Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,599 members, 7,958,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:00 AM

Who Is A Husband Material? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Is A Husband Material? (8195 Views)

How To Attract A Real Husband Material / 8 Signs Of A Husband Material / Turning Him Into A HUSBAND MATERIAL. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by ariblaze(m): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2009
lol @sistawoman
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by kavita: 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2009
[td]Husband Material:

It may be different in Nigeria but one of the first things I look for is a man that is not still living in his mothers basement, unless he is saving up for a house.

A man with a job, good paying job, a job that pays more than or almost as much as mine.

A man that pays his bills on time

A man with good credit.

A man that is faithful

A man that see the value in me

A man that is romantic

A man that loves, adores and treats his mom with the highest respect (the way he treats her says how he will treat me)

A man that does the above to his sisters

A man that understands I am independent and also dependant

A man that understands I too have a voice and respects that voice

A man that stands behind his decisions and deals with whatever fall out there is behind them.

A man that respects me ALWAYS

A man that would never dream of disrespecting me in my presence or behind my back.

A man that can cook and clean

Be back lata[/td]

I DO AGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT YOU SAID EXPECT THE COOKING AND CLEAING, HABA, WAHT DO YOU WANT TO DO, THE GUY PROVIDES THE FUNDS, LOVES, ADORES, RESPECT, TREAT RESPECTFULLY ALWAYS AND THEN COOOOOOOOOOOOOK AND THE BASE OF A CLEANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, I CAN DO ALL THAT BUT COOOOOOOOOKING AND CLEANNNNNNING, THAT WOMAN WILL HAVE TO GO MARRY SOMEONE ELSE

CAN YOU IMAGINE A TOP EXECUTIVE, COMING BACK FROM MEETINGS IN LAGOS (8AM) AND ABUJA (1:30PM) AND GETTING HOME FOR 8:30PM - DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO GO COOK AND THEN CLEAN, THINK ABOUT IT DEEPLY.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2009
kavita:

[
I DO AGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT YOU SAID EXPECT THE COOKING AND CLEAING, HABA, WAHT DO YOU WANT TO DO, THE GUY PROVIDES THE FUNDS, LOVES, ADORES, RESPECT, TREAT RESPECTFULLY ALWAYS AND THEN COOOOOOOOOOOOOK AND THE BASE OF A CLEANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, I CAN DO ALL THAT BUT COOOOOOOOOKING AND CLEANNNNNNING, THAT WOMAN WILL HAVE TO GO MARRY SOMEONE ELSE

CAN YOU IMAGINE A TOP EXECUTIVE, COMING BACK FROM MEETINGS IN LAGOS (8AM) AND ABUJA (1:30PM) AND GETTING HOME FOR 8:30PM - DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO GO COOK AND THEN CLEAN, THINK ABOUT IT DEEPLY.

I expect that he will know how to do and will do it from time to time to help me out or give me a break.

Read my other post and you will understand why.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by MT: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2009
@sistawoman,

So, what happens when recession hits the husband material ?. I guess he becomes ordinary husband smiley
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Cheef: 9:05pm On Feb 04, 2009
@ sistawoman,

Ride on, I am feeling you!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2009
MT:

@sistawoman,

So, what happens when recession hits the husband material ?. I guess he becomes ordinary husband smiley

Do you mean what happens when money is tight?

Because the profession he works on is directly tied to the economy.  I just work harder, pull in more clients for my businesses and pull thru.  This recession we are in, in the US is not going anywhere for a while.  So i do what i have do to support my husband.

He on the other hand, being the true blooded Nigerian he is, just works himself to the bone because he dare not admit that his wife is working harder to keep the family afloat.   We just have alot of irons in the fire right now and we are saving like mad to buy a second home and a location to house my business and get his business up and running.

He really is a great husband and because of that i will stand behind him all the way and support him however he needs me to.

You know that behind every great man there is a strong woman.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by ikamefa(f): 9:40pm On Feb 04, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided

na wah oh story full ground for hia!  undecided

@ topic husband material?  undecided winch kind material be that one?  undecided

made of asbestos  , wood or clay?  cheesy
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2009
only ariblaze made an effort to give a sensible answer, the rest of the guys gave such dumb answers. what selfish peeps.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by MrCrackles(m): 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2009
ikamefa:

na wah oh story full ground for hia!  undecided

@ topic husband material?  undecided winch kind material be that one?  undecided

made of asbestos  , wood or clay?   cheesy

Na Ankara and Gabbadine material!! cheesy

IkaAAAAAAA!!!! kiss
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2009
ikamefa:

na wah oh story full ground for hia!  undecided

@ topic husband material?  undecided winch kind material be that one?  undecided

made of asbestos  , wood or clay?  cheesy

That would be fire, stain,  rust, water resistant material.  grin
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by ikamefa(f): 9:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

Na Ankara and Gabbadine material!! cheesy

IkaAAAAAAA!!!! kiss

oh really! silk and lace nko? kiss kiss

sistawoman:

That would be fire, stain,  rust, water resistant material.  grin

prolly? " grin "

@ topic totally agree with sistawoman posts so far! wink
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2009
ikamefa:

@ topic totally agree with sistawoman posts so far! wink

I always pay a little extra for the sarcasm resistant covering. LOL tongue tongue
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by ToToChoper: 10:24pm On Feb 04, 2009
All the qualities already mentioned are good----but it all boils down to a woman's personal preference or idea of what "husband material" means to her.

