Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! (19376 Views)

10 Rules Guys Must Adhere To When Chatting With Girls On Social Networks / Reasons Why Most Ladies Love Tall Guys / Ladies And Tall Dark Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by eyonigger(m): 12:25am On Feb 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

Chei, if this thread is anything to go by, i guess i'm finished!  But Finished not in the sense that i cant get any chic at all,( i guess the only reason iv been gettin so many chics anyway is cos they all seem to think i'm cute or somethin ),  but that i cant get the type i'll really be interested in.
Thanks for adding to my misery guys.
Thanks for your candidness sistawoman, i have a feeling most women think that way too,
Wow, maybe ill jus forget about trying to get my choice and focus on other things (like cheddars). sad
I jus wish there was a way out though! cos iv made up my mind never to marry some1 i'm not completely and totally into, cos i know myself, i could get bored easily and that will spell disaster for the marriage.

My guy u have said it all, how can it be that easy to feel encouraged but rather discouraged by the posts u have read on ur thread. Anyway KINI BIG DEAL, I have a message for the shawties feeling the same way or going tru the same thing as u do. Hit the gymn, work out well, expand them muscles, HELLO!! This does not guarantee increase in height, it will only expand and shoot out ur muscles, with that if ur standing beside ur MUKE wey tall pass u, it wont seem assive one is taller than the other, try am make u come pay me money for life saving advise( Oopps sorry, Mental saving advise.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by tope2000(f): 12:28am On Feb 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

Use diplomacy always.
This is what is spoiling nigeria, why cant we say the truth? grin cheesy
The Lord said . . . . . . and the truth shall set u free. cool

Doggy-scary. grin

What is scary abt doggy? pls enlighten me grin
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sylvao2000(m): 12:32am On Feb 13, 2009
Oh boy you are even taller than l am, and l date almost 5.9 girls and right now engage with my same hight baby
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by chiogo(f): 12:44am On Feb 13, 2009
Yeah boy, you are short. I'm almost 5'7(well, 5'6) and I'm a female. tongue

I dunno what to advice you. Being short is not a problem for girls, all they need is heels. But for guys, undecided

Even some short girls don't like short men. I'm sure there are girls(whether short or tall) who do not mind dating a short guy.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 13, 2009
5'7? shocked grin

No comment
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sleekdoc: 12:48am On Feb 13, 2009
@ eyonigger

Thats exactly what iv been doing o my brother, working out like crazy now, tryin to be as sexy as possible, i want the height thing to be the only f, k up i have.
I'll swoon them with everything else, thanks for the advice jare, dont mind those girls on this thread instead of them to gimme tips i can use to win hearts of slightly taller chics, they'v been busy yappin me and arguing about doggy styles,lol
I appreciate their candidness though.

@slyvao
i will get there too, say amen. But it has to be right, i want to be able to look at her and not have any doubts whatsoever
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by eyonigger(m): 12:54am On Feb 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

@ eyonigger

Thats exactly what iv been doing o my brother, working out like crazy now, tryin to be as sexy as possible, i want the height thing to be the only f, k up i have.
I'll swoon them with everything else, thanks for the advice jare, dont mind those girls on this thread instead of them to gimme tips i can use to win hearts of slightly taller chics, they'v been busy yappin me and arguing about doggy styles,lol

@slyvao
i will get there too, say amen. But it has to be right, i want to be able to look at her and not have any doubts whatsoever

Correct my guy, u no DULL @ all, make I email u my account details pay unrequested consultation fee, although I know sey u don dey hit gmyn already.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Hesperus(m): 1:01am On Feb 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

@ eyonigger

@slyvao

Infact, I thot it was just me! Am not exactly short (5' 9''??) but I always wish I was taller.

I just joined a gym today. Wo, dis summer, those girls go hear wen for this town! My sexiness no go get part 2.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by MaiSuya(m): 1:25am On Feb 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

@ eyonigger

I'll swoon them with everything else,
 thanks for the advice jare, dont mind those girls on this thread instead of them to gimme tips i can use to win hearts of slightly taller chics, they'v been busy yappin me and arguing about doggy styles,lol

That's the sprit. Focus on your strengths and downplay the (perceived) deficiencies. As for me, though I fully aware I'm no Jim Iyke, (why you think say I no get foto for my profile - in fact the thing no even gree upload grin), my 6'3 adequately compensates for the wowo face - at least the constant stream of chykes whey dey find me is proof of that.  cool

