Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! (19378 Views)

10 Rules Guys Must Adhere To When Chatting With Girls On Social Networks / Reasons Why Most Ladies Love Tall Guys / Ladies And Tall Dark Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Orimili(m): 6:01am On May 09, 2009
biina:

Obviously, you don't wear contacts.  grin
The mix up is not because of your bad eye sight, but rather due to simple human error when putting it on or taking it out (anyone going through the twice a day routine would appreciate). Bad eyesight does not equate to color blindness. Depending on your eye defect, mixing it up could have dire consequences.

No, I don't wear contacts, but my sister does, and I'm close to many people who do wear them. Even with the 'color coded lenses' you speak of, people are at the same risk of mixing lenses. At the same time it takes to distinguish one color from another, one can easily identify the right clear lens to put on. The consequences of putting on the wrong contacts is not that dire. My sister mismatches lenses every once in a while. I've never heard her say, "Oh my God, I've mismatched again, I'm going to need colors." She simply takes them off and puts them on again in the right place. No 'simple human error' warrants the need for color lenses.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by biina: 6:59am On May 09, 2009
Orimili:

No, I don't wear contacts, but my sister does, and I'm close to many people who do wear them. Even with the 'color coded lenses' you speak of, people are at the same risk of mixing lenses. At the same time it takes to distinguish one color from another, one can easily identify the right clear lens to put on. The consequences of putting on the wrong contacts is not that dire. My sister mismatches lenses every once in a while. I've never heard her say, "Oh my God, I've mismatched again, I'm going to need colors." She simply takes them off and puts them on again in the right place. No 'simple human error' warrants the need for color lenses.
So you can tell the difference in prescription of contacts by merely looking at them?   undecided  I wonder if you are willing to put your money where your mouth is, as I doubt that it is even humanly possible

Unless one is color blind, you are less at risk of mixing the lenses if they are of different colors: gReen tint for the Right eye lens, and a bLue tint for the Left lens (the capitalized letters are for association).

I am short sighted and astigmatic. I wear Acuvue advance for astigmatism (which are clear), and because the angles on my eyes are almost orthogonal, it is very dangerous for me to drive  with the lenses mixed up (as the lines on the road are not really where they seem to be grin). Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to detect within the confines of my house that I have them mixed up (as the distances involved within my house are not so great) and often discover when  I am on the road and I cant read a road sign probably, somebody is blaring their horn at me for straying into their lane, or not stopping early enough at a traffic light. I always have to get to my destination to correct the mistake. To help, I have had to hang a Snellen chart in my living room for a quick test every morning.

Initially, I had hard contact lenses, tinted as described above and back then, things were much easier, as I never got them mixed up, and didn't require a daily eye test. I was forced to change to soft lenses as the hard lenses couldn't fit the curvature of my eyes.

You shouldn't use your limited second hand information to make sweeping statements about issues as diverse as eye defects and user experiences.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Orimili(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2009
biina:

So you can tell the difference in prescription of contacts by merely looking at them?   undecided  I wonder if you are willing to put your money where your mouth is, as I doubt that it is even humanly possible

Unless one is color blind, you are less at risk of mixing the lenses if they are of different colors: gReen tint for the Right eye lens, and a bLue tint for the Left lens (the capitalized letters are for association).

I am short sighted and astigmatic. I wear Acuvue advance for astigmatism (which are clear), and because the angles on my eyes are almost orthogonal, it is very dangerous for me to drive  with the lenses mixed up (as the lines on the road are not really where they seem to be grin). Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to detect within the confines of my house that I have them mixed up (as the distances involved within my house are not so great) and often discover when  I am on the road and I cant read a road sign probably, somebody is blaring their horn at me for straying into their lane, or not stopping early enough at a traffic light. I always have to get to my destination to correct the mistake. To help, I have had to hang a Snellen chart in my living room for a quick test every morning.

Initially, I had hard contact lenses, tinted as described above and back then, things were much easier, as I never got them mixed up, and didn't require a daily eye test. I was forced to change to soft lenses as the hard lenses couldn't fit the curvature of my eyes.

