Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,749 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (800823 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 12:09am On Apr 27, 2022
SweetJJ:

Please who knows about this case. I want to include this in my application. An immigration lawyer said it's ok to, but how do I confirm this case so I don't shoot myself in the leg.

https://www.gands.com/blog/2021/08/03/federal-court-reinforces-obligation-of-visa-officers-to-provide-sufficient-reasons-in-study-permit-refusals/
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AKANLE2: 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
SweetJJ:

While it is true VV is faster in the new portal, the refusal rate is quite very very high. Right now I'd just suggest SOWP, unless you have children and want to use them as family ties to NIGERIA. I.e, apply without them, if you are applying for yourself and the kids for VV, I am afraid the refusal reason of family ties blah blah blah may be states.

Anyways, it's your choice. And again applications differ and VOs differ too. Our prayers should be among others may the VO not be in a bad mood the day s/he will process my file.

AMEN and Thank you.

Is appointment letter and leave letter not enough hometies? because the spouse is a teacher in govt school. and will be visiting for the july to sept long vacation
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 3:59am On Apr 28, 2022
AKANLE2:

AMEN and Thank you.

Is appointment letter and leave letter not enough hometies? because the spouse is a teacher in govt school. and will be visiting for the july to sept long vacation

If that is the only ties you have, you should just keep praying. I hope you submitted info on parents and siblings, landed property, pension account. Because I submitted all of these and my application was still refused. It's just sad! Applications are different, though, All the best!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
What do they really want?
The same experience for me....in all it shall end in joy
SweetJJ:

If that is the only ties you have, you should just keep praying. I hope you submitted info on parents and siblings, landed property, pension account. Because I submitted all of these and my application was still refused. It's just sad! Applications are different, though, All the best!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Favored4: 10:21am On Apr 29, 2022
Please gurus. I mistakenly clicked that I had biometric already while I was making my kids TRV application and as a result I didn’t get biometric request letter after my application submission. It’s one month now and nothing has been done on my application. Please should I withdraw this application. What should I do . Please I appreciate your responses.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AKANLE2: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hello House,

Can someone please me with detailed list of documents for spousal open work permit and study permit for kids and their appropriate categories for upload.

Please I need help.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Creamz(m): 11:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hi, I have been a silent follower of this thread and I have read almost every comment here just to make a informed decision. I just got my admission and I am about to start my Visa application process. Now the question I have bothering me is this, is it advisable for me to apply for my student study Permit with my wife and 2 kids? Or I should apply then go first and use the normal VV or Sowp route that a lot of people use here to bring them to join me?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Henny52: 12:28am On Apr 30, 2022
Go ahead and apply with your family and don't let anyone talk you out of it. Show that you have enough funds to cover you all, Show your home ties. Just package your application well, no loose ends and you will all get it that's fact. Also, upfront Medicals for you all is necessary. All the best.

Creamz:
Hi, I have been a silent follower of this thread and I have read almost every comment here just to make a informed decision. I just got my admission and I am about to start my Visa application process. Now the question I have bothering me is this, is it advisable for me to apply for my student study Permit with my wife and 2 kids? Or I should apply go first then use the normal VV or Sowp route that a lot of people on here to bring them to join me?

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Creamz(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2022
Henny52:
Go ahead and apply with your family and don't let anyone talk you out of it. Show that you have enough funds to cover you all, Show your home ties. Just package your application well, no loose ends and you will all get it that's fact. Also, upfront Medicals for you all is necessary. All the best.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 11:19am On Apr 30, 2022
Henny52:

Seconded Please. Canada has messed me up seriously. Currently not enjoying the whole vibes of PhD at all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kossyablaze(m): 1:20pm On Apr 30, 2022
Good day all!!! Its my PPR for SOWP.... If you applied btw April and may 2021...U'll get a decision soonest. Don't give up! Keep up with ur daily prayers. Dont feel God doesn't exist. Dont lose hope. God came through for me and would for all that believes and trusts in him.

16 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hi,

It's okay. DON'T withdraw your application.

You can pay for biometric through this link:

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10097

Then you upload the receipt in your portal and/or via webform. Once IRCC gets it, they will send you a biometric request.

Best of luck
Favored4:
Please gurus. I mistakenly clicked that I had biometric already while I was making my kids TRV application and as a result I didn’t get biometric request letter after my application submission. It’s one month now and nothing has been done on my application. Please should I withdraw this application. What should I do . Please I appreciate your responses.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2022
Please apply together as previously advised. Moreover, even if you apply alone, IRCC (new portal) will ask you if your spouse is accompanying you, and that you should pick 'yes' even if your spouse will join later.

Creamz:
Hi, I have been a silent follower of this thread and I have read almost every comment here just to make a informed decision. I just got my admission and I am about to start my Visa application process. Now the question I have bothering me is this, is it advisable for me to apply for my student study Permit with my wife and 2 kids? Or I should apply then go first and use the normal VV or Sowp route that a lot of people use here to bring them to join me?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hi, when applying, you will get a personalized list of forms and documents to submit.

Other documents are those required to support your letter of explanation and family relationship.

AKANLE2:
Hello House,

Can someone please me with detailed list of documents for spousal open work permit and study permit for kids and their appropriate categories for upload.