So any time I hear statements like "gaskiya mai suya this your nose is a little on the large side . . .", I go just laff small then shift back or stand up  (flaunting my height in the process & preventing her from staring at the nose!) and b4 you can say HEIGHT the babe don mellow . . .  kiss
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by eyonigger(m): 1:28am On Feb 13, 2009
Mai Suya:

That's the sprit. Focus on your strengths and downplay the (perceived) deficiencies. As for me, though I fully aware I'm no Jim Iyke, (why you think say I no get foto for my profile - in fact the thing no even gree upload grin), my 6'3 adequately compensates for the wowo face - at least the constant stream of chykes whey dey find me is proof of that.  cool

So any time I hear statements like "gaskiya mai suya this your nose is a little on the large side . . .", I go just laff small then shift back or stand up  (flaunting my height in the process & preventing her from staring at the nose!) and b4 you can say HEIGHT the babe don mellow . . .  kiss

LMAO!!!
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by dayokanu(m): 1:37am On Feb 13, 2009
No guy is too tall but some guys can be too short.

A girl wont think twice about marrying a 7ft guy self but 5ft guy?

Its a crime nowadays for any guy to be below 5ft9
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by na2day2(m): 3:23am On Feb 13, 2009
patwhizkid:

Come & date me abeg (if u have money), i don't need tall guys, i need short guys with much money

arm robber!
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sleekdoc: 11:19am On Feb 13, 2009
dayokanu:

No guy is too tall but some guys can be too short.

A girl wont think twice about marrying a 7ft guy self but 5ft guy?

Its a crime nowadays for any guy to be below 5ft9

Guess i'm a criminal then, these girls are jus funny jare with their bullshit fairytale fantasies, hiss
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Omolola1(f): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2009
@ poster

hmmmn dat ur height na wa but there\s nothing wrong with it

Am 5ft 7 tall and am dating a guy of 5ft 8, we are the same height but kinda little taller than me.

I like that way, not someone who is so tall that i have to stress myself even to kiss him grin
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by romsky: 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2009
peace in d Hawaii way
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sistawoman: 3:49pm On Feb 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

Guess i'm a criminal then, these girls are jus funny jare with their bullshit fairytale fantasies, hiss

It is a bullshit fairytale becuase we dont want no short short man? hisssssssss

To each thier own. I am 5'7 when I put on heals I am almost 6 foot (depending which heels I am wearing), my bush when plucked all the way out adds another 2-3 inches.
Do you really think I want to be with someone who is 3-4 or even 6 inches shorter than me? NOT!!!!
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sleekdoc: 5:52pm On Feb 13, 2009
sistawoman:

To each thier own. I am 5'7 when I put on heals I am almost 6 foot (depending which heels I am wearing), my bush when plucked all the way out adds another 2-3 inches.
Do you really think I want to be with someone who is 3-4 or even 6 inches shorter than me? NOT!!!!

@ sistawoman

U seem not to fully understand my initial post,try to read it again pls. Dont get me wrong i get chics wella, its just when i try those ones that are a bit taller than me, u know with the elegant looks and full body wink (thats when i get knocked off, and even these ones i do get sometimes,jus that all they wana do is play around wit me for a lil while then dump me off never wanting to really go serious u know.
Basically i'm attracted to taller chics.
Ironically i'm indifferent towards chics my height, or those ones i'm actually taller than.
Is it too much to ask for!?
Gimme some useful advice so i can hook my prize and marry her off, stop the condescending talk cos believe me i could probably get you too if we met, ur jus 5'7 too tongue
I liked ur post where u talked about the woman not feeling safe with a shorter guy and all that, it really made sense to me. I'm looking into ways i can eliminate that thinking in my potential women, help me do that
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by fs(f): 7:10pm On Feb 13, 2009
sleekdoc, just like you're trying to get tall women, why won't they also be trying to get tall men? I mean, I don't understand. You're complaining about tall women wanting tall men? Doesn't it make sense that most tall women would want tall men since as a society, that is what we mostly see? Guys taller than their women? For the shorter women who also want tall men because they don't want their kids to be short, I'm sure there are enough shorter women out there who don't mind shorter guys.

