Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (806218 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 9:34am On Nov 17, 2021
Congratulations to you!
I’m so happy for you people o.

DeeWan:

Thank you all for your good wishes. Infact, it has not been an easy journey considering the unending waiting period which has finally ended through the grace and mercy of the Almighty God. Below is my timeline;

Application was submitted in March 21, 2021 through our Immigration Lawyer in Canada.
Biometrics was done for me alone in March 24, 2021. This is because my 2 kids are 4 years and 2 years old.
Upfront Medical was done for me and my 2 kids in February 2021.
Medical examination of the kids were passed in March 25, 2021.
My Medical examination was passed in May 19, 2021 after which review started.
Then the waiting started proper.
Our Lawyer through his portal sent webform twice and an email for expedite processing of our application but, we were informed to wait as application could not be considered a priority. This propelled us to increase the fire of our prayer.
GCMS note was requested for on 23rd September 2021 by our Lawyer but it did not come even till this moment.
On 7th October 2021, I had to compose an emotional mail on behalf of Wifey to the MP of her area of residence in Canada. We were sent consent forms which was filed and sent back. The MP promised to get back to us as soon as he can. Another round of waiting started. I kept checking Wifey's email almost every minute for his response but this did not happen until November 2nd, 2021. From his response, we were told that our application was under review. At that point, we felt we had explored all available means and we just have to continue hoping in God.
Lo and behold, I was in the rest room today (16th November 2021) when I was called by Wifey. She broke the news of our PPR request to me. I cannot but continue to appreciate the name of the Lord for his mercies and grace. I use this opportunity to pray for everyone here waiting for PPR that God in his infinite mercy will answer everyone speedily without further delay.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Hello all,
I wanted to inquire how we would know if IRCC has uploaded the supporting documents sent to them via webform. We sent the police certificate and proof of home ties via lagos webform one month after submitting out application but did not get any reply if it is now part of our application.
I would really appreciate any help on what to do?
I also had another question regarding how travel history affects chances of approval. My husband (the spouse applying form Nigeria) has never left the country before. Will that count unfavorably for him?

Thank you for your insights on this issue.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2021
Amen o
sam4774:

congratulations, abeg you have waited enough. may your PPR fall in swiftly after giving them the medicals

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 11:30am On Nov 17, 2021
[quote author=Stonehenge83 post=107700950]Amen o[/quote

congratulations is in order o
May God perfect everything
Please when dd u submit your application

Mine was submitted on December 11 th

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by debbzJay: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2021
skull4eva:

Which province? All provinces except quebec requires 10k for you 4k for your hubby and 3k for each child making 20k cad. But for quebec 11k for you 5k for hubby, 4k each per child. 24k cad total

Thanks for your response
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 12:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
Amen. Thanks a lot. I submitted April 29th
[quote author=Anndav post=107701646][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by phummy1821: 12:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hello, I am also in this situation. Submitted together with my husband on the 24th of January, my husband's application was approved on the 8th of September. I have been waiting since then for my own passport request. I have sent countless emails and webform to them, I send at least 6 emails daily yet nothing. Pls what else can I do? I have been waiting for over 2 months now.

Akannitommy:
Hi,

Congratulations! Send your own passport immediately. Once it is stamped, you will likely get a request for your wife. There is nothing to worry about. You have already crossed the main hurdle. If there is a problem with your wife's application, it would most probably have affected yours too. So I don't think you or your wife should worry rather be grateful and send your passport to Abuja ASAP!

It was likely the case of a lazy VO who didn't finish his work once or madam's case require one or more item to finalize (on theirs or your end). You will know only after you send your passport. BUT add a letter of explanation to the passport or you may risk sending for madam and support it with a LOE. They may treat both together; however, I don't trust our people at VFS to use wisdom.

When my kids study permit was approved and their mother's SOWP and brother's visit visa was pending, my MP said I should send all 4 passports and add a LOE but I DIDN'T comply for fear our people at VFS may get cranky and return or put those with PPR aside. So a day after counterfoil showed online, the PPR for my wife son showed and we then sent their own passports.

It shall end finally in praises.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adeeeeeeeee: 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Urgent! Urgent!! Urgent!!!

Hello my people,
Please do you know any bank that sells PTA without returning ticket for students? I learnt that some banks have renegotiated to sell for students with only one-way ticket.

Please, somebody should help out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
Sorry to hear about that. Have your spouse in Canada tried to contact their MP about this yet?

phummy1821:
Hello, I am also in this situation. Submitted together with my husband on the 24th of January, my husband's application was approved on the 8th of September. I have been waiting since then for my own passport request. I have sent countless emails and webform to them, I send at least 6 emails daily yet nothing. Pls what else can I do? I have been waiting for over 2 months now.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please my school MP seems to be wicked. I contacted him and he said my wife's sowp is still fresh (applied oct 11, medical passed already) that we should contact him back in May 2022. But now the timeline is at 51 weeks. Really losing it and want to drop this Ph.D.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyIE: 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
I feel your frustration. Just hold on. Actually Oct 11 is so close for one to get a decision except a miracle happens. Be patient and hope for the best
shams040:
Please my school MP seems to be wicked. I contacted him and he said my wife's sowp is still fresh (applied oct 11, medical passed already) that we should contact him back in May 2022. But now the timeline is at 51 weeks. Really losing it and want to drop this Ph.D.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marpol: 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2021
adeeeeeeeee:
Urgent! Urgent!! Urgent!!!

Hello my people,
Please do you know any bank that sells PTA without returning ticket for students? I learnt that some banks have renegotiated to sell for students with only one-way ticket.

