Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,580 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (809384 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 11:53pm On Jan 25
I understand your point. This is where those with IT experience in Nigeria with their College Diploma in a good IT course can stand a chance.

Teer 1 to 3 maybe difficult but it is attainable in such case.

Rasakiopoewa:
You cannot beat it. Before you can apply for sowp with pgwp, you must be in Teer 1- 3 which is difficultt to get such job as a new graduate. There is a policy or a pilot that qualifies people presently enacted by Fraser allowing low skilled workers to bring their family. Unfortunately, this is a 2 year program which may end by January next year. Am not sure they will renew it cos they want to shut the door. The govt sees pgwp holders and students as same. So go now to submit your SOWP applicationto be on safe side. Best of luck

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 12:07am On Jan 26
Myworld111:
Exactly, has your eligibility started yet?

NO, it has not start but background verification is on progress already...

whats your own update?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 1:18am On Jan 26
If same POF used by ur spouse is what you are presenting, the system will pick it up as it was built to identify similarities in SOWP. How much did your spouse showed? He/She is yet to pay school fees and e.t.c. In their calculation, they will take that away from what you are showing to them cos it is same bank account and see if the rest is enough for you. There are a lot to all this thing. It would have been easy if she has paid for her school fees and in canada already. Am gonna leave it at that. Best of luck

quote author=evansky post=128127542]Hello, you said something about not applying with same account that was used for earlier. I have a situation, I was trying to build my account so I can apply May but after the announcement I decided to apply on Monday but with same Account I use in sponsoring my wife. I added my father’s inlaw account that has 14m closing balance plus the 10m remaining from mine. Am I safe or i should re-strategize my POF? Please I need answers.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Myworld111: 4:57am On Jan 26
Eligibility not started yet
BG in progress
Biometrics completed

sunwintrav:

NO, it has not start but background verification is on progress already...

whats your own update?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 5:03am On Jan 26
Myworld111:
BG in progress
Biometrics completed

God will approve it soon for us... the waiting time is so crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 5:49am On Jan 26
At first we showed 15m and her visa was approved, we have paid half of her school fees. Balance of $8300. Now I have 10m left before her visa was approved. I removed 5m to start building my own proof of funds but after the announcement i decided to apply immediately. I added her dad’s account to the proof of funds so we have around 23m in total now. Should I still add more funds to it? or the 23m is okay? I also declared asset worth N88m and a business that i earn 10m annually.

Rasakiopoewa:
If same POF used by ur spouse is what you are presenting, the system will pick it up as it was built to identify similarities in SOWP. How much did your spouse showed? He/She is yet to pay school fees and e.t.c. In their calculation, they will take that away from what you are showing to them cos it is same bank account and see if the rest is enough for you. There are a lot to all this thing. It would have been easy if she has paid for her school fees and in canada already. Am gonna leave it at that. Best of luck

quote author=evansky post=128127542]Hello, you said something about not applying with same account that was used for earlier. I have a situation, I was trying to build my account so I can apply May but after the announcement I decided to apply on Monday but with same Account I use in sponsoring my wife. I added my father’s inlaw account that has 14m closing balance plus the 10m remaining from mine. Am I safe or i should re-strategize my POF? Please I need answers.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 6:41am On Jan 26
Myworld111:
BG in progress
Biometrics completed

When did you summit your application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 7:26am On Jan 26
Cjnick:

When did you summit your application?

I submitted 18th october 2023, i cant sleep anymore
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Myworld111: 8:24am On Jan 26
The waiting time is worrisome

Fingers crossed
sunwintrav:

God will approve it soon for us... the waiting time is so crazy.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 8:25am On Jan 26
Myworld111:
The waiting time is worrisome

Fingers crossed

when did you submit?

i have lost much weight cos i hardly sleep and eat.....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Myworld111: 8:27am On Jan 26
I submitted on 28th October 2023

You should receive updates soon
sunwintrav:

I submitted 18th october 2023, i cant sleep anymore
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Myworld111: 8:29am On Jan 26
I understand the anxiety but health is paramount, so please eat and make merry,,good news coming soon
sunwintrav:

when did you submit?

i have lost much weight cos i hardly sleep and eat.....

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 8:39am On Jan 26
Myworld111:
I understand the anxiety but health is paramount, so please eat and make merry,,good news coming soon

Thank you so much.. we will receive the good news soon. i miss my wife alot.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Hennybabevicky: 8:41am On Jan 26
Hi guys,
My husband applied for Sop 13th of November, he did his biometric 23rd and his application has been on in progress since then, no update since the day of his biometric, even his medicals is yet to be uploaded and he did upfront
Should I be worried ? Cause it really frustrating
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Hennybabevicky: 8:43am On Jan 26
Hi guys,
My husband applied for Sop 13th of November, he did his biometric 23rd of November and his application has been on in progress since then, no update since the day of his biometric, even his medicals is yet to be uploaded and he did upfront
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 9:07am On Jan 26
Hennybabevicky:
Hi guys,
My husband applied for Sop 13th of November, he did his biometric 23rd of November and his application has been on in progress since then, no update since the day of his biometric, even his medicals is yet to be uploaded and he did upfront

I applied 18th october, did my 24th october and till now no update apart from background verification.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Myworld111: 9:13am On Jan 26
Amen

I miss mine too
sunwintrav:

Thank you so much.. we will receive the good news soon. i miss my wife alot.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 9:31am On Jan 26
Myworld111:
Amen

I miss mine too

How long are married with him?