I'll say you should just be confident, and not have a complex. My husband and I have a short guy friend who was dating our tall friend and to me the guy had a complex. I think some guys even ask their tall girlfriends not to wear heels If you're going to be like that, abeg don't date a tall woman. We have another set of friends where the girl basically looks like a model (height and everything) and the guy is good looking as well, but on the shorter side. We just started a friendship with them and I can already tell that the guy is on the confident side, no complex issues (at least on the surface). Sometimes, tall women who have dated shorter guys stop because they feel the guys start to have a complex.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sleekdoc: 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2009
fs:

sleekdoc, just like you're trying to get tall women, why won't they also be trying to get tall men? I mean, I don't understand. You're complaining about tall women wanting tall men? Doesn't it make sense that most tall women would want tall men since as a society, that is what we mostly see? Guys taller than their women? For the shorter women who also want tall men because they don't want their kids to be short, I'm sure there are enough shorter women out there who don't mind shorter guys.

I'll say you should just be confident, and not have a complex. My husband and I have a short guy friend who was dating our tall friend and to me the guy had a complex. I think some guys even ask their tall girlfriends not to wear heels If you're going to be like that, abeg don't date a tall woman. We have another set of friends where the girl basically looks like a model (height and everything) and the guy is good looking as well, but on the shorter side. We just started a friendship with them and I can already tell that the guy is on the confident side, no complex issues (at least on the surface). Sometimes, tall women who have dated shorter guys stop because they feel the guys start to have a complex.

cant i be jus a lil bit selfish?
like i said is it too much to ask that a chic who is jus slightly taller than me, wont be looking for a taller man?
i certainly do not have a complex, like i said in my fisrt post, d height thing only registers when im told by some1 im interested in,otherwise im perfectly comfortable with my height.
i know i will get what i want pretty soon
i was hopin i cld read some good reasons why women feel that way on this thread so ill know how to work on it ( my reason 4 startin d thread ), most jus talk bout dwarf kids n wat not, this doesnt hold water as far as im concerned. the only post i may be worried about is sistawoman's post about taller women not feelin safe wit a shorter guy an wat not. im workin on that.
Thanks for the tips and adivice fs, keep em comin
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by IGWEUSA(m): 8:00pm On Feb 13, 2009
Na im be say 4fters like me no go marry, lol

And my dream girl supose be above 6ft shocked
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by fs(f): 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2009
Ok sleekdoc, I'm 5'10 and my husband is 6'4. I can't tell you why I am attracted to tall guys, I just am. No he didn't have to be 6'4, 6' would have been fine. Why? I'm just more comfortable that way. It's not that I feel less safe with short guys, not at all. I would just personally be more conscious about the height difference. Basically I'll have the complex I told you in my previous post not to have. Does that make sense? I would notice it all the time and it just wouldn't look right to me. That's just me, it's obviously a flaw smiley.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sleekdoc: 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2009
fs:

Ok sleekdoc, I'm 5'10 and my husband is 6'4. I can't tell you why I am attracted to tall guys, I just am. No he didn't have to be 6'4, 6' would have been fine. Why? I'm just more comfortable that way. It's not that I feel less safe with short guys, not at all. I would just personally be more conscious about the height difference. Basically I'll have the complex I told you in my previous post not to have. Does that make sense? I would notice it all the time and it just wouldn't look right to me. That's just me, it's obviously a flaw smiley.

@ fs

I'm sure you love your husband very much to have married him, certain qualities he has, the way he makes you laugh and wat not,
Ok please answer these question;
1) would you still have married him, if he was say 5'7 and with all his other qualities that u love so much ,
2) Like u said u dont know why ur attracted to tall guys, u just are, well since you dont know why (and im guessing most women think like that too), do you think that attraction can ever change the other way i.e u being attracted to some1 not tall (assuming u werent married that is ), since u "dont know why"
3) wat kind of complex did u mean, im guessing a "superiority complex" and finally,
4) why wouldnt it "jus look right to you" there must be a reason behind that
Please try as much as possible to give explicit reasons for your answers.
Hope you dont feel harassed by my questions, lol
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by fs(f): 9:15pm On Feb 13, 2009
sleekdoc:

