Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,420 members, 7,850,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

22jumpstreet1's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 22jumpstreet1's Profile / 22jumpstreet1's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2023
SIRTee15:

Come near me and listen to this:

“From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret;
at the time it happens, I am there.”

Seriously Isaiah said this. A prophet describing himself in present definite 'I am there' for something in the past.
Do u understand the words of the prophet to the word of God in the scriptures?

Every bible commentary including Jewish ones identify the Messiah as the one speaking in v16.
We may argue and differ on who the Messiah is but HE definitely is the one speaking not Isaiah.

that was GOD talking to Isaiah.....
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

LIAR!
The purpose of laws/rules/commandments is to cohabit peacefully as all adherents stick to what the law says.
So present the global family that's peacefully doing what your Torah says to avoid wars among themselves! Isaiah 2:2-4

Of course you've been blinded by Jewish CULTS lying to you that they're following some Torah when they can't stop killing one another yet claiming they have laws guiding them! smiley
lol....very laughable...

God never said we need to belong to a cult to obey his torah....

you are just looking for ways to give credit to your cult..
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

Which does your own has?

none..

it is more of 'it' rather than him or her
Religion / Re: Why Do The Gospel Resurrection Accounts Differ? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So you follow them as their kettle resemble your own! cheesy

no, I belong to the billions of people obeying the torah and going about their daily lives without being members of a cult..
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 11:02am On Aug 29, 2023
SIRTee15:

Then you ve not read the new testament.

I have,
and i have also read books about olumba olumba too

i found them a big distraction to the worship of the creator....
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 11:00am On Aug 29, 2023
MightySparrow:

It is what?

Does your God have a dick or a pussy?

do you know the meaning of personification?
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So that takes you back to square one.

You're just running up and down your god has no visible worshipers.

Don't you think you're just worshiping yourself?

Oh! Now i remember you once said you're god having human experience.

Well keep searching for those that will worship you i wish you Jonathan+Goodluck! cheesy

there are billions of people obeying the Torah round the world. we don't need to be a member of a cult like JW.
Religion / Re: Day 6 || Jesus The Miracle Worker || GCK by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:56am On Aug 29, 2023
Jesus was born in a book
he grew up in a book
was baptized in a book
performed miracles in a book
died in a book
resurrected in a book..
ascended in a book

according to JW returned in a book...

i have read the book and i found it just ends there...

but superman has to be a better super hero...and i have seen him(Henry Carvil0 and shook hands with him during the premier of his movie (The man of steel) at the Leicester square. London
Religion / Re: Getting Rid Of Incubus by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2023
Spinojaja26:
Hello friends please what are ways of getting rid of spiritual husband (spiritual relationship) which causes one of my members to always have sexual intercourse in dream

ask the husband what he wants ....

the best solution is to negotiate with him...

give it to him.....by way of sacrifice...

so that he can allow the lady enjoy her physical life...
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

Messianic or divinity claim didn't start with Jesus and wouldn't end with him.
People will always believe what they want to believe.

The answer to your response is in the book of acts 5 and Deuteronomy 13.

33 When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death. 34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while. 35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you:[b] Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; [/b]you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

Deuteronomy 13
If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him

Jesus falls in the same category..that's why i reject him..
Religion / Re: Isaiah 53: Why The Suffering Servant Is Israel And NOT Jesus. by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Steep:

Isaiah 53 is not Israel, Israel didn't suffer for others sin but for her own sin. Read again

he was suffering due to what was being done to him...
read and understand..
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

Since u quote from the book of Isaiah, I will be using the book of Isaiah to prove Trinity.

Isaiah 48.
12 “Listen to me, Jacob,
Israel, whom I have called:
I am he;
I am the first and I am the last.
13 My own hand laid the foundations of the earth,
and my right hand spread out the heavens;
when I summon them,
they all stand up together.

14 “Come together, all of you, and listen:
Which of the idols has foretold these things?
The Lord’s chosen ally
will carry out his purpose against Babylon;
his arm will be against the Babylonians.[a]
15 I, even I, have spoken;
yes, I have called him.
I will bring him,
and he will succeed in his mission.

16 “Come near me and listen to this:

“From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret;
at the time it happens, I am there.”

And now the Sovereign Lord has sent me,
endowed with his Spirit.

