Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803278 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
If it is avaliable you can add it; however, if not avaliable, you can add your study permit, work permit, SIN, student ID, pay stubs, etc.

Good luck!

Rasakiopoewa:
Pls is it a must to submit canadian college transcript ( first semester) of your husband or wife now with your sowp. Okuku pls and gurus
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
Congrats, it will come out shortly. However, i will advise you raise a webform to speed up the process.

Good luck!

keleto:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please kindly advise me on what to do from here.......... My wife and 3 kids got their medical request and they did the medical on
May 29th, the 3 kids got their MEDICALS PASSED on May 31. Two of the children got PPR on June 1st (study visa), but the 3rd child (visit visa) has not received PPR . Also my wife Status is still showing medical proccessing for only herself.

Please what do you advice i do.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
Spouse can apply for sowp now, but you have to consider writing a mouthwatering LOE/LOI. It is about telling a good story. Nothing is impossible.

Secondly, fill the questionnaire (GC Key) and it will generate documents req'd.

Good luck!

Lbell59:
Hi guys,
Please I need help. My study permit has just been approved. My resumption is for winter 2024.
Question.
1. Can my spouse apply for open work permit now
2. What documents can I submit since am still in Nigeria.

I would really appreciate your advice.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
let her apply for VV for her. Let her answer the questionnaire (GC Key) and req'd documents will be known thereafter.

Good luck to her!

Queenfunlola:
a friend just got her study permit and wants to apply for her new baby now (alone) what document does she needs pleas HELP !
@headyworld @okukuone @everybody please help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
It is normal, but you can send a webform to remind them. Though here have experienced this in the past and it all returned successful much later.
Good luck!

Cheebu:
Hi everyone.
Been a while. I recently submitted SOWP application for my wife & VV for our kid. But it's 5 days now and they're yet to get the biometric appointment letter. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
No, but in thier case, that is what transpired. send webform and wait for them to respond.

Cheebu:

So the biometrics letter came with a passport request. Is that what you mean?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
Yes, your medical MUST still be valid before you are allowed in Canada. Do a new one and send it through a webform to IRCC.

Good luck!

May06:
Medicals for Canada

Hello everyone, Please does anyone know whether I will have to do another medical exam if my results expire before I enter Canada?

I have a work permit & temporary visa. However, I am considering staying back in Nigeria to sort some issues before travelling to Canada. Issue is my Medicals will expire soon. Does anyone know if I will need to do a new medical exam before I can be allowed to enter Canada? Please advise. Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
May06:
Medicals for Canada

Hello everyone, Please does anyone know whether I will have to do another medical exam if my results expire before I enter Canada?

I have a work permit & temporary visa. However, I am considering staying back in Nigeria to sort some issues before travelling to Canada. Issue is my Medicals will expire soon. Does anyone know if I will need to do a new medical exam before I can be allowed to enter Canada? Please advise. Thank you.

Yes, your medical must be valid at point of entry. If your medical expire before you travel, you must do another medical
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by May06: 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

Yes, your medical must be valid at point of entry. If your medical expire before you travel, you must do another medical

Thank you HEADYWORLD
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
As promised, I said I will return to give my landing gist.

We arrived in Canada on June-05-2023.

Litte heads up here:

Every case is unique. We landed and went through Immigration without one question being asked. This does not mean others will not be questioned.

The family size is a spouse, and 3 kids.

Our ONLY undoing which I fought for a better bargain the next day, was that we missed our flight for our last leg because of not creating sufficient time btw arriving in Canada (Immigration checks) to departing to our final destination (home). Our time was just an hour and 20mins. No good enough. I will strongly advise you to give a 3hours window to allow immigration checks. Most times the queues are very long. Trust me, you do not want to miss your flight because it will/may destabilize you.

I missed my flight and the ONLY avaliable flight to my final destination was 8th. I was given accomodation for a night by Air Canada "Free of Charge" for 5th night. I still got to stay in Montreal from 6,7 and leave on the 8th afternoon. It was going to be a very long 72hours for me and my kids.

The next day, I left the hotel for the airport to go and try my luck. I got there and luckily for me, I saw seat for all 4 of us for 6th. I quickly asked the little angel to reschedule my flight for 6th, as I return to the hotel to bring my kids to the airport. To cut long story short, we got back to the airport and boarded the flight and the rest they said, is history.

Lessons learned have been shared. anothe learning from me from one of the front desk Air Canada ladies, was that, we have too many chiefs but few indains. This got me cracking even when I was mad. It was a case of everyone proving they know too much. what they can do to assist or learn, they prove to know it all, and by so doing make people's life miseable.

Good luck to all prospective families here. God that did ours, we perfect evey one of us application and dreams.

May Canada and Canadians be kind to us all.

We will continue to excel. Bonjour!

@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, technix, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, et al,

PPR Alert for my kids first. We believe that for spouse will drop shortly!

Timeline will be shared much later.

To God be all the glory.

