Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (799665 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dikadubai: 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2022
babybless44:
Congratulations!

please can I have your email I would want you to direct me on the process of sowp.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dikadubai: 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2022
Greetings house. I'm new here. Please I need advice and guidance. I'm married with 4 kid's. I have waec and neco result and my wife have waec and neco and ND. I will be 32 years by may. I have strong home ties and personal assets. I'm about to apply for admission in the king's university located in Edmonton Alberta. I want to know would it be better to apply with my neco or waec or should I use my wife as the primary applican. We want to go at the same time. I have a sponsor also I have good statement of account with closing balance. I have traveled to Dubai 2 time's although I lost my international carrying the Dubai visa stamps but I have the entry permit papers for the Dubai visa. Or should I apply for my wife who's is 22 years then add myself as accompany. We have sponsorship and I have some money in my personal account. Please advise me on the best thing to do. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
Please house I have a question to ask.

There is an application with a medical status that says : You passed the medical exam

After 5 days it changed to:

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes

Please has anyone experienced this before and what could this mean ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dikadubai: 1:41am On Jan 16, 2022
Please how and where can I get Canada student visa form if I'm following the paper route.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nifnifemi: 5:49am On Jan 16, 2022
Hello Everyone, I know how getting an apartment can be tiring and frustrating when coming to Canada, most people go to the extent of booking Airbnb which is expensive. Why not Dm me so I can help you book for an apartment specific Surrey BC before your arrival in Canada for a little Fee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by owolabia: 4:48pm On Jan 16, 2022
elizyous:
It has ended in praise oh!!!! PPR alert for my husband's SOWP application!!!

Oh Thank you JESUS!! WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST OH!!!

I will come back to testify. Make I close work first. Please join me to thank this Mighty God!!! This testimony will reach everyone waiting on God for their testimony! Amen!!!

Congratulations

Please share list of documents you submitted
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cannyonyi: 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2022
Congratulations !!!
Please give us complete timeline
it's like they are attending to sowp now....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bolarge717(m): 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
SilaV:

Whao! Good to know that it's very competitive. I don't think Open Work Permit needs an LMIA based on this link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=176&top=17( please, correct me if things have changed).
I applied alongside with my family from outside Nigeria, and we got approved for study permit and Spouse Open Work Permit respectively.The application timeline is between August,2020 and November,2020.

Hello. Did you apply for the study permit and sowp together ?
Just how much did you spend. Did you require a different pof for you and madam? Or just one ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 8:16am On Jan 17, 2022
House please....In applying for a vistor's visa for a spouse, is the documentation the same as that of spouse open work permit?

Is applying for SOWP from Canada faster than when applying from outside Canada?

Thanks

Best Regards
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Classicolly48: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2022
Congratulations dear
Chisolove3:
Congratulations dear

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 3:21am On Jan 18, 2022
I have been trying to get the Drivers licence authentication letter for over a month now but it seems so difficult to get as the FRSC officials I have been communicating with keep procrastinating day after day. I want to use this letter to process my Drivers Licence in Ontario, Canada and I am traveling this Friday. Can anyone help with someone reliable I can talk to in FRSC to process this document for me? Your assistance in this regard will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 6:45am On Jan 18, 2022
LadyBlaq:
Anyone?

Hi LadyBlaq? Any news about your hubby's application yet? Mine will be a month on Friday like play. It is well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nochyks87: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
DeeWan:
I have been trying to get the Drivers licence authentication letter for over a month now but it seems so difficult to get as the FRSC officials I have been communicating with keep procrastinating day after day. I want to use this letter to process my Drivers Licence in Ontario, Canada and I am traveling this Friday. Can anyone help with someone reliable I can talk to in FRSC to process this document for me? Your assistance in this regard will be appreciated.

Send me a DM. I have a reliable official that delivered my own authentication without stories. I hope your driver's license in naija is still valid.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
MsJanez01:

Hi LadyBlaq? Any news about your hubby's application yet? Mine will be a month on Friday like play. It is well

Nothing o my sister, ours is a month and 10 days today... cry
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2022
nochyks87:

Send me a DM. I have a reliable official that delivered my own authentication without stories. I hope your driver's license in naija is still valid.

