Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803688 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 6:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
God is faithful oh, I just got medical request for my 2 children. I applied for SOWP for my husband and 2 kids. I am yet to get anything for my husband though but I am positive that it is going well. My family applied October 8th and my husband did his Biometrics Oct 12.

This is a good sign for my hubby's application right? Seeing that he is the primary applicant?

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
Amen ooooooo

Reseptie:
@ babybless44 Thank you so much ,yours will come sooooooon .Cant wait to celebrate with you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 11:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
Congratulations brother!

blcoolfemol:
Alhamdulilah Robil Alameen. To God will always be the glory. At last, after eleven months of waiting, PPR finally dropped today for SOWP and visitor. No thanks to IRCC (lol). The office of my MP has been so helpful and supportive, I kept on pestering her.

Please for those that got PPR recently, how did you submit your passports, physical or courier service and what are the documents submitted?

Biko nu

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kenon1: 11:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
Congratulations dear.

KingKitchener1:
To God be the glory, PPR finally dropped .
SOWP , 2 SPs and a Visitor visa.
Online application submitted 15th May
Medical Passed: 19th May
Eligibility Review started :5th September
PPR: 22nd Nov.
This requires lot of patience and of course prayers.
I pray that as many that are awaiting PPRs for thier families., they shall come very soon by the special grace of God. Thanks to my Nairaland family, you guys are awesome. Special thanks to my brother and friend, Akannitommy for his supports.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kenon1: 11:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
Congratulations dear.

Reseptie:
Its PPRRRRRR OOOO

Thank you Jesus, oh thank you Jesus.

I applied for SOWP for myself and Visitor's visa for my son , submitted when my spouse was still in Nigeria and he left for Canada August. Even though, I read on here to wait till he gets to Canada but i just did not want to take chances and backed it up with prayers,trust me i got tired most of the time because of the wait. Anyhoo... God has done it oooooh.

The week my spouse travelled, he sent me his study permit and i uploaded it for myself and my son via webform and also via email. After submission on the 1st of June, when my spouse got to Canada in August i added the following docs:

SIN

Study Permit

Timeline

June 1st Application Submitted (Mine and son)
June 4th Upfront medical updated (upfront medical)
November 19th. IRCC requested for additional docs (Birth Cert for my son and consent letter from his Dad to allow him travel with me)
November 23rd: BVL and PPR (was sent about 20mins apart)

Documents submitted

All IMM forms

Explanation letter for me

Letter of support from my spouse written separately for me and my son

Spouse stamped visa

Spouse 1st semester transcript/result

Marriage certs and some family pictures

Statement of account

Investment account

Admission letter for my spouse

Evidence of full tuition paid for my spouse

Son's birth cert

Letter from employer and pay slips

Medical slip (Updated medical)

Copies of our international passports, previous/current travel visas

Police clearance cert

My academic credentials

Resume

News paper publication for name change

Requested for 1st GCMS note in August received on the 30th of October in that GCMS note eligibility was blank, medical and criminality passed while my info sharing was still in progress

Second GCMS on the 27th of October yet to receive it

IRCC requested for consent letter and birth certificate for my son 19th of November ,sent same day

Eligibility review started for my son and I on the 19th of November

Sent all sorts of emails and enquiries contacted a couple of MPs (Kitchener and London Ontario sent enquiries to IRCC on our behalf too).The MP in London ,Ontario contacted IRCC for us in October and they came back to say they would finalize our application in January 2022 ,I said abi they were joking ni, well instead of getting mad at the messenger sebi na help he kuku do me. I took the response and processing time he mentioned to Jesus.

Before then, i requested for travel exemption for my son and I got an authorisation as per subject of the email in September 2021 for my son only. In the course of this application, i also renewed my Nigerian Passport because the one i applied with was meant to expire January 2022, after the renewal i updated it with a webform.

If your spouse has a Study TRV for now abeg apply ooooooooo ,i did and God did it for me and my son, he will do yours too.Waiting on God to come through was not easy, i was strong and weak at the same, seeing people share their testimonies here i did wonder when mine would land ,finally it has landed and i just want to say thank you to Abba Father.

I am writing this to encourage my peeps that are waiting because our peeps that shared their Sowp journey also encouraged me while I waited for mine. I would not say you should not worry cause arghh mo worry gan ni but try not to worry too much which I know is easier said than done and I prayed, I stopped praying and I continued praying again,God i prayedddddddddd .(KO FUNNY RARA)

It ended in praise and the lord crowned us with his goodness.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kenon1: 11:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Congratulations dear.

blcoolfemol:
Alhamdulilah Robil Alameen. To God will always be the glory. At last, after eleven months of waiting, PPR finally dropped today for SOWP and visitor. No thanks to IRCC (lol). The office of my MP has been so helpful and supportive, I kept on pestering her.