@ fs

I'm sure you love your husband very much to have married him, certain qualities he has, the way he makes you laugh and wat not,
Ok please answer these question;
1) would you still have married him, if he was say 5'7 and with all his other qualities that u love so much ,
2) Like u said u dont know why ur attracted to tall guys, u just are, well since you dont know why (and im guessing most women think like that too), do you think that attraction can ever change the other way i.e u being attracted to some1 not tall (assuming u werent married that is ), since u "dont know why"
3) wat kind of complex did u mean, im guessing a "superiority complex" and finally,
4) why wouldnt it "jus look right to you" there must be a reason behind that
Please try as much as possible to give explicit reasons for your answers.
Hope you dont feel harassed by my questions, lol

No, I don't feel harassed by the questions, they are good ones. My husband always says there has to be a reason for something. So here goes:

1. Would I still have married him if he was 5'7 with his same other qualities? I probably wouldn't have found out about his other qualities because I wouldn't have been interested in him to begin with. I wouldn't have dated him, hence we wouldn't have ended up married. I wouldn't have given myself the chance to get to know him better in order to love him and then marry him.

2. I hope I understand this question. Can I be attracted to shorter guys? Probably, but thinking back, all the guys I liked were tall. So I'm assuming my brain wouldn't have allowed me to be attracted to shorter guys lol. Does that make sense? I have a cute, intelligent (the dude has a PhD from MIT), Christian, good to talk to, guy friend, but he's short and I'm thinking that's the biggest reason I'm not attracted to him at all.

3. What kind of complex? I'm not even sure. Just the consciousness that he's shorter than me and feeling uncomfortable about it. For you, the complex would be trying to compensate in other ways for being short.

4. Why wouldn't it look right to me? I'm not sure. Come to think of it, I think my mum is taller than my dad, at least by an inch. Hmmm. I never really noticed. Ok, maybe the height difference is the main thing, an inch or 2 might be ok but beyond that it just looks odd to ME. I know you're asking why again? lol. It's all superficial really. How would we kiss standing? lol He's have to look up. lol I'm laughing at myself here. I'd try to think about it more, it's just something I've always preferred, like an innate trait.

Does this help?
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sleekdoc: 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2009
fs:

No, I don't feel harassed by the questions, they are good ones. My husband always says there has to be a reason for something. So here goes:

1. Would I still have married him if he was 5'7 with his same other qualities? I probably wouldn't have found out about his other qualities because I wouldn't have been interested in him to begin with. I wouldn't have dated him, hence we wouldn't have ended up married. I wouldn't have given myself the chance to get to know him better in order to love him and then marry him.

2. I hope I understand this question. Can I be attracted to shorter guys? Probably, but thinking back, all the guys I liked were tall. So I'm assuming my brain wouldn't have allowed me to be attracted to shorter guys lol. Does that make sense? I have a cute, intelligent (the dude has a PhD from MIT), Christian, good to talk to, guy friend, but he's short and I'm thinking that's the biggest reason I'm not attracted to him at all.

3. What kind of complex? I'm not even sure. Just the consciousness that he's shorter than me and feeling uncomfortable about it. For you, the complex would be trying to compensate in other ways for being short.

4. Why wouldn't it look right to me? I'm not sure. Come to think of it, I think my mum is taller than my dad, at least by an inch. Hmmm. I never really noticed. Ok, maybe the height difference is the main thing, an inch or 2 might be ok but beyond that it just looks odd to ME. I know you're asking why again? lol. It's all superficial really. How would we kiss standing? lol He's have to look up. lol I'm laughing at myself here. I'd try to think about it more, it's just something I've always preferred, like an innate trait.

Does this help?

Problem is, alota women think just like you, but not all of them thank God.
It's obvoius women attach alota importance to height,thats ok. I'm not tall,and i'm pretty sure iv stopped growing so no point even thinking about it, and there's nothin wrong in compensating for it in other ways,its not a complex cos i dont wish i was taller or somethin, i wld jus luv a taller chic to accept me for who i am thats all. We all compensate for different things one way or another u know, cos no one is perfect.
I'll make do with what i have for now, enjoy the vals weekend together, try to avoid the marriage talk as much as i can, and focus on my career squarely.
She'll come my way soon enough wink
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by fs(f): 11:37pm On Feb 13, 2009
She'll definitely come your way soon, that's the spirit! I know tall girls that have dated and married shorter guys. They are out there, its not impossible.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by amosexy: 11:55pm On Feb 13, 2009
@poster

