Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! (29163 Views)

Arsenal: The Other Side Of The Coins / Man Utd Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Saturday 11th February 2012 / Arsenal: The 7th Most Valuable Sport Club In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by donjazzie(m): 10:39am On Sep 13, 2006
i'm a gunner 4 life and man u is going down dis weekend.i say it again
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by pie1ect(m): 10:52am On Sep 13, 2006
Man U. Vs Arsenal

I don't like to predict the scoreline of matches between these two teams. Anyway, based on current league form, gooners can at best hope for a draw.
But we all know that a game between these two teams has never been decided by form and that will not change on sunday. I expect Arsene Wenger to go for the 4-5-1 formation that served him so well for the most part of last season's champions' league and which has been used to great effect in the past by his team.
It's still early in the season and while the championship cannot be won by Man. U on sunday, it could be Arsenals' last chance of reviving an already dying title challenge. We have lost too many points already and I'm very sure the players know what losing on sunday will mean to our title hopes n all.
I'm desperately hoping for an Arsenal win, but I've seen nothing so far to convince me this team can go to places like Old trafford and get a result, so I'll be happy with a draw.

Peacee to all gooners.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by bolaoni(m): 10:59am On Sep 13, 2006
pie,

Don't worry, I can read between the lines. I know your concern, but you will be expecting too much from your players if you think they can go to OT and get a draw.

Be sure that you are leaving OT with your tails between your legs grin grin grin

I remembered how you disappeared the last time Rooney destroyed you at OT. I hope you won't run again this time wink
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by lordimpaq(m): 11:14am On Sep 13, 2006
bolaoni:

Don't worry, I can read between the lines. I know your concern, but you will be expecting too much from your players if you think they can go to OT and get a draw.

exactly, that is what he implies, that is what i also expect from them, a much better performance, a grand performance

bolaoni:

Be sure that you are leaving OT with your tails between your legs grin grin grin

that is not actually goin to be possible, we won't go down without a fight,

bolaoni:

I remembered how you disappeared the last time Rooney destroyed you at OT. I hope you won't run again this time wink
Not this time, trust me, NOT this time,

instead we would be hoping for quotes like this,
bolaoni:

I remembered how we disappeared the last time Henry destroyed us at Emirates. I hope you won't run again this time wink
grin grin grin
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by bolaoni(m): 11:19am On Sep 13, 2006
Lordi, wetin be ur own now?

Come to think of it, is there any loser that goes down without a fight?

A loser is going to be a loser, whether you fight or not, YOU ARE GOIN DOWN!

I'm kindda smelling some goals rain oooooooooooooo

grin grin grin
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by munyasia(m): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2006
Man U will trash the Gooners like nobobys business
MAN U FOREVER
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by nuggard(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2006
The Difference between Sie Aleksi and Herr Venger is just too much.
Simple, "obvious and true", Venger is an excellent scout turned manager. Vergie is a vootball manager.

Ven Herr Lehmann says,
Ve is the master team
Ve heil,
Heil,
Heil in Herr Lehmans face
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by pie1ect(m): 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2006
All this cockiness from Man U. fans.
All I can say is: Pride goeth before a spine-crushing fall.
I'll be happy to take all this crap from you guys, but if on sunday, we beat you at OT in spite of the vastly over-rated Wayne Rooney, then I'm going to sit back and enjoy the whining from you know who.

@Bolaoni
I am sure you must also have noticed how I "disappeared" before, during and after the World cup. Maybe it was because Arsenal failed to qualify for the World Cup or rather because[b] I WAS BUSY[/b].
Point is: My life does not revolve around Nairaland. I'm sure you and I both have commitments in our everyday life that take precedence over Nairaland, sometimes.
Go figure.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by lordimpaq(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2006
nuggard:

The Difference between Sie Aleksi and Herr Venger is just too much.
Simple, "obvious and true", Venger is an excellent scout turned manager. Vergie is a vootball manager.

