Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (805262 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
45k just like that, it is well!

DeeWan:

Thank you so much. The same man he introduced to me requested for the sum of 45k for Drivers Licence Authentication. Can you imagine? It was so easy for me to detect his cheap dubious trick.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2022
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

jogojogo:
Can someone post the new link here please
I mean, the link for applying for visitor's visa
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 5:16am On Jan 21, 2022
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 5:50am On Jan 21, 2022
Safetysmile:
45k just like that, it is well!

He has failed. Amen �
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anon123: 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
Please guys, i have a friend that applied for SOWP for the wife since october, medicals has been updated as passed in Nov but since then, nothing. Please any advise or clues on how to get the application moving.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
Anon123:
Please guys, i have a friend that applied for SOWP for the wife since october, medicals has been updated as passed in Nov but since then, nothing. Please any advise or clues on how to get the application moving.

have the eligibilty review started?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Nothing o my sister, ours is a month and 10 days today... cry

Babes any luck? My friend just received hers tody applied 23rd
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2022
Iamacon:
I give glory to God Almighty.
Silent reader, I created a new profile to share this good news as I could no longer access my old account.
Family application for a family of three (3)- To reunite with Spouse, a student.
First time application on the new IRCC portal. No previous application on GC Key.
Visitor’s visa for spouse.
Study permit for the minors.
Date of Application – October 31, 2021
Biometrics completed – November 3, 2021
PPR for Spouse’s Visit visa – January 14, 2022
PPR for Minors Study permit – January 19, 2022.
I wish everyone awaiting feedback success.
Thank God.

Wow! Congratulations � thought the new portal was faster than this. This people no just get pattern
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Residentourist: 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2022
Join me in celebrating God's faithfulness because what he cannot do indeed does not exist!!!
SOWP and study visa applications approved same day!!!

My husband's  SOWP and my 11year old son study permit got approved after the 3rd attempt.
First attempt 2016 we all applied as a family and were all bounced on purpose of visit and home ties. After I got my study permit approved in June 2021 we reapplied  on
11 July 2021 - visitors visa for hubby and study permit for kids
Refused 29th September

Reapplied October 29 before the GCMS notes came because it was delayed.
Medical for my husband November 15 ( my son had done his medicals earlier)
Medical passed November 22
GCMS notes finally came in late November- December 2021 (applied for hubby and the kids and they all came at different dates, one even came in the middle of December) GCMS notes showed the VO was concerned about the cost implications of running 2 homes and home ties.
Luckily all those concerns had been adequately tackled in the SOP during reapplication.
In the course of waiting a friend who had also applied for study permit for her kids decided to try out the new IRCC portal and got her kids visitor visa approved in 7days so we decided to give it a try too. Visitor visa application was done on the 19th of December 2021...then another round of waiting commenced.
Eligibility 20/01/2022 (noticed my son's medical was passed on that date)

PPRs January 21, 2022!!!

Documents submitted
All relevant IMM forms
Bank statements
Title Documents of properties
Investment certificates
Pension Documents
Letter of employment and promotions
Letter of introduction from employer
Payslips
Receipt of my school fees
My study permit and my kids visitors records
Int'l passports
SOP
Letter of introduction from me.
We wrote to CIC twice and filled out webform once last week and most of the messages were not even delivered. Letter to MP has also not been acknowledged
This can only be God!

@lianna2020 @ bukky @frankrobbn thanks for being amazing!

15 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2022
MsJanez01:

Babes any luck? My friend just received hers tody applied 23rd
Atleast some persons are still getting positive responses, congrats to them. We remain hopeful...Application is still in process, form what I gathered, complex applications take longer time, I wonder what is complex about my application. cry cry cry
God have mercy on us...

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GbemiBukk(f): 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2022
Congrats sis
Residentourist:
Join me in celebrating God's faithfulness because what he cannot do indeed does not exist!!!

My husband's  SOWP and my 11year old son study permit got approved after the 3rd attempt.
First attempt 2016 we all applied as a family and were all bounced on purpose of visit and home ties. After I got my study permit approved in June 2021 we reapplied  on
Refused 29th September

GCMS notes finally came in late November- December 2021 (applied for hubby and the kids and they all came at different dates, one even came in the middle of December) GCMS notes showed the VO was concerned about the cost implications of running 2 homes and home ties.
Luckily all those concerns had been adequately tackled in the SOP during reapplication.
In the course of waiting a friend who had also applied for study permit for her kids decided to try out the new IRCC portal and got her kids visitor visa approved in 7days so we decided to give it a try too. Visitor visa application was done on the 19th of December 2021...then another round of waiting commenced.

PPRs January 21, 2022!!!

Documents submitted
All relevant IMM forms
Bank statements
Investment certificates
Pension Documents
Payslips
Int'l passports
SOP
We wrote to CIC twice and filled out webform once last week and most of the messages were not even delivered. Letter to MP has also not been acknowledged
This can only be God!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2022
LadyBlaq:
Atleast some persons are still getting positive responses, congrats to them. We remain hopeful...Application is still in process, form what I gathered, complex applications take longer time, I wonder what is complex about my application. cry cry cry
God have mercy on us...

My dear.. forget that complex gist. Its just depends on who is handling your application. My friend applied for her husband and 2 kids and got approved within a month mine that is just hubby is over a month. Nothing about complex its just grace

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2022
Good evening friends.
Is this new link useful for only visitor's visa alone or can be used for other applications like the sowp?

Are the required documents the same for both visitor's visa and sowp?

Does applying for sowp from inside Canada get faster response than when applying for outside Nigeria?