Needless to say that I did observe our female respondents here (perhaps out of culture or the inherent perception that they would be viewed in a different light) convieniently skipped the quality concerning handling business between the sheets.

Ladies una no try o, abeg what is husband material to you?

The "dowda the sexy guy" character or the "honey I am tired and have to go to work in the morning" persona?  grin grin grin grin grinHurries and leaves room quickly
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by PAPABOMBOY: 10:57pm On Feb 04, 2009
Oga Totochoper, e be like say u don over-qualify for this cain position. People like you go dey marry 3 or 4 wives put for house, still dey find more outside. smiley
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by lawyer(m): 11:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
Husband Material:

It may be different in Nigeria but one of the first things I look for is a man that is not still living in his mothers basement, unless he is saving up for a house.

A man with a job, good paying job, a job that pays more than or almost as much as mine.

I am comfortable with my job and i dont think i have to compete with my wife over money and who makes what or why or how, bottom lie, if i am broke she supports me and if my pay check or commission comes in on time, she can extend her shopping hours!

A man that pays his bills on time

Everyman one way or the other defaults in his bills whether health, light or parking ticket but we can both resolve it if it concerns both of us Even dangote is owing somebody!

A man with good credit

I dont do credits or loan what soever. Never have , never will!

A man that is faithful

This statement is over rated. If you are looking for faithful, buy a dog!

A man that see the value in me

Vice versa. Its never a 2 way street! He or she who loves the most suffers the most! People only value the other partner when you have something to gain, either its money, sex, material stuff or something. Its never a 100% sure banker valuing system. Thats why partners quarrel everyday and most lead to divorces. Its a human nature thing.

A man that is romantic

Hmmm, dont confuse infatuation and puppy love with romantic. Men out grow those fairy tales after some time and its never like the movies

A man that loves, adores and treats his mom with the highest respect (the way he treats her says how he will treat me)

Once again a 2 way street reply. What if his mother was very abusive or a drunk or maltreated or abandoned him ? Must he love his mother despite all that? Being a biological parent is not a right to love your parents if you dont have any relationship with them.

A man that does the above to his sisters

Same answer for the above statement. Its a 2 way street!
A man that understands I am independent and also dependant

Well i vote 100% for this. Everybody loves their me time and independence without the constant chokes of being dependent on someone.

A man that understands I too have a voice and respects that voice.

Well it depends on if you know the difference between and Argument and a Disagreement. Most of the time, men interprete that voice to mean constant nagging and whinning and except you are intellectually sound up there and matured in responding to questions and issues surrounding you, he might respect that voice.

A man that stands behind his decisions and deals with whatever fall out there is behind them.

Yeah right! Once again we are human beings. The only constant thing in life is change. If a new outcome reveals its self, everyman is entitled to forgo that dogmatic believe and work towards something that suits his primary purpose. Man is a selfish being and he has to think of himself first before any other person or thing, and sticking to a decision could lead him to perdition and trust some women to castigate the man for being too sturborn when something disasterous occurs and he stands behind that decision no matter how unintelligent or daft the decision is.

A man that respects me ALWAYS

Respect begets Respect. Its not a command and its a priviledge. It is earned not a forceful right.

A man that would never dream of disrespecting me in my presence or behind my back.

No comment! wink If only women can say the same thing and not gossip ever about their husbands or men for 1 full month in respect of his apparent failures that given moment!

A man that can cook and clean

lol! I wish you can survey 100 men and ask this question to all of them. Your result would be astonishingly NOT SHOCKING!!!! grin I am thinking of how many men can pound yam for their wives and cook edi kin kong for their wives!

Well if you include indomie noodles as cooking then you are dead on correct!
wink

Be back lata

Bottom line, this list is what you call a wish list! And we all wish pigs could fly! grin
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 12:20am On Feb 05, 2009
lawyer:

Bottom line, this list is what you call a wish list! And we all wish pigs could fly! grin

Sweetie just read a few posts down and all your questions about me will be answered. I am a real woman who handles her business.

You best believe that if i expect that from my husband that i am giving that and more to him in return.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 05, 2009
I agree with Sistawoman especially the cook and clean part. The fact that he doesn't see it beyond him or it makes him less of a man to cook or clean or bath his children . . . that's priceless. cool
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 12:35am On Feb 05, 2009
stillwater:

I agree with Sistawoman especially the cook and clean part. The fact that he doesn't see it beyond him or it makes him less of a man to cook or clean or bath his children . . . that's priceless. cool

Some men will never get it; if a woman feels like what you do for her is priceless she will treat it like it is priceless.

