Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (800040 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 8:57am On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to still receive mails from IRCC even after one’s application has long been canceled?
Is it also possible to not be notified that one’s application has been canceled?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
Amicableoga:

Pls l need link for the new site

please are we saying that if you have an application on the old site you can still fill another on the new site
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by metrecube(m): 9:28am On Nov 05, 2021
Thank you for this detailed information.
Akannitommy:

Completed all application forms as generated and uploaded as required

Clients Information for Principal Applicant - my wife 34-pages of documents arranged in the following order
4-pages of Statement of Purpose – Planned Family Trip to Montreal, Canada - "written" by my wife cover hers & the kids' travel intents
2-pages of Family Invitation to Join me in Montreal, Canada for a while written by me
1-page Letter of Authorization and Consent to Travel written by me
Original copy of my enrollment verification letter from the Canadian university showing course registrations up until Winter 2022
Letter of support from my PhD research supervisor who is also the graduate program director reaffirming why bringing my family is helpful
Student copy of my academic transcripts to date
Letter of Introduction received with my study permit in November 2019
Scan copy of international passport, visa, and study permit
Stamped bank cover letter (stating approx. $21k CAD) and summary statement for same Canadian account (showing approx. $18k CAD)
My bank statement slips from Nigeria - wife's Naira a/c balance under 1m & showing prior 6-months of turnover with poor financial activity
My bank statement slips from Nigeria - my dorm a/c balance under $500 but showing prior 1-year of turnover with good financial activity
My bank statement slips from Nigeria - my Naira a/c balance under 500k but showing prior 1-year of turnover with good financial activity
Admission letter, teaching assistant-ships, int'l tuition waiver, doctoral fellowship & scholarships totaling about $140k CAD over a 4-years
Copy of my own CAQ - Quebec's provincial eligibility of study certificate --- only application people whose spouses are studying in Quebec
Scan copy of my Social Insurance Number (SIN) print out

Proof of Relationship Documents
Islamic Marriage Certificate - written 90% in Arabic - not translated -- I feared this could be a problem so I tried to translate but was too late
Wife's birth certificate and sworn affidavit of name correction/past name inconsistencies
Newspaper publication of name change for my wife - done few days to submission and 12 years after marriage
Birth certificates for all the kids and I (primary student visa holder)
Family pictures - prior to wedding, casual family pictures early till date with children and they grow

Letter of Acceptance for the kids applying for study permit
Since this was not possible in my case, I saved a pdf of the website page where IRCC declared that kids of international students do not need LOA. I did the same for a page from the Quebec province website were this was also stated. I then highlighted the exact sentences in yellow and merged. It is possible to write a short LOE with few sentences and attach with the IRCC page printout then upload.

Clients Information for Visitor visa applicant - 2 year old
I couldn't find a copy of the client information document for my son who got visitor visa. But I remember any other documents that was excess from their mum's profile went here along with his own specific things -- not sure exactly what these were again. Most documents from my own study visa application showing home ties - properties, assets, business registration, lease in Montreal, resume for the mum - could have been attached elsewhere but am not sure - were all attached here.

Client Information for the kids applying for study permit
NIN Slip/Cards
Testimonials from earlier schools graduated - nursery/primary
Letter of introduction and studentship confirmation from current school in Nigeria - to whom it may concern
Academic transcripts - old and current studies
Email records and reply with local school board about admission stating - "You will only receive the certificate of eligibility once you have submitted all your documents at our office." - which included the kids' visa and study permit.
Other excess documents that was too large to add to the mother's client info document were merged here including the following;
Rent agreement and official receipts of past 5 years of rent payment
Scan copies of family HMO ID and health coverage cards on a single page
Title document, dock receipt and other transaction documents showing purchase of a Tokunbo car and delivered to port in the US to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
the gist of the matter is that if you applied before 7th of september re-apply. if it was after 7th of september and you qualify for this new program (re-uniting with family members in canada) fill the exemption webform and attach all supporting pdf. they will consider it and then prioritise that application that was filed after 7th of september within 14-30 business days

Awas:

please are we saying that if you have an application on the old site you can still fill another on the new site

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
sam4774:
the gist of the matter is that if you applied before 7th of september re-apply. if it was after 7th of september and you qualify for this new program (re-uniting with family members in canada) fill the exemption webform and attach all supporting pdf. they will consider it and then prioritise that application that was filed after 7th of september within 14-30 business days

Please i sent you a message . I am still a little confused.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AnakleCampaigns: 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
Congratulations!!!! is it the exemption thing? please drop the documents submitted to assist the thread in doing this. may Canada favour you.