We applied as family of 4. All children request for passport has dropped about an hour ago but spouse's own is yet to drop. Is there any reason why dependents came in first? any need to be worried?

Should i send them webform or wait for a day/two, if nothing then i send webform(s)?

I will be glad to hear from you all shortly.

The tension is high. we need to plan how to send passports and move.

Thanks, in anticipation.

God nor go shame us all![[/b]/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2023

Litte heads up here:

Every case is unique. We landed and went through Immigration without one question being asked. This does not mean others will not be questioned.

Our ONLY undoing which I fought for a better bargain the next day, was that we missed our flight for our last leg because of not creating sufficient time btw arriving in Canada (Immigration checks) to depart to our final destination (home). Our time was just an hour and 20mins. No good enough. I will strongly advise you to give a 3hours window to allow immigration checks. Most times the queues are very long. Trust me, you do not want to miss your flight because it will/may destabilize you.

I missed my flight and the ONLY available flight to my final destination was the 8th. I was given accommodation for a night by Air Canada "Free of Charge" for the 5th night. I still got to stay in Montreal from 6,7 and leave on the 8th afternoon. It was going to be a very long 72 hours for me and my kids.

The next day, I left the hotel for the airport to go and try my luck. I got there and luckily for me, I saw seats for all 4 of us for 6th. I quickly asked the little angel to reschedule my flight for the 6th, as I return to the hotel to bring my kids to the airport. To cut long story short, we got back to the airport and boarded the flight, and the rest they said, is history.

Lessons learned have been shared. Another learning from me, one of the ladies from the front desk of Air Canada, was that, we have too many chiefs but few indains. This got me cracking even when I was mad. It was a case of everyone proving they know too much. what they can do to assist or learn, they prove to know it all, and by so doing, they make people's life miserable.

Good luck to all prospective families here. God that did ours, will perfect every one of our application and dreams.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Misstolaly(f): 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hi Keleto,

Good afternoon, has your wife and other kid gotten their PPR now? I got my Study Permit last year and applied for SOWP for my spouse and SP/VV for my 2 kids last month. SOWP has dropped for my spouse but medical still being reviewed for my 2 kids. kindly confirm if you eventually raised a webform and/or how soon the PPR for the other members of your family dropped.

PS: I am still in Nigeria and my course starts Fall 2023, so I'll advise people not to wait till they get to Canada before applying for other family members, God's favour will continue to speak for us all.

keleto:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please kindly advise me on what to do from here.......... My wife and 3 kids got their medical request and they did the medical on
May 29th, the 3 kids got their MEDICALS PASSED on May 31. Two of the children got PPR on June 1st (study visa), but the 3rd child (visit visa) has not received PPR . Also my wife Status is still showing medical proccessing for only herself.

Please what do you advice i do.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
May06:
Medicals for Canada

Yes you will have to travel with a valid medical result
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
OkukuOne:

Litte heads up here:

Our ONLY undoing which I fought for a better bargain the next day, was that we missed our flight for our last leg because of not creating sufficient time btw arriving in Canada (Immigration checks) to departing to our final destination (home). Our time was just an hour and 20mins. No good enough. I will strongly advise you to give a 3hours window to allow immigration checks. Most times the queues are very long. Trust me, you do not want to miss your flight because it will/may destabilize you.

I missed my flight and the ONLY avaliable flight to my final destination was 8th. I was given accomodation for a night by Air Canada "Free of Charge" for 5th night. I still got to stay in Montreal from 6,7 and leave on the 8th afternoon. It was going to be a very long 72hours for me and my kids.

The next day, I left the hotel for the airport to go and try my luck. I got there and luckily for me, I saw seat for all 4 of us for 6th. I quickly asked the little angel to reschedule my flight for 6th, as I return to the hotel to bring my kids to the airport. To cut long story short, we got back to the airport and boarded the flight and the rest they said, is history.

Lessons learned have been shared. anothe learning from me from one of the front desk Air Canada ladies, was that, we have too many chiefs but few indains. This got me cracking even when I was mad. It was a case of everyone proving they know too much. what they can do to assist or learn, they prove to know it all, and by so doing make people's life miseable.

Good luck to all prospective families here. God that did ours, we perfect evey one of us application and dreams.

Aaah, so quick? u don japa immediately without wasting time. grin grin
Congrats and may the land favor you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Quick one pls;

How long does it take to get your passport back after submission for stamping at VFS? How many days pls?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
Misstolaly:
Hi Keleto,

Good afternoon, has your wife and other kid gotten their PPR now? I got my Study Permit last year and applied for SOWP for my spouse and SP/VV for my 2 kids last month. SOWP has dropped for my spouse but medical still being reviewed for my 2 kids. kindly confirm if you eventually raised a webform and/or how soon the PPR for the other members of your family dropped.

PS: I am still in Nigeria and my course starts Fall 2023, so I'll advise people not to wait till they get to Canada before applying for other family members, God's favour will continue to speak for us all.