Please, somebody should help out.

Sterling Bank,

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
This Canada Immigration is not really sincere. They are afraid to come out with their full chest that they don't want spouse to get SOWP again. They should tell us if they don't want and we would decide if to come to Canada or not. I chose Canada over US because of the work permit for my spouse nothing is so special about this country. People get depressed every day and all.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
shams040:

58 weeks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by phummy1821: 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
He's still in Nigeria, our plan was to leave together next month as his school will start January. We sent an email on the 28th of October but no responseup till now.
Akannitommy:
Sorry to hear about that. Have your spouse in Canada tried to contact their MP about this yet?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please your timeline.

Stonehenge83:
Amen. Thanks a lot. I submitted April 29th
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2021
Thank you.
Stonehenge83:
Congratulations
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
Thank you.
babybless44:
Congratulations to you!
I’m so happy for you people o.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2021
atoke2021:
Hello all,
I wanted to inquire how we would know if IRCC has uploaded the supporting documents sent to them via webform. We sent the police certificate and proof of home ties via lagos webform one month after submitting out application but did not get any reply if it is now part of our application.
I also had another question regarding how travel history affects chances of approval. My husband (the spouse applying form Nigeria) has never left the country before. Will that count unfavorably for him?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyIE: 12:04am On Nov 18, 2021
Request for GCMS notes. Takes 30days to be received.
I do not think not having a travel history would deny him of getting a visa if he has everything accurate in his documents
atoke2021:
Hello all,

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 1:36am On Nov 18, 2021
Thank you @LadyIE, I will request the notes.
LadyIE:
Request for GCMS notes. Takes 30days to be received.
I do not think not having a travel history would deny him of getting a visa if he has everything accurate in his documents
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 2:24am On Nov 18, 2021
@Stonehenge83 Congratulations Bro.

They just sent me a medical request form to be done within 30 days. How do I beat the queue please guys help out?
Abeg o my people, good morning, I saw an update on my account this morning, by the time I checked it, I noticed that they've removed medical passed and every other things remained the same. What could that mean? Although I think my medical has expired cos I did upfront medical October last year when my wife was applying for study permit. Am I safe?[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 5:25am On Nov 18, 2021
Akannitommy:
If you have time to wait use Lagos VFS but if you care about how quickly the stamped visa come back send to Abuja. My family is based in Lagos and Wifey had bio-metric in Lagos but we sent to Abuja and paid the transmission fee for everyone.

Find the consent form on VFS website and sign the second page for each applicant (that's 3 sets in total since). Each is filled for the different applicant. Pay the transmission fee to VFS Sterling bank account - check for current rate over N9k now but used to be N8,920. We paid transmission fee for each person but ask others to know if only the principal applicant needs to pay. Use DHL return courier from Lagos to Abuja and the charges is about 21k in total. Check the VFS website for other documents to include - photocopy of passport, sheet of paper with names and address of recipient (you), printed letter of passport request for everyone, and your bio-metric slip,

You will get back in a week!

Thank you bro for the advise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by akinajibola: 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
PPR ALERT !!!!!!!!
Finally I received PPR letter for my husband and daughter today. I filed for both his work permit and my daughter's study permit July 2021. The whole process pulled through, glory be to God !

What God cannot do surely does not exist !! It will surely end in praise !!

16 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyIE: 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2021
Wow. Great news. Shows they’re really working on SOWP I pray they work on closed work permit too
akinajibola:
PPR ALERT !!!!!!!!
Finally I received PPR letter for my husband and daughter today. I filed for both his work permit and my daughter's study permit July 2021. The whole process pulled through, glory be to God !

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2021
akinajibola:
PPR ALERT !!!!!!!!

Congratulations oooooooo
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
LadyIE:
Wow. Great news. Shows they’re really working on SOWP I pray they work on closed work permit too

Amen o

Is your own employer specific work permit

And please when did you apply
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
Congratulations!!!

akinajibola:
PPR ALERT !!!!!!!!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sweetchi2411: 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
akinajibola:
PPR ALERT !!!!!!!!

Congratulations
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyIE: 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
Yes
Anndav:

Amen o

Is your own employer specific work permit

And please when did you apply
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2021
For reference purposes!

Girllikeme:
Submitted-Oct 25th (Paper)
Upfront medicals passed- 20th Nov.
Bvl-Dec 4th (It took a whole 6 weeks to get the final correspondence, felt like a lifetime)
Approval-16th January.

Docs Submitted:
Spouse
• Letter of Explanation
• International Passport (Old with Visa Pages)
• International Passport New
• Employment letters, CV, certificates, and payslips
• Gift Deed and Property Valuation
• CAC
• Upfront Medical Slip
• Statement of Account
• UK PCC
• Nigeria PCC
SON
• Passport
• Birth Certificate
• International Passport
• Daycare confirmation letter
My docs:
• Letter of Invitation
• Passport data page (New)
• Old passport with travel history
• Letter of Invitation
• TRV/ Study permit
• Letter of Admission
• Funding letter
• Employment letter from School for the TA contract
• Letter from Supervisor
• School ID and enrollment letter
• Employment Letter
• Confirmation Letter
• Introductory and Study Leave
• CAC
• SOA
• LEASE AGREEMENT
• UHIP application form
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
• Marriage Certificate
• Change of Name
• Affidavit of Change of Name
• Pictures

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
Does anyone know or have heard about whether SOWP and the accompanying kids (student and visitor visa) need to show POF at POE? Am just trying to think ahead...

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.