Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802998 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sevenody: 5:36am On Apr 16, 2017
Pls can someone help respond??

cant we link paper sowp to online account? Ive tried unsuccessfully like 20xs. And I know I'm putting in the correct info. He's a first time applicant so no UCI and no application number since it's a paper application. But my daughter's application has been linked only hubby's own (sowp). Has anyone successfully linked sowp to online account b4?
Thanks guys.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
BE811APP:

I tried replying ur PM but it bounces back..
ok, can i have ur email address. Tanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aseunla: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
Hi all,
I just joined today and having read thru some of the post I feel like I know a lot
A big congrats to everyone who has received their sowp
Pls I need help on format for spouse LOE from the offis.

Tnx
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aseunla: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2017
Pls be kind to share a copy of your introduction letter from employer

Tnx

Psalt:
I have been a silent reader until I asked a question in January about how to update my 28week old application with my husband's renewed study permit (as the old one was going to expire in March).
Well, I got good news!!!
After two previous visa denials and a wait of 33weeks and 4days on my third application I got the Long awaited visa.

-Application submitted : July 28, 2016
-Did biometrics : July 29th 2016
-Updated hubby's new study permit : Jan 16, 2017
-Medical request : February 14 (Most wonderful Val gift I got from God...Yay!!! )
- Did Medicals : Feb 15
-Passed Medicals : Feb 17
-Passport request : Feb 23 ( I booked my flight the same day...hahahaha, couldn't wait no more)
-Passport pick up : Feb 28...
Got my Work permit and social insurance no at the point of entry.
I entered prepared with our wedding album & frames, my correspondence letter, wedding cert, hubby's renewed study permit, hubby's visa page and data page and several other documents, hoping to give the immigration officer anyone he wants... alas ! He only asked to see hubby's study permit and then it was welcome to Canada...lol.

To those who have been denied, please don't give up,
To those still waiting don't be discouraged because when I got here I realised the wait was worth.

Here are the supporting documents I submitted with my application :
- My LOE
- Hubby's LOE
- Wedding pictures & our Old pictures
- Wedding certificate
- Hubby's Car registration
- Hubby's phone bill
- Hubby's statement of account
- Hubby's data page, visa page & study permit
- Hubby's confirmation of enrollment in school
- My Letter of employment
- Introduction letter from my employer
- 3 months pay slip from my work
- My ID from work
- My landed property
- My birth certificate
- My bank statement of account (indicated in my LOE a particular amount that hubby sent ahead for my flight expenses n miscellaneous).

Beyond all these documents, it was God that did it because I submitted necessary documents in my previous applications.
God never fails... tho his promises may tarry yet he makes all things beautiful in His own time.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shola1064: 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
Passport Request Letter Sent...............

11 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Vitaliy006: 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
Passport Request. Thank you Jesus

11 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jpepper: 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
Passport request... grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by suziee83: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ceekoneal: 7:14am On Apr 21, 2017
Passport request grin good luck to those still waiting you shall receive good new in Jesus name!!!

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
Congratulations to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 7:21am On Apr 24, 2017
Hello my people? Is this thread not functioning again?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 7:53am On Apr 24, 2017
Greeting everyone here. after going through the thread from 0-28pages i was so pleased to ask my question here. I have gotten my TRV for sept 2017 session to start my Msc in university of saskatchewan. Am married with a daughter and I intend to apply for SOWP for my wife when I finally leave nigeria in august. thou am not the one that will do the application but my wife will do it here in lagos <paper route. again I am going for two years masters program and my passport will expire by july 2018 but I am gonna renew my passport and study permit next year.
My questions are stated below:

1. should my wife wait till i renew my passport before July next year? I wont lie to you all, I assured her that by december dis year she will applied because doing my own application she was so worried that am leaving but na for the best ooooooooo.

2. Can she apply by that December I told her she would because I know my God and her application will be approved, Can we renew our study permit and SOWP permit respectively in canada?

3. I have almost gathered all her documents she will be needing, just remain my study permit and letter from my dept that am offered a TA (teaching assistantship)

4. She does business. she has her own shop where she sells babies wear, diapers and the rest baby things ....Una know all women. her business has been registered and again she study Business Administration in the university. Can she submit all academics credentials too? just to prove she does business and she is an entrepreneur?

Please oooo Guru make una advise me. I will miss her and she will also. please house help me I know nothing ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by arrJay(f): 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=easyzworld post=55019437]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ifyese: 9:29am On Apr 26, 2017
I think u shuld wait to renew ur passport before she apply. I dont really know much tho

uote author=wealth360 post=55860114]Greeting everyone here. after going through the thread from 0-28pages i was so pleased to ask my question here. I have gotten my TRV for sept 2017 session to start my Msc in university of saskatchewan. Am married with a daughter and I intend to apply for SOWP for my wife when I finally leave nigeria in august. thou am not the one that will do the application but my wife will do it here in lagos <paper route. again I am going for two years masters program and my passport will expire by july 2018 but I am gonna renew my passport and study permit next year.
My questions are stated below:

1. should my wife wait till i renew my passport before July next year? I wont lie to you all, I assured her that by december dis year she will applied because doing my own application she was so worried that am leaving but na for the best ooooooooo.

