Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,129 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts (20694 Views)

Help! My Thighs Rub Each Other And It Hurts / After Dating For 3yrs Without Sex..she Is Getting Married To Someone Else / My Heart Is Broken For The First Time:::it Hurts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by jayflex: 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2009
Hi nairalanders. I was head over heels in love with my ex. So much in love I actually gave up a good job in the UK and came back because she wasnt able to come over. Pitifully to say she dumped me six months after i got back and my $$$$ ran out. All of the friends on both sides were really insensitive towards me and i sort of disappeared. That was 3 years ago. Got a call today from one of the "friends" telling me she was getting married. I thought I was over it but it hurt bad. people am I just weak or is it natural?

2 Likes

Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by omega25red(m): 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2009
You are not weak what is happening to you is just one of the human conditions when we love it is hard to forget even if it ends bad. I guess you just thought it would be you who would be marrying the girl and it didn't happen.
All i can say is count yourself lucky that you saw what she was like for better or for worse, because she could have left you after you married her.
I hope you got the good job back in the UK or are you stuck in naija

2 Likes

Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by LIMUEL(m): 1:21am On Feb 06, 2009
In Emotional management there is a course called Contingency plan
Next time you fall in love always get this plan in place
Always try to see the end from the beginning

3 Likes

Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Nobody: 1:25am On Feb 06, 2009
gave up a job in the UK to return for a girl you werent 100% sure she was urs? na wa o.
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by spoilt(f): 1:39am On Feb 06, 2009
What you need is to fall in love with someone else and you'll wonder what you ever saw in raggedy her!! grin
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Sauron1: 1:49am On Feb 06, 2009
jayflex:

Hi nairalanders. I was head over heels in love with my ex. So much in love I actually gave up a good job in the UK and came back because she wasnt able to come over. Pitifully to say she dumped me six months after i got back and my $$$$ ran out. All of the friends on both sides were really insensitive towards me and i sort of disappeared. That was 3 years ago. Got a call today from one of the "friends" telling me she was getting married. I thought I was over it but it hurt bad. people am I just weak or is it natural?

You are royally WEAK. cry cry cry cry
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Tatase(f): 2:13am On Feb 06, 2009
I think it's natural (to be weak and hurt) in this situation, even after 3 years. It's probably going to hurt and be upsetting for a good while yet. Sorry o. Good luck with everything.
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 06, 2009
You are only human. Theres nothing wrong with that.
It will hurt but believe me you will move on.
Ask yourself will this matter in 10 years time?
You will meet another person who will love you 100%.
Give yourself time and dont dwell on it.
She's moved on, do the same yourself.
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by sparta(f): 9:22am On Feb 06, 2009
You aint weak buddy, you are just a loyal and deep lover and thats the best way to love! wink Its just that love is not predictable and it can hurt you silly at times. Don't worry you will get over it, try meeting up with other ladies, get hooked again and dont be afraid to love again. There are so many uncertainties in life but when you fall you don't sit there, get up and get a life again. You will be just fine cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Ben13: 9:28am On Feb 06, 2009
davidylan:

gave up a job in the UK to return for a girl you werent 100% sure she was urs?

it beats me
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by spikedcylinder: 9:40am On Feb 06, 2009
Pele o. embarassed
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by cvibe: 9:50am On Feb 06, 2009
Poster you are just a Wussy, you lost out to the stronger competitor.  Common man! get a hold of yourself and be a man, she's probably not thinking of you.  There are lots of fishes in the river waiting to be caught. , go sharpen your fish hooks!

Plus, a man never falls head over heels in love, those are for ladies lest you be taken for a ride as has just happened to you. wink

2 Likes

Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Tonyet1(m): 10:05am On Feb 06, 2009
same use to happen to me before

but like someone rightly said here "always imagine the end from the beginning", this has always been my new approaches to love, ever since my ex got pregnant for a dude who dumbed her with the baby, till date i still have that flair for her, when we meet something tries sparking but i had to move on

well my pity now is that, my new chic[b][size=18pt]s[/size][/b]cant get my heart,alli give them is my sweet words and they fall like the famous"london bridge"

like they say "once bitten twice shy"

i have resorted to love no other woman only my real wife, at least then i know she is mine forever

and what still baffles me is that she aint even pretty as my new chics are, but i cant still understand y this bad boooooy still dies for her, well maybe i lost some pieces of my heart inside her, and she wont give them back to me cry
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by jayflex: 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2009
Davidylan & Ben20001. How do you guys tell who is 100% yours. I'd be blessed to find out
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by switosman(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2009
jayflex, u need to go on a course on woman psychology. u can open ur eyes and observe all the ladies arround u or join a team of player to learn quick. the real issue here is that making a woman love u is and act that can be a part of u. visit http://howtosucceedwithwomen.com/badboy-dvds/returns.html or http://artofthepickup.com/promo/jN0OOw2ZGts9O1m/dvd1.html.
enjoy.
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by temi4rea(f): 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2009
davidylan:

gave up a job in the UK to return for a girl you werent 100% sure she was urs? na wa o.

See me my brother o!

jayflex:

Davidylan & Ben20001. How do you guys tell who is 100% yours. I'd be blessed to find out

Come havent u heard of sacrifices in love,if shes 100% urs, i swear to u she wont let u come back,if she was urs she would have sacrifice the joy of being wth u for ur sucess.

How would a lady who love u,open her eyes wide open and let u quit a good jod in a promising country,whts she looking at, no woman will tell me today she wants her man to be jobless all becos of her,

she was never urs,u didnt see it that way,

Am sorry but its better this way, u can sit back now and think abt ur life and wht to do ok.

