Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! (29219 Views)

Arsenal: The Other Side Of The Coins / Man Utd Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Saturday 11th February 2012 / Arsenal: The 7th Most Valuable Sport Club In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by hucarson(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2006
Whats the point in featuring in UEFA finals without bringing the cup home?
The last time United feature they brought the cup home against all odds.
Scoring 2 goals in added time was phenomenal and Bayern Munich will not forget it.
No wonder they refused to sell Ballack and Hargreaves to Man Utd.

Furthermore, the last time Liverpool featured in the final of UEFA, they won.
Liverpool came from 3 goals down to shoot down AC Milan in the penalty shoot-out.
A nerve-wrecking match that showed the strength of the English spirit.

What happened the first and only time Arsenal featured in the finals?
They brought nothing home.
The 1st British club to feature in the UEFA Champions League finals without winning the cup(What a way to smear the British record)
Wenger's foreign legion disgraced the English league and all they could do throughout was to sulk.
Shame on Gunners.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Nutter(m): 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2006
cheesy grin cheesy

Bottom line is that in all of Europe, we came second. Whether we brought the cup home or not, we bettered Man D.

*still laughing in French*
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by kitaun(m): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2006
@Nutter

Could you help me remind them that they emerged last in their group, UEFA spot sef dem no get tongue grin *in a group of weaklings like benfica and lille*
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by mukina2: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2006
hours to go,
when we win hope the red devils dont run away or start complaining
they started off with 5-1 in the first match
went on to 3 in the second match
2 inthe third match
1 in the last match

next match will be 0
wanna bet wink
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Nutter(m): 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2006
kitaun:

@Nutter

Could you help me remind them that they emerged last in their group, UEFA spot sef them no get tongue grin *in a group of weaklings like benfica and lille*

@Kitaun,

Don't mind them. Yet they have the gall to complain about our achievement. Even though it fell below Gunner standards, it was still a far better performance than Man D. Just laugh at them in French. I think the wound is still very fresh.  grin
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Christino(m): 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2006
hucarson:

Whats the point in featuring in UEFA finals without bringing the cup home?
The last time United feature they brought the cup home against all odds.
Scoring 2 goals in added time was phenomenal and Bayern Munich will not forget it.
No wonder they refused to sell Ballack and Hargreaves to Man Utd.

Furthermore, the last time Liverpool featured in the final of UEFA, they won.
Liverpool came from 3 goals down to shoot down AC Milan in the penalty shoot-out.
A nerve-wrecking match that showed the strength of the English spirit.

What happened the first and only time Arsenal featured in the finals?
They brought nothing home.
The 1st British club to feature in the UEFA Champions League finals without winning the cup(What a way to smear the British record)
Wenger's foreign legion disgraced the English league and all they could do throughout was to sulk.
Shame on Gunners.

Whoever scores first loses the game. Campbell was 2 forward. English clubs wait for you to score all you can cheesy
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by kitaun(m): 1:05am On Sep 16, 2006
Christino, but i thought you will be more concerned abt the thrashìng you received at the hands of lyon
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Bhola(f): 1:18am On Sep 16, 2006
Can't say I did not try. cheesy
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Christino(m): 2:27am On Sep 16, 2006
kitaun:

Christino, but i thought you will be more concerned about the thrashìng you received at the hands of lyon

Kits,
I'm Boro, not Madrid, I just like Madrid cos of Cannavaro.

Don't test me, Boro'll wipe Chelsea, Arsenal and Man-U. grin DOn't even touch that.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by kitaun(m): 2:43am On Sep 16, 2006
Sorry ma bad! But do u mean d draw against us was counted as 3 points.lol. Dt reminds me was yak on d field dt day.does 7-0 mean anything to u mr boro abi na borrow
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by madlawyer1(m): 6:49am On Sep 16, 2006
Arsenal for life!
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Christino(m): 7:42am On Sep 16, 2006
kitaun:

Sorry ma bad! But do u mean d draw against us was counted as 3 points.lol. Dt reminds me was yak on d field dt day.does 7-0 mean anything to u mr boro abi na borrow

Do you know that 7 - 0 can be repaid? Let's keep our fingers crossed, maybe that's Y Yak has refused to score al this while. Reserving his 5tricks for Lehmann grin

You'll c.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by tubaba(m): 7:51am On Sep 16, 2006
hey y'all gunner fan ,u have a good team,exprience coach but dis goin to a very tought match for u to win becos of d current performance of  d team, but i little advices for the gunner fan that "the fear of Rooney is d begining of wisdow" for gunner's defence nd stop living in dream world.
                                           let face reality like 2face:beware
                                                 wayne rooney(cool ; wink 
tubaba.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Christino(m): 9:03am On Sep 16, 2006
Something tells me Adebayor'll carry the day grin

take me seriously.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by loyika(m): 11:23am On Sep 16, 2006
tubaba:

hey y'all gunner fan ,u have a good team,exprience coach but this goin to a very tought match for u to win because of d current performance of d team, but i little advices for the gunner fan that "the fear of Rooney is d begining of wisdow" for gunner's defence nd stop living in dream world.
let face reality like 2face:beware
wayne rooney(cool ; wink
tubaba.

