Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (807481 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 4:05am On Feb 11, 2022
SOWP preferably, if you are not in a hurry.

You will get a personalized list of documents and forms when you are applying.

Apart from the list, invitation letter for your spouse, LOE from her, and other documents at your discretion e.g. to prove home ties.

You may read previous threads, you will find a list of documents some people submitted.

DamilareOla:
Hello All.

I am new here. I recently got my study permit approved on the 3rd of February for the Fall session.

We want to apply for my wifey around July/August (a Visitor visa or SOWP).

Which would you advise?
What are the steps to take/document to submit?

Kindly help.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 4:07am On Feb 11, 2022
Yes, it's okay. Just be sure you strongly address home ties in your LOE.

Normally, if you go first, it's easier to use him for home ties.

Annywumex:
Hello everyone
Please I'm new to Canada immigration and I'll like to ask if it is okay to apply for study visa at the same time with my spouse. I'm the one with the admission and he's the Dependant. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 4:12am On Feb 11, 2022
You can open a new account, but I think the refusal letter should have details you would need, like UCI number, etc.

Wales55:
Also has anyone used an agent before which failed and applied again by him/herself. Is a new account opened or the details will be given by the agent
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 5:03am On Feb 11, 2022
congrats may Canada favour you....
metrecube:
PPR for SOWP in 3 months
First child: S P
Second Child: V V
CIC honoured me with approval on my birthday
It shall go round in Jesus name.
I will send the list of documents submitted later.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 6:31am On Feb 11, 2022
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 6:32am On Feb 11, 2022
technix:
You can open a new account, but I think the refusal letter should have details you would need, like UCI number, etc.

Yes it has UCI and Application NO
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DamilareOla: 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2022
Thank you.

I'm grateful.

technix:
SOWP preferably, if you are not in a hurry.

You will get a personalized list of documents and forms when you are applying.

Apart from the list, invitation letter for your spouse, LOE from her, and other documents at your discretion e.g. to prove home ties.

You may read previous threads, you will find a list of documents some people submitted.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 2:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
LadyBlaq:
What is with all these refusal for visit visa? Ah! My heart!!! cry cry cry cry cry

I am now scared of writing more mails to quicken then process. Since 8th of December, biometrics only got updated on January 24th...How long does it really take to complete eligibility? Why are they rejecting Visitor's Visa applications?, the approval rate for VV has certainly hit the bottom these days. Even rejecting a pregnant woman's application? What do I do nitori oloun!!!

Wow. So sad to know ure still waiting. My husband VV too was rejected 2weeks ago. I pray you get a favourable response soon
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2022
technix:
I would advise you reapply for visiting so that you meet up with the EDD, and your justification would still hold.

A visa officer should understand that it is necessary to be with your wife at this period. There are ways to write emotionally. Please put more effort in your LOE.

You may consider SOWP if her EDD is still far (perhaps, 6 months).

Best of luck!

These are exactly same refusal reasons my hubby got 2 weeks ago. I think they are trying to discourage VV for spouses of student and encourage people to apply for SOWP. Just my thought.

Though we re-applied with strong evidences of family and home ties. I'll suggest u channel your LOE at addressing family ties well. U can't do much abt Travel history at this time than to explain why you haven't travelled all this while. All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 2:18pm On Feb 11, 2022
Wales55:

I heard it takes around 1 month for the GCMS note to arrive, waiting for that timeline to reapply might not meet up with her EDD

If you can. Apply for SOWP first and after couple of weeks put in for VV again with reason being that SOWP takes longer period to process and you urgently need to be with your wife. They will likely cancel the VV and give u the SOWP but uve achieved speed.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2022
MsJanez01:

Wow. So sad to know ure still waiting. My husband VV too was rejected 2weeks ago. I pray you get a favourable response soon

Jeez! cry cry cry
So sorry dear, I am glad you reapplied. At this point, I am certain the purpose of the new VV has been achieved and the give little or no care about it anymore.

It is well.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 5:40pm On Feb 11, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Jeez! cry cry cry
So sorry dear, I am glad you reapplied. At this point, I am certain the purpose of the new VV has been achieved and the give little or no care about it anymore.

It is well.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hi everyone
please my spouse wants to book an appointment for his medicals at IOM for his sowp, Please we need help with filling the form, as we are not sure of what to choose under migrant type, is it 'skilled immigrant' or' immigrant'.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Annywumex: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
Thank you so much.

technix:
Yes, it's okay. Just be sure you strongly address home ties in your LOE.

Normally, if you go first, it's easier to use him for home ties.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2022
Please when applying for Sowp, do I need to use my Gckey or create a new Gckey for spouse
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DamilareOla: 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hello house,

Please We need a guide on writing SOP for SOWP.

Kindly help.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rahmeekadigz(f): 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hello,I used YouTube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aujh_OgRVXU
DamilareOla:
Hello house,

Please We need a guide on writing SOP for SOWP.