AnakleCampaigns:
It's PPR for my family's visiting visa!!!

30 days timeline.
A big thank you to Mr. @Frankrobbn1 for your guidance.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Aamabel: 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
AnakleCampaigns:
It's PPR for my family's visiting visa!!!

30 days timeline.
A big thank you to Mr. @Frankrobbn1 for your guidance.
Congratulations !
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AnakleCampaigns: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 10:30am On Nov 06, 2021
Good morning family.
Kindly help with an answer to this question.

babybless44:
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to still receive mails from IRCC even after one’s application has long been canceled?
Is it also possible to not be notified that one’s application has been canceled?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nochyks87: 11:36am On Nov 06, 2021
Please for those that have applied using this new portal, do children under 5 years require IRCC written authorization?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by owee: 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2021
nochyks87:
Please for those that have applied using this new portal, do children under 5 years require IRCC written authorization?

Please is the portal different from the one typically used for other applications?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 2:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
apologies to anybody in my dm's about this visitor visa/spousal open work permit thing. i am extremely busy and not in Naija so time difference is also a factor, i will take pains to properly explain right now and also to encourage discussions on the thread so more people have knowledge and for the growth of this thread as too many discussions have started going offline.

I AM NOT A GURU

spousal open work permit or any work permit applied to Canada from Nigeria takes 29 weeks according to IRCC and can take even more time. visitor visa re-uniting a direct family member that is either a permanent resident or temporary resident (student/worker) decision takes between 14-30 business days.
if you had a visitor visa application before september 7th you will have to reapply and raise a webform.

the instructions are here--https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

and the webform that should be raised after making the new visitor visa application for them to expedite your visitor visa and treat it faster is here --https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

spousal open work permit is a temporary class resident application and visitor visa is thesame i very much doubt that counts as dual intent if you have both of them running at thesame time. this is my personal opinion i am not a VO, but an application that takes maximum 30 days as opposed to an application that can take up to 8 months or more it is pretty obvious which one is more reasonable.

in canada a sowp can be applied for on arrival or when settled in canada.

please follow the links for clearer understanding.

peace

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nairaland1981: 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2021
sam4774:
apologies to anybody in my dm's about this visitor visa/spousal open work permit thing. i am extremely busy and not in Naija so time difference is also a factor, i will take pains to properly explain right now and also to encourage discussions on the thread so more people have knowledge and for the growth of this thread as too many discussions have started going offline.

I AM NOT A GURU

spousal open work permit or any work permit applied to Canada from Nigeria takes 29 weeks according to IRCC and can take even more time. visitor visa re-uniting a direct family member that is either a permanent resident or temporary resident (student/worker) decision takes between 14-30 business days.
if you had a visitor visa application before september 7th you will have to reapply and raise a webform.

the instructions are here--https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

and the webform that should be raised after making the new visitor visa application for them to expedite your visitor visa and treat it faster is here --https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

spousal open work permit is a temporary class resident application and visitor visa is thesame i very much doubt that counts as dual intent if you have both of them running at thesame time. this is my personal opinion i am not a VO, but an application that takes maximum 30 days as opposed to an application that can take up to 8 months or more it is pretty obvious which one is more reasonable.

in[b] canada a sowp can be applied for on arrival or when settled in canada[/b].

peace

@ bolded, I have 4 kids and my wife, can I apply immediately I arrived canada for my study?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:35am On Nov 07, 2021
babybless44:
Good morning family.
Kindly help with an answer to this question.

Kindly re·phrase or explain more regarding your question.
1. It should be a technical glitch, I got a "We're still working on your application." notification from IRCC, while others whose applications have been approved long ago got the same email notification from IRCC.
2. Somethings IRCC doesn't notify you with updates on your application. For application cancellation they should notify and if they don't log into your gckey for further information.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 5:59am On Nov 07, 2021
hello,
I am not seeing any bolded text. however 4 kids and a wife if its visitor you are asking yes you can. if its SOWP and and visitor record/study permit for kids you also can but you will have to prove financials of 10k +4k+3k per child thats 26k CAD atleast to prove that will fly. but it is very doable if money is there.

nairaland1981:

