Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (807013 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
This is enough. What you need is 14K, assuming you are outside Quebec.

Just explain in your LOE that you understand that the minimum requirement is 14K, and you have excess of that, shikena.

Do the calculation in your letter like you have done now.

If you have more money, that's better.

Best of luck.

TheLasyBuddha:
My wife and I would be applying for study permit and SOWP respectively.

She got a funding of $20,000
Tuition and fees are $9,260
Living expense for her is: $20,000 –$9,260= $10,740
I have POF of $6,100

Total POF= $16,840

She has a job with a running salary already.

Is it enough to apply together? Someone told me we should have at least $18,000 to apply comfortably.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TheLasyBuddha: 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
technix:
This is enough. What you need is 14K, assuming you are outside Quebec.

Just explain in your LOE that you understand that the minimum requirement is 14K, and you have excess of that, shikena.

Do the calculation in your letter like you have done now.

If you have more money, that's better.

Best of luck.

Thank you so much for this.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 5:01pm On Feb 02, 2022
What date in December did you apply?
Have you gotten a decision?
LadyBlaq:

Yes, eligibility review started on 24th of January. I don't want to send mails to them any more. It will surely end in praise ooo, I remain very hopeful. Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 5:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
Please who applied for SOWP in july 2021? Just want to be sure am not the only one waiting.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2022
I know someone who did in June, and still waiting.

skull4eva:
Please who applied for SOWP in july 2021? Just want to be sure am not the only one waiting.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cannyonyi: 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
You're not the only one. I applied for SOWP since February last year and visitor’s visa since October.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
My dear, I applied since April 2021.
Please House, who also applied in April or earlier?

skull4eva:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dorisabid: 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
Please i want to know. When sending passport for family. Do you put everything in one envelope and pay for delivery for just 1 envelope. Or you put each person documents in different envelope and pay for delivery for each of the envelope.

Thanks

DeeWan:
Thank you bro for the advise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FYsol: 8:55pm On Feb 02, 2022
You can put everything in one envelope whilst sending but you must pay for each for the return.

dorisabid:
Please i want to know. When sending passport for family. Do you put everything in one envelope and pay for delivery for just 1 envelope. Or you put each person documents in different envelope and pay for delivery for each of the envelope.

Thanks

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dorisabid: 2:35am On Feb 03, 2022
Thanks. But what if i pay dhl 2-way courier. Will i be asked to pay for their own courier again? because they seem to make it compulsory to use their courier to deliver back.

FYsol:
You can put everything in one envelope whilst sending but you must pay for each for the return.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 3:15am On Feb 03, 2022
You got PpR and you don't want to share timeline... That's not fair please

dorisabid:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dorisabid: 3:54am On Feb 03, 2022
I apologise. It's not my PPR. They are my parents TRV. I came across details on sending passport to Lagos vfs on this thread. I need the info for them as they are old.

Chisolove3:
You got PpR and you don't want to share timeline... That's not fair please

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by chigrad: 4:42am On Feb 03, 2022
Hi all please what is your advise as per the link below for proof of funds

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

For someone who came to Canada with 3 years work permit and now eligible to apply for PR after 1 year of work .
If applying under CEC or FSW, must the person show proof of funds or not ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by impeccablerose: 4:50am On Feb 03, 2022
FSW requires that you show proof of funds but CEC does not. If the 1 year of Canadian work experience is in a qualifying NOC for express entry, then he/she can apply via CEC.

chigrad:
Hi all please what is your advise as per the link below for proof of funds

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

For someone who came to Canada with 3 years work permit and now eligible to apply for PR after 1 year of work .
If applying under CEC or FSW, must the person show proof of funds or not ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oganammuo: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2022
skull4eva:

For toronto 3k each for each kid thats a total of 20k not 22k although having more money is better

Chai! Thank you so much for this info

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oganammuo: 7:32am On Feb 03, 2022
technix:
Aameen.

Like skull4eva mentioned, after the first two members, each additional family member is 3000

I am grateful for this assurance. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FYsol: 7:57am On Feb 03, 2022
I used DHL to send to them but I had to pay them for each person for a family of 5 for the return. I guess you can pay DHL for the return but I don't know how it works.
dorisabid:
Thanks. But what if i pay dhl 2-way courier. Will i be asked to pay for their own courier again? because they seem to make it compulsory to use their courier to deliver back.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
skull4eva:

I applied May 2021

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hi nairalanders, PLEASE HELP ooo my spouse applied for OWP but no update yet. My program and visa will expire in April 2022 and I have gotten a new LOA for another program. I want to apply for study permit extension this week. Do I mention OWP’s pending application in my study permit extension sop or OWP should send a webform with my new LOA and inform IRCC I am applying for an extension.