17 This is what the Lord says—
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go

This is God speaking in this passage but in v16 we noticed God speaking about LORD Almighty sending him.
If God is speaking, then who are “the Lord Gᴏᴅ” and “His Spirit” and “Me”? More confusing still is the fact the Lord God and the Holy Spirit sent the One who is called the First and the Last—the One who laid the foundation of the earth.

Clearly, all three of these entities are God. Isaiah unveiled all three Persons of the Godhead: “the Lord Gᴏᴅ,” referring to the Father; “His Spirit,” referring to the Holy Spirit; and “Me,” referring to the speaker, who later identifies Himself as the “Redeemer” (v. 17). Thus the speaker is the Messiah.

Let's look at another passage in Isaiah chapter 42

the basic problem with Christians is that they don't read in context..

they try their best to make a writing say what it is not saying...

it was Isaiah speaking. He was referring to himself, there is nothing there to suggest what you are making it say...
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The funny thing about you is running from one place to another yet you have nobody to lean on because everyone on this forum including AntiChristian who's post you just quoted are all deluded to you.
Remember AntiChristian believe in Jesus of Nazareth o and his Qur'an acknowledged Jesus as a prophet of God.
So try to convince him that Jesus never existed or that he is not a prophet of Jehovah first.
Otherwise tell him also that he's deluded for believing that Jesus is a real prophet of God! smiley

he is as confused as you are..

Islam and Christianity...same shit different toilet..

he has not even proved that Muhammad even existed...
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
MightySparrow:

In the Bible sense, God is the creator, the originator, self - sufficient, self - reliant, eternal, to whom alone all else revolve.
So?

what is it?
Religion / Re: Why Do The Gospel Resurrection Accounts Differ? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Before speaking against the New Testament why not agree with the atheist on the writers of other books in the Old Testament? grin

Every Aboki to his kettle..

at least what they where writing makes sense, and they set the tone for those seeking knowledge.
not some bull crap story about 'son of god'...or God impregnating another mans wife...those that even sound good in your ears...
Religion / Re: Why Do The Gospel Resurrection Accounts Differ? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2023
Caveatemptor:

Oga,
You are the one turning a pot of amala and trying to top it up with gbegiri soup. I on the other hand have been consistent that the gospels were written by anonymous people based on hearsay because none of the writers was a witness to the ministry. They only wrote based on he say,she say. None of them wrote in Jesus native tongue which is Aramaic. The gospels were written in GREEK language!
For reasons best known to the church elders they decided to attach the names Mathew, Mark, Luke and John to these anonymous books.

if they accept that it was written by anonymous authors...then they might start questioning its authenticity..
they just don't waft their illusion destroyed..
Religion / Re: Isaiah 53: Why The Suffering Servant Is Israel And NOT Jesus. by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The Messiah is the one referred to as Israel in that chapter, no Israelite can take away his own sin nor another man's sin {Psalms 49:7-9} only the blood of the perfect sinless man can take away mankind's sin just as it was a perfect man that brought sin and death upon all mankind! 1Corinthians 15:45

Sonmvayina, why did you hide using another moniker instead of your usual account? undecided

it is not a messianic prophesy...max
it was written to assure the Israelites in captivity in Babylon that God has not left them...

they are the suffering servant

read my post on top...

i am using both.....anything wrong?
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
AntiChristian:

Abeg i don even tire with your first comment!

Why does God need to enter his creation?

Abeg make i rest!

the guy is deluded to believe we do not use our brain here...

1 Like

Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

When God enters his creation he becomes visible. In his essence or real nature, he's invisible. Bible makes that clear.
When people see God in vision, they describe him in anthropomorphism, their vision has to make meaning to convey the right message.

Go and read about multiple personality disorder, then we wil come back to this topic.

The Jewish people Stephen was talking to understood the message clearly. Daniel was describing the Messiah.
Only God should be worshipped, only him has an everlasting kingdom. They knew Messiah who was to come has the same divine essence as God...He's the son of God.
That's why anybody who doesn't fit this description to them but claimed such is put to death for blasphemy.

There's no contradictions my friend.
God is not a man, but God can enter his creation to become man. THAT DOESNT MAKE HIM A MAN.
Jesus is GOD INCARNATE. We already thrashed that.

can you show me Jesus in the old testament?
and where the jews believed he would be divine?

Isaiah 45:5 says 'I am the Lord, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God: I will strengthen you although you have not known Me'

Did you miss that part?
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

When God enters his creation he becomes visible. In his essence or real nature, he's invisible. Bible makes that clear.
When people see God in vision, they describe him in anthropomorphism, their vision has to make meaning to convey the right message.