I want to beg us not to ignore the questions.
This about the 3rx time and posting the same question without responses
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
Go to end of the previous page for one of the answers.

I read on their site that it can be used for Visitor’s visa, study permit, but sowp not inclusive.

When you click on the site, you will learn more about it. 1 hour on the site will clear many grey areas pls.

jogojogo:
Good evening friends.
Is this new link useful for only visitor's visa alone or can be used for other applications like the sowp?

Are the required documents the same for both visitor's visa and sowp?

Does applying for sowp from inside Canada get faster response than when applying for outside Nigeria?

I want to beg us not to ignore the questions.
This about the 3rx time and posting the same question without responses
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 1:14am On Jan 22, 2022
congratulations .....strive in Canada ..
My question is what is the duration of stay you filled when applying (for how long did you indicate) @lamacon
Iamacon:
I give glory to God Almighty.
Silent reader, I created a new profile to share this good news as I could no longer access my old account.
Family application for a family of three (3)- To reunite with Spouse, a student.
First time application on the new IRCC portal. No previous application on GC Key.
Visitor’s visa for spouse.
Study permit for the minors.
Date of Application – October 31, 2021
Biometrics completed – November 3, 2021
PPR for Spouse’s Visit visa – January 14, 2022
PPR for Minors Study permit – January 19, 2022.
I wish everyone awaiting feedback success.
Thank God.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 1:27am On Jan 22, 2022
nice congratulations ...Pls can i get the link for webform for an SOWP application
Residentourist:

Refused 29th September

PPRs January 21, 2022!!!

Documents submitted
All relevant IMM forms
Bank statements
Investment certificates
Pension Documents
Payslips
Int'l passports
SOP
This can only be God!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MG007: 3:54am On Jan 22, 2022
Hello my Nairaland family, pls I just got to Canada this month, barely 3 weeks now . I am trying to apply for SOWP. Pls I need help with the letter of intent. Any help or referrals will be of tremendous help. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oviosa321(m): 7:06am On Jan 22, 2022
There is a Canadian Resident I know who will be able to help her name is Seyi Obasi if you need her contact you can reply this
MG007:
Hello my Nairaland family, pls I just got to Canada this month, barely 3 weeks now . I am trying to apply for SOWP. Pls I need help with the letter of intent. Any help or referrals will be of tremendous help. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MG007: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
Oviosa321:
There is a Canadian Resident I know who will be able to help her name is Seyi Obasi if you need her contact you can reply this
pls I do, thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mamatee2: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
Congratulations Residentourist!

Residentourist:

Refused 29th September

PPRs January 21, 2022!!!

Documents submitted
All relevant IMM forms
Bank statements
Investment certificates
Pension Documents
Payslips
Int'l passports
SOP
This can only be God!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anon123: 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
deepwater:

have the eligibilty review started?

noo not yet
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iamacon: 7:26am On Jan 23, 2022
Thank you @Safetysmile

Yes, I provided travel dates (it was for December, 2021) and we started sending mails and webforms after 30 business days. Got only 1 reply.

Safetysmile:
Congratulations..
This is a good news but for the new portal Visit Visa timeline is becoming months.

Pls did you mention the month you intend to travel in your application and did you contact ircc when it exceeded 14 - 31 business days?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iamacon: 7:29am On Jan 23, 2022
Thank you @MzJanez01

IRCC seemed to be swamped now, both on the new and old portal.

MsJanez01:

Wow! Congratulations � thought the new portal was faster than this. This people no just get pattern
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iamacon: 7:31am On Jan 23, 2022
Thank you @afrobrown2000

A month for the Spouse as the person will be assisting to settle in and return to work thereafter. We stated the kids will be staying behind hence the Study permit application.

afrobrown2000:
congratulations .....strive in Canada ..
My question is what is the duration of stay you filled when applying (for how long did you indicate) @lamacon

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2022
Safetysmile:

I read on their site that it can be used for Visitor’s visa, study permit, but sowp not inclusive.

When you click on the site, you will learn more about it. 1 hour on the site will clear many grey areas pls.
I really grateful @ safety smile

Thank

Best Regards

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 7:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Thanks so much @ safetysmil
Safetysmile:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
Kindly reply this please:
Does applying for sowp from inside Canada make request faster than when applying from outside Canada or precisely Nigeria
Safetysmile:
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 12:02am On Jan 24, 2022
With information gathered yes.

jogojogo:
Kindly reply this please:
Does applying for sowp from inside Canada make request faster than when applying from outside Canada or precisely Nigeria
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 12:05am On Jan 24, 2022
You welcome.

K, thanks for response.

Iamacon:
Thank you @Safetysmile

Yes, I provided travel dates (it was for December, 2021) and we started sending mails and webforms after 30 business days. Got only 1 reply.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 1:15am On Jan 24, 2022
Thanks @ safetysmile
That will be nice if my Nigerian statement of account will be accepted even if I am applying from Canada
Safetysmile:
With information gathered yes.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 7:03am On Jan 24, 2022
What payment options are available for visa application apart from card?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 10:33am On Jan 24, 2022
Hello my fellows: I am totally confused and seems lost on some vital procedure in applying for spouse open work permit for my spouse and three kids (all above 5years).

How will this be handled please?
Apply for sowp for my spouse
Apply for study permit for kids

Or there is a specific platform that treats the whole request as single?

At the moment, we initiated the process for my spouse and I have been trying to initiate for my kids but can;t find the option for me to proceed

I have been navigating the paltform with my spouse for two days now without a clear direction.
I need help please

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.