Kindly help.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rahmeekadigz(f): 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2022
Are you applying together? If yes,You will use your gckey.when answering the questionnaire, you'll indicate that you are applying for a family member too.
MsJanez01:
Please when applying for Sowp, do I need to use my Gckey or create a new Gckey for spouse

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HonWise(m): 2:00am On Feb 12, 2022
Hello Iffylove

I hope you got your booking sorted? You can choose immigrant in such section

Iffylove:
Hi everyone
please my spouse wants to book an appointment for his medicals at IOM for his sowp, Please we need help with filling the form, as we are not sure of what to choose under migrant type, is it 'skilled immigrant' or' immigrant'.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lydylonge(m): 2:31am On Feb 12, 2022
Hi everyone,
Please I need your advise, is there any covid 19 procedure for visitors entering Canada, do I need to plan for quarantine or run a test .can any one enlighten me on airline with the best deal that is suitable for a family traveling with kids.I have been hearing stories of different airline not keeping to their words after ticket is bought.please what is the best airline for trip to Canada
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 7:01am On Feb 12, 2022
rahmeekadigz:
Are you applying together? If yes,You will use your gckey.when answering the questionnaire, you'll indicate that you are applying for a family member too.

No. He is coming to join me
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 7:02am On Feb 12, 2022
Lydylonge:
Hi everyone,
Please I need your advise, is there any covid 19 procedure for visitors entering Canada, do I need to plan for quarantine or run a test .can any one enlighten me on airline with the best deal that is suitable for a family traveling with kids.I have been hearing stories of different airline not keeping to their words after ticket is bought.please what is the best airline for trip to Canada
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Try KLM, Lufthansa, BA.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:14am On Feb 12, 2022
MsJanez01:

He should use his own GCKEY

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
Thank you
HonWise:
Hello Iffylove

I hope you got your booking sorted? You can choose immigrant in such section

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DamilareOla: 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rahmeekadigz(f): 6:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
I guess you'll open a new one for him
MsJanez01:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
Please how do you tackle family ties when you don't have any properties or assets in Nigeria
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2022
If depends, you can use your parents.
Wales55:
Please how do you tackle family ties when you don't have any properties or assets in Nigeria
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 10:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
Greetings Nairalands,
i just want to reconfirm some things...some times after reading alot of pages you can get confused ...

In application of SOWP can you use your spouses GCKEY?
if spouse is one with study permit can you still use spouse to fill the family representative form?

pls do reply...thanks

congrats to all approved application may Canada favour you...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 12:45am On Feb 13, 2022
You can use spouse gckey, but I have learnt they is no benefit so feel free to go ahead and start a new account. I don’t think there is any need to fill representative form
afrobrown2000:
Greetings Nairalands,
i just want to reconfirm some things...some times after reading alot of pages you can get confused ...

In application of SOWP can you use your spouses GCKEY?
if spouse is one with study permit can you still use spouse to fill the family representative form?

pls do reply...thanks

congrats to all approved application may Canada favour you...

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by euphorbia(f): 4:48am On Feb 13, 2022
PPR alert ooooo
SOWP for me and 2 visiting visa for the kids.
Application March 1
Upfront medical early april
Medicals added may 19
Do not reply message feb 10
Opened feb 12

I just thank God for coming through for us. When we did the medical, i didnt upload cos i am always lazy to visit that site...it can be frustrating when it keeps sending you back to the first page. More over, i didnt know how to attach the documents until a mama here explained to me ( after a mouth). But fortunately, the medicals was already passed when i checked my account.
I applied for gcms note but eligibility was blank.
I contacted liana ( thanks so much) to help with how to contact them....i ended up not sending anything cos i didnt have any inspiration on what to type.
Around mid January,Hubby called to make enquiry but he wasnt attended to since he isn't a representative. I then filled a form to make him a rep. He was added and when he called, he didnt get a reasonable answer . He planed to call again after a week.
Then i was just going through my email on feb 11 i saw do not reply messages. And now, all i can say is thank God for keeping our minds together during the silent period( almost a year!)

16 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OtunbaTee(m): 5:43am On Feb 13, 2022
Congratulations
euphorbia:
PPR alert ooooo
SOWP for me and 2 visiting visa for the kids.
Application March 1
Upfront medical early april
Medicals added may 19
Do not reply message feb 10
Opened feb 12

I just thank God for coming through for us. When we did the medical, i didnt upload cos i am always lazy to visit that site...it can be frustrating when it keeps sending you back to the first page. More over, i didnt know how to attach the documents until a mama here explained to me ( after a mouth). But fortunately, the medicals was already passed when i checked my account.
I applied for gcms note but eligibility was blank.
I contacted liana ( thanks so much) to help with how to contact them....i ended up not sending anything cos i didnt have any inspiration on what to type.
Around mid January,Hubby called to make enquiry but he wasnt attended to since he isn't a representative. I then filled a form to make him a rep. He was added and when he called, he didnt get a reasonable answer . He planed to call again after a week.
Then i was just going through my email on feb 11 i saw do not reply messages. And now, all i can say is thank God for keeping our minds together during the silent period( almost a year!)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.