Go and read about multiple personality disorder, then we wil come back to this topic.

The Jewish people Stephen was talking to understood the message clearly. Daniel was describing the Messiah.
Only God should be worshipped, only him has an everlasting kingdom. They knew Messiah who was to come has the same divine essence as God...He's the son of God.
That's why anybody who doesn't fit this description to them but claimed such is put to death for blasphemy.

There's no contradictions my friend.
God is not a man, but God can enter his creation to become man. THAT DOESNT MAKE HIM A MAN.
Jesus is GOD INCARNATE. We already thrashed that.

who/what is God?

so i can follow
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

Who is olumba olumba. Is he amongst the thousands of gods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olumba_Olumba

nah so Jesus matter take start? Them kill many people to force them to believe the scam...
Religion / Re: Isaiah 53: Why The Suffering Servant Is Israel And NOT Jesus. by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Steep:
So Israel bear the sin of the nations?
You are a joke man.

Surely you must know better than Daniel

Daniel 9:16 O LORD, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.

And you know more than Isaiah

Isaiah 50:1 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

Israel never bore her own sins.

Isaiah 53 is about the messiah who is a righteous man not Israel.

YOU are reading a mistranslation
read the correct translation to understand what Isaiah was saying..

it is about a suffering servant, there is no death or resurrection or accession...
Isaiah already told you seven times prior to chapter53 that the servant is Israel...

why the fuss?
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

There's no contradictions. Jesus is fully man and fully God and rightly described himself as such.
I'm sure you been told million times but I understand.
The day u accept is the day u leave Islam. So continue ignorance of compulsion.

what of olumba olumba? is he GOD?
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
AntiChristian:

Chai! Subhanallah! But the context shows it's not metaphorical!

The Stoning of Stephen
…55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked intently into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” 57At this they covered their ears, cried out in a loud voice, and rushed together at him.…

grin

I admit that one has to be asinine to successfully explain trinity!

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5

1. One God! (Not three)
and
2. One mediator between God and mankind who is THE MAN (NOT GOD) JESUS CHRIST!

God is one!
Jesus is man not God!

why would i even need a man like me to mediate between me and GOD,,,
why would i not just go straight to him as he asked us..

''do not have any other god/man (my addition) before me''
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2023
MightySparrow:

And the what was God.
So?

what or who is 'a god'
Religion / Re: Jesus And Olumba Olumba Obu by 22jumpstreet1(m): 11:26am On Aug 23, 2023
KnownUnknown:

What is sin?
Why should people with their own beliefs take your opinion seriously?

Aren’t all religions engaged in idolatry given the definition of idol as an object of extreme devotion. Your idol just happens to be invisible.

Why should everyone kowtow to Jews like you do somnvayina?

maalu..

when did you escape from the asylum?

or have they started allowing the use of mobile phones to inmates?

i don't worship anything....olodo
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2023
the Jews where talking about consciousness(God)
not a man sitting in the sky..

whatever the romans and Greeks or the Arabs deduced from it was entirely up to them,,
Religion / Jesus And Olumba Olumba Obu by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2023
me think that worshipping a man as god is tantamount to idolatry and should be counted as a sin...
whether he be black or white or Asian.

what do we think?

1 Like

Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2023
AntiChristian:

My own position is that God is One and only One such that he needs no son to help him in His dominion or to save any of His creations!

Deut. 6:4
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

It doesn't sound so dumb to those who believe in that nonsense.

How can "I" as a God(Yahweh), the omnipotent , incarnate as a man(Jesus), to sacrifice myself (Jesus) to myself (Yahweh) for the same man that I cursed by myself(Yahweh), so as to appease myself(Yahweh )of myself by myself (Jesus) because "I" (Yahweh) didn't have the power to forgive man until I (Yahweh )see a stream of blood coming from myself (Jesus) while hanging myself (Jesus) on the crucifix?

I don't know how that shit story doesn't give people headache, honestly.

it just gave me ...

wait make i drink panadol...
Religion / Re: Did Isiah Saw Three Gods In One On A Throne? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 10:37am On Aug 23, 2023
nice reading from Bart Erhmans blog..

The Road from the “Duo of Philo” to the “Trinity of Nicaea”

https://ehrmanblog.org/35928-2/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.