Short guys has tiny d**k and 99.99999% women want 'em BIG, so u see the problem with short guys.I am 5'7 myself and i dont like short guys too but they wont stop coming to me. Plz short guys stop coming to meeeeeeeee cry
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by steve49ja(m): 1:33am On Feb 14, 2009
Yo P, you didnt create yourself so you shouldnt see this as a biggy, but seriously you prefer stretching to kiss ya girl? i mean you prefer tall babes??one man's meat. . .
Im not into tall girl
All my girllys are shorter than me, i hardly find babes taller than me and im just 5'8
So you see, Its not bout your height really
As there are babes who aint attracted to you cos of ya money so are there babes that'll be attracted to you irrespective of ya height,
I have a married friend, mind you i am taller than him and his wife is taller than me
So olboy when you get ya chance to UnCloth them do ya thing uniquely and i bet they'll forget ya being 5'7 na you sef go remind am make she try reach her house even if se na 1 day
Where there'll be prob is if you were a dwarf

Bow wow and Ciara dem be same height?
JD and Janet Jackson nko?
So what are you telling me?
Havent you heard most tall guys no de get sense?
Have you noticed our rich ibo men and their women?
Have you noticed our rich IBB and his mariam?

Je aye e sogbo? nuffyn do you, you are the best around!!
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by na2day2(m): 4:49am On Feb 14, 2009
sistawoman:

ovularia, are u saying ur heels are only 4inches long? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, i use to think that they were at least 2feet long grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by pauloman(m): 6:45am On Feb 14, 2009
Guy 2get ur game tite weda wit short r tall gurls u jus nid 2 exude alot of confidence weda u r short/tal.dats d secret!
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by cvibe: 11:51am On Feb 14, 2009
@ Poster,

You shouldn't look upon your deficiency as a barrier to getting laid. If Danny Devito can get laid, you sure can.

Maybe you're just not giving the ladies you meet that extra pizzaz. If a lady you meet tells you "if only you were taller", i'm guessing you might have displayed some wussy side of you to her.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sleekdoc: 12:30pm On Feb 14, 2009
cvibe:

@ Poster,

You shouldn't look upon your deficiency as a barrier to getting laid. If Danny Devito can get laid, you sure can.

Maybe you're just not giving the ladies you meet that extra pizzaz. If a lady you meet tells you "if only you were taller", i'm guessing you might have displayed some wussy side of you to her.

wow, how many times do i have to repeat this, its not a problem of not getting a girl, it's getting a taller girl to get serious with me , darn i hope i never have to repeat it again angry

amosexy:

@poster

Short guys has tiny d**k and 99.99999% women want 'em BIG, so u see the problem with short guys.I am 5'7 myself and i dont like short guys too but they wont stop coming to me. Plz short guys stop coming to meeeeeeeee cry

Sorry sweetie, mine certainly isnt tiny i can assure you, no complaints in that dept at all. wink
steve49ja:

Yo P, you didnt create yourself so you shouldnt see this as a biggy, but seriously you prefer stretching to kiss ya girl? i mean you prefer tall babes??one man's meat. . .
Im not into tall girl
All my girllys are shorter than me, i hardly find babes taller than me and im just 5'8
So you see, Its not bout your height really
As there are babes who aint attracted to you cos of ya money so are there babes that'll be attracted to you irrespective of ya height,
I have a married friend, mind you i am taller than him and his wife is taller than me
So olboy when you get ya chance to UnCloth them do ya thing uniquely and i bet they'll forget ya being 5'7 na you sef go remind am make she try reach her house even if se na 1 day
Where there'll be prob is if you were a dwarf

Bow wow and Ciara dem be same height?
JD and Janet Jackson nko?
So what are you telling me?
Havent you heard most tall guys no de get sense?
Have you noticed our rich ibo men and their women?
Have you noticed our rich IBB and his mariam?

Je aye e sogbo? nuffyn do you, you are the best around!!

lol, best post so far, i like tall, sexy and classy with killer brains to match, i can give my life easily for such a woman (only if i know she luvs me too o, i no be mugu! )

fs:

She'll definitely come your way soon, that's the spirit! I know tall girls that have dated and married shorter guys. They are out there, its not impossible.

Yea im sure bout it,its only a matter of time
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by na2day2(m): 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2009
amosexy:

@poster

u seem to be one of those girls who will later be so desperate they will go for a midget bcuz their biological clock is about to strike midnight lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Memes That Will Make Your Day / Romantic Way to say "I Love You" to a Lady? / I Can't Resist My Fiancée's Friends. I Lust After Them. Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.