Ven Herr Lehmann says,
Ve is the master team
Ve heil,
Heil,
Heil in Herr Lehmans face

nice one there nuggard with the V thing,

don't u think it is very vicious for you to vicariously vivivate this vivid varied visconcious, believe me i don't know wat i just said.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Olumide7(m): 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2006
Many people might think Arsenal doesn't stand a chance against Man U because of their performance against the smaller teams. Our problem has been over-confidence and over-relaxation. Facing a team like Man U away is not a piece of cake but when the Gunners are determined, they perform wonders. The score is going to be Man U 0 - 2 Arsenal. Just watch and see. By the way, Tonight's game shld be a lesson to all you Man U supporter's out there.
Up Gunners!!!!!
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by nuggard(m): 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2006
Olumide7:

Many people might think Arsenal doesn't stand a chance against Man U because of their performance against the smaller teams. Our problem has been over-confidence and over-relaxation. Facing a team like Man U away is not a piece of cake but when the Gunners are determined, they perform wonders. The score is going to be Man U 0 - 2 Arsenal. Just watch and see. By the way, Tonight's game shld be a lesson to all you Man U supporter's out there.
Up Gunners!!!!!

In your dreams, the only way that would happen is if arsenal " reveal" that the signed Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho, and Wayne Rooney b4 the transfer window closed.

Wenger does'nt have an Idea of Tactics, he is only a motivational speaker and his arse would soon be flying emirates-in the wrong direction .

Oh Arsenal in relegation zone cry, In two years time one of the Sodje's would b club captain and coventry city as your rivals.

Venger:" Ok Guys , you know I don't particularly like Ferguson and you should 'av no réason to like him either. . "

Herr Lehmann: Jah! Herr Venger
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by lapsman: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2006
i'm sorry to say that this is not a topic to discuss atall infact it's absurd coz arsenal is neva our problem!
man u 4 ever! angry
[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Nutter(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2006
Hello, hello, we are the Arsenal Boys!
And if you are a Man U Fan,
Surrender or you die,
As we all follow the Arsenal

We all follow the Arsenal,
Over land and sea, (and Leicester!)
Onto victory!
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by nuggard(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2006
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Nutter(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2006
Stop that, nuggard! Don't make me report your post to the moderator  angry tongue

BTW, why have you lot stolen Arsenal songs and changed the words? That's just sad.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by lordimpaq(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2006
Nutter:

Surrender or you die,

Onto victory!

thats the silliest fan song i've eva heard, puleeeaassee sing something else, this is enough to make us lose the match and any other match

it is moral killing, the lyrics are so razz, and unorthodox,

it doesn't rhyme,

sorry but its stupid, extremely stupid,
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by lordimpaq(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2006
let me analyse this needless piece

those two lines are the wrongest way to start a fan song, it obviously shows u r not a writer of songs, those lines exposes your incompetency in song writing or poem writing.

Surrender or you die,

the sequence of words here is awful, 1. its too direct 2. its dumb, and the use of die is quite needless, it is more of a statement than a song

Onto victory

that is the crapiest end to a song that i've eva heard, its just messed up, u r writing a fan song like a hymn, sorry a church hymn is even better.

but man, pleasee, this is disgraceful, are u sure u r an arsenal fan, ? this is just a mess,

wenger would vomit if he sees this let alone hear,

no offence mate, but this is crap cool
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Nutter(m): 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2006
1. You complain that the song sounds like a hymn but if you pay closer attention, you will find that most terrace chants have their roots firmly in hymns.

2. You question my song writing skills for no reason. At no point did I (even remotely) suggest that the song was written by me. That song which you are so dismissive about has been chanted by diehard Gunner fans from terraces up and down the country (and wider Europe) for over 50 years! Are you sure you are a true Gunner?!! What do you know about our terrace chants? Have you ever been to a game?

3. This same chant is used (with modification) by many other teams in the Premiership and lower divisions.

What say you to that, Mr. Lordimpaq a.k.a song critic?

*You need to apologise to all Gunners for calling our song (which is older that you!) silly, stupid and 'crap'. How dare you!
*Next time, do not question my Arsenal pedigree!

What rubbish.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by lordimpaq(m): 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2006
@nutter

wateva, even if it is the real arsenal song, its crap,
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by lapsman: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2006
hey why are we talkin' about this fixture is pointless coz arsenal is always our wife period!
    man u 4 ever! tongue[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Nutter(m): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2006
lordimpaq:

@nutter

whatever, even if it is the real arsenal song, its crap,

Thank you, terrace chant expert. As you are too big to apologise to a well-loved team with a massive following, I’ll leave you to get rid of the egg on your face in your private moment.

I'm Arsenal till I die,
I'm Arsenal till I die,
I know I am,
I'm sure I am,
I'm Arsenal till I die.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by momoney1(m): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2006
It has happened again between 1 UNITED and Celtic, it actually happened in the theatre of dream that we shall start well and end successfully.

this season no mercy for any guddamn club grin

gunners beware tongue tongue

1 BIG UNITED FAMILY cool
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by debosky(m): 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2006
nothing dey happen - y'all managed to beat a scottish team who have never gone anywhere in CL?

we beat hamburg --- without henry. y'all thought we cdn't score from outside the box? Rosicky will tear net on sunday just watch out!!

