Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Who Is A Husband Material? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Is A Husband Material? (8076 Views)

How To Attract A Real Husband Material / 8 Signs Of A Husband Material / Turning Him Into A HUSBAND MATERIAL. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Husband Material? by Emperoh(m): 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2009
More often than not, we hear guys label girls as "Wife Material".
But such allusions are seldom heard about men
I may try to define "Wife Material" in what i understand it to mean.
I guess a girl who is of marriageable age, well mannered, homely, probably working class (for some dudes like moi),
Affectionate and have tis motherly disposition, attentive to your needs and has a domestic disposition that equals none.
And so much more that i may not readily recall.
But i wonder whether guys fit into this definition in a masculine way.
Babes, who is a "Husband Material"? And what qualities a guy to be labeled as such?

Not excluding the bobos,
Guys, define your personality of a "Wife material"?

I hope i ain't asking too much. . . . .
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by switosman(m): 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
from my opinion, a wife material is one that can balance the traditional role with the modern role of a would be wife and mother. though no lady/girl may major much as the case may be but a husband material can make her aim for the best in her and help her bring out the angel in her. a husband material have to be a father and a lover to his girl/lady. he should balance this two and his girl will ever love him for it.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by femi4: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2009
A husband material is dat guy dat a wife material can trust
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Emperoh(m): 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
Methinks that the way things have gone or used to be,
Girls most times don't have that opportunity to classify.
hence Husband Material may never really exist. . . . cool cool
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Ben13: 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2009
femi4:

A husband material is dat guy dat a wife material can trust

Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by tpia: 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2009
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sesman(m): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2009
Am a very good husband material.I cook and I clean.lol
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Positivity(m): 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2009
*How come babes aren't responding?*
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2009
Husband Material:

It may be different in Nigeria but one of the first things I look for is a man that is not still living in his mothers basement, unless he is saving up for a house.

A man with a job, good paying job, a job that pays more than or almost as much as mine.

A man that pays his bills on time

A man with good credit.

A man that is faithful

A man that see the value in me

A man that is romantic

A man that loves, adores and treats his mom with the highest respect (the way he treats her says how he will treat me)

A man that does the above to his sisters

A man that understands I am independent and also dependant

A man that understands I too have a voice and respects that voice

A man that stands behind his decisions and deals with whatever fall out there is behind them.

A man that respects me ALWAYS

A man that would never dream of disrespecting me in my presence or behind my back.

A man that can cook and clean

Be back lata

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Gabry(f): 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2009
Husband Material

1) A man whom behaves exactly like the Wives Material. Thats called Husband Material
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by bluespice(f): 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2009
a guy im not ashamed to take home to momma
after passing all sistawoman's criteria
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by romsky: 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2009
interesting
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by whitelexi(m): 4:27pm On Feb 04, 2009
sistawoman:

Husband Material:

It may be different in Nigeria but one of the first things I look for is a man that is not still living in his mothers basement, unless he is saving up for a house.

A man with a job, good paying job, a job that pays more than or almost as much as mine.

A man with good credit.

A man that is faithful

A man that is romantic

A man that loves, adores and treats his mom with the highest respect (the way he treats her says how he will treat me)

A man that stands behind his decisions and deals with whatever fall out there is behind them.

A man that would never dream of disrespecting me in my presence or behind my back.

Be back lata

Is she trying to say i'm not husband material cos of some financial issues she mentions in the beginning, and some respect issues she mentions in the middle, or some cooking/cleaning skills she mentions in the end
All this talk no get head. . . There is nothing like husband material, all men are husbands when they want cos they do the marrying. Women just have to understand that everything can never be as equal as they wish it. . . It has never been, and it will never be oh, thats how God created it, and thats how it will remain!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2009
Financially stable
Kind and sensitive
God fearing
Willing to take care of tasks that are too big for me to handle.
Loving
Loves children
the list could go on,
Those r the basics for me!

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2009
good luck with your long lists
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2009
oyb:

good luck with your long lists

Thanks.

BTW he passed every single one of them with exception to his mom as she passed away 20 years ago, but from what his brothers and sister and he say he was her favoriate and he adored her.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Ehise99(m): 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2009
12 inches and 6 figures
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by dapsycool(m): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2009
whitelexi:

Is she trying to say i'm not husband material cos of some financial issues she mentions in the beginning, and some respect issues she mentions in the middle, or some cooking/cleaning skills she mentions in the end
All this talk no get head. . . There is nothing like husband material, all men are husbands when they want cos they do the marrying. Women just have to understand that everything can never be as equal as they wish it. . . It has never been, and it will never be oh, thats how God created it, and thats how it will remain!

Sorry to say, this man doesn't exist, don't waste your time. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by DrTony1(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2009
Husband material is always hard 2 find.But ladies hv no choice esp. When they r running out of tym
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by ohaechesi(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2009
sistawoman:

Husband Material:

A man with good credit.

