Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803143 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
OkukuOne:
you never know before they change their mind. grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GbemiBukk(f): 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
Thank you,
The funds has reduced significantly as part of it was used for land purchase and the other was used to support siblings for travelling to the UK.
But my spouse has almost 10K Cad as she is already in canada.
how do we address this.
Also wont it be a lump sum if we are to make it up before printing ?

HEADYWORLD:

If the fund is still intact, go to your bank to get another statement and a reference letter.submit it

But if the fund has reduced significantly, make up for it before printing and explain it thoroughly. All the best.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Misstolaly(f): 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
OkukuOne:
3.6m for all 4 of us (Lufthansa). Though you can get cheaper flights for some other airlines, but i choose comfirt for my kids over money. For once, let them be comfortable and experience good taste.

Hi, good afternoon.

Please, can you confirm if you booked directly on Lufthansa or which travelling agency you used. The prices I'm seeing are quite on the high side. Also, were you able to pay in Naira?

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mrlycan: 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
Goldentony2nice:
I’m in the same situation. No Biometrics Appointment Letter yet after submitting. It’s day 4 today.

Have you gotten the biometric collection letter? I am beginning to get worried.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2023
I’ve not received the biometrics collection letter. I’ve been checking regularly. I’m worried as well. Please, anyone in the same situation that has finally received the notification should let us know.

mrlycan:

Have you gotten the biometric collection letter? I am beginning to get worried.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
GbemiBukk:
Thank you,
The funds has reduced significantly as part of it was used for land purchase and the other was used to support siblings for travelling to the UK.
But my spouse has almost 10K Cad as she is already in canada.
how do we address this.
Also wont it be a lump sum if we are to make it up before printing ?

Uhmmm… this is where the issue is, if the 10k cad in your spouse account can make up for the reduction in POF, try merge the account and explain it convincingly enough. But your spouse Canadian account was not part of the POF before. How much was removed from the account??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
Pls can someone help me out on this.

My wife have up to 30th of this month to submit passport to VFS.
She booked appointment with vfs abuja (but did biometric in lagos) and they are giving her 20th of this month and there is no account number to pay the transmission fee. Also the date they gave her is too far. Don't know what to do. There are lots of complaints about unnecessary delay at lagos vfs.
Can she just submit in person at Lagos . Is it allowed.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FocusLasers: 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2023
Hello,
Send a webform stating your complaint and your application details to this:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

Try it for 3 days consecutively. It should work.

Goldentony2nice:
I’ve not received the biometrics collection letter. I’ve been checking regularly. I’m worried as well. Please, anyone in the same situation that has finally received the notification should let us know.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GbemiBukk(f): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
it was part of the POF like a supporting acct before , but it was having 7k when we submitted.
the total amount was removed to support my brother travelling to the UK and he just landed last week, asking him for a refund is way too early
HEADYWORLD:

Uhmmm… this is where the issue is, if the 10k cad in your spouse account can make up for the reduction in POF, try merge the account and explain it convincingly enough. But your spouse Canadian account was not part of the POF before. How much was removed from the account??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FocusLasers: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
Please let's continue sharing the good news on this thread o, timelines of application and the rest.
Much appreciation to all that has contributed to this thread, the Gurus and all.

Gracias!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 9:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
Thanks!

FocusLasers:
Hello,
Send a webform stating your complaint and your application details to this:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

Try it for 3 days consecutively. It should work.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2023
PPR!!!

Submitted: 4th of May, 2023
Biometrics: 10th of May, 2023
Upfront Medicals: 2nd of May, 2023
Correspondence Letter: 5th of June, 2023
Original Passport Request: 5th of June, 2023.

Thanks to everyone that has provided useful information on this platform. Thank you!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
keleto:

She booked appointment with vfs abuja (but did biometric in lagos) and they are giving her 20th of this month and there is no account number to pay the transmission fee. Also the date they gave her is too far. Don't know what to do. There are lots of complaints about unnecessary delay at lagos vfs.

Yes, you can submit in person at Lagos VFS. I submitted in person 2 days ago!
I don’t really know anything about the delays tho.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FocusLasers: 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing.

Please when did your eligibility started?

DolphA:
PPR!!!

