Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,158 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802806 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Airpod: 1:28pm On Jan 23
Please I have a quick question, when selecting the type of VV for my kids. I can see 2 options

1. Visiting Visa - Tourism
2. Visiting Visa- All other type.

Which one should I pick?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 4:47pm On Jan 23
[Pick all other type as long as they are minor. Ages from JSS1 should go for study visa to avoid refusal. Spouse study permit duration should still be 6 months minimum. Best of luck quote author=Airpod post=128084944]Please I have a quick question, when selecting the type of VV for my kids. I can see 2 options

1. Visiting Visa - Tourism
2. Visiting Visa- All other type.

Which one should I pick?[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 5:45pm On Jan 23
The new rules will not impact your submitted application.

Cheers.

Cjnick:
Greetings.
I summited my application for (spousal open work permit) SOWP on 23rd December 2023.my spouse is on undergraduate course in cape Breton University Nova Scotia. I’m wondering if this new rules will affect my application.
Your kind response will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 5:51pm On Jan 23
Write a letter of explanation regarding the lump sum.

evansky:

Those Indians eehn! They have taken over Canada.
Thank you for the answer. I am still building my POF which started this month, I have a lump sum amount that was sent from one of my account, I honestly don’t know how to go about defending that although I have a poultry farm. The opening balance is very low but currently it’s high enough to apply for the application. Can anyone help with an advice?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Walintonvi: 6:16pm On Jan 23
Hello,

Please i need ideas and best way to handle this denial my wife got for SOWP with 3 reasons below

• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and
financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any
accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

what i intend to do
1. so in literal terms her job in naija pays about 100k and ircc is not convinced that will encourage her to come back at end of my temporary stay(studies). I want to include her as shareholder in her in-laws business to show she has an extra income to take care of herself

2. the asset we intend to use is in her brothers name hope Ircc will not see it as an issue because her parents bought the assets in her brothers name and now been gifted to her

3. i have to boost her POF and mine too. Her sowp was probably denied without looking at the fact i have POF in my own account and my assets,

So Gurus in the house what are your thoughts will this fly
do i have to build POF again for 3-4 months considering this new amount that ircc released this January
it was denied yesterday jan 22 if i commence the POF when can i possibly apply that will not give them a reason to deny

Thank you as i wait for ideas
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 7:41am On Jan 24
How much did she submit as POF?
Walintonvi:
Hello,

Please i need ideas and best way to handle this denial my wife got for SOWP with 3 reasons below

• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and
financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any
accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

what i intend to do
1. so in literal terms her job in naija pays about 100k and ircc is not convinced that will encourage her to come back at end of my temporary stay(studies). I want to include her as shareholder in her in-laws business to show she has an extra income to take care of herself

2. the asset we intend to use is in her brothers name hope Ircc will not see it as an issue because her parents bought the assets in her brothers name and now been gifted to her

3. i have to boost her POF and mine too. Her sowp was probably denied without looking at the fact i have POF in my own account and my assets,

So Gurus in the house what are your thoughts will this fly
do i have to build POF again for 3-4 months considering this new amount that ircc released this January
it was denied yesterday jan 22 if i commence the POF when can i possibly apply that will not give them a reason to deny

Thank you as i wait for ideas
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shukusheka(m): 9:17am On Jan 24
Will this new SOWP ban affect affect spouse of students already in Canada or it will only affect spouses of students yet to be issued study permits?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LholarB(f): 12:53pm On Jan 24
Hello house, please I need some clarity on my situation

I got my study visa approved in dec 2023 for May intake, however I was looking at deferring to September cos we want to have more than enough to settle in Canada and also pay more school fees from here . We both have good jobs/ business and Didnt plan to stop till July.
So here are the issues

1. I was about to apply for my spouse and kids, but with this new policy I would like to know if I submit a SOWP for my spouse and he is approved, and I resume in September, will his visa still be affected?

2. Is it better to submit a visit visa for him than SOWP cos of the fear of getting denied looking at the new policy

3. If my fam application is approved, Should we just go in May? If we doing this, means our jobs/business would need to stop in April and that also mean loosing a lot of money

Please I would appreciate some clarity from anyone🙏
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by donstyle: 1:23pm On Jan 24
I think application is still being accepted for SWOP, they said "in few weeks' time", so I would advise you submit as soon as possible. And if you have the funds, you can also apply for visit visa concurrently, there is no harm in having the two.

The announcement won't affect your kids if they are still in primary/secondary school, so you can still go ahead with study permit for them.

These are my thoughts, other experts can contribute.

LholarB:
Hello house, please I need some clarity on my situation

I got my study visa approved in dec 2023 for May intake, however I was looking at deferring to September cos we want to have more than enough to settle in Canada and also pay more school fees from here . We both have good jobs/ business and Didnt plan to stop till July.
So here are the issues

1. I was about to apply for my spouse and kids, but with this new policy I would like to know if I submit a SOWP for my spouse and he is approved, and I resume in September, will his visa still be affected?

