Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,515 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802907 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Asekzz: 4:44pm On Jan 21
what can i do for them to update my medicals...Nov 14 applicant still on background verification in progress...am in canada, applying for my wife and kids.Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Tohmee07: 5:25pm On Jan 21
Hello House,

My husband has a study permit and I have a visitor visa. Do I need to apply for SOWP from Nigeria or go with the visitor visa and apply there through flag poling?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pristinee: 5:41pm On Jan 21
Tohmee07:
Hello House,

My husband has a study permit and I have a visitor visa. Do I need to apply for SOWP from Nigeria or go with the visitor visa and apply there through flag poling?

Since u have visa already, go and use flag poling. Just make sure u have all documents available with you, including your medicals.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Blackfinegirl(f): 9:29pm On Jan 21
I am a little bit confused .

what do i select her, I am applying for spouse open work permit for my hubby

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 11:21pm On Jan 21
Hello house.

I recently got denied for not providing enough info about my spouse full time study in a DLI.

Having reapplied again with all the details of my spouse DLI admission plus extra info, my medical has passed, BG Check ongoing while others are not started.

I can now see my spouse name on my tracker profile with relationship and length of sponsor of "not available". Is this a good progress from those who have gotten their SOWP and verified via tracker?

She just also applied for extension and I hope her extension is out before I am given my permit in her new date.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 12:43am On Jan 22
AgEcon:
Hi everyone,

We called IRCC from inside Canada on Friday with my spouse on the phone with me so as to give authority to release personal information related to her sowp application. The agent would not tell us exactly what was happening to her application just the basic things we know on the portal, nothing different. They told us that we will have feedback once the visa officer is done with it and that they can't tell us as agent.

However, we asked about which center is looking at the application and they told us Primary is RROC , that is the Rapid Response Operation Center and the secondary is Nairobi office.

My question is what does our application being at the RROC mean? Application submitted 28th October with upfront medical which has not be treated. Biometrics passed November 10th.

Anyone else experienced this Primary RROC and secondary Nairobi thing before. This is tiring.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Teeeteee130: 1:04am On Jan 22
Good day guys. Please what documents does it require from my side if I want to apply SOWP for my wife from Canada?

The first application I did for her (I was still in Nigeria then) was refused on financial ground.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by charlesoz19: 5:25am On Jan 22
upfront medical August.

nonesense:
Congratulations. Please, i wanna ask what date did your family do the medical. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 12:39pm On Jan 22
Teeeteee130:
Good day guys. Please what documents does it require from my side if I want to apply SOWP for my wife from Canada?

The first application I did for her (I was still in Nigeria then) was refused on financial ground.

This question has been answered several times here. Read through the thread you will see the answer.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 2:29pm On Jan 22
Hello Fam.
I want to know if the timeline starts from the date of application submission or from biometrics date.
Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by orjohn24: 3:51pm On Jan 22
Better people apply fast as canada want follow uk on SOWP restriction and cap on international student numbers

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 3:53pm On Jan 22
Just seeing it too, wahala for people wey dey back.

orjohn24:
Better people apply fast as canada want follow uk on SOWP restriction and cap on international student numbers
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 6:51pm On Jan 22
Whatever you are doing, do now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by djakiss2(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22
Now that SOWP is now limited to Masters and Doctorate programs, what hope does post graduate diploma and graduate certificate program int'l students have for their spouses? Just received my PPR and the matter just tire me when I got the update today.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shukusheka(m): 9:07pm On Jan 22
My wife study permit expires in July, although she will be seeking extension by April for another one year. Does this mean I have to wait until she has been granted extension by April before I apply for my SOWP, seeing that renewal of SOWP isn't allowed?

OkukuOne
Pristinee

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 9:09pm On Jan 22
Greetings.
I summited my application for (spousal open work permit) SOWP on 23rd December 2023.my spouse is on undergraduate course in cape Breton University Nova Scotia. I’m wondering if this new rules will affect my application.
Your kind response will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 9:15pm On Jan 22
orjohn24:

Greetings.
I summited my application for (spousal open work permit) SOWP on 23rd December 2023.my spouse is on undergraduate course in cape Breton University Nova Scotia. I’m wondering if this new rules will affect my application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 9:16pm On Jan 22
Shukusheka:
My wife study permit expires in July, although she will be seeking extension by April for another one year. Does this mean I have to wait until she has been granted extension by April before I apply for my SOWP, seeing that renewal of SOWP isn't allowed?