Thanks to everyone that has provided useful information on this platform. Thank you!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenfunlola(f): 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2023
keleto:

You can bypass the whole appointment thing by using courier to submit (I used UPS) u can use them or DHL (Both is good). You don’t need appointments to use them, and u will get ur passport back in let’s say 2 weeks time.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Larryjam: 12:51am On Jun 09, 2023
Good evening good people. I got a work permit refusal today and this was the reason.
“The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)”
I intend to reapply, please advise me how to address this . Thank you in advance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Amy66666777(f): 12:53am On Jun 09, 2023
Larryjam:
Good evening good people. I got a work permit refusal today and this was the reason.
“The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)”
I intend to reapply, please advise me how to address this . Thank you in advance

So sorry for your refusal
Was it a closed work permit you applied for?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 2:22am On Jun 09, 2023
DolphA:
PPR!!!

Congratulations! was it a lone application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 2:33am On Jun 09, 2023
Larryjam:

I take my time research on this refusal reason and it’s only applicable closed work permit, if you have an offer from canada employer where the offer does not meet up the compensation bracket. Some visa officer are mistaking Closed work permit for open work permit. You can try reconsideration or re apply. Order your notes too to see more details of the refusal
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 5:01am On Jun 09, 2023
DolphA:
PPR!!!

Congratulations, do you eventually used the fixed deposit or you liquidated it?

How much is the POF?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 6:13am On Jun 09, 2023
Accessed:

Congratulations! was it a lone application?

Thank you. Yes, lone application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 6:18am On Jun 09, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

Congratulations, do you eventually used the fixed deposit or you liquidated it?

How much is the POF?

Thank you.

Yes, I used fixed deposit. I fixed for 3 months.

I used 5m and my spouse showed 6k+ cad$
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2023
Queenfunlola:

You can bypass the whole appointment thing by using courier to submit (I used UPS) u can use them or DHL (Both is good). You don’t need appointments to use them, and u will get ur passport back in let’s say 2 weeks time.

Thanks alot. We'll explained
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2023
DolphA:

Yes, you can submit in person at Lagos VFS. I submitted in person 2 days ago!
I don’t really know anything about the delays tho.

Thanks greatly
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 9:36am On Jun 09, 2023
DolphA:

Thank you.

Yes, I used fixed deposit. I fixed for 3 months.

I used 5m and my spouse showed 6k+ cad$

Thank you, is your spouse a student
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Princessmay11: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2023
Congratulations to you and your family. But how are you all doing it that you get a date for medicals 2 days after it was requested for? Because I got a request for medicals since 30th of May and the nearest date I could get is June 15th at IOM. Please help me!
keleto:

To God be the glory.
PPR finally dropped for my wife and 3rd kid yesterday morning.
Timeline----‐ Application submitted April 25 for spouse and 3 kids.
Medical done on May 29th.
Medical requested May 26th
Medical passed May 31st.
PPR for 2 kids June 1st
Webform raised June 4th
PPR for wife and 3rd kid June 7th.

Husband on a work permit in Canada.
What God cannot do really does not exist

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 11:01am On Jun 09, 2023
OkukuOne:
btw 6 - 12days

Good luck!

Thank you OkukuOne.

Did you submit to Lagos VFS?

I started reading about unnecessary delays from Lagos VFS after I have submitted there o.

I’m just so worried right now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

Thank you, is your spouse a student

Yes, she is a student.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 11:05am On Jun 09, 2023
DolphA:

Thank you OkukuOne.

Did you submit to Lagos VFS?

I started reading about unnecessary delays from Lagos VFS after I have submitted there o.

I’m just so worried right now.

just 10days wait .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2023
teamb:

just 10days wait .

Thank you.

I hope so o

Cos I read on Student Visa thread how some people waited for more than month before they got their passports back, earlier this year.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Truth106: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2023
PPR Alert
Timeline:
Application submitted: Jan 18 2023
Upfront Medicals: February 24
Medicals Updated: March 7
Eligibility started: May 16
BVL and PPR: June 8

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Amy66666777(f): 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
Truth106:
PPR Alert
Timeline:
Application submitted: Jan 18 2023
Upfront Medicals: February 24
Medicals Updated: March 7
Eligibility started: May 16
BVL and PPR: June 8

Congratulations 🎊

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.