Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804750 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by suziee83: 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello house, please what is the address to Canada VFS office in lagos ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
suziee83:
Hello house, please what is the address to Canada VFS office in lagos ?

1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jidefrank: 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello house,

Please I need help. I was previously refused SOWP as they stated my UK visa was about expiring and since I'm unable to extend it, I am planning to come to Nigeria and apply for SOWP again this month. However since I will not have a job in Nigeria, is it ok to apply without an employment letter and what else can one use to show ties? Anyone here applied without an employment letter?

P.S: My wife is currently working in a NOC B job and has Postgraduate Work Permit.

I will really appreciate inputs pleaseeee! thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jpepper: 11:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
Bioben:
I thank the glorious God......Medical Passed cool

congrats, please in which of the Lag hospitals did you do your medicals?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 7:27am On Apr 05, 2017
Thank you. We have somethings in common as regards this sowp. My wife is also with full finding. I sent you a pm I want you to help proofread my LOE/SOP with all due respect
Shola1064:
I didnt fill any form like IMM 5475E

Hello sir,

Did you fill the form IMM 5475E with your application as quoted below. I sent you a pm please

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shola1064: 8:07am On Apr 05, 2017
A
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shola1064: 10:05am On Apr 05, 2017
A

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Osinachi2017: 11:39am On Apr 05, 2017
Good Morning Guys.

SINP 2017

I wonder if i could get a response on this forum. I want to apply for the SINP Skilled international work program NOC 2171 - INFORMATION SYSTEM ANALYST - BUSINESS ANALYST. I have exprience working in that capacity though has a Psychology Background as my fisrt degree. Here is my question:

1. Can i send my Bankstatement with the Proof of fund from my account in Nigeria cos at the moment i live in the UK
2. I have a Bsc Psychology as degree , however i have a Professional certification Foundation in Business Analysis (BCS) does it cover for my Degree with experience working on several projects?
3. If i dont have my Pay slips handy but have my contract letter and Employment letter, Will that cover me?
4. The Ten years exprience in question , must it be in business Analysis or just working years history in total to sum it up to 10 years
5.The previous organisation i worked for whilst in Nigeria has folded up having worked with them for 4yrs . Do i need to include that as work experience ?

i would be gratefull if i can get a response. God Bless!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/358

Osinachi2017:
Good Morning Guys.

SINP 2017

I wonder if i could get a response on this forum. I want to apply for the SINP Skilled international work program NOC 2171 - INFORMATION SYSTEM ANALYST - BUSINESS ANALYST. I have exprience working in that capacity though has a Psychology Background as my fisrt degree. Here is my question:

1. Can i send my Bankstatement with the Proof of fund from my account in Nigeria cos at the moment i live in the UK
2. I have a Bsc Psychology as degree , however i have a Professional certification Foundation in Business Analysis (BCS) does it cover for my Degree with experience working on several projects?
3. If i dont have my Pay slips handy but have my contract letter and Employment letter, Will that cover me?
4. The Ten years exprience in question , must it be in business Analysis or just working years history in total to sum it up to 10 years
5.The previous organisation i worked for whilst in Nigeria has folded up having worked with them for 4yrs . Do i need to include that as work experience ?

i would be gratefull if i can get a response. God Bless!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Osinachi2017: 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
@Markab Please do you have an idea as to my questions raised about SINP........

Also, How long must the fund be in your account before you apply or

@ Jpepper.... I looked through the link posted but no information given. Do you have an idea as to the question asked??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jpepper: 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
Osinachi2017:

He has directed you to the thread where you can get more accurate responses to your questions
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Osinachi2017: 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
@ Jpepper.... I looked through the link posted but no information given. Do you have an idea as to the question asked??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2017
Type your questions and you will get response in the thread I posted earlier.