I have sent you a DM. Kindly respond as it is urgent. I hope the person will be able to deliver before I travel. Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HonWise(m): 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2022
sam4774:
LANDING GIST

I booked Ethiopian Airlines for the 5th because it was the cheapest flight that i could buy the day before as i had just received my passport back.

Please how long before getting your passport back? Lagos or Abuja Office?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iamacon: 5:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
I give glory to God Almighty.
Silent reader, I created a new profile to share this good news as I could no longer access my old account.
Family application for a family of three (3)- To reunite with Spouse, a student.
First time application on the new IRCC portal. No previous application on GC Key.
Visitor’s visa for spouse.
Study permit for the minors.
Date of Application – October 31, 2021
Biometrics completed – November 3, 2021
PPR for Spouse’s Visit visa – January 14, 2022
PPR for Minors Study permit – January 19, 2022.
I wish everyone awaiting feedback success.
Thank God.

16 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
Thank you so much..... After our conversation on phone, I discovered you are a learner. I am too hard to fall for your tricks.
nochyks87:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anon123: 10:26pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please guys, i have a friend that applied for SOWP for the wife since october, medicals has been updated as passed in Nov but since then, nothing. Please any advise or clues on how to get the application moving.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 2:16am On Jan 20, 2022
jogojogo:
House please....In applying for a vistor's visa for a spouse, is the documentation the same as that of spouse open work permit?

Thanks

Best Regards

Someone respond to this please....I beg
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:37am On Jan 20, 2022
abuja is a week give or take and lagos is like 2 weeks

HonWise:

Please how long before getting your passport back? Lagos or Abuja Office?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nochyks87: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2022
DeeWan:
Thank you so much..... After our conversation on phone, I discovered you are a learner. I am too hard to fall for your tricks.

If really you think you can discredit my name, kindly upload your proof that I am up to tricks. I know how many people have used the same man I gave you his contact. There's only one place to get that authentication and it's Abuja. Ask anyone on nairaland. If you are really serious call me on video so I can show you mine. I don't have time for kid games.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
Congratulations to your family..
I am presently in Canada with my child, I want my husband to apply for a visit using the new portal, please can you give me some of the tips used in applying for your husband's visa?
Thank you.

Iamacon:
Silent reader, I created a new profile to share this good news as I could no longer access my old account.
Family application for a family of three (3)- To reunite with Spouse, a student.
First time application on the new IRCC portal. No previous application on GC Key.
Thank God.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2022
Congratulations..
This is a good news but for the new portal Visit Visa timeline is becoming months.

Pls did you mention the month you intend to travel in your application and did you contact ircc when it exceeded 14 - 31 business days?

Iamacon:
Thank God.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
You can't get any authentication letter from anywhere in Nigeria. FRSC has stopped it!

What it entails now is that, you will apply for it while in Canada.

So pls don't "introduce" what is not any longer.

nochyks87:

If really you think you can discredit my name, kindly upload your proof that I am up to tricks. I know how many people have used the same man I gave you his contact. There's only one place to get that authentication and it's Abuja. Ask anyone on nairaland. If you are really serious call me on video so I can show you mine. I don't have time for kid games.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Hello team
Is anyone experiencing any issues logging to his/her gckey since today ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2022
Can someone post the new link here please
I mean, the link for applying for visitor's visa
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2022

Thanks

Best Regards
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2022
Safetysmile:
You can't get any authentication letter from anywhere in Nigeria. FRSC has stopped it!

What it entails now is that, you will apply for it while in Canada.

So pls don't "introduce" what is not any longer.

Thank you so much. The same man he introduced to me requested for the sum of 45k for Drivers Licence Authentication. Can you imagine? It was so easy for me to detect his cheap dubious trick.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
jogojogo:

Thanks

Best Regards

I beg na....someone respond to me please and please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 10:58pm On Jan 20, 2022
Your LOE and evidence of fully vaccinated are just the difference.

And yes SOWP can be said to be faster within Canada. But having a timeline of 3 - 4months in Nigeria, is also good but not certain.

jogojogo:

I beg na....someone respond to me please and please

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.