Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,430 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (809288 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27
This question has been replied to 2 - 3 times here by me. Please read through if you have not gotten the response you are requesting for.

Good luck!

Mamaoseme33:

Pls I want to ask, what if the principal applicant already got their visa but hasn't left Nigeria yet and want to start applying for spouse and 3kids immediately. Is it okay to go ahead or wait until spouse gets to Canada first b4 depending spouse can start the application for SOWP?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 10:37pm On Jan 27
Please sir, can a statement that started from Oct 1 to January 25 be regarded as a 4 months statement of account?

OkukuOne:
This question has been replied to 2 - 3 times here by me. Please read through if you have not gotten the response you are requesting for.

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Tiwaladeyyy: 3:00am On Jan 28
Tiwaladeyyy:
Hi guys , I need advice on , I have been trying to build my husband account for the past 5 months with closing balance of about 1 million per month with intention of having about 15 million and to apply for the spousal ope work permit in march 2024. However with the recent policy changes regarding college students, am planning to apply on first of February, the problem here is , the money which is about 13 million will be in his account for only 1 week by this date . Kindly advise on what I can do to convince the visa officer.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Tiwaladeyyy: 3:01am On Jan 28
Hi guys I am waiting for response for this
Hi guys , I need advice on , I have been trying to build my husband account for the past 5 months with closing balance of about 1 million per month with intention of having about 15 million and to apply for the spousal ope work permit in march 2024. However with the recent policy changes regarding college students, am planning to apply on first of February, the problem here is , the money which is about 13 million will be in his account for only 1 week by this date . Kindly advise on what I can do to convince the visa officer.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:40am On Jan 28
from my mathematical knowledge, it's short with 5 days.

I can advise aside from this ma/sir.

Goodluck!

evansky:
Please sir, can a statement that started from Oct 1 to January 25 be regarded as a 4 months statement of account?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:42am On Jan 28
explain the lump sum in your Letter of Explanation.

Good luck!

[quote author=Tiwaladeyyy post=128161203][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 5:41am On Jan 28
OkukuOne:
from my mathematical knowledge, it's short with 5 days.

I can advise aside from this ma/sir.

Goodluck!

Okay, thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenmimicoco: 12:33pm On Jan 28
@okukuone

Good day everyone. Please help!

Please I will like to apply for SOWP to go and join my common law partner who is an international student in Canada. But with new rule about the ban, everything as to be done ASAP. He just left in the last week of December and he has to apply for a study permit extension this February as his visa is expiring end of February.

Please when is the best time to apply? Is it immediately after he gets his study permit extension or I should wait for some months after he gets his study permit extension?

Can I use his bank account as my sponsor without submitting my own bank statement or do I need to put money in my account and use for POF and say I am sponsoring myself?

How much do I need to show for POF? Is it still 20,000CAD or since he has about 12,000CAD that he wants to show for POF, I don’t need to have up to 20,000CAD? Please what is the best amount to have in my account?

My GCkey account has expired as I applied for a study permit in 2021 but couldn’t go, am I creating another GCkey account to apply or should he use his own GCkey account which he just created to apply for visa extension?

If he lives in a shared apartment rather than a studio apartment, would that be a reason they could reject my application?

If I am in between jobs right now like unemployed at the moment, would that be a reason for my application to be rejected?

Please who is to write the letter of explanation? Am I to write the letter of explanation alone or am I meant to submit 2 letters of explanation, one letter written by me and the other letter written by him?

Please please please can someone help to send a sample of letter of explanation, please send to my email - queencocomiimii@gmail.com

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 5:24pm On Jan 28
sunwintrav:

I submitted 18th october 2023, i cant sleep anymore

I understand how you feel.
I summited 23rd December.
Biometrics 15th January.
I’m patiently waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 9:19pm On Jan 28
Cjnick:

I understand how you feel.
I summited 23rd December.
Biometrics 15th January.
I’m patiently waiting.

It will be approved by God grace

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tnex: 1:43am On Jan 29
HELP!!!!!!!
How do I start an application for my spouse and children. 1 is under 4, what visa type (visit or other visit. The other in school, would that be study less than 6 months or more than 6 months. Also, how do I get to where I can start their application on in my portal?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 5:20am On Jan 29
sunwintrav:

It will be approved by God grace

Amen 🙏
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by djakiss2(m): 8:48am On Jan 29
Abeg I need confirmation of this 1way courier service from vfs if it's really 14k+. Some people says they paid 20k naira some says 18k. Please which is correct abeg.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Airpod: 1:24pm On Jan 29
Good afternoon good people,

I am currently filling my form for SOWP and VV for my kids. Please how do I generate UCI for myself and kids.

side note, We have previously applied b4 and were denied visa.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LholarB(f): 2:58pm On Jan 29
djakiss2:
Abeg I need confirmation of this 1way courier service from vfs if it's really 14k+. Some people says they paid 20k naira some says 18k. Please which is correct abeg.

I paid #22,560 in December for my courier return from VFS.You can do them an email Canadang@vfshelpline.com to inquire about the rate as at now . And they would reply with every other details you need about the courier services

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 4:03pm On Jan 29
[Since you applied before. Then you should av a UCI. Scroll under the msg sent to you in your first application which is in ur IRCC portal, you should see it there. Best of luck
quote author=Airpod post=128183023]Good afternoon good people,

I am currently filling my form for SOWP and VV for my kids. Please how do I generate UCI for myself and kids.

side note, We have previously applied b4 and were denied visa. [/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 8:21pm On Jan 29
Rasakiopoewa:
[Since you applied before. Then you should av a UCI. Scroll under the msg sent to you in your first application which is in ur IRCC portal, you should see it there. Best of luck
quote author=Airpod post=128183023]Good afternoon good people,

Why was it denied and when did you do the application?
Was it SOWP for you?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ObiUju2: 10:43pm On Jan 29
Please how can I apply for an open study permit for my child? His application was refused because I applied for a visitor visa for him instead of an open study visa. How do I fill out the imm form for an open study visa?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Airpod: 9:54am On Jan 30
Cjnick:

Why was it denied and when did you do the application?
Was it SOWP for you?