Osinachi2017:

Also, How long must the fund be in your account before you apply or

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by obichijiokeobi: 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
ridwanshittuyahoocom:
pls,I need quick response to this my question, anybody in Canada DAT can help me to check this company in Canada aqua daylight seafood and farm corp, address and their service someone,mean an agent in Canada help me to apply for job there and we have Skype interview and after four days we received offer letter from the company and we are ask to pay 260dollas for CAQ,pls b4 I make the payment I need to confirm if it is not a scam pls I need people opinion on this.pls and address I found is 12530 Rue Crevier Montreal, QCH4K1R3,Canada
Run for your life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ridwanshittuyahoocom: 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
obichijiokeobi:
Run for your life
bros pls I don't understand you what you mean by that,
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Odianose13(m): 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
ridwanshittuyahoocom:
bros pls I don't understand you what you mean by that,

Bro, u shud look critically at that opportunity before u commit ursef far into it. As simple as that. Have u called them yet?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bussybee26: 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hello Ceekoneal,

Please can you help me send the sample letter of explanation you wrote to my email: temmyolayemi26@gmail.com

Thanks

Ceekoneal:
Online august 28th bio done
Document submitted
Post graduate work permit
Letter of employment
3 payment slips
Letter of explanation
Lots of pictures
Prove of communication used skype and whatsapp not sure from wat year i started from, but I think from 2014
Bank statement
Husband
Letter of employment from nigeria
Letter of explanation
BSc certificate
April 3rd...medical requested
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ifyese: 10:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
@folaroyal i didnt get the IMM 1017E form from mycic account. I mailed accra that the form is missing on mycic account and they mail me the form within 12hrs.

Medical requested April 3rd, got the form april 5th

Applied Aug25th
Biometric. Aug 31st
Medical Request. April 3rd

Documents submitted
Wife document
Post graduate work permit
Statement of account which shows less than $5,000
Employers letter
Facebook post
Whatsapp chat
Marriage certificate
Pictures of marriage and while we dating
Letter of explanation
Travel itinerary
3 payslip

My document
Letter of employment
Letter of explanation
Payslip
Bsc certificate
No statement of account.

Thats all....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 11:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
Good day everyone,

I have been noticing some sowp applicants declaring not to include SOAs in their applications. I'm kinda confused here although it's not a criteria on cics website.

Is it a good risk to take please advice @Folaroyal et al
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ceekoneal: 1:08am On Apr 06, 2017
@markab what is the full meaning of SOAs?
@bussybee my laptop got spoilt didn't retrieve any of my documents..really I didn't use any format
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sjunad: 3:36am On Apr 06, 2017
Hello Markab and everyone,

It is true that SOA is not part of the documents for SOWP application and for those that submitted ​online, there is no place to attach proof of financial support except you attach it with the letter of explanation.

But my advice is that whether it is required or not, it is the applicant's responsibility to convince the immigration officer that you have sufficient financial resources to support yourself in Canada.

From my personal experience, my husband is currently studying a two year master program in Canada. We hired an immigration lawyer to help in processing my SOWP application. My husband and father are my sponsors and I sent their statements​ of account to the lawyer to include with the application. When she was due to submit, she told me that there was no need for statement of account as it was not requested. I wasn't comfortable with the idea of not submitting it but didn't want to be arguing with a professional. She then advised that they might request for it in the course of the application​. They never requested for the financial statements and my application was rejected based on personal assets and financial status.

Decided to share my personal experience so that you all can learn from my mistake and also, everybody's circumstances are not the same. Some might submit SOA and get it while some don't submit and still get it.

Application type - Online
Upfront medical
Biometrics - 18 Nov 2016
Refusal letter - 30 March 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 5:33am On Apr 06, 2017
Statement of account
Ceekoneal:
@markab what is the full meaning of SOAs?
@bussybee my laptop got spoilt didn't retrieve any of my documents..really I didn't use any format

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2017
sjunad:
Hello Markab and everyone,

It is true that SOA is not part of the documents for SOWP application and for those that submitted ​online, there is no place to attach proof of financial support except you attach it with the letter of explanation.

But my advice is that whether it is required or not, it is the applicant's responsibility to convince the immigration officer that you have sufficient financial resources to support yourself in Canada.

