Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803625 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 5:57am On Jun 10, 2023
Yes! Got it about an hour ago.

mrlycan:

Have you gotten the biometric collection letter? I am beginning to get worried.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mrlycan: 6:31am On Jun 10, 2023
Goldentony2nice:
Yes! Got it about an hour ago.

Kindly WhatsApp me please 0 8 one 3 nine sis sis 4 9 o 9. Need to ask about the biometric letter. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Joedave25: 6:32am On Jun 10, 2023
Hello house, kindly come to my aid please on below issue

Joedave25:
Please i need assistance. I have been trying to upload attachment on my SPOUSE application and its been showing "remove document with a yellow colour button" on several times i've tried since yesterday. Same on the children Client information space where i want to upload their birth certificate and NIN. Kindly help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glock22: 6:53am On Jun 10, 2023
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2023
Send a mail.
mrlycan:

Kindly WhatsApp me please 0 8 one 3 nine sis sis 4 9 o 9. Need to ask about the biometric letter. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2023
Joedave25:
Hello house, kindly come to my aid please on below issue

It’s normal, it’s showing you that option incase you want replace the documen or you want to correct a mistake. Once you submit, it will not show again
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2023
GbemiBukk:
it was part of the POF like a supporting acct before , but it was having 7k when we submitted.
the total amount was removed to support my brother travelling to the UK and he just landed last week, asking him for a refund is way too early

I will advice you get the amount that was removed back to your account and explain it. Wither you explain it was sent to another account for some purpose or which ever explanation that will make it fly.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 11:47am On Jun 10, 2023
My brother, sometimes, it is very difficult to assist or comment because the situation is unique or new. Some of us do things without consultation, and thereafter seek advise when we could have done that from the beginnning.

POF for Canada is very important you do not give room for doubts. If you pull out large chunk of money, and later return the same or in bits, it calls for suspicion. Those IRCC guys have seeen cases and I pray you can tell a good story why this happened.

Dear all reading, if you have means of getting money to take care of bills that shows up in between your application, please do so. Touching your POF in btw is risky. I am not saying people do not get away with it, but why jeopardize your chances of getting approval?

Well, at the end, it all depends on your priority and not any.

Good luck!

GbemiBukk:
it was part of the POF like a supporting acct before , but it was having 7k when we submitted.
the total amount was removed to support my brother travelling to the UK and he just landed last week, asking him for a refund is way too early
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2023
PCC not required for temporary residence applications. RCMP does the criminality checks for them. But for permanent residence applications, you will definitely need it.
Goldentony2nice:
I never said it is required. Read my lines. I only advised him/her to include it.

I read widely and I maintain that PCC is a very important document for a work permit. The fact that some visas are approved without them does not mean it’s not important. You are right, the VO may bypass it based on some other considerations and go ahead with approval. Whereas, in some instances when it is included, the VO may be convinced that you do not have a bad record and complete a decision based on that.

Anyone going to work should ordinarily show a clean criminal and medical record. If you can afford it, it’s better to include it. Thanks.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
Goldentony2nice:
I strongly advice you to include it.

Your reason?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mrlycan: 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
Goldentony2nice:

Send a mail.

Sent you a mail.....kindly respond
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wavyfavy: 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
Please is does anybody know how long it takes ircc to update the biometrics done
I have done mine since Ike week now and it’s still haven’t been updated
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
Mine took a week.

Wavyfavy:
Please is does anybody know how long it takes ircc to update the biometrics done
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:42am On Jun 12, 2023
This is a recent development. I would say they are having a lot of applications; hence, this issue coming up more often nowadays. But rest assured, is not an issue.

To hasty the process, send webforms and emails to them.

Good luck!

Wavyfavy:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 7:46am On Jun 12, 2023
OkukuOne:
My brother, sometimes, it is very difficult to assist or comment because the situation is unique or new. Some of us do things without consultation, and thereafter seek advise when we could have done that from the beginnning.

POF for Canada is very important you do not give room for doubts. If you pull out large chunk of money, and later return the same or in bits, it calls for suspicion. Those IRCC guys have seeen cases and I pray you can tell a good story why this happened.

Dear all reading, if you have means of getting money to take care of bills that shows up in between your application, please do so. Touching your POF in btw is risky. I am not saying people do not get away with it, but why jeopardize your chances of getting approval?

Well, at the end, it all depends on your priority and not any.

Good luck!

Boss, No be willingness in most cases...Na condition. grin
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sure, but we need to discuss it and find the best approach before jeopardizing our chances, and not medicine after death.

Accessed:

Boss, No be willingness in most cases...Na condition. grin
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nues1769: 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
Please I need help I got admission to scheridan college for 1 year graduate certificate and I am about to apply for visa
Can I apply with my spouse at the same time for visa or I should wait until I get my own visa .
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2023
Is up to you. IF you have the required POF, and a good love story, why not?