Please for those that got PPR recently, how did you submit your passports, physical or courier service and what are the documents submitted?

Biko nu

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 11:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
elizyous:
God is faithful oh, I just got medical request for my 2 children. I applied for SOWP for my husband and 2 kids. I am yet to get anything for my husband though but I am positive that it is going well. My family applied October 8th and my husband did his Biometrics Oct 12.

This is a good sign for my hubby's application right? Seeing that he is the primary applicant?

congratulations!!!! did you apply for visiting for the children or study?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 12:29am On Nov 25, 2021
Thank you. It is study visa. They are 11 and 9. Na my husband own I dey wait for like this. Luckily,we had already booked for medicals since last month and they are scheduled to go on Nov 29.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 12:30am On Nov 25, 2021
Thank you. It is study visa. They are 11 and 9. Na my husband own I dey wait for like this. Luckily,we had already booked for medicals since last month and they are scheduled to go on Nov 29.

Awas:

congratulations!!!! did you apply for visiting for the children or study?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 2:56am On Nov 25, 2021
Canada has over 1.8 million backlog applications. This is responsible for the delay
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 3:05am On Nov 25, 2021
elizyous:

Congratulations!!!!! his own is coming very soon.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 4:32am On Nov 25, 2021
Amen!! Thanks so much.

Awas:

Congratulations!!!!! his own is coming very soon.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 5:08am On Nov 25, 2021
Congrats. Did you mean the kids have not done medical before they got PPR? Whatever the case, send their passport and include explanation letter that their father's application is pending and request that it be expedited since kids can't travel alone.

Write email to nairobi saying the same and also raise web form for same reason. But DO NOT send your PASSPORT yet. Send only for the kids ASAP using return courier to Abuja. It will return within a week and if you do as said there is a good chance you will get hubby's PPR after the kid's passport is stamped. Don't forget to pay transmission fees for each kid (now N9,410 each) and put a photocopy of the hubby's biometric slip - don't put the original since it will be critical for submitting hubby's passport later. Reference this copy in your LOE addressed to the Embassy through the VAC/VFS. Treat them like kids in explaining these things. They don't use initiatives at all. Most of them na ROBOT.

However, these all depend on whether the kids have done medicals or not because they are required to do it even in the rare case that they already got approved and PPR.

elizyous:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ifychybrian: 5:30am On Nov 25, 2021
Awas:

You applied from nigeria ?
Yes
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 5:31am On Nov 25, 2021
Abuja address -
Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District
Abuja - Nigeria

Get an envelope and put the following inside and take to DHL office.

Put two photocopies of your passport data page

Your yellow or white or blue biometrics slip

Copy of passport request letter

4-page Consent form downloaded from VFS website sign the 2nd page only for each applicant (I think 2 copies each but not sure). Note: you are signing just the second page of the consent form

Print out receipts of the transmission fee for each passport sent (just increased to N9,410 each)

Passport itself

one plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number i.e. the main applicant or adult in charge - just one person that covers the family.

You are paying the transmission fee if you are using Abuja and you didn’t do your biometric captured there (and vice versa). If you are sending to Lagos, (and its where you had your biometric) no need for transmission fees.

Pay transmission fee to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION bank account (a/c no 0065165839) Sterling Bank.

Copied and updated from old chats with our dear lady "Lianna" cheesy

blcoolfemol:

Biko nu

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 6:11am On Nov 25, 2021
Please I have a question: Does a SOWP gets attended to faster if there are dependents on the application compared to just an application for a spouse?
sam4774:
whats funny is that the open work permits they are attending to always have an attached application to it. i really have not seen any stand alone PPR yet. and that processing time when i saw it i realised just how rude IRCC is �. i done tiya

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 6:26am On Nov 25, 2021
from the trend so far its literally the only type of SOWP that is being attended to, so its very fast.

atoke2021:
Please I have a question: Does a SOWP gets attended to faster if there are dependents on the application compared to just an application for a spouse?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blcoolfemol: 8:39am On Nov 25, 2021
Thank you so much for this, I am really grateful. For a spouse and 3 kids, I will pay about (N9410 X 4 = N37,640) and attached the receipt in the envelope. Is this what you meant right?

Akannitommy:
Abuja address -
Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District
Abuja - Nigeria

Get an envelope and put the following inside and take to DHL office.

Put two photocopies of your passport data page

Your yellow or white or blue biometrics slip

Copy of passport request letter

4-page Consent form downloaded from VFS website sign the 2nd page only for each applicant (I think 2 copies each but not sure). Note: you are signing just the second page of the consent form

Print out receipts of the transmission fee for each passport sent (just increased to N9,410 each)

Passport itself

one plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number i.e. the main applicant or adult in charge - just one person that covers the family.

You are paying the transmission fee if you are using Abuja and you didn’t do your biometric captured there (and vice versa). If you are sending to Lagos, (and its where you had your biometric) no need for transmission fees.