From my personal experience, my husband is currently studying a two year master program in Canada. We hired an immigration lawyer to help in processing my SOWP application. My husband and father are my sponsors and I sent their statements​ of account to the lawyer to include with the application. When she was due to submit, she told me that there was no need for statement of account as it was not requested. I wasn't comfortable with the idea of not submitting it but didn't want to be arguing with a professional. She then advised that they might request for it in the course of the application​. They never requested for the financial statements and my application was rejected based on personal assets and financial status.

Decided to share my personal experience so that you all can learn from my mistake and also, everybody's circumstances are not the same. Some might submit SOA and get it while some don't submit and still get it.

Application type - Online
Upfront medical
Biometrics - 18 Nov 2016
Refusal letter - 30 March 2017
Aww.. After about 4 months wait!.. Sorry about that and thanks for the very insightful post!!
If you have read some of my posts back from Canada study permit thread.. You'll notice that i am not a fan of agents.

Thank God it is the story of refusal you are sharing now, many others bagged 5 years inadmissibility into Canada due to Agents unprofessional handling..... Imagine being banned on an SOWP

You know i can be almost certain that you would have been approved if you did the application yourself!.... SOWP application is quite straight forward!...
Financial proof and personal assets is key.... Check back... The applicants who have been approved without a SoA usually have proof of their current employment (payslips/introduction letters/pension etc)..
Employment serves as financial proof and economic tie to home country.
Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2017
Please I sent you a pm @Folaroyal with due respect, I would like you to help me review my complete package LOE and all before submission. Thank you
Folaroyal:

Aww.. After about 4 months wait!.. Sorry about that and thanks for the very insightful post!!
If you have read some of my posts back from Canada study permit thread.. You'll notice that i am not a fan of agents.

Thank God it is the story of refusal you are sharing now, many others bagged 5 years inadmissibility into Canada due to Agents unprofessional handling..... Imagine being banned on an SOWP

You know i can be almost certain that you would have been approved if you did the application yourself!.... SOWP application is quite straight forward!...
Financial proof and personal assets is key.... Check back... The applicants who have been approved without a SoA usually have proof of their current employment (payslips/introduction letters/pension etc)..
Employment serves as financial proof and economic tie to home country.
Regards.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ridwanshittuyahoocom: 8:26am On Apr 06, 2017
Odianose13:

Bro, u shud look critically at that opportunity before u commit ursef far into it. As simple as that. Have u called them yet?
yes av called them but the line is busy and have mail them, and the respond was that it is Frm them that I shld go ahead with it. mail them at info@aquadaylight.com

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dfela: 8:29am On Apr 06, 2017
Please I'm new to this forum, I just got an admission to a Canadian University for my Msc, My wife also secured an admission for her PhD, we decided that I defer mine while she applies for a study visa since her program is longer, We (including my children) currently all have valid visiting VISA to canada, I visited last year and my wife visited this year. My question is: should I apply for the Open work permit along with her Study Visa or should we wait for her Study Visa to be approved, we all travel together and I now apply for Open Work Permit when we get to Canada? Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 06, 2017
Dfela:
Please I'm new to this forum, I just got an admission to a Canadian University for my Msc, My wife also secured an admission for her PhD, we decided that I defer mine while she applies for a study visa since her program is longer, We (including my children) currently all have valid visiting VISA to canada, I visited last year and my wife visited this year. My question is: should I apply for the Open work permit along with her Study Visa or should we wait for her Study Visa to be approved, we all travel together and I now apply for Open Work Permit when we get to Canada? Thank you.
Check well... Above... You just answered your query... shocked
Regards.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 11:25am On Apr 06, 2017
I'm still awaiting you response to my pm request.thank you
Markab:
Please I sent you a pm @Folaroyal with due respect, I would like you to help me review my complete package LOE and all before submission. Thank you
quote author=Folaroyal post=55309851]
Regards.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 11:26am On Apr 06, 2017
I'm still waiting for your response to my pm request @Folaroyal

Markab:
Folaroyal:

Regards.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 06, 2017
Markab:
bayoroyal76@gmail.com
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Sent
Folaroyal:

bayoroyal76@gmail.com
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2017
@kasco2pro! How can I reach you please? It's really urgent. Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.