A woman that loves her man will truly move heaven and earth for that man but only if he is a GOOD man.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by MrCrackles(m): 12:38am On Feb 05, 2009
Thank God, Brash is priceless! cheesy
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 12:41am On Feb 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Yes you are baby. tongue
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by MrCrackles(m): 12:46am On Feb 05, 2009
sistawoman:

Yes you are baby. tongue

Thank you!Thank you!! cheesy kiss
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Sauron1: 12:47am On Feb 05, 2009
stillwater:

I disagree.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Hmmm, in what way? cheesy

sistawoman:

Some men will never get it; if a woman feels like what you do for her is priceless she will treat it like it is priceless.

A woman that loves her man will truly move heaven and earth for that man but only if he is a GOOD man.

Exactly. kiss

~Sauron~:

I disagree.

What don't u agree with?
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by MrCrackles(m): 12:52am On Feb 05, 2009
stillwater:

Hmmm, in what way? cheesy

In everyway Stillwater, trust me!

I dont like to hype myself but on this occasion, i couldnt resist it
! grin cheesy
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Sauron1: 12:54am On Feb 05, 2009
stillwater:

What don't u agree with?

Cook and clean for a woman?? She must be heavily preggers for me to do that.
Our roles in the house shall be well-defined. Cook and clean while she is doing what?? Watching ER or Desperate Housewives??
What else?? I should breastfeed the kids too??
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

In everyway Stillwater, trust me!

I dont like to hype myself but on this occasion, i couldnt resist it
! grin cheesy

That's sweet. grin You'll make one lovely husband. kiss

~Sauron~:

Cook and clean for a woman?? She must be heavily preggers for me to do that.
Our roles in the house shall be well-defined. Cook and clean while she is doing what?? Watching ER or Desperate Housewives??
What else?? I should breastfeed the kids too??

Oga come down your high horse. No one is saying you switch roles. Do you feel less of a man doing ordinary chores for once without the wife indisposed?
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Sauron1: 1:02am On Feb 05, 2009
stillwater:

Oga come down your high horse. No one is saying you switch roles. Do you feel less of a man doing ordinary chores for once without the wife indisposed?

I am an African man. . . . .
If the chores become a burden to her, she must lemme marry a 2nd wife then. cheesy grin
This is one of the reasons our forefathers had many wives and we labelled em as Hot hilly billyz. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by MrCrackles(m): 1:02am On Feb 05, 2009
stillwater:

That's sweet. grin You'll make one lovely husband. kiss

I sure will!
Do everything for the missus as long as it rocks her boat
!! cheesy tongue kiss
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

I am an African man. . . . .
If the chores become a burden to her, she must lemme marry a 2nd wife then. cheesy grin
This is one of the reasons our forefathers had many wives and we labelled em as Hot hilly billyz. tongue tongue tongue tongue

I asked, does it make you less of a man if you do such chores? Simple!!! If yes, then you are definitely not a husband material!!! Bite me!!!

MrCrackles:

I sure will!
Do everything for the missus as long as it rocks her boat
!! cheesy tongue kiss

Lol, you don't have to rock our boats all the time. Me likey some stubborn streak in me men. cheesy But someone needs to take a cue from you and that's Sauron. kiss
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Sauron1: 1:14am On Feb 05, 2009
stillwater:

I asked, does it make you less of a man if you do such chores? Simple!!! If yes, then you are definitely not a husband material!!! Bite me!!!

It makes me less of a man grinding pepper when ma wifey is with the TV remote watching TRL. cheesy grin

Lol, you don't have to rock our boat all the time. Me likey some stubborn streak in me men. cheesy But someone need to take a cue from you and that's Sauron. kiss

If u want some stubborn streak, u better woo me now before it's too late. grin
Take a cue from Brash?? He is wanted by 34 baby mommas in his borough.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by minute(f): 1:21am On Feb 05, 2009
Someone who shares the same faith, who is

gentle yet strong in character,willing to protect

those he loves, honest,faithful and loyal. Willing to

work for the good of his family, and as a patner with his wife,

loves children,is sensitive when he needs to be and loving

in an unselfish way. How he looks is not important,or how

many muscles he has. And his true xter shows when no one

is watching. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

It makes me less of a man grinding pepper when ma wifey is with the TV remote watching TRL. cheesy grin

shocked  :oI give up, you're no husband material.

If u want some stubborn streak, u better woo me now before it's too late. grin
Take a cue from Brash?? He is wanted by 34 baby mommas in his borough.

Your own stubborness is something else!!! I'll still go with brash. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

....,.. / How Long Can A Lady Stay Without Sex / I Always Fall In Love With Girls That Don't Love Me.why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.