Mr. Tuba;

Roy Keane says the "jury's still out on Wayne Rooney. The Irishman says his former Manchester United team-mate has "achieved nothing". (Sun)
My thoughts exactly!!

cool GONNER 89
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by mukina2: 11:28am On Sep 16, 2006
loyika that staement will cause you wahala from the red demons devils here grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by tayoccu(m): 11:39am On Sep 16, 2006
it's a pity man (dis)utd's winning streak has come to an end.the mighty gunners are gonna whoop you tricks(red devils). did you red devils konw/ rio has found a new career, he's into mojo now ,saw his pix on the net.
man utd 1-arsenal 3.
chelsea-liverpool, liverpool to win, stmford bridge is falling down.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by mukina2: 11:41am On Sep 16, 2006
well said cool
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by loyika(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2006
mukina2:

loyika that staement will cause you wahala from the red demons devils here grin grin grin grin

Madam Muki! It wasn't me grin

[b]Keano goes to war on United

By CHARLIE WYETT
September 16, 2006

ROY KEANE has blasted Wayne Rooney and insists “the jury is still out” on whether the England star will be a top player.

In an explosive interview, former Manchester United skipper Keane reveals just seven of his recent Old Trafford team-mates have his mobile number — and Roo is not one of them.

The new Sunderland boss also:

Sticks the boot in on strike star Michael Owen.
Says Alex Ferguson and Co should have known better over his concerns voiced in the infamous MUTV rant.
Told Patrick Vieira ‘Why don’t you ****ing play for Senegal?’
In an interview to be published in The Sunday Times Magazine tomorrow, Irishman Keane, 35, even pokes fun at the England WAGS.

But most amazing of all is Keane’s assessment of United golden boy Rooney.

Keane said: “For me, the jury’s still out on Wayne. I think he’s got a hell of a lot to do.

“Wayne has achieved nothing — and would probably say that himself.

“I would judge players over a few years rather than one or two.

“He’s got potential, like I’ve got potential to be a good manager.

“Potential is one thing, doing it is another.”

Keane then admits Rooney has not even got his mobile number. The only United players who have — some have now moved on — are Ruud van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Gary Neville, Nicky Butt, John O’Shea, Quinton Fortune and Ryan Giggs.

When joining Celtic, Keane said he gave only two of the players his number as he did not want to be annoyed by their banter.

While Keane is full of praise for the way ex-England captain David Beckham leads his life, he is less complimentary about Owen.

He said: “There’s loads of people who get sucked in. Michael Owen always springs to mind.

“The day after Owen broke his foot, he’s doing an article and I’m thinking, ‘Work on your recovery, man’.”

Discussing his relationship with Fergie, Keane says he “doesn’t have a clue” where they stand following their bitter bust-up. But he says they have respect for each other, although he also stresses there is no affection between them.

Keane clearly has no time for United No 2 Carlos Queiroz.

After accusing Keane of being disloyal over the MUTV outburst, the Irishman hit back at Portuguese coach Queiroz — saying he ran off to coach Real Madrid and returned only when everything went pear-shaped in Spain.

Keano also reckons Ferguson should have known better than to become embroiled in a row over his TV interview after United’s 4-1 hammering against Middlesbrough.

Keane said: “I was seeing players doing stuff off the pitch — had the feeling it was affecting them — and it came to a head with that defeat.

“Yes, I nailed certain people. I took the publicity with a pinch of salt, senior figures at the club should’ve done the same.

“Everyone got sucked into it, when they should have known better. I think, in the end, the manager was swayed by certain people he works with.”

Keane explained his volley at former Arsenal skipper Vieira and said: “He was bragging about all the things he had done in Senegal.

“I said to him, ‘If you’re so worried about Senegal, why didn’t you ****ing play for them’?”

His dislike even extends to the England WAGS at the World Cup. Keane could not understand why on earth they wanted to be pictured going out for meals in Baden-Baden.