I am wondering since my current visa is less than 3 months and OWP application is still pending decision, what steps do I take before submitting study extension or after submitting study extension.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 2:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
rheene009:
Hi nairalanders, PLEASE HELP ooo my spouse applied for OWP but no update yet. My program and visa will expire in April 2022 and I have gotten a new LOA for another program. I want to apply for study permit extension this week. Do I mention OWP’s pending application in my study permit extension sop or OWP should send a webform with my new LOA and inform IRCC I am applying for an extension.

I am wondering since my current visa is less than 3 months and OWP application is still pending decision, what steps do I take before submitting study extension or after submitting study extension.

Thank you.

When did he apply for the OWP?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
deepwater:

When did he apply for the OWP?
in April 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2022
I would advise you submit your study permit extension (you may mention your spouse's OWP if you want).

Then for spouse: under his own application, upload your evidence of application for study permit extension through webform.

If your permit extension is approved before his OWP, again, upload your new study permit through webform.

rheene009:

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayqinsbFX: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
@rheene009 this is exactly what you should do.
Pray that the study permit extension comes in as soon as possible so as to update the OWP application.

CIC wont grant OWP when the primary client has 3 months of validity left.

technix:
I would advise you submit your study permit extension (you may mention your spouse's OWP if you want).

Then for spouse: under his own application, upload your evidence of application for study permit extension through webform.

If your permit extension is approved before his OWP, again, upload your new study permit through webform.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
rheene009:

Thank you.

I would advise that you either wait for the SOWP or withdraw it and reapply with your student permit.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 11:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
shams040:

I would advise that you either wait for the SOWP or withdraw it and reapply with your student permit.

Wait for the SOWP do you mean i should also inform IRCC about my study extension application? I plan not to withdraw because starting all over again and the waiting time is scary. In the attachment you posted it's mentioned i can link my spouse application when seeking extension. I'm a bit confused. I would appreciate if you can explain if you don't mind. Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
hayqinsbFX:
@rheene009 this is exactly what you should do.
Pray that the study permit extension comes in as soon as possible so as to update the OWP application.

CIC wont grant OWP when the primary client has 3 months of validity left.

That's why i want to apply immediately, so he can send a webform in regards to my study extension application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 11:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
technix:
I would advise you submit your study permit extension (you may mention your spouse's OWP if you want). Then for spouse: under his own application, upload your evidence of application for study permit extension through webform.
ok i will work on it. thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 2:16am On Feb 04, 2022
@rheene009

Something just came up, looking at the screenshot. In addition to what you planned to do, once you apply for the renewal, try and see if you can link your spouse's application to it. There is an option for linking account at the bottom of your IRCC portal when you log in. It works for paper applications, maybe it could work for this.

rheene009:
ok i will work on it. thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 1:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
technix:
@rheene009

Something just came up looking at the screenshot. In addition to what you planned to do, once you apply for the renewal, try and see if you can link your spouse's application to it. There is an option for linking account at the bottom of your IRCC portal when you log in. It works for paper applications, maybe it could work for this.

Ok i will check it out. Thank you Technix
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
rheene009:
in April 2021

Has his eligibility review started ?
Any request for additional documents so far ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Zizi2020(f): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
[quote author=Zizi2020 post=109712546][/quote]

PPR Alert�
Application- SOWP and VV for toddler

Submission date- Dec 3rd 2021.

Biometrics from previous application linked on the 31st of Jan 2022.( I was tracking this with the online tool since my case was peculiar and I had emailed them affividat showing new name, old and new passport data page etc.)

PPR- Feb 4th, 2022.

Not sure when my upfront medicals was updated ( I worked with an immigration lawyer who submitted application on my behalf).

God speed to everyone waiting and I hope my timeline encourages you as well.. it will happen earlier than you think by God's grace.

14 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cannyonyi: 4:16am On Feb 05, 2022
Wow Congratulations...that was fast!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: Starbie47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.