Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Who Is A Husband Material? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Is A Husband Material? (8077 Views)

How To Attract A Real Husband Material / 8 Signs Of A Husband Material / Turning Him Into A HUSBAND MATERIAL. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by honeric01(m): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2009
Uhm, see list, If wishes were horses, lizards would start dancing alanta cheesy

maybe 70% of all these, but it's VERY hard to someone with that list.

You forgot, Husband material should also know how to change diapers, know how to bath a newly born baby grin
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2009
honeric01:

Uhm, see list, If wishes were horses, lizards would start dancing alanta cheesy

maybe 70% of all these, but it's VERY hard to someone with that list.

[b]You forgot, Husband material should also know how to change diapers, know how to bath a newly born baby ;[/b]D

For me that does not apply. He and I are past or baby making days. We have all the children we wish to have and have no desire to have anymore.

But truth be told that really is a learned task. As long as he has the desire to want to do it; it can be done.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2009
dear sistawoman
pls ignore some posts abeg
right now they are giving me a headache

btw druss and you
i think its as good as it will get.

besides what's wrong with changing diapers
abi no be ur pikin again

i expect that if i'm not around that my hubby -father of the child will not wait for me to come back before he changes his child's diapers.
there is nothing unmanly abt that.ds
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by honeric01(m): 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2009
If the woman is not home and has a child still wearing diapers, so the man has to change the diapers too? i see
why not go out with the baby then?
well I read men can also be pregnant now. maybe equality is finally settling in right?
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 7:37pm On Feb 10, 2009
honeric01:

If the woman is not home and has a child still wearing diapers, so the man has to change the diapers too? i see
why not go out with the baby then?
well I read men can also be pregnant now. maybe equality is finally settling in right?

God have mercy on the poor slave that you marry.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by eminemkayc: 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2009
Any dude that has MONEY is a husband material! FINISH!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by honeric01(m): 9:47pm On Feb 10, 2009
@sisterwoman
 You think my wife must be slaving for me now because i asked that question?
Unfortunately, i'm not married and I am not insensitive, any woman who is not "strong" like my mom or something near my mom's abilities of raising a football team can't really match me.
 But then my mom put alot into her boys that any woman hooking us should be as lucky as if she found a well of diamonds.
I can do most of these things you listed but that does that mean others can do it. if you check some of my old post, you would see where i wrote how many kind of meal i can prepare so I'm not an oppressor.

by the way, we were brought up to do all these things ourselves at home so it's already in me. cheesy
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ honeric01

I am glad you cleared that up and I am happy that your mom taught you how to do everything a woman can do. Alot of men are pampered by their mothers and have no survival skills, thus making them vulnerable to any woman who puts on a good "show" of skills.

It is always a plus when you know that you can count on your hubby to have your back no matter what. Lord knows I get busy, very busy, and cant always tend to my family w/o working myself to exhaustion. It is a relief to know that if I am working late hubby and the kids wont just sit in the house and die of starvation or that he wont call me a bad wife because he had to cook a meal, vacuum a floor or put in a load of laundry.

There are two people in a marriage and one works themselves to their grave it is not cool at all. Together we can accomplish so much more than we can alone. A team that flows like ours has helped our family gain so much more then if we were in a "mans", "woman's" duties type of marriage.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by honeric01(m): 10:19pm On Feb 10, 2009
@sisterwoman'
If my mom wanted to "spoil" us, her kids, she would have died more than 20 years ago, because she just can't afford to do that. Let me remind you again lol, she brought a football team into this world, all male, so imagine her spoiling every team member by doing their "chores" for them.
Can you picture that? embarassed
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2009
A man that understand that I come first as his wife. Even before his moma!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Druss(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2009
Guys - if you are really so insecure about your manliness - my advice is do not marry. You will kill your wife - the first day she questions your judgement!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2009
Druss:

Guys - if you are really so insecure about your manliness - my advice is do not marry. You will kill your wife - the first day she questions your judgement!

Agreed!!!!!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by honeric01(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2009
Druss:

Is this for the poster? undecided
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by dean2725: 2:07am On Feb 12, 2009
Husband Material:

It may be different in Nigeria but one of the first things I look for is a man that is not still living in his mothers basement, unless he is saving up for a house.

A man with a job, good paying job, a job that pays more than or almost as much as mine.