To God be the glory.
PPR finally dropped for my wife and 3rd kid yesterday morning.
Timeline----‐ Application submitted April 25 for spouse and 3 kids.
Medical done on May 29th.
Medical requested May 26th
Medical passed May 31st.
PPR for 2 kids June 1st
Webform raised June 4th
PPR for wife and 3rd kid June 7th.

Husband on a work permit in Canada.
What God cannot do really does not exist

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
OkukuOne:

Litte heads up here:

Bro, please how was the flight fare?
I learnt is over 1 million naira per individual now.
Can you update me the flight?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zeb04(f): 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
OkukuOne:

Litte heads up here:

@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, technix, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, et al,

PPR Alert for my kids first. We believe that for spouse will drop shortly!

Timeline will be shared much later.

To God be all the glory.

We applied as family of 4. All children request for passport has dropped about an hour ago but spouse's own is yet to drop. Is there any reason why dependents came in first? any need to be worried?

Should i send them webform or wait for a day/two, if nothing then i send webform(s)?

I will be glad to hear from you all shortly.

The tension is high. we need to plan how to send passports and move.

Thanks, in anticipation.

God nor go shame us all![[/b]/quote]

Bonjour comment ca va?

I am going to Quebec also. It will be nice to connect with you and the fam.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
OkukuOne:

Litte heads up here:

I SENT YOU A MAIL BRO
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
OkukuOne:

Litte heads up here:

Welcome to maple land! May you find favour here.

Indeed I will advise the allowance for connecting flight from Toronto to other destinations in Canada be about 3 hrs if you are with kids (because they give priority to families with kids during the checks at the airport) and upto 5 hrs if you are an adult and not a PR.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
you never know before they change their mind. grin grin grin

hommiekr:

Aaah, so quick? u don japa immediately without wasting time. grin grin
Congrats and may the land favor you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
btw 6 - 12days

Good luck!

DolphA:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Quick one pls;

How long does it take to get your passport back after submission for stamping at VFS? How many days pls?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
keleto:

To God be the glory.
PPR finally dropped for my wife and 3rd kid yesterday morning.
Timeline----‐ Application submitted April 25 for spouse and 3 kids.
Medical done on May 29th.
Medical requested May 26th
Medical passed May 31st.
PPR for 2 kids June 1st
Webform raised June 4th
PPR for wife and 3rd kid June 7th.

Husband on a work permit in Canada.
What God cannot do really does not exist

Congratulations! May Maple Land favour you!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
3.6m for all 4 of us (Lufthansa). Though you can get cheaper flights for some other airlines, but i choose comfirt for my kids over money. For once, let them be comfortable and experience good taste.

keleto:

Bro, please how was the flight fare?
I learnt is over 1 million naira per individual now.
Can you update me the flight?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
I am not in Quebec but far north. I wish i was.

Good luck!

zeb04:

Bonjour comment ca va?

I am going to Quebec also. It will be nice to connect with you and the fam.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SeekerOfTalents: 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
Which medical center did you use?

I used IOM and sent them an email to show proof they had submitted to IRCC. Once they sent that, I filled a webform and attached the medical.

Accessed:

Hi Gurus,

Please do you use webform to send upfront medicals after application? since it has not been requested by IRCC.

And do you combine the e-medical sheets for the Spouse and the kids as one while sending via webform or you do it individually for them.?

I will appreciate your responses bosses!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GbemiBukk(f): 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Please I need help on how to address this request letter.

IRCC asked for updated proof of funds.
How do I addressed it ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SeekerOfTalents: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
I struggled to book from QLife so ended up using IOM and I had a good experience. Try to get a Friday date, I hear because they close at 1pm they are faster on Fridays.

Princessmay11:
Any response please?? πŸ™
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 2:31am On Jun 08, 2023
OkukuOne:
3.6m for all 4 of us (Lufthansa). Though you can get cheaper flights for some other airlines, but i choose comfirt for my kids over money. For once, let them be comfortable and experience good taste.

I like that! grin Let the kids have a memorable experience jare.

But was there any significant difference between the fares; for you and the minors?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by labasulla(f): 4:39am On Jun 08, 2023
My people,

A friend got her PPR yesterday but her son's status is showing final decision but no PPR or BVL.

Should she email IRCC or her PPR covers for both of us?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gglakeside79: 4:57am On Jun 08, 2023
Cheebu:
Hi everyone.
Been a while. I recently submitted SOWP application for my wife & VV for our kid. But it's 5 days now and they're yet to get the biometric appointment letter. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

@Cheebu. Good Evening !! Same with me, bro. Mine since June 4. Your family received theirs? If yes, did u send any web form?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2023
GbemiBukk:
Please I need help on how to address this request letter.

IRCC asked for updated proof of funds.
How do I addressed it ?

If the fund is still intact, go to your bank to get another statement and a reference letter.submit it

But if the fund has reduced significantly, make up for it before printing and explain it thoroughly. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.