2. Is it better to submit a visit visa for him than SOWP cos of the fear of getting denied looking at the new policy

3. If my fam application is approved, Should we just go in May? If we doing this, means our jobs/business would need to stop in April and that also mean loosing a lot of money

Please I would appreciate some clarity from anyone🙏

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by A3autos(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24
Please is anybody having issues receiving biometrics letter quickly Of recent
I applied on 20/01/24 for sowp and SP and VV for my two kids
And despite paying for everything and them confirming submission
My biometrics letter has not dropped since then
Any one having this problem ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 1:42pm On Jan 24
A3autos:

Hope this is not because of the new policy?
Someone should answer this for us please. I will be applying for my SOWP nxt week.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 1:48pm On Jan 24
[Some people had same issue in the past, but cannot remember how it was solved. Wth IRCC, you just keep your fingers cross while I will advice you send them a lthem a mail. They will suely respond and send in your biometric information details. The attestation letter only applies from jan 22nd and you applied jan 20th, u cross that hurdle. They will get back to you.Best wishes
quote author=A3autos post=128102604]Please is anybody having issues receiving biometrics letter quickly Of recent
Any one having this problem ?[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 2:07pm On Jan 24
[You can sure apply for sowp now but the issue of deferral might create a big issue for you. Apply for the sowp now. Write a good sop to show why u think it will be good for you and your spouse to leave same time. But do not defer as you will only be given 3 months extra on your study permit after the completion of your studies This may pose a risk iin the future when you apply for pgwp. If you are pregnant before you go, you can make things messy for them if you understand what I meant before they change things again!!! You can apply for your spouse right away and leave in March.Keep pregnancy issue away from them until u get here.
quote author=donstyle post=128102567]I think application is still being accepted for SWOP, they said "in few weeks' time", so I would advise you submit as soon as possible. And if you have the funds, you can also apply for visit visa concurrently, there is no harm in having the two.

The announcement won't affect your kids if they are still in primary/secondary school, so you can still go ahead with study permit for them.

These are my thoughts, other experts can contribute.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by A3autos(m): 2:09pm On Jan 24
Rasakiopoewa:
[Some people had same issue in the past, but cannot remember how it was solved. Wth IRCC, you just keep your fingers cross while I will advice you send them a lthem a mail. They will suely respond and send in your biometric information details. The attestation letter only applies from jan 22nd and you applied jan 20th, u cross that hurdle. They will get back to you.Best wishes
quote author=A3autos post=128102604]Please is anybody having issues receiving biometrics letter quickly Of recent

Please how can I contact them, where should I direct the mail to ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 4:47pm On Jan 24
Web form https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/web-form2.html?adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D7CAEFF0BFED647A0-5ED2117EF53967FD%7CMCORGID%3DA90F2A0D55423F537F000101%40AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1706111206&adobe_mc_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F or through mail: web-tech-support@cic.gc.ca.
A3autos:

Please how can I contact them, where should I direct the mail to ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by damrmd02(f): 9:52pm On Jan 24
Please good people on this forum,I need more enlightenment about this.

I have gotten my visa for college in January,but my resumption is September,do you think If I come in before September I won't be affected with this new law of no spouse for college students because I haven't apply for them? Pls I need advice.
And please when can they apply,is yet after I travel or before I travel?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 10:36pm On Jan 24
There is a way to beat the Spousal Open Work Permit by college student when it goes into effect by September 1st 2024.

If you have intent of bringing your spouse and family just ensure you finish your program and get a PGWP that is able to take care of your family and then you can bring them.

However, if you re hell bent on bringing your spouse as a college student after the new law, then you can use spouse visit visa However your kids will be qualified for study visa. It's just the work authorization they are regulating.
The problem here is we are all bringing our spouse and family even as students. We can't blame them because housing crisis in Canada is on the rise.

All this na because 9ja get problem. South Africans don't travel. Infact more than 90% of them are contended in staying in their home country. It is what it is.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 11:39am On Jan 25
Good day everyone,
@Okukuone

Please i did my upfront medical Nov 27, applied Dec 27,
Biometrics completed Jan 2, but my medicals is yet to be updated, do you think i should send a web form to this effect?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oluwaseyi94: 12:43pm On Jan 25
PPR Alert!
PPR Alert!!
PPR Alert!!!

Thanks to everyone here that had contributed one way to all the information; we read and apply with here.

Thank you Jesus!!!
File login 16/10/2023
Biometric 23/10/2023
Biometric updated 23/10/2023
Upfront medical July 12,2023
Ppr 24/01/2024

9 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MarcMax: 8:46pm On Jan 25
Rasakiopoewa:

I am in a similar situation. Applied for SOWP on January 23rd and I received a ghost update after 24 hours stating there was an update to the application. Checked the portal but there was no update till now.

With regards to crossing the hurdle, its a SOWP for Masters student so I don't believe it applies to me. Do you recommend sending a webform as well?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MarcMax: 8:49pm On Jan 25
A3autos:

Any response now? Submitted the application on January 23, still no biometrics letter till now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by donstyle: 9:12pm On Jan 25
Congrats! Is this a College SOWP?