A man that pays his bills on time

A man with good credit.

A man that is faithful

A man that see the value in me

A man that is romantic

A man that loves, adores and treats his mom with the highest respect (the way he treats her says how he will treat me)

A man that does the above to his sisters

A man that understands I am independent and also dependant

A man that understands I too have a voice and respects that voice

A man that stands behind his decisions and deals with whatever fall out there is behind them.

A man that respects me ALWAYS

A man that would never dream of disrespecting me in my presence or behind my back.

A man that can cook and clean

Be back lata

Even if he is a dwarf or slowpoke
women sha!!!
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by dean2725: 4:01am On Feb 12, 2009
There is nothing wrong in helping your wifey doing some kind of stuffs, especially when she is kinda busy or unavailable. i dont get it when some guys are so selfish that they think cooking for atleast (your own ) children or taking care of children diapers is a crime. women aren't slave for God sake!! shocked shocked. BTW i cant be  jumpimg up and down in the kitchen while she is hanging out with her friends or engaged in unnecessary atc. no way!!!. her family should be her priority.

@ sisterwoman
the guage with which you measure your financial stuff is scary. am sure this is a list drawn out of hindsight. you couldnt have thought of this in your "single n serching days" and if you did, they wouldn't be taken serious because you would not find any. but for those single ladies who might be thinking of making rules out of this sisterwoman list, i advise you marry first, then you can  draft your own list of  husband material like sisterwoman did
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Honey92: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2009
please im new here, i saw your post and it's so captivating, can i join you?
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Honey92: 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2009
no one is ready to welcome me?
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Honey92: 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2009
i really wanna be a part of this conversation, no one to talk to me?
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by spikedcylinder: 5:12pm On Feb 12, 2009
Na wa o.

Whats wrong is a father bathes his child? This useless backward thinking sef. undecided undecided
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by chamotex(m): 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2009
Honey_91:

please im new here, i saw your post and it's so captivating, can i join you?

oh boy just talk wetin u want talk
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by KarmaMod(f): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2009
honeric01:

@sisterwoman
 You think my wife must be slaving for me now because i asked that question?
Unfortunately, i'm not married

The world heaves a collective sigh of relief
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Honey92: 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2009
my dear there's absolutely nothing wrong with it but some times you don't need to blame them. it's what their selfish father's imbibe in them. Africa tradition na the worst wey i don c. Though this era many Africans don out grow those barbaric practices. na fun for a loving man to assist im wife i know know wetin dey wrong with that
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Honey92: 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2009
oh you guys sure this is not where i'll find her?
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by honeric01(m): 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2009
Are u drunk with honey mixed with ogogoro? Why the zigzag comments? Wetin last wey u dey find for online?
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2009
dean2725:

@ sisterwoman
the guage with which you measure your financial stuff is scary. am sure this is a list drawn out of hindsight. you couldnt have thought of this in your "single n serching days" and if you did, they wouldn't be taken serious because you would not find any. but for those single ladies who might be thinking of making rules out of this sisterwoman list, i advise you marry first, then you can draft your own list of husband material like sisterwoman did

You are correct this is a hindsight list. I made my list after my first husband before my current.

If I had been schooled before by older wiser women I would have had this from the start and would have married one time.

I am not saying that the man should come with millions of dollars; I am just saying he should be where I am. I date older than me and have always dated older than me. Therefore I feel like if I have accomplished things in my life so should he. And if he has not then he is not the type of man i want or need. I am way beyond my days of looking at the potential. I am way beyond my days of pushing a man along and helping him get his feet on the ground.

My man must come in the door carrying the table not just bringing something to put on it.

Women should never date down. I believe they should date up because most women date older. And if an older guy does not have his act together then keep it moving because he might never get there. He might forever be stuck in the "dream".
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Treetop20(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2009
KarmaMod:

The world heaves a collective sigh of relief
lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by spikedcylinder: 7:38am On Feb 13, 2009
chamotex:

oh boy just talk wetin u want talk

LOL!!!! grin grin grin

I translated this into Yoruba and couldn't help meself. . . . grin grin grin
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by dean2725: 9:41pm On Feb 13, 2009
honeric01:

Are u drunk with honey mixed with ogogoro? Why the zigzag comments? Wetin last wey u dey find for online?

no b only ogogoro sef. na kankandoro sandwiched with weed
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by dean2725: 11:51pm On Feb 13, 2009
sistawoman:

You are correct this is a hindsight list. I made my list after my first husband before my current.