Manchester is going down this wkend no doubt.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Nutter(m): 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2006
Said to my mate,
the other day,
i think I’ve found,
a white Pele',
my mate said who?
Who is he?
He goes by the name of,
Rosicky.

He goes by the name of Rosicky!

He goes by the name of Rosicky!!
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Jackal(m): 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2006
@ debosky,
Why are u beating a dead horse?
Arsenal defeated a 10 man Hamburg(a team rated 75th in Europe).
The gunners had a one man advantage for 80 good minutes so what do u expect?
Van Persie's theatrical dive that led to a penalty or Rosicky's fluke?
I would have written Arsenal off if they had lost the match.

On the other hand, United slammed the Scottish champions in the best attacking game of the night.
This was a match United should have won 7-2 but the reds squandered good chances but we still got the 3 points.
United has now won 5 matches on the trot this season which is a good sign.
Arsenal can now breathe a sigh of relief as Ryan Giggs has picked up a hamstring that will stop him from playing against Arsenal.
Meanwhile, Ronaldo and JS Park would still feature so don't jubilate yet.
Man Utd will still rub grime on Wenger's face on saturday-mark ma wordz!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by rikkyjen(m): 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2006
Jackal we gat bad news in d camp. Ji sung park is out for 3months, OMG who is gonna man the other flank!!! sad undecided
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by debosky(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2006
dude where do you get these your dubious rankings from? abeg is hamburg not rated higher than celtic? remember y'all played at full strength and at home, while we played away without our captain and highest goal scorer. don't worry - giggs injury will give y'all an excuse when you lose on sunday.

plus mr park bench is out for 3 months too! so thats one less person.

Rosicky's fluke? I smell a hint of beef there - he did it in the world cup (incidentally also in germany) and he did it again tonight. if you're too myopic to recognise true class in a player then thats your problem

Didn't our goalie get sent off in the CL final for barca to win? still they only won 2-1. stop making excuses, if not for papa ole, y'all wdve drawn against a 120th ranked team in europe.

didnt tottenham have a one man advantage over everton and still lose 2-0? dude man utd is going down this wkend, and its going to be bloody!!
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by mochafella(m): 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2006
debosky:

nothing dey happen - y'all managed to beat a scottish team who have never gone anywhere in CL?

Why relegate Celtic's European history for the sake of your argument? shocked Where is Arsenal's Champion's cup title?
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by bagoma(f): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2006
Hmmmmmn! undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i only posted this so i can follow this thread.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by debosky(m): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2006
please what history does celtic have in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE??

FYI jackal both hamburg and celtic are rated neck and neck

http://www.eurofootsie.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Footie&file=latest
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by mochafella(m): 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2006
You know the Champs league is a successor of the European Champions Cup, and that Celtic won that in 67. Or are you going to discount Real Madrid's 6 early titles for the sake of your argument too.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Jackal(m): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2006
@ Rikkyjen.
a 9-man United team will still beat Arsenal anytime.
10-man United destroyed Arsenal 4-2 at Highbury some seasons back so don't worry your head about park.
Solskjaer/Fletcher can play on the right of the midfield and Ronaldo can play on the left so we are still intact.
Rooney can play on the right  and Solskjaer + Saha can partner in the attack with Ronaldo on the left.
There are so many options and i am sure the Gaffer will work that out to unleash the biggest defeat on Arsenal this season.
We achieved 6-1 in 2001, who says we cannot achieve the same result this season.

@ debosky,
How can u rate Hamburg above Celtic?
Its obvious you know next to nothing in European football.
FYI, Hamburg is rated 67th this season-(they were 77th last season).
Arsenal on the other hand is 4th on the table so what are your excuses.
Celtic is 24th rated in Europe and i remember the scottish side grinding out a draw against Chelsea in the pre-season.
This was a match Mourinho wanted to win so it aint friendly-it was excessively competitive.
Anyways, expect another basket of goals for Lehmann and Wenger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Inter Milan Vs Shakhtar Donetsk : Europa League (5 - 0) On 17th August 2020 / EPL: Manchester United Players Waiting For Mourinho To Be Sacked / Manchester United Vs Manchester City: EFL (1 - 0) On 26 Oct 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.