Yes, it was SOWP for me and VV for kids, together with my spouse Sp (An agent did this one), which he later got approval after he applied alone.

It was denied on financial ground.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 3:47pm On Jan 30
Airpod:

Yes, it was SOWP for me and VV for kids, together with my spouse Sp (An agent did this one), which he later got approval after he applied alone.

It was denied on financial ground.

I observed that SOWP approval rate is high on people with child.
Have anyone noticed?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nnemak(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30
Check on the refusal letter, your UCI number should be there. You can also leave it blank as it's not compulsory to include during submission if you cant find it .
Airpod:
Good afternoon good people,

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mizz2posh: 6:49pm On Jan 30
Queenmimicoco:
@okukuone

Good day everyone. Please help!

Please I will like to apply for SOWP to go and join my common law partner who is an international student in Canada. But with new rule about the ban, everything as to be done ASAP. He just left in the last week of December and he has to apply for a study permit extension this February as his visa is expiring end of February.

Please when is the best time to apply? Is it immediately after he gets his study permit extension or I should wait for some months after he gets his study permit extension?

Can I use his bank account as my sponsor without submitting my own bank statement or do I need to put money in my account and use for POF and say I am sponsoring myself?

How much do I need to show for POF? Is it still 20,000CAD or since he has about 12,000CAD that he wants to show for POF, I don’t need to have up to 20,000CAD? Please what is the best amount to have in my account?

My GCkey account has expired as I applied for a study permit in 2021 but couldn’t go, am I creating another GCkey account to apply or should he use his own GCkey account which he just created to apply for visa extension?

If he lives in a shared apartment rather than a studio apartment, would that be a reason they could reject my application?

If I am in between jobs right now like unemployed at the moment, would that be a reason for my application to be rejected?

Please who is to write the letter of explanation? Am I to write the letter of explanation alone or am I meant to submit 2 letters of explanation, one letter written by me and the other letter written by him?

Please please please can someone help to send a sample of letter of explanation, please send to my email - queencocomiimii@gmail.com

Thank you

Common law means you guys are not married right? This doesn't work most times cos married couples with their marriage certificate and pictures still get denied because they they will say they are not convinced. It would have been easier for you if you guys had gone to registry before he came to Canada.
Him living in a studio apartment or not has nothing to do with your approval or denial, I was living in a shared apartment when my husband and kids did their visa and their visas were approved. we didn't mention my living arrangement at any point.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 8:35pm On Jan 30
mizz2posh:

Common law means you guys are not married right? This doesn't work most times cos married couples with their marriage certificate and pictures still get denied because they they will say they are not convinced. It would have been easier for you if you guys had gone to registry before he came to Canada.
Him living in a studio apartment or not has nothing to do with your approval or denial, I was living in a shared apartment when my husband and kids did their visa and their visas were approved. we didn't mention my living arrangement at any point.

Very true

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 8:37pm On Jan 30
Cjnick:

Very true

How long did your application stay before approval?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 8:41pm On Jan 30
It is a visit visa for any child below 5 years.

Cheers.

tnex:
HELP!!!!!!!
How do I start an application for my spouse and children. 1 is under 4, what visa type (visit or other visit. The other in school, would that be study less than 6 months or more than 6 months. Also, how do I get to where I can start their application on in my portal?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 8:51pm On Jan 30
Is the lump sum in your personal account? If yes, I can think of 2 options:

1. Make him a joint account holder and then submit immediately; or
2. Submit the account as is; since it belongs to a spouse. You and your spouse are seen as one and same under the law. It's called "unity of spouse".

If the account belongs to a 3rd party, the holder can transfer it to your spouse as a gift and then donate a gift deed. This should be detailed in your SOP.

Cheers.

Tiwaladeyyy:
Hi guys I am waiting for response for this
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenmimicoco: 6:43pm On Jan 31
Okay. Thank you. I just wanted to make sure that they wouldn’t be asking for his address at any point.
Please you said you applied for your husband and kids when you got there, how did you explain that your husband has strong ties to Nigeria since they know his wife is already in Canada.
Please can you share your letter of explanation via DM

mizz2posh:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenmimicoco: 6:45pm On Jan 31
Please can anyone share letter of explain for SOWP. My partner is an international student that just left in December. Please someone help!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Olayinkayyyyy: 8:24pm On Jan 31
I believe there are many samples online. For privacy, people might not want to share their Letter of explanation as it contains private information. There are a lot of materials online. Just type. Sample Letter of Explanation for Spousal Open Work Permit Canada
Queenmimicoco:
Please can anyone share letter of explain for SOWP. My partner is an international student that just left in December. Please someone help!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 8:42pm On Jan 31
Olayinkayyyyy:
I believe there are many samples online. For privacy, people might not want to share their Letter of explanation as it contains private information. There are a lot of materials online. Just type. Sample Letter of Explanation for Spousal Open Work Permit Canada

Please I need any answer
How long does SOWP application stay before getting a response?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Olayinkayyyyy: 9:05pm On Jan 31
Every application is unique hence, there's no generic time for a SOWP application. However, on average, I think it's between three months on the average. As I said earlier, every application is unique and the Visa Officers treat it on merit. Hence the disparity in the processing timing.
Cjnick:

Please I need any answer
How long does SOWP application stay before getting a response?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.