If I had been schooled before by older wiser women I would have had this from the start and would have married one time.

I am not saying that the man should come with millions of dollars; I am just saying he should be where I am. I date older than me and have always dated older than me. Therefore I feel like if I have accomplished things in my life so should he. And if he has not then he is not the type of man i want or need. I am way beyond my days of looking at the potential. I am way beyond my days of pushing a man along and helping him get his feet on the ground.

My man must come in the door carrying the table not just bringing something to put on it.

Women should never date down. I believe they should date up because most women date older. And if an older guy does not have his act together then keep it moving because he might never get there. He might forever be stuck in the "dream".

sistawoman:

I am just saying he should be where I am

totally agreed. not only good for you but good the man too. cool cool

sistawoman:

My man must come in the door carrying the table not just bringing something to put on it

wow! . .  .sistawoman is at it again!! smiley smiley
what if he bring the table and "something" on it as you put but after a while, the table and "something" on the table turn out to be mirage. I am sorry but this statement is too strong and extreme to be consider as a good advise for single ladies out there. I think IMO, you (you are married already naw?, so my you=yet to marry lady that cares) should chose your man not for his "WHAT" but for his "WHO". That those with just a table without "something" to put on are also worthy for consideration.That together with love they can move mt. kilimanjaro. However, i can not dispute your point that women should dream big. That is important not only for women but for everybody wanting something good out of this life.

sistawoman:

Women should never date down. I believe they should date up because most women date older.
which category of women are you  have refering to in here? cos there is uproar now that men should stop dating poor girls. They said some women always like to date rich men and shut their  door for the poor ones. That lol ajepako for  ajepako and ajebota for ajebota. no cross-breding so they said grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230793.0.html
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sistawoman: 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2009
dean2725:

totally agreed. not only good for you but good the man too. cool cool

wow! . .  .sistawoman is at it again!! smiley smiley
what if he bring the table and "something" on it as you put but after a while, the table and "something" on the table turn out to be mirage. I am sorry but this statement is too strong and extreme to be consider as a good advise for single ladies out there. I think IMO, you (you are married already naw?, so my you=yet to marry lady that cares) should chose your man not for his "WHAT" but for his "WHO". That those with just a table without "something" to put on are also worthy for consideration.That together with love they can move mt. kilimanjaro. However, i can not dispute your point that women should dream big. That is important not only for women but for everybody wanting something good out of this life.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230793.0.html

That my dear is where proper investigation comes in.  Maybe you dont know this about me, but I run background checks, credit checks and interpool checks on men when the dating moves to level 2.  I let them know up front what I am going to do and since my brother works for the Feds I have access to information that others might not have.
You talk to friends, watch his behavior and notice every single red flag.  Proceed with cation is my matto.  I have worked way too hard to get what I have, to be where I am in life.  I wont let some looser guy come and take it all away.  You have to get up way early in the morning to get me.

which category of women are you  have refering to in here? cos there is uproar now that men should stop dating poor girls. They said some women always like to date rich men and shut their  door for the poor ones. That lol ajepako for  ajepako and ajebota for ajebota. no cross-breding so they said grin

When I say date up I mean most girls will date men that are 3-8 years older than them.  If I am in my last year college he should be in his 2-3rd year on the job.  He should have had 8 jobs in the past year.  He should have some stiblity about him.  He should be a little bit settled.  If I am out of college and working 2-3 years then he should have 5-7 years of work history under his belt and should also be college educated.  He should be far more stable at that time.  He should have 5, 10, 15, 20 year goals and his actions should prove that he is moving on those goals, because trust me I have my goals laid out and my action plans.  But if I am a chickenhead that collect money from the government with no education, living in section 8 then for me dating up is a drug dealer, not Don Trump.

For every category of women there is dating up, it just depends on what kind of woman you are and where you are in your life.
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by Muza(m): 3:08am On Feb 15, 2009
me grin
Re: Who Is A Husband Material? by sylvao2000(m): 4:01am On Feb 15, 2009
ME[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color][size=8pt][/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Signs Your Girlfriend Doesnt Respect You Anymore / / Apart From Sex, What Else Do You Gain From Your Girlfriend? I Need Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.