Again, it all depends on you. Either way is okay. See conditions below for better understanding:

1. Going alone is perfect if you have limited POF.

2. Going with all family requires reasoable POF and a nice SOP.

Good luck!

nues1769:
Please I need help I got admission to scheridan college for 1 year graduate certificate and I am about to apply for visa
Can I apply with my spouse at the same time for visa or I should wait until I get my own visa .
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nues1769: 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2023
Ok thanks
OkukuOne:
Is up to you. IF you have the required POF, and a good love story, why not?

Again, it all depends on you. Either way is okay. See conditions below for better understanding:

1. Going alone is perfect if you have limited POF.

2. Going with all family requires reasoable POF and a nice SOP.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glock22: 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2023
Can anyone point me towards the IRCC page for SOWP? I only see OWP.

2. Where do I see the POF breakdown?

3. What are good home ties? Especially as family is all coming along?

4. Is anyone willing to share a sample of their SOP for a case where the student spouse is yet to land?

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bidemshotbabe: 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2023
Please what is application transferred to local office Nairobi for SOWP and Study Permit for my kids, while hubby pgwp approved
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2023
Glock22:

Can anyone point me towards the IRCC page for SOWP? I only see OWP.

Click on the link below, scroll down, click on register, and continue to answer questions as they pop out.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

2. Where do I see the POF breakdown?

click on link below, but i would advise you give small buffer.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

3. What are good home ties? Especially as family is all coming along?

Aged parent of both spouses, landed properties, registered businesses, etc.

4. Is anyone willing to share a sample of their SOP for a case where the student spouse is yet to land?

I believe someone here can help out on this. Alternatively, you can search on youtube.

Thanks a lot.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glock22: 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
OkukuOne:

Good luck!

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glock22: 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2023
OkukuOne:

Good luck!

Quick question please

Having shown POF for the student, do I need to show the student portion again for SOWP?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:15am On Jun 14, 2023
No, and Yes.

No, if you are not the sponsor, and yes, if you are the sponsor (You need to prove that the funds is well enough to care for all parties and not take from the first party to care for other parites).

All the best.

Glock22:

Quick question please

Having shown POF for the student, do I need to show the student portion again for SOWP?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 7:53am On Jun 14, 2023
Glock22:

Quick question please

If the fund available will not cover your expenses and your family expenses. Please don’t bother explaining your expenses. Just a write simple letter of sponsorship for your family and attach your bank statements. I have seen student that are actively studying providing their bank statements for SOWP.

Don’t bother explaining your own funds, just a letter stating you will sponsoring your family and proof of the funds in your account. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
It's advisable to apply at the same time if you have the required fund. One year goes so fast.

Just show enough evidence of relationship and home ties.

nues1769:
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2023
technix:
It's advisable to apply at the same time if you have the required fund. One year goes so fast.

Just show enough evidence of relationship and home ties.

Infact at this rate that it seems IRCC has entered sleep mode again, it is better to just do family application if the POF is sufficient. But the effect of this FX unification on POF is another matter that will start haunting Japarians now .
Anyway, this thread has been inactive because IRCC has really slowed down. IRCC share PPRs please.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DREAMHILS: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hi all. I need your inputs. My husband applied for sowp with me. He used his old passport which will expire in Dec. He got a new passport before ppr and submitted both the old and new passports when the request came. His new passport was stamped. But both the passport and letter of introduction states his visa is valid till Dec 2023 while mine is valid till Sept 2025.

Please, how can this be resolved in short time?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
I think the approval letter was already generated long before it was sent. Anyway, no need to fret. The counterfoil will not be issued/stamped twice here in Nigeria. Wait patiently till you get to Canada and send mail to IRCC to effect the correction.

However, you can send a web form now to trigger the issue.

This is my own thought line, and i strongy believe it will fly.

Good luck!

DREAMHILS:
Hi all. I need your inputs. My husband applied for sowp with me. He used his old passport which will expire in Dec. He got a new passport before ppr and submitted both the old and new passports when the request came. His new passport was stamped. But both the passport and letter of introduction states his visa is valid till Dec 2023 while mine is valid till Sept 2025.

Please, how can this be resolved in short time?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DREAMHILS: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
OkukuOne:
I think the approval letter was already generated long before it was sent. Anyway, no need to fret. The counterfoil will not be issued/stamped twice here in Nigeria. Wait patiently till you get to Canada and send mail to IRCC to effect the correction.

However, you can send a web form now to trigger the issue.

This is my own thought line, and i strongy believe it will fly.

Good luck!

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Joedave25: 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hello guys…Please how long does it take to receive Biometric collection letter. I applied for my family since the 11th of June. The letter hasn’t dropped.

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.