my IRCC account sha.

As i am encouraging you, i am also am encouraging my self .

sam4774:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
why do you have two applications? and also did you do the exemption form that makes them review your TRV in 30 days?

hazzaman:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
how i knew it was terrible was even after MP answered me and did urgent processing form, these guys were still ignoring my webforms and my application didnt move.

lightswitch007:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
thank you oh! without the encouragement one will be just depressed. its so sad seeing study applications mid september getting PPR and some people are waiting from March or worse to join their spouse. we will all get this PPR and laugh about it soon by Gods grace

Reseptie:
This their processing is not encouraging at all and it is frustrating to say the least.I am extremely tired of waiting and sending emails without response from any one.

I have decided to leave it for Jesus and even praying for the application sef one needs strength .God will favour us all in Jesus name and in a very short while.

Thank God we are closer to our PPRs from where we began.I don tire to dey refresh yahoo mail and check my IRCC account sha.

As i am encouraging you, i am also am encouraging my self .

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2021
sam4774:
how i knew it was terrible was even after MP answered me and did urgent processing form, these guys were still ignoring my webforms and my application didnt move.

Some MPs can be terrible with responses.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
As in eh, my wrote to one covering her school area and the one covering her house area, the one for the school area responded sharp sharp and told her to contact the one from the house area. That one hasn't replied any mail sent to him both in English and French. So tiring eh. Though eligibility review has started on Monday. I'm being very hopeful. We shall see a positive end. Amen.
lightswitch007:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
lightswitch007:

Very terrible o

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bhyy(m): 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hello All,

Firstly, congratulations to all who have received their PPR and are going to be reunited with their families. Our time will come soon in Jesus name. Amen.

Please how do we get the written Travel Authorization Exemption?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cowbell521: 1:02am On Oct 28, 2021
Who writes Letter of Introduction? My friend's wife in Canada abi my friend in Nigeria? Like is it student or spouse?

It's urgent. D guy dey submit this Sunday
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by megastu(m): 2:42am On Oct 28, 2021
Oh I see, I guess this triggered the miracle.
Obanidavid:

I applied earlier with a budget of 10,000cad but raised it to 25,000cad
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 11:02am On Oct 28, 2021
the principal applicant writes a letter of introduction, if its a SOWP the spouse does. however the student must write a letter of support that she is going to take care of him when he arrives and that she releases all her document to him for application and that she knows he is applying and so forth

Cowbell521:
Who writes Letter of Introduction? My friend's wife in Canada abi my friend in Nigeria? Like is it student or spouse?

It's urgent. D guy dey submit this Sunday

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 11:04am On Oct 28, 2021
if you check my older posts, someone wrote the link for me and i thanked them for it. the direct link is there.

Bhyy:
Hello All,

Firstly, congratulations to all who have received their PPR and are going to be reunited with their families. Our time will come soon in Jesus name. Amen.

Please how do we get the written Travel Authorization Exemption?

Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cowbell521: 11:29am On Oct 28, 2021
sam4774:
the principal applicant writes a letter of introduction, if its a SOWP the spouse does. however the student must write a letter of support that she is going to take care of him when he arrives and that she releases all her document to him for application and that she knows he is applying and so forth

tnks bros. Where will she submit the letter? Like, we are confused.

Na D confusion b dis my boss.

1. How many letters we go write?
2. What should be the content of the letter
3. Who and who is Writing the letter?

We dey confused. Or any link to sample or explanation? No vex for d troubles bros
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
no worries brother, there are generally 2 letters for the Principal applicant ( letter of Introduction) this is the letter from the spouse to the embassy. it is a formal letter explaining your reason for doing what you are doing. if i was you after introduction and stating your reason for why you are applying break your letter into sections.
HISTORY OF RELATIONSHIP TO THE STUDENT PERMIT HOLDER
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO THE STUDENT PERMIT HOLDER
PROOF OF FUNDS
TIES TO HOME COUNTRY
PROOF THAT I WILL RETURN AFTER THE PERIOD SPECIFIED
these are usually where the VOs refuse people for, explain where in the application you put the proof of all the things you are explaining in your pdf documents submittion.

the second document is the STUDY PERMIT HOLDERS (letter of sponsorship) the student is the one sponsoring your spousal open work permit, so this is their attestation to the embassy that you are married and that she is aware you are applying and the plans she has to make your stay possible and not an issue to the Canadian government or affect your families survival in Canada. it is not very long and can be put under the documents you submit in proof of relationship as a pdf.

these are all formal letters so it goes without saying your grammar must be top notch, you should explain yourself concisely as well. the layout is usually top right your address, below it the nigerian embassy address, the next below that is the date on the right and then the SUBJECT centralised under the date and you start with 'Dear Visa officer,"

Cowbell521:
tnks bros. Where will she submit the letter? Like, we are confused.

Na D confusion b dis my boss.

1. How many letters we go write?
2. What should be the content of the letter
3. Who and who is Writing the letter?

We dey confused. Or any link to sample or explanation? No vex for d troubles bros

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cowbell521: 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
sam4774:
no worries brother, there are generally 2 letters for the Principal applicant ( letter of Introduction) this is the letter from the spouse to the embassy. it is a formal letter explaining your reason for doing what you are doing. if i was you after introduction and stating your reason for why you are applying break your letter into sections.
PROOF OF FUNDS
TIES TO HOME COUNTRY
these are usually where the VOs refuse people for, explain where in the application you put the proof of all the things you are explaining in your pdf documents submittion.

the second document is the STUDY PERMIT HOLDERS (letter of sponsorship) the student is the one sponsoring your spousal open work permit, so this is their attestation to the embassy that you are married and that she is aware you are applying and the plans she has to make your stay possible and not an issue to the Canadian government or affect your families survival in Canada. it is not very long and can be put under the documents you submit in proof of relationship as a pdf.

these are all formal letters so it goes without saying your grammar must be top notch, you should explain yourself concisely as well. the layout is usually top right your address, below it the nigerian embassy address, the next below that is the date on the right and then the SUBJECT centralised under the date and you start with 'Dear Visa officer,"

Tnk bros. I let you know if I need more help. U don try for me bros. Na man u be

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by honeycandy(f): 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
God bless you for this write-up bro.

sam4774:
PROOF OF FUNDS
TIES TO HOME COUNTRY

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
You are welcome bro

Cowbell521:
Tnk bros. I let you know if I need more help. U don try for me bros. Na man u be
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Amen ��

honeycandy:
God bless you for this write-up bro.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mercy445: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
If your children are US citizens you don't need to apply for a study Permit for then. Once your wives permit is stamped your children will go to school on hers they just need visitors record which is the stamp they get in their passport at POE.

All the best

afrobrown2000:
@ akannitomy yea B.A will not allow to travel so far your not a resident or a student of that country your going to...

- I have decided to apply for SOWP for myself, Study Permit only (LOI only) for my twins(aged 6yrs) with their US passports(hoping this study permit will stimulate them to view my application to reduce processing times) . Also am getting a little confused on how to go with my 3 yrs old boy as he cant apply for visiting visa with a US passports..

*Should i just do the upfront medicals for him, insert in my application and shred light of it on LOE or..what u feel?

- Structural putting my funds together, i have a slightly similar case with you ( 3 children)...What do you feel is a safe POF(in Naira) for my family's application?

-Or should i just use all their Nigerian Passport and Apply?

Am submitting 1st week of next month my target is to reunited with madame latest March 2022 just want this application to be water tight. Hoping for the best

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hazzaman: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
lightswitch007:
you used the new IRCC portal for your TRV application right?
Used the new portal for the second application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.