Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (800398 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
IRCC platform not opening since morning. Anyone else with this experience?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
I would advise you reapply for visiting so that you meet up with the EDD, and your justification would still hold.

A visa officer should understand that it is necessary to be with your wife at this period. There are ways to write emotionally. Please put more effort in your LOE.

You may consider SOWP if her EDD is still far (perhaps, 6 months).

Best of luck!

Wales55:
Good day Nairalanders
I am New here
Please my application to visit my wife studying was refused today
I need to visit her to be with her as soon as possible to offer her an helping hand as she got to know she was pregnant late last year so putting in for a SOWP might not meet up with her delivery

Response was: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

The RCIC agent that my wife used in Canada suggested putting in for SOWP which will take a longer time to process,your suggestions will be highly appreciated

Timeline
Application submitted: ,Dec 22nd 2021
Biometrics done: January 4th
Refusal: Feb 9th
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
The medical was requested for and already uploaded before the refusal
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mymzo48: 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
Wales55:
But was it updated to passed or it wasn't?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
Thank for your response. Request for your GCMS and re-apply. What I observed is after any rejection, if you address properly the points raised, the application will not tarry like a new application.
It will surely end in praise.

Pls did IRCC update your application to pass before decision. Your response is helping others to pray & prepare.
Thanks.

Wales55:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
What is with all these refusal for visit visa? Ah! My heart!!! cry cry cry cry cry

I am now scared of writing more mails to quicken then process. Since 8th of December, biometrics only got updated on January 24th...How long does it really take to complete eligibility? Why are they rejecting Visitor's Visa applications?, the approval rate for VV has certainly hit the bottom these days. Even rejecting a pregnant woman's application? What do I do nitori oloun!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
ditha:
Some SOWPs applications get quick processing as fast as 2months especially for unique cases like yours
Thanks so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
megastu:
Apply for GCMS note
I heard it takes around 1 month for the GCMS note to arrive, waiting for that timeline to reapply might not meet up with her EDD
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
Safetysmile:
You will by GOD'S grace get quick response, just attach all her medical reports and let your LOE reveal her EDD and need to join her and give physical and psychological support.
It will end in praise.

Pls was your medical updated to pass before the refusal or not requested for?

RCIC agent was used, I have no idea if the medicals was updated to pass
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
technix:
I would advise you reapply for visiting so that you meet up with the EDD, and your justification would still hold.

A visa officer should understand that it is necessary to be with your wife at this period. There are ways to write emotionally. Please put more effort in your LOE.

You may consider SOWP if her EDD is still far (perhaps, 6 months).

Best of luck!

Thanks her EDD is in May,that is why I am scared of putting in for SOWP
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2022
mymzo48:

But was it updated to passed or it wasn't?

I have no idea as an agent was used
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
Wales55:

I have no idea as an agent was used
I am so sorry to hear your application was refused. I wish I have more information and insight to give you but I believe you will get it right next time and very soon.

One thing I would say is this, please do it yourself this time so we know where the problem is coming from. Some of these agents don't put their best in these applications as much as the principal applicant would, I know it isn't easy but do it yourself next time. Nah you dey wear the shoes, nah you know were e dey pain you pass.

IRCC answer me IJN!!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
I think SOWP is more appropriate for your situation. I imagine that the visa officer saw that you will not just visit your wife briefly and return when she just had a baby. you will want to stay back and take care of them ( stronger family ties in Canada). If you can apply for sowp soon and follow up with emails requesting urgent processing because of your situation, I think that will make more sense
Wales55:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 6:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
I agree, even if you use an agent, make sure to be involved in every process. Goodluck ladyblaq
LadyBlaq:
I am so sorry to hear your application was refused. I wish I have more information and insight to give you but I believe you will get it right next time and very soon.

One thing I would say is this, please do it yourself this time so we know where the problem is coming from. Some of these agents don't put their best in these applications as much as the principal applicant would, I know it isn't easy but do it yourself next time. Nah you dey wear the shoes, nah you know were e dey pain you pass.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 7:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Yes thanks, I plan on doing it myself
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 7:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
ditha:
I think SOWP is more appropriate for your situation. I imagine that the visa officer saw that you will not just visit your wife briefly and return when she just had a baby. you will want to stay back and take care of them ( stronger family ties in Canada). If you can apply for sowp soon and follow up with emails requesting urgent processing because of your situation, I think that will make more sense