A man that is faithful

A man that is romantic

Be back lata

Madam, if i may ask, are you married? if yes, tell me, are you the one that is married to him or is he the one that married to you? i'm having some kind of grudges with your post because if men should do all that you posted, then they should also stay at home and take care of children. go to market, buy food stuffs, come back home, do the cooking and serve you and your children on the dinning table. I'm only asking a question, i meant no disdain shocked
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by ohaechesi(m): 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2009
sistawoman:

Husband Material:

A man with good credit.

A man that is faithful

A man that is romantic

Be back lata

I doubt if there is any quality a man should possess before ascertaining the height of a marriage material or else ladies or should say women should start paying man's dowry. if it is not possible that way, then i disagree with your views completely
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2009
ohaechesi:

Madam, if i may ask, are you married? if yes, tell me, are you the one that is married to him or is he the one that married to you? i'm having some kind of grudges with your post because if men should do all that you posted, then they should also stay at home and take care of children. go to market, buy food stuffs, come back home, do the cooking and serve you and your children on the dinning table. I'm only asking a question, i meant no disdain shocked

Yes I am married and he is all that and more.

We both work outside the home.

typical evening after work for me:

I get home from work about 6pm
I change my clothes
check email
unwind for 20 mins with a glass of wine
prepare dinner
check homework
check chores
do laundry
fold what was done yesterday
put away clothes
feed the kids
lay out the kids clothes for the next day
montior bath time and bedtime

I run two business and support my children in thiers
Tend to kids business after they go to bed (candy store stays open until 10pm)

If i have a client that needs work done I work on that after the kids are put to bed. I lay out hubby's clothes for the next day.
Pick up the house
pay the bills/check bills/view bank accounts
Take care of any mending and sewing that the family needs done
take my bath
go to bed
when hubby gets home from work around 2am
I wake up
tend to his "needs"
Go back to bed
get up at 6am
get the kids up
ready for school
off to school
get ready for work
off to work and repeat.

On the weekends I do a top to bottom, check in the corners type of household cleaning and run all my arrands, food shopping, shopping for the family, picking this and picking that.

The only time I get a break my dear is when i take a "sick" day from work and the kids go to school. But hubby is still home and I am still catering to his needs.

He does cook from time to time when the pressure is too much or when I have alot of client work to do.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2009
ohaechesi:

I doubt if there is any quality a man should possess before ascertaining the height of a marriage material or else ladies or should say women should start paying man's dowry. if it is not possible that way, then i disagree with your views completely

You cant demad alot from your spouse if you are not giving alot

I demand 110% from him because I give 110% to him.

whatever he asks for is already done, because I know what he needs before he does.

I run and manage our house, our businesses and our finances.

We all know that women do it all it is about time that we ask the same from our men.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by ariblaze(m): 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2009
@sistawoman

nicely put, you do remind me of what i think someone would be like lol

but you missed the question sha, you described husband not material

the material is what would make him husband

@post

a husband/wife material

is that person that meets the criteria you have set down for your what your perfect spouse should be

irrespective of the person's character i noticed the poster said homely,not all men want that

some want a laid back person, some want a serial spitfire,some want some who will challenge them mentally, emotional,academically,insipre them spiritually i.e telling you to read victory over hamas and joining you in prayers,yet not frown at your lifestyle nor shy from going hanging out with your boyz alongside you.

while some prefer,a woman who would cower before them,someone to dominate
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by netotse(m): 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2009
na wa o. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by damola1: 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
@ sistawoman,

Na lie!!!, Everything so perfect!!!, you forget say you done post thousands of messages on nairaland, where dat time dey??

You see, I catch you!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2009
damola1:

@ sistawoman,

Na lie!!!, Everything so perfect!!!, you forget say you done post thousands of messages on nairaland, where dat time dey??

You see, I catch you!

At work i post on NL

At home you might find about 5-10 posts.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2009
ariblaze:

@sistawoman

nicely put, you do remind me of what i think someone would be like lol

but you missed the question sha, you described husband not material

the material is what would make him husband

But I believe that a man has to have those quilities listed above to even be considered husband material.

If he cant pay his bills how will he pay ours as a family?

If he can make his own decisions for himself how will he make them for the family? etc.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by cvibe: 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2009
Ladies do you spend forever waiting for that husband material, or simply go for the best fit that comes along?
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by zerocool(m): 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2009
wat i can infer from wat the women/gals av bn saying is that the man/guy must be rich. shior!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by zerocool(m): 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2009
wat i can infer from wat the women/gals av bn saying is that the ''husband material'' must be rich. shior!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2009
zerocool:

wat i can infer from wat the women/gals av bn saying is that the man/guy must be rich. shior!

How exactly did you infer that?

cvibe:

Ladies do you spend forever waiting for that husband material, or simply go for the best fit that comes along?

If you catch a man early enough you can mold him into a husband. Just like men prep us for marriage so must a woman prep a man. But there has to be basic qualities there to shape.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

/ Priest Caught Having S*x With A Prostitute Inside His Car (photos) / 7 Signs Your Girlfriend Doesnt Respect You Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.