And he added: “They were annoying me and they’re not even my wife!”

Now Keane is fully focused on the job to be done at Sunderland and insists he wants the Stadium of Light to be rocking for his first home match in charge — against Leicester this afternoon.

He said: “We are hoping to get well over 30,000, which would be fantastic and the fans have a massive part to play.

“It’s a challenge for us because all the expectations will be on us to win the game but that’s something we should enjoy and be looking forward to. I got a taste of what it’s like here against West Brom — but I was in the stands then and this time I will be more hands-on.

“I’m enjoying the management game because I look at the players and I think we have half a chance of doing something here — we are making sure we are 100 per cent prepared.

“If the fans are now coming along expecting us to win rather than lose that’s fantastic but we have to earn the right to win these games.

“I still get adrenaline. It’s still there but it’s a different type of reaction. Every team we play against will be different but I have a team of hungry players.”

c.wyett@the-sun.co.uk[/b]

So no one should say i said anything, it was KEANO the at said it, it was!? cry

Ah yes least i forget;

PREDICTIONS: ARSENAL 2 MAN UNITED 1, CHELSKI LIVERPOOL , couldn't care less!, sorry!!

cool GONNER 89
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by ky4real(m): 11:57am On Sep 16, 2006
y all dis noise fr manu fans?or is it b cos of d 12points u;ve got dat is
makin u ppl tink u can beat us[da gunners]?manu com sunday ur fall
is 4 real, gunners 4 life cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by mukina2: 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2006
loyika stop cracking me grin grin grin
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Priscila(f): 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2006
Gunners there we go for massacre

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Priscila(f): 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2006
@Muks and all gunners!
Ljungberg, Rosiscky will disgrace G Neville.Gallas will tame red hot Louis Saha. Rooney/Scholes (back from bans) will be checked by Gallas/Toure/Sendeross.
With those injuries of Henry and Van Persie the worst we can get is a draw. Hope wenger won’t play Adebayor who is always crap when he plays Man U, now that the odds are against us.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by mukina2: 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2006
Priccy even henry he always play crap against man united, ade is new and hasnt played much matches against the demons, but our czech wonder will perform,
we will give all this demons here on nairaland a run for it
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Priscila(f): 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2006
Muks
henry is fast becoming Man U-phobic but he will be over it in due time.
The only problem is that Disunited knows Arsenal inside out and since familiarity breeds contempt we will see, but who cares if they have won all 4 matches?

The Venue is a major influential factor in this match. Old Trafford is already sold out to 75,000 Disunited pack to bellow their voices at guns.  Anyway Arsenal won’t find it difficult winning on that battle field to break the record of not scoring a goal at OT since 2002.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by mukina2: 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2006
henry plays well against the blues though maybe he's reminded of "les bleus' grin
Priccsy the number of demon fans wont borther the boys at all
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by amodu(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2006
You two just decieving yourself.

Man U. go wipe you , you go hear wennnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by kitaun(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2006
Seems Keano and Mourin-hole will be good friends now that he is a manager cool shocked grin
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by Grizzly(m): 3:35pm On Sep 16, 2006
Hmmmm grin
Manchester United vs Arsenal ?You dont get them tougher than this! and boy it didnt come at a better time,
Manure will be seeking a 5th straight win, while Arsenal will be seeking to free itself from the grim cluth of "relegation" lipsrsealed wink wink and thats just what i need.
I'm not rooting for any of the teams and i guess u know why, because just as a win for Manure will see Arsenal trying out the 2 points in 4 matches combination, the reverse will spew manure away from the top (hate to see them there), an we'd just as soon whoop liverpool, trust.

So u see, its a win - win situation for me and all the bluees in the house, grin
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by bolaoni(m): 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2006
Therez nuthin these noisemakers won't say to get attention.

It just about 24 hours away.

We shall see who the real master is.

wink
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by woleprof(m): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2006
@ Akola

in a thread like this all sort of words are used. personal attack is inevitable.

i wonder what would be the end of Arsenal after the demolition the re about 2 experience. Its a pity they are meeting the red devil at a time when the cant find their rythm.

well the on thing i can tell the gunners fan is R.I.P
Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal: The Die Is Cast! by bolaoni(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2006
No they don't have to rest in peace.

remember there is the return leg at Emirates, that is where they will be finally buried and we will allow their ghost to now Rest In Peace.

Not until then will they rest in peace cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

EPL: Manchester United Players Waiting For Mourinho To Be Sacked / Manchester United Vs Manchester City: EFL (1 - 0) On 26 Oct 2016 / Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 3) On 4th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.