Oh thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
Do I need details from the agent about the last application when reapplying or applying for SOWP?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
ditha:
I agree, even if you use an agent, make sure to be involved in every process. Goodluck ladyblaq
Good luck to us both and other hopefuls
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
Also has anyone used an agent before which failed and applied again by him/herself. Is a new account opened or the details will be given by the agent
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
Oh so sorry dear.
From my little experience and what I have learnt from this great platform, I think your family ties to Nigeria was strong enough... Like say siblings, Aged parents, Uncles/Aunties you're entitled to....just any stand in person thats a close relative and depends on you for upkeep and all....say you have aged parents who are retired,you could mention them in your LOE and you wouldn't want to hurt their feelings by leaving them behind so you will do whatever it takes to come back to them( my suggestion) this can be accompanied by pictures from little till you became an adult...you can submit birth certificate of your parents, retired documents..... I hope this helps

ami213:
These are the documents I included in the LOE;
Marriage certificate
Change of name Affidavit
Employment letter
Leave Letter from my employer
Payslips
Bank statements
Deed of inheritance of a land from my late father
Last promotion letter
Police character certificate
Invitation letter from my husband
Study permit letter
His academic transcripts
Employment letter
Data page of our international passport.

This is my first refusal though, I applied on the gckey in June but the application is still in queue for processing. Hence, the reason I reapplied on the new portal since it is quite faster.
I have been a silent reader on here since 2021 but I never created an account, but the refusal letter hit me differently. I am trying to contact you privately as to forward my LOE for revision but nairaland is refraining me from doing so. Could you please message me?

You can still reapply for visit, since it may be faster.
You may need to work more on your LOE (I do help revise LOE's).
Also, you may want to look at the documents you submitted e.g. the invitation letter from your husband.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 9:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
Wales55:

You can still apply for sowp since it is in may and tailour your LOE to show her EDD and the strong reasons why you shud be with her now that she is entering her third trimester. Be very emotional about it and include all her doctors report as well as antenatal schedules to butress ur point. They can respond to you fast. Also remember to include your full vaccination for covid 19 as well as medical results from the scratch that will also hasten the process. Make God help all of us ni ooo. Nah since july 2021 i don dey inside the boat.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
Wales55:
Do I need details from the agent about the last application when reapplying or applying for SOWP?
You need the details especially the IUC number. Log in password i think. Am not sure though wait for other inputs
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
skull4eva:

You can still apply for sowp since it is in may and tailour your LOE to show her EDD and the strong reasons why you shud be with her now that she is entering her third trimester. Be very emotional about it and include all her doctors report as well as antenatal schedules to butress ur point. They can respond to you fast. Also remember to include your full vaccination for covid 19 as well as medical results from the scratch that will also hasten the process. Make God help all of us ni ooo. Nah since july 2021 i don dey inside the boat.

Ah it is well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wales55: 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
skull4eva:

You need the details especially the IUC number. Log in password i think. Am not sure though wait for other inputs

Ok k thanks, I will wait for others too
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by metrecube(m): 9:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
PPR for SOWP in 3 months
First child: S P
Second Child: V V
CIC honoured me with approval on my birthday
It shall go round in Jesus name.
I will send the list of documents submitted later.

24 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DamilareOla: 10:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
Congratulations �

metrecube:
PPR for SOWP in 3 months

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DamilareOla: 10:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hello All.

I am new here. I recently got my study permit approved on the 3rd of February for the Fall session.

We want to apply for my wifey around July/August (a Visitor visa or SOWP).

Which would you advise?
What are the steps to take/document to submit?

Kindly help.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Annywumex: 10:59pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hello everyone
Please I'm new to Canada immigration and I'll like to ask if it is okay to apply for study visa at the same time with my spouse. I'm the one with the admission and he's the Dependant. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HonWise(m): 1:14am On Feb 11, 2022
Congratulations
Marh:
PPR Finally!

SOWP Application:

Date Applied - May 21st, 2021
Upfront Medicals -August 23rd,2021
Approved - February 4th, 2022 (37 weeks)!

Visitor Visa Application:

Date Applied - October 23rd, 2021
IRCC requested we withdraw the application since the sowp has already been approved - February 4th, 2022.

NOTE : Eligibility and Criminality has been passed since December 1st, 2021 on the visit visa application
January 24th, I requested for urgent Processing on the visit visa application, the mp submitted to IRCC on my behalf.

A big Thank you to Sam4774 for his assistance! It was from his post I got to know about urgent processing from IRCC.

Thank you nochyks87, Thank you everyone. May Almighty God answer our prayers.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HonWise(m): 1:22am On Feb 11, 2022
Congratulations

metrecube:
PPR for SOWP in 3 months

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bebzo: 2:59am On Feb 11, 2022
metrecube:
PPR for SOWP in 3 months
Congrats,
I will get mine soon in Jesus name, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.