Pay transmission fee to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION bank account (a/c no 0065165839) Sterling Bank.

Copied and updated from old chats with our dear lady "Lianna" cheesy

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 8:55am On Nov 25, 2021
Oh wow, i really hope they are looking at all SOWP. This is scary.
sam4774:
from the trend so far its literally the only type of SOWP that is being attended to, so its very fast.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
Yes, but pay each separately and put the names of person as reference/narration for each payment. Don't make it a single payment as those people are not imaginative, they work like robots. My theory is to avoid anything that requires them to think for you especially if you are doing return courier. They don't like the fact you are not paying them excess to do the courier in-house so any error or perceived error, they send back your package to you.

blcoolfemol:
Thank you so much for this, I am really grateful. For a spouse and 3 kids, I will pay about (N9410 X 4 = N37,640) and attached the receipt in the envelope. Is this what you meant right?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blcoolfemol: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
Thank you so much. I am really grateful. May God Almighty reward you abundantly. Aaameen!

Akannitommy:
Yes, but pay each separately and put the names of person as reference/narration for each payment. Don't make it a single payment as those people are not imaginative, they work like robots. My theory is to avoid anything that requires them to think for you especially if you are doing return courier. They don't like the fact you are not paying them excess to do the courier in-house so any error or perceived error, they send back your package to you.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
Please for those of us that have gotten their PPR please ejor put the rest of us waiting in your prayers....please pray for us that we won't wait in vain o....pray for us that as you guys have come here to testify we too will also come and testify....abeg we need prayers make the good news dey reach everybody dey go like that

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
blcoolfemol:

Biko nu

11 months Jesu!....and me am just in the seventh month and I done dey complain......Omo this PPR thing nor be small war o...them say nah here the fight dey....say the rest nah child's play

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 5:57am On Nov 26, 2021
Thank you sir, its actually Medicals they requested for from my kids. But from trends, I know that once medical is requested PPR is sure. Thank you for the info, I will save it and use once everything sets completely. �

Akannitommy:
Congrats. Did you mean the kids have not done medical before they got PPR? Whatever the case, send their passport and include explanation letter that their father's application is pending and request that it be expedited since kids can't travel alone.

Write email to nairobi saying the same and also raise web form for same reason. But DO NOT send your PASSPORT yet. Send only for the kids ASAP using return courier to Abuja. It will return within a week and if you do as said there is a good chance you will get hubby's PPR after the kid's passport is stamped. Don't forget to pay transmission fees for each kid (now N9,410 each) and put a photocopy of the hubby's biometric slip - don't put the original since it will be critical for submitting hubby's passport later. Reference this copy in your LOE addressed to the Embassy through the VAC/VFS. Treat them like kids in explaining these things. They don't use initiatives at all. Most of them na ROBOT.

However, these all depend on whether the kids have done medicals or not because they are required to do it even in the rare case that they already got approved and PPR.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afesco: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2021
Good day everyone.I applied for a job in Canada few weeks ago with the help of my brother dt works over there. I was sent a message to go do my Physical Ability Test which I have done n I have sent them d results of d test as requested. I want to know what next to expect n to advise me accordingly. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Divyeah2410(m): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hello all of you!!!!!1
I applied SOWP application and here is my timeline.
File submitted- 2nd Augest-2021 with pre medical.

Bio- 25th August and after that no update. waiting for PPR.........

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2021
Welcome.
Divyeah2410:
Hello all of you!!!!!1
I applied SOWP application and here is my timeline.
File submitted- 2nd Augest-2021 with pre medical.

Bio- 25th August and after that no update. waiting for PPR.........

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hello Nairalanders, special greetings to you all.
Pls fams, help with the following information for my SOWP.

1. Is there any other letters besides LOE and LOI for my SOWP application?

2. Since I'm the father taking the kids to join my wife do I need Letter of consent/Authorization from my wife?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2021
elizyous:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
I can’t wait to rejoice with you .
corleone427:
Please for those of us that have gotten their PPR please ejor put the rest of us waiting in your prayers....please pray for us that we won't wait in vain o....pray for us that as you guys have come here to testify we too will also come and testify....abeg we need prayers make the good news dey reach everybody dey go like that

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
Yes you do.

Three letters for sowp with kids

Letter of invitation
Letter of authorization / consent
Letter of explanation
Safetysmile:
Hello Nairalanders, special greetings to you all.
Pls fams, help with the following information for my SOWP.

1. Is there any other letters besides LOE and LOI for my SOWP application?

2. Since I'm the father taking the kids to join my wife do I need Letter of consent/Authorization from my wife?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 12:53am On Nov 27, 2021
GOD bless you beautiful soul.

Lianna2020:
Yes you do.

Three letters for sowp with kids

Letter of invitation
Letter of authorization / consent
Letter of explanation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.