OkukuOne
Pristinee

Greetings.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 11:20pm On Jan 22
The best you can do is to apply right away. IRCC Ssays in the coming weeks....That could be in 2-3 months who knows! It has not yet been officially banned until it is announce. Best wishes
djakiss2:
Now that SOWP is now limited to Masters and Doctorate programs, what hope does post graduate diploma and graduate certificate program int'l students have for their spouses? Just received my PPR and the matter just tire me when I got the update today.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 11:25pm On Jan 22
The only way the announcement could affect you is if IRCC choose to withdraw your application. It is not in IRCC record to do such. They will always give timeline. Since you av submitted, expect a decision from them. As of now, no official date has been given to when some applicant will be ineligible.
Cjnick:

Greetings.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 11:40pm On Jan 22
Am afraid, that is a long time. She can renew her study permit anytime as long as she has all documents for the renewal. She does not need to wait till the last minute before re-applying. When she re-applies , she should add you up if you are in canada, if not you can right away apply now but the minimum duration on your spouse visa should be six months to apply. Ur spouse should apply immediately and ias soon as her study permit is approved, you can add it to your application. Apply with what she is having now and pray they dont make a decision before she gets the new approval and you can send it to IRC . Best wishesquote author=Shukusheka post=128074404]My wife study permit expires in July, although she will be seeking extension by April for another one year. Does this mean I have to wait until she has been granted extension by April before I apply for my SOWP, seeing that renewal of SOWP isn't allowed?

OkukuOne
Pristinee[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by inspector1(m): 2:54am On Jan 23
They already started denying colleges sowp applications, Only Masters&PhD applicants are good to go. They continue to bring in more Ukrainian refugees, but decided to cap int. Students. We go survive am last last.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sojiflex001(m): 5:32am On Jan 23
lois2016:

Congratulations! What was the timeline please, when did you apply?

I applied November 5th and got answered on 19th of January. Exactly 11weeks processing time. 11 weeks was the processing time when I applied then.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sojiflex001(m): 5:36am On Jan 23
sunwintrav:

Congratulations..

Please share your timeline
Nov 5th and got answered Jan 19th.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 9:11am On Jan 23
Good morning house.

What about people that has already gotten their diploma student visa for a diploma course and they are still in Nigeria with their spouse, can they apply for SOWP with this current measures?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shukusheka(m): 9:40am On Jan 23
Rasakiopoewa:
Am afraid, that is a long time. She can renew her study permit anytime as long as she has all documents for the renewal. She does not need to wait till the last minute before re-applying. When she re-applies , she should add you up if you are in canada, if not you can right away apply now but the minimum duration on your spouse visa should be six months to apply. Ur spouse should apply immediately and ias soon as her study permit is approved, you can add it to your application. Apply with what she is having now and pray they dont make a decision before she gets the new approval and you can send it to IRC . Best wishes
I learnt one can only apply for study permit renewal until it is 3 months to expiration.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DripDude: 9:47am On Jan 23
this new sowp rule will it affect

1)Those who are currently in a 2-year post graduate diploma programme and just want to bring their spouse now
2)Those who have already applied for SOWP but yet to get response
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 10:28am On Jan 23
DripDude:
this new sowp rule will it affect

1)Those who are currently in a 2-year post graduate diploma programme and just want to bring their spouse now
2)Those who have already applied for SOWP but yet to get response
Guys, no time to ask questions. Apply now. Eligibility is still on. The info says " in coming weeks" It is better to try than not doing anything. If you cannot find a way to apply on IRCC portal, then know for sure it is over. So go ahead quickly with a good application. Do not forget some has on- going application and IRCC will still have to decide on it on a matter of fairness of procedure. Best wishes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 10:33am On Jan 23
Indians dont even wait to get to canada before they do. So absolutely YES. Eligibility will change in many weeks. Eligibility still remain now. As much as no one can guarantee the outcome, but it is better to give it a shot before they pulled down the curtain finally
evansky:
Good morning house.

What about people that has already gotten their diploma student visa for a diploma course and they are still in Nigeria with their spouse, can they apply for SOWP with this current measures?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 11:03am On Jan 23
Rasakiopoewa:
Indians dont even wait to get to canada before they do. So absolutely YES. Eligibility will change in many weeks. Eligibility still remain now. As much as no one can guarantee the outcome, but it is better to give it a shot before they pulled down the curtain finally

Those Indians eehn! They have taken over Canada.
Thank you for the answer. I am still building my POF which started this month, I have a lump sum amount that was sent from one of my account, I honestly don’t know how to go about defending that although I have a poultry farm. The opening balance is very low but currently it’s high enough to apply for the application. Can anyone help with an advice?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ttomexy(f): 1:02pm On Jan 23
inspector1:
They already started denying colleges sowp applications, Only Masters&PhD applicants are good to go. They continue to bring in more Ukrainian refugees, but decided to cap int. Students. We go survive am last last.

Not through, someone got SOWP approval yesterday 22/01/2024

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nnemak(m): 1:24pm On Jan 23
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.