1 Like

Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Seun(m): 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2009
Never make sacrifices for love. wink
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by temi4rea(f): 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2009
@seun
In love  Seun there are certain things one just have to let go not for anything but because its mks the other person happy.
Seun ma ta si mi o! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by MrCrackles(m): 1:39pm On Feb 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

You are royally WEAK. cry cry cry cry

Gbam!! grin

Sorry oo, loverboy!!!
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by pop247(m): 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2009
I think y u r weak n hurt is because

1. U lost ur job

2. U ran out of dollar just because of her.

U felt intimidated, but u should hav noticed that all she wants 4rm u is ur money. i tell u solemnly, this is not the end of the world, life goes on.
Just pick ur self up, find something doing that will make u glad like moving around with ur friends, playing chess, jogging around, or going to a football club to watch or play but dont drink. With time u will get over it.
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2009
@Poster, please don't mind people telling you that you are weak, and you were a 'wussy'. Maybe you made mistakes, I don't know, I wasn't there.
But for a man, it takes courage to fall in love, to open yourself up, to let yourself go. It takes balls. You took a risk. You were and are a man. But well, you ended up with the wrong person. Don't let it hurt you. Learn from it and move on. God loved you, and so he let this happen to you. You were obviously too good for her. Most guys here yabbing you and talking about how, you never "love" a woman, or give 100%, are saying that because they are afraid to let themselves go. You did it, it hurt, but you learn't from it. You know you have what it takes, and that you can sacrifice anything for the ones you love.
There are wonderful women out there, but please I implore you, do not make another innocent woman pay for your exes mistake.
You are/were not weak. Get that out of your head.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Rendani(m): 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2009
get over yourself, move on nigger
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by realcele: 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2009
It is natural for u to be hurt but make sure you dont carry the baggage of yesterday into tomorow. I wont plain the girl she just did the only wise thing contigency plan am sure she did not know you will come back for her. It would have being the other way round normally but she out smart you this time, the only thing you can do is to wish her well and i hope you find your soul mate if you have not found one yet.

Best of luck
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2009
dry eyes mate,i know how much it hurt but there are fishes in the sea
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2009
dry ur eyes mate,i know how much it hurt but there are many fishes in the sea.u re not weak.u re just j.lus
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Emperoh(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2009
wavemasta:

@Poster, please don't mind people telling you that you are weak, and you were a 'wussy'. Maybe you made mistakes, I don't know, I wasn't there.
But for a man, it takes courage to fall in love, to open yourself up, to let yourself go. It takes balls. You took a risk. You were and are a man. But well, you ended up with the wrong person. Don't let it hurt you. Learn from it and move on. God loved you, and so he let this happen to you. You were obviously too good for her. Most guys here yabbing you and talking about how, you never "love" a woman, or give 100%, are saying that because they are afraid to let themselves go. You did it, it hurt, but you learn't from it. You know you have what it takes, and that you can sacrifice anything for the ones you love.
There are wonderful women out there, but please I implore you, do not make another innocent woman pay for your exes mistake.
You are/were not weak. Get that out of your head.

Good luck!

You are about the only personw who's said something that made sense to me
When some of us keep feeling hunky and macho. . . .you never can tell whats behind all those mask
We all suffer for our inexperience or ignorance on way or the other. . .  .the greatest thing is to learn from them and move on with life

Above all never let the next person suffer for another's mistake. . . more like transfered aggression.
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by leye1234(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2009
@ Poster
You are the biggest foooool EVER. You left the U.K. for some Vagina and now you are crying after she has chopped your Dollar. Biggest MUGU ever. I feel like slapping you silly. grin
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Finecat(m): 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2009
Look here Bro'. it's alright to be hurt for love and it also right to fall in love but it's even more right to man-up and let it be. This kinda situation has happened to the best of us, don't betray your manhood. Better days are ahead. It will even hurt you more if you let your ex see you down, send her congratulatory message, wish her well and show that you are bigger man. You obviously love this girl for you to come home because of her. When your time comes, i can bet you that she will remember all the love that you gave her and she will probably hurt more than you are right now. Take it easy, focus on the most important things in your life. Our people say " If you let one woman bring you down, so many more will piss on your grave ". A woman that left you becasue of money shows what she is made of (a gold digger). A woman like that ends up regretting their lifestyle, please believe me. ENJOY LIFE BROTHER.

1 Like

Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by Finecat(m): 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2009
Emperoh:

You are about the only personw who's said something that made sense to me
When some of us keep feeling hunky and macho. . . .you never can tell whats behind all those mask
We all suffer for our inexperience or ignorance on way or the other. . . .the greatest thing is to learn from them and move on with life

Above all never let the next person suffer for another's mistake. . . more like transfered aggression.

Please don't listen to people like this one. He's probably still in High school. Knows nothing about love. Poster, be patient. True love will find you because you seem to know how to give love.
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by MrCrackles(m): 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2009
leye1234:

@ Poster
You are the biggest foooool EVER. You left the U.K. for some Vagina and now you are crying after she has chopped your Dollar. Biggest MUGU ever. I feel like slapping you silly. grin

Hehe grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by legs(f): 2:46pm On Feb 06, 2009
@poster, you took a decision, it didn't pay off. That's life, keep stepping
Re: My Ex Is Getting Married And It Hurts by SweetT1: 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2009
@Poster

Bro'. Let her go. If you gave her a good love (which sounds like you did) let her go. congratulate her and move on, don't let her win by getting depress. Find your own woman, find a woman who knows the color of love and not dollars. It's her loss, more money will come your way if you find a woman that supports and love you regardless of the negatives. It might be a blessing in disguise that she is outa your life. Pray for her husband that he never runs out of money or here she goes again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fans Go Gaga As Instagram Slay Queen Show Off Her Boobs / Shameful Moments! Men And Women Caught In The Act (PHOTOS) / At What Age Did You Start Dating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.