Please I need help.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
Apart from sending webforms, emails to Nairobi and emails to MP who hardly help or respond. What else can one do to get a response on what exactly is going on. I heard about “Requesting an Order of Mandamus from Federal Court” is this a thing? My spouses application is 49weeks already and it’s frustrating.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
congratulations........
God will come through for all of us

kossyablaze:
Good day all!!! Its my PPR for SOWP.... If you applied btw April and may 2021...U'll get a decision soonest. Don't give up! Keep up with ur daily prayers. Dont feel God doesn't exist. Dont lose hope. God came through for me and would for all that believes and trusts in him.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 7:05am On May 01, 2022
Amen to the prayers, I am the next to testify in Jesus name. Thank you so much.

But when exactly did you apply for the sowp?

kossyablaze:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kossyablaze(m): 4:28pm On May 01, 2022
Jonaholorun:
Amen to the prayers, I am the next to testify in Jesus name. Thank you so much.

But when exactly did you apply for the sowp?

May 14th 2021

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 5:19am On May 02, 2022
kossyablaze:

Congratulations! This is almost a year, sad!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 7:37am On May 02, 2022
My application was May 5th, contacted mp and he said only medical and criminality passed.

kossyablaze:
May 14th 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 7:30pm On May 02, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 7:34am On May 03, 2022
kossyablaze:

Amen and Amen.....I applied by March 2021...I have raised webforms still nothing...at this point in time am just waiting out the time...just waiting for a reply....even if nah denial sef make I see am and know what to do.....haven't given up yet tho...just fed up that's all
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 7:47am On May 03, 2022
And also to the wise gurus here I need an answer...do medicals expire?....will my medicals have expired with the fact that I have been waiting for a decision on my application since March of last year?....please I need a reply to this as I am worried about this and so many other things as well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 8:20am On May 03, 2022
yeah, medicals expire after 6months abi 1year-not sure. just wait and hope for a good final decision. if the decision is good, then you can always get another medical if they request for it
corleone427:
And also to the wise gurus here I need an answer...do medicals expire?....will my medicals have expired with the fact that I have been waiting for a decision on my application since March of last year?....please I need a reply to this as I am worried about this and so many other things as well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 9:39am On May 03, 2022
My senior I salute you ooo.

God will help us in this struggle, however I will suggest you try to pretend as if this application is not in existence trusting God it will come out good someday, you can get a job or something or some businesses, I know that they all have to do with planning altogether, I have learnt to wait for the best and while waiting focus on something visible and present to buld my profile like engage in short courses, apply for a program in another country or some sort.

Abeg this sowp no be for fainthearted but God will comfort us

corleone427:

Amen and Amen.....I applied by March 2021...I have raised webforms still nothing...at this point in time am just waiting out the time...just waiting for a reply....even if nah denial sef make I see am and know what to do.....haven't given up yet tho...just fed up that's all

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2022
This IRCC are very discriminatory, I just saw on FB now that they approved an Indian that the spouse has even completed the program. I just wonder why they can't just come out bold that we don't want blacks and we all know where to put our energy.

It's just painful that our govts are making us go through all these. If they have utilized our resources well all these things won't happen. But what can we do in light of this current reality? just pained and frustrated.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 12:15pm On May 04, 2022
There is no clear cut procedure they use. The decision is always based on individual VO's frame of mind. Somebody wrote that she invited her sister and the sister did not submit a bank statement and got approved with virtually no travel history. Whereas I have seen somebody with travel history to UK and Germany who was invited by a Canadian citizen brother, but got refused.

shams040:
This IRCC are very discriminatory, I just saw on FB now that they approved an Indian that the spouse has even completed the program. I just wonder why they can't just come out bold that we don't want blacks and we all know where to put our energy.

It's just painful that our govts are making us go through all these. If they have utilized our resources well all these things won't happen. But what can we do in light of this current reality? just pained and frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 5:03pm On May 04, 2022
Kurukuru:
There is no clear cut procedure they use. The decision is always based on individual VO's frame of mind. Somebody wrote that she invited her sister and the sister did not submit a bank statement and got approved with virtually no travel history. Whereas I have seen somebody with travel history to UK and Germany who was invited by a Canadian citizen brother, but got refused.

No standard at all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 5:12pm On May 05, 2022
smiley
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 6:35am On May 06, 2022
Its PPR my people...

2 visitors visa refusal
1st was submitted on 22nd November and refused on 30th December
Reasons:
-purpose of visit
-family ties
-travel record
2nd was on 5th January and refused on 20th February
Reasons:
-family ties
-travel record
SOWP submitted on 22nd February 2022,
-Travelled to Dubai on 4th of April 2022 for vacation (my wife came from Canada to meet me there in Dubai) and I returned to Nigeria on 22nd of April and on 1st of May I sent my new travel record via email to kenya, London and lagos IRCC offices with pictures with my wife.I also submitted it as webform. approval was received today, May 5th- 72days!!!. Pure miracle

I should add that I requested for reconsideration of his visitor's visa that was refused in December and I did not hear from them until today, they sent a second rejection for the visit visa followed by an approval for the open work permit

I am very excited! I wish everyone waiting - favour!
ah God is too kind

16 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GbemiBukk(f): 7:05am On May 06, 2022
Congratulations ma..
Please can you help with what you did different ?
ditha:
Its PPR my people...

2 visitors visa refusal ,
SOWP submitted on 22nd February, approval received today may 5th. Pure miracle
ah God is too kind

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.