2. Can she apply by that December I told her she would because I know my God and her application will be approved, Can we renew our study permit and SOWP permit respectively in canada?

3. I have almost gathered all her documents she will be needing, just remain my study permit and letter from my dept that am offered a TA (teaching assistantship)

4. She does business. she has her own shop where she sells babies wear, diapers and the rest baby things ....Una know all women. her business has been registered and again she study Business Administration in the university. Can she submit all academics credentials too? just to prove she does business and she is an entrepreneur?

Please oooo Guru make una advise me. I will miss her and she will also. please house help me I know nothing ooooo[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ifyese: 9:32am On Apr 26, 2017
This thread is becoming too cold. I guess everyone has gone to canada

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ifyese: 7:00am On Apr 27, 2017
@shola1064 @vitaliy006 @jpepper has any of u gotten ur passport back after submission
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atiteb4: 7:13am On Apr 27, 2017
Please am confused o.. .how can a single person get an open work permit from Nigeria to hustle fully in Canada.....please help me out am tired of Nigeria
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shola1064: 7:53am On Apr 27, 2017
Ifyese:
@shola1064 @vitaliy006 @jpepper has any of u gotten ur passport back after submission

No, they said a week or maximum two weeks, tomorrow will make it a week I submitted my passport here in vfs, Abuja.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shola1064: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
A

9 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atiteb4: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
atiteb4:
Please am confused o.. .how can a single person get an open work permit from Nigeria to hustle fully in Canada.....please help me out am tired of Nigeria
please someone help a brother out embarassed
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Odianose13(m): 7:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Shola1064:
Application approved!!! Ottawa here I come, anybody going to Ottawa lets hook up.

Wish everyone a successful application.

Congrats bro.... God is great..... Enjoy!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Vitaliy006: 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
I just checked..... I ran after I saw Shola1064 post

Application Approved!!!!. Thank you Jesus.
Super Excited. I dnt even know how to to express it. Looool

Lord I am soooo grateful...

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Odianose13(m): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
Vitaliy006:

Its God's grace dear. Welcome to Canada! My wife's was also approved today. We give God all the glory. Shola1064 just spoke with me

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iyalodeofcanada: 10:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hello everyone, finally my husband's application was approved. Now I have a few questions for veterans in this sowp route wink

1) My TRV expires august ending and he was given the same duration i.e ( He was given till when my study permit expires)

2) Contrary to earlier plans, I can't finish up until the end of spring (August) invariably I will have to extend my study permit. Now the conditions of extension for me are clearly stated on CIC's website. However, I can not find any information regarding extension of sowp visa for spouse of international students. Now how do we get to extend his own work permit as well since i am extending my study permit and his work permit is dependent on my study permit??

3) He will be coming in by June, so we have to really cross her i's and t's. Does anyone knows other legal formula to get him to stay just "in "case assuming i am not extending my study permit? I seem not to find any unless he will change his status to a visitor.

Please help me ooooo. cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jpepper: 3:29am On Apr 28, 2017
Application approved grin

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 6:01am On Apr 28, 2017
Shola1064:
Application approved!!! Ottawa here I come, anybody going to Ottawa lets hook up.

Wish everyone a successful application.
Congrats. I'm in Ottawa. We can meet

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Innogee: 6:16am On Apr 28, 2017
Good day House, I applied for study permit to run my PGD in Canada starting 7 May, 2017.
I have applied since 10 February, 2017 and my medical have been passed because I did upfront medical.
However, my status have been Your application is in progress for more than two months now.
Please what should I do since my program is starting in a week time.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 9:14am On Apr 28, 2017
Innogee:
Good day House, I applied for study permit to run my PGD in Canada starting 7 May, 2017.
I have applied since 10 February, 2017 and my medical have been passed because I did upfront medical.
However, my status have been Your application is in progress for more than two months now.
Please what should I do since my program is starting in a week time.

https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/168#55994917
goto that link and ask thats for student visa
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 9:21am On Apr 28, 2017
Vitaliy006:

God bless you and your family. congrats. am happy for you and i know I will celebrate like you too. please kindly help with how my wife can write her SOP for he SOWP application. pls help a brother. akinwealth360@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by chigrad: 10:46am On Apr 29, 2017
Good day house. Got some questions
1. If one has gotten student VISA and then decides to defer to the next semester due to some health challenge, is it possible for that person to invite his spouse via SOWP? Or must you be in session before this can be done?
Pls note that school fees and accommodation has already been paid
your kind response is needed as this is urgent. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ekinado: 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
my people una do well o, abeg I get one question, please can I apply for SOWP here and My Husband apply for Permanent Resident Visa for me over there at the same time? Abeg I need your advice and please what are the docs for PRV. Thank you All. congratulations to you all on your Application Approval!!!!!!! I wan be like una
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 7:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
Yes you can. Ur SOWP is a temporary residence visa while the PR is a permanent one in 2 different categories. So yes you can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: aurorae1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.