Oluwaseyi94:
PPR Alert!
PPR Alert!!
PPR Alert!!!

Thanks to everyone here that had contributed one way to all the information; we read and apply with here.

Thank you Jesus!!!
File login 16/10/2023
Biometric 23/10/2023
Ppr 24/01/2024
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mamaoseme33: 10:15pm On Jan 25
Gurus 🙌🙌 I want to start applying for SOWP for my spouse now and sp for my children because of this new law I don't think I should wait again to settle in Canada b4 applying for them.
My question, will 40m be enough POF for spouse and 3 children? Although my spouse sponsored my study visa and sold a property, now we are also intending to use a lump sum for his SOWP , will this be a red flag?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 10:24pm On Jan 25
Oluwaseyi94:
PPR Alert!
PPR Alert!!
PPR Alert!!!

Thank you Jesus!!!
File login 16/10/2023
Biometric 23/10/2023
Ppr 24/01/2024

Congratulation, i tap your swop visa grace into my application. submitted 18th october, biometric 24th october... my visa will be approved soon

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oluwaseyi94: 10:45pm On Jan 25
donstyle:
Congrats! Is this a College SOWP?

Master
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Myworld111: 10:46pm On Jan 25
Awww congratulations!!!

I applied 28th October 2023, keeping my fingers crossed.

Did your eligibility start before you got PPR and did you send web form at any point?

My eligibility hasn't started yet

Oluwaseyi94:
PPR Alert!
PPR Alert!!
PPR Alert!!!

Thank you Jesus!!!
File login 16/10/2023
Biometric 23/10/2023
Ppr 24/01/2024

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oluwaseyi94: 10:46pm On Jan 25
sunwintrav:

Congratulation, i tap your swop visa grace into my application. submitted 18th october, biometric 24th october... my visa will be approved soon
My God grace 🙏
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Myworld111: 10:48pm On Jan 25
Exactly, has your eligibility started yet?

sunwintrav:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 11:14pm On Jan 25
[Do not try to come now. There is no clarity on those who will be affected yet. I will advice you come in 2 months to when you are starting school. Pls come with all documents especially POF as those border officer will be strict now. You can apply for your spouse right away. You dont have to wait. Do not use same account you submitted for ur application. Hope this will help.
quote author=damrmd02 post=128110402]Please good people on this forum,I need more enlightenment about this.

I have gotten my visa for college in January,but my resumption is September,do you think If I come in before September I won't be affected with this new law of no spouse for college students because I haven't apply for them? Pls I need advice.
And please when can they apply,is yet after I travel or before I travel?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 11:21pm On Jan 25
Attestation that the old policy still works as I have been saying. This policy might still linger for the next 2 months. Guys apply for ur SOWP now. For u guys with visa and yet to come pls do not use same bank Statement submitted by your spouse. If you want to fo that, increase the fund in double fold and you can explain lump sum. Better to do ur best than not doing anything.
quote author=donstyle post=128126037]Congrats! Is this a College SOWP?

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 11:24pm On Jan 25
Hello, you said something about not applying with same account that was used for earlier. I have a situation, I was trying to build my account so I can apply May but after the announcement I decided to apply on Monday but with same Account I use in sponsoring my wife. I added my father’s inlaw account that has 14m closing balance plus the 10m remaining from mine. Am I safe or i should re-strategize my POF? Please I need answers.

Rasakiopoewa:
[Do not try to come now. There is no clarity on those who will be affected yet. I will advice you come in 2 months to when you are starting school. Pls come with all documents especially POF as those border officer will be strict now. You can apply for your spouse right away. You dont have to wait. Do not use same account you submitted for ur application. Hope this will help.
quote author=damrmd02 post=128110402]Please good people on this forum,I need more enlightenment about this.

And please when can they apply,is yet after I travel or before I travel?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 11:29pm On Jan 25
You cannot beat it. Before you can apply for sowp with pgwp, you must be in Teer 1- 3 which is difficultt to get such job as a new graduate. There is a policy or a pilot that qualifies people presently enacted by Fraser allowing low skilled workers to bring their family. Unfortunately, this is a 2 year program which may end by January next year. Am not sure they will renew it cos they want to shut the door. The govt sees pgwp holders and students as same. So go now to submit your SOWP applicationto be on safe side. Best of luck

Jeboy:
There is a way to beat the Spousal Open Work Permit by college student when it goes into effect by September 1st 2024.

If you have intent of bringing your spouse and family just ensure you finish your program and get a PGWP that is able to take care of your family and then you can bring them.

However, if you re hell bbentonite bringing your spouse as a college student after the new law, then you can use spouse visit visa However your kids will be qualified for study visa. It's just the work authorization they are regulating.
The problem here is we are all bringing our spouse and family even as students. We can't blame them because housing crisis in Canada is on the rise.

All this na because 9ja get problem. South Africans don't travel. Infact more than 90% of them are contended in staying in their home country. It is what it is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.