@ bolded, I have 4 kids and my wife, can I apply immediately I arrived canada for my study?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by alowole: 6:36am On Nov 07, 2021
Akannitommy:

Completed all application forms as generated and uploaded as required

Clients Information for Principal Applicant - my wife 34-pages of documents arranged in the following order
4-pages of Statement of Purpose – Planned Family Trip to Montreal, Canada - "written" by my wife cover hers & the kids' travel intents
2-pages of Family Invitation to Join me in Montreal, Canada for a while written by me
1-page Letter of Authorization and Consent to Travel written by me
Original copy of my enrollment verification letter from the Canadian university showing course registrations up until Winter 2022
Letter of support from my PhD research supervisor who is also the graduate program director reaffirming why bringing my family is helpful
Student copy of my academic transcripts to date
Letter of Introduction received with my study permit in November 2019
Scan copy of international passport, visa, and study permit
Stamped bank cover letter (stating approx. $21k CAD) and summary statement for same Canadian account (showing approx. $18k CAD)
My bank statement slips from Nigeria - wife's Naira a/c balance under 1m & showing prior 6-months of turnover with poor financial activity
My bank statement slips from Nigeria - my dorm a/c balance under $500 but showing prior 1-year of turnover with good financial activity
My bank statement slips from Nigeria - my Naira a/c balance under 500k but showing prior 1-year of turnover with good financial activity
Admission letter, teaching assistant-ships, int'l tuition waiver, doctoral fellowship & scholarships totaling about $140k CAD over a 4-years
Copy of my own CAQ - Quebec's provincial eligibility of study certificate --- only application people whose spouses are studying in Quebec
Scan copy of my Social Insurance Number (SIN) print out

Proof of Relationship Documents
Islamic Marriage Certificate - written 90% in Arabic - not translated -- I feared this could be a problem so I tried to translate but was too late
Wife's birth certificate and sworn affidavit of name correction/past name inconsistencies
Newspaper publication of name change for my wife - done few days to submission and 12 years after marriage
Birth certificates for all the kids and I (primary student visa holder)
Family pictures - prior to wedding, casual family pictures early till date with children and they grow

Letter of Acceptance for the kids applying for study permit
Since this was not possible in my case, I saved a pdf of the website page where IRCC declared that kids of international students do not need LOA. I did the same for a page from the Quebec province website were this was also stated. I then highlighted the exact sentences in yellow and merged. It is possible to write a short LOE with few sentences and attach with the IRCC page printout then upload.

Clients Information for Visitor visa applicant - 2 year old
I couldn't find a copy of the client information document for my son who got visitor visa. But I remember any other documents that was excess from their mum's profile went here along with his own specific things -- not sure exactly what these were again. Most documents from my own study visa application showing home ties - properties, assets, business registration, lease in Montreal, resume for the mum - could have been attached elsewhere but am not sure - were all attached here.

Client Information for the kids applying for study permit
NIN Slip/Cards
Testimonials from earlier schools graduated - nursery/primary
Letter of introduction and studentship confirmation from current school in Nigeria - to whom it may concern
Academic transcripts - old and current studies
Email records and reply with local school board about admission stating - "You will only receive the certificate of eligibility once you have submitted all your documents at our office." - which included the kids' visa and study permit.
Other excess documents that was too large to add to the mother's client info document were merged here including the following;
Rent agreement and official receipts of past 5 years of rent payment
Scan copies of family HMO ID and health coverage cards on a single page
Title document, dock receipt and other transaction documents showing purchase of a Tokunbo car and delivered to port in the US to Lagos

@ Akannitommy
Pls can you share with me a sample of your below letter, I need it to guide me on drafting my own for my family

Or anyone that can assist me with the statement of purpose for my wife and children and my own as a draft.

Kindly send to me jossycastor@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 9:12am On Nov 07, 2021
Thanks; I appreciate!

lightswitch007:

Kindly re·phrase or explain more regarding your question.
1. It should be a technical glitch, I got a "We're still working on your application." notification from IRCC, while others whose applications have been approved long ago got the same email notification from IRCC.
2. Somethings IRCC doesn't notify you with updates on your application. For application cancellation they should notify and if they don't log into your gckey for further information.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nairaland1981: 9:51am On Nov 07, 2021
sam4774:
hello,
I am not seeing any bolded text. however 4 kids and a wife if its visitor you are asking yes you can. if its SOWP and and visitor record/study permit for kids you also can but you will have to prove financials of 10k +4k+3k per child thats 26k CAD atleast to prove that will fly. but it is very doable if money is there.