My marriage is too young and is just about 6months, is just like a torture.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Myworld111: 9:35am On Jan 26
3 years, we have a daughter
sunwintrav:

How long are married with him?

My marriage is too young and is just about 6months, is just like a torture.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 9:46am On Jan 26
Myworld111:
3 years, we have a daughter

That is beautiful..

My marriage have not even get to that stage at all and we have not even spend more time of years together.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Myworld111: 9:50am On Jan 26
I pray our application will be approved, so we can reunite with our family as soon as possible

Don't hesitate to update us when you receive PPR

Goodluck!
sunwintrav:

That is beautiful..

My marriage have not even get to that stage at all and we have not even spend more time of years together.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 10:12am On Jan 26
Myworld111:
I pray our application will be approved, so we can reunite with our family as soon as possible

Don't hesitate to update us when you receive PPR

Goodluck!

Definitely,i will update my PPR timeline instantly
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by damrmd02(f): 11:02am On Jan 26
Thanks so much for the advice.o appreciate
Rasakiopoewa:
[Do not try to come now. There is no clarity on those who will be affected yet. I will advice you come in 2 months to when you are starting school. Pls come with all documents especially POF as those border officer will be strict now. You can apply for your spouse right away. You dont have to wait. Do not use same account you submitted for ur application. Hope this will help.
quote author=damrmd02 post=128110402]Please good people on this forum,I need more enlightenment about this.

I have gotten my visa for college in January,but my resumption is September,do you think If I come in before September I won't be affected with this new law of no spouse for college students because I haven't apply for them? Pls I need advice.
And please when can they apply,is yet after I travel or before I travel?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LholarB(f): 11:58am On Jan 26
donstyle:
I think application is still being accepted for SWOP, they said "in few weeks' time", so I would advise you submit as soon as possible. And if you have the funds, you can also apply for visit visa concurrently, there is no harm in having the two.

The announcement won't affect your kids if they are still in primary/secondary school, so you can still go ahead with study permit for them.

These are my thoughts, other experts can contribute.

Ok , thank you . If I do another visit visa , do I still need to add my kids on that application .

Cos they will be on the SOWP application too or just the visit for spouse is all I need to apply on the other application .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LholarB(f): 3:24pm On Jan 26
Rasakiopoewa:
[You can sure apply for sowp now but the issue of deferral might create a big issue for you. Apply for the sowp now. Write a good sop to show why u think it will be good for you and your spouse to leave same time. But do not defer as you will only be given 3 months extra on your study permit after the completion of your studies This may pose a risk iin the future when you apply for pgwp. If you are pregnant before you go, you can make things messy for them if you understand what I meant before they change things again!!! You can apply for your spouse right away and leave in March.Keep pregnancy issue away from them until u get here.
quote author=donstyle post=128102567]I think application is still being accepted for SWOP, they said "in few weeks' time", so I would advise you submit as soon as possible. And if you have the funds, you can also apply for visit visa concurrently, there is no harm in having the two.

The announcement won't affect your kids if they are still in primary/secondary school, so you can still go ahead with study permit for them.

These are my thoughts, other experts can contribute.

Ok , thank you

Also I have paid first semester fees and I submitted my biz acct as source of funds , my personal acct and spouse acct as POF in my first application

Now for SOWP , looking at just submitting spouse personal acct as he has bulk of the money in his acct to cover for him and our 2 kids

Will this fly ?
Or can I still show support by submitting my biz account to show part of source of funds ( has good inflow and outflow ) and my personal acct ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 5:21am On Jan 27
Good morning everyone, please is Police report compulsory for SOWP application, the process of getting it now is very complicated. Can I apply without it?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Asekzz: 12:01pm On Jan 27
Police character is not needed.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oluwaseyi94: 1:53pm On Jan 27
evansky:
Good morning everyone, please is Police report compulsory for SOWP application, the process of getting it now is very complicated. Can I apply without it?
Try to collect it, it will make ur application
Strong
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Tiwaladeyyy: 3:32pm On Jan 27
Hi guys , I need advice on , I have been trying to build my husband account for the past 5 months with closing balance of about 1 million per month with intention of having about 15 million and to apply for the spousal ope work permit in march 2024. However with the recent policy changes regarding college students, am planning to apply on first of February, the problem here is , the money which is about 13 million will be in his account for only 1 week by this date . Kindly advise on what I can do to convince the visa officer.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by meshegz: 3:50pm On Jan 27
Asekzz:
Police character is not needed.

No it’s not needed.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27
Good evening house, can someone advise me on how to pay for my visa application fee? Please🥹
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:10pm On Jan 27
We replied on things we know little or nothing about. Please go and read what I responded to again and get a fuller understanding of what I meant.

Some of us have helped a lot of people here and are experienced. We do not speak because we want to, but we only advise when req'd.

Let's read and read again because we send out the wrong signal.

Good luck!

lyndaoyewole:
i dont think visiting visas get LOI. i might be wrong. People with experience please respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.