Thanks Sam

26k per child is huge ooo. That's means 104k for the 4 kids.

I have applied for fall 2022 admission. I hope to get visa and move them as soon as i settled
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
no ooo i said 26k total! lol if it was that much indians and nigerians wont be plenty in Canada. according to IRCC it is 10k CAD plus 4k plus a significant other and then 3k per child. thats how the figure came about, all this is excluding flight, miscellaneous and school tuition

nairaland1981:

Thanks Sam

26k per child is huge ooo. That's means 104k for the 4 kids.

I have applied for fall 2022 admission. I hope to get visa and move them as soon as i settled
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nairaland1981: 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
sam4774:
no ooo i said 26k total! lol if it was that much indians and nigerians wont be plenty in Canada. according to IRCC it is 10k CAD plus 4k plus a significant other and then 3k per child. thats how the figure came about, all this is excluding flight, miscellaneous and school tuition

Thank you Sam...its doable then. Please pray for me to get the visa.

I really appreciate your response.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 12:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
Omo waiting for this PPR is hard o....been since April....he nor easy o.....been six months now o....it isn't an easy wait....Canada please nah....God let it all end in praise o

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marpol: 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wifey going for Masters in New Brunswick and will be accompanied by last born.

Someone is recommending visitors visa for me and my 2 boys to join her instead of SOWP.

Is it possible to convert TRV to SOWP and has anyone done this before?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
you are welcome, you will get it by God's grace!

nairaland1981:

Thank you Sam...its doable then. Please pray for me to get the visa.

I really appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
Evening All

Would like to clarify the attached clipped from cic webpage which clearly stat3s kids can school on top of parents study permit i.e kids with Visitors visa can school on thier parents permit. there has been different opinions on this varying from u need study visa for kids as someone confirmed from his/her school immigration advisor to the other end of the spectrum i.e its not required as even confirmed my entry point immigration officer

So my question is for those who currently have thier study permit and kids are with them on Visitors visa

1. Did u have to notify the authorities at any point or ur kids continued schooling on Visitors visa

2. Usually there is a 6 month limit on Visitors visa. i guess most would renew kids vistor visa inside canada and if so,was there any issues raised by immigration or if this was simply converted to study permit at renewal point?

3.for those who may have finished thier studies and now in wirk permit phase of thier stay,did the kids schooling on study permit bring up any issue

It would be great to hear experiences of those who have gone through this as non Visitors visa for secondary application put in later in raking forever to process

Note:Education up to 18 years or so is mandated by canadian law hence illegal for kids to not be in school so in a way,that can be argued to override if the kids are on study permit or not

Hoping for the house guidance

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
Same here my brother. It’s not really easy at all and it’s affecting my marriage. Thank God hubby came to 9ja and he’ll be with me this month before he travels back to Canada.

I applied since April 16th. When in April did you apply?

corleone427:
Omo waiting for this PPR is hard o....been since April....he nor easy o.....been six months now o....it isn't an easy wait....Canada please nah....God let it all end in praise o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Hollushola(m): 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
corleone427:

Mine is since May. It’s been like forever. Has your eligibility started?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by debbzJay: 2:31am On Nov 08, 2021
Hi everyone, I recently came into Canada on a student visa and would like to apply for my family to join me.
Based on the current trend, applying for a visitors permit seems faster than applying for a sowp. Please what's the expected proof of funds to apply for visitors visa for my husband and 2 kids and can I also apply through the new link?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 5:01am On Nov 08, 2021
corleone427:

Not easy at all o. Very frustrating. Been waiting since May. It is well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 8:22am On Nov 08, 2021
debbzJay:
Hi everyone, I recently came into Canada on a student visa and would like to apply for my family to join me.
Based on the current trend, applying for a visitors permit seems faster than applying for a sowp. Please what's the expected proof of funds to apply for visitors visa for my husband and 2 kids and can I also apply through the new link?

Which province? All provinces except quebec requires 10k for you 4k for your hubby and 3k for each child making 20k cad. But for quebec 11k for you 5k for hubby, 4k each per child. 24k cad total
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
sam4774:

I AM NOT A GURU

in canada a sowp can be applied for on arrival or when settled in canada.

what if you applied for open spouse permit and study visa for the children. Can we fill the travel exempt also.

peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: shayubobo and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.