You shouldn't use your limited second hand information to make sweeping statements about issues as diverse as eye defects and user experiences.

And yet, you're making a sweeping statement based on only your own experience.  A lot of people, including my sister (who is also nearsighted), have different lenses. Usually, what they would do is place each contact in a separate container and label them accordingly, much easier than tints, and there's usually no mix-up. Going outside to drive with mismatched lenses speaks more of carelessness, rather than issues with lenses themselves, as you could have just as easily found out, by going outside, that your lenses were mismatched before going into the car.

Besides, I think you miss the point of what I have to say about color contacts, because I never spoke of visibility tints to begin with, which doesn't affect the person's eye color. I'm talking about dark, opaque contacts that only serve the purpose of making your eyes seem a different color.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by biina: 10:13am On May 09, 2009
Orimili:

And yet, you're making a sweeping statement based on only your own experience.  A lot of people, including my sister (who is also nearsighted), have different lenses. Usually, what they would do is place each contact in a separate container and label them accordingly, much easier than tints, and there's usually no mix-up. Going outside to drive with mismatched lenses speaks more of carelessness, rather than issues with lenses themselves, as you could have just as easily found out, by going outside, that your lenses were mismatched before going into the car.

Besides, I think you miss the point of what I have to say about color contacts, because I never spoke of visibility tints to begin with, which doesn't affect the person's eye color. I'm talking about dark, opaque contacts that only serve the purpose of making your eyes seem a different color.
Please, which is the sweeping statement that was based solely on my experience? All I gave was a scenario under which colored contacts would be desirable. I never said that it was the only reason people wore colored contacts. In fact, the scenario I stated wouldn't apply to someone who wore the same color lenses.

You, on the other hand, swept it away as not being valid, stating "This entire statement reads more as an excuse to justify such items, rather than a sensible reason". Subsequent posts were just to correct your erroneous position.

You already admitted that your sister also mixes up her lenses (even if only occasionally), and thus your argument for the easier but unreliable 'labeled lens case' is flawed. I prefer the safer method to your assumed easier one.

Not all of us are disciplined and/or methodical enough, to always take out (or put in) the same contact lenses first, or always have the presence of mind to put them in the right compartment, or are rich enough to discard contacts once they get mixed up. You may find me guilty of carelessness in your own view, but I also reserve the right to take needed precautions against my flaws. I do not waste my time testing my eyesight using landscape views that I have seen before (fixed scenery are unreliable for periodic testing for astigmatism) neither do I have interest in running outside in my bathrobe just to confirm that I have my lenses on right. Given a choice between colored lenses and daily eye testing, I would always take the former.

You have your issues with colored lenses, which is your prerogative, but I would rather have you abstain from generalizing that everyone that wears colored contacts does so expressly for aesthetic purposes.

BTW not all colored contact lens wearers are female
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Orimili(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2009
biina:

Please, which is the sweeping statement that was based solely on my experience? All I gave was a scenario under which colored contacts would be desirable. I never said.­.­.

I'm not generalizing at all. There is no other reason for men or women to wear colored contacts(which change or enhance eye color) but for aesthetic purposes. I wasn't focusing on the visibility tints that you speak of, in which the purpose is not to change your eye color, as my last post stated; you brought the issue up, and I will close that issue by adding that everything you are saying right now is validating such views on carelessness, (Not all of us are disciplined enough or Methodical.­.­.) as you are making yet more excuses for yourself. This thread will now continue about tall girls and short guys.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by obxddon(m): 1:29pm On May 09, 2009
Well You Guys have left the original topic and switched to something else here, What will now happen to Guys who are short
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Orimili(m): 1:49pm On May 09, 2009
This thread is still about guys who are short, sorry about the misunderstanding, haha. I've already told the guy what he needs to do.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by honeric01(m): 3:09pm On May 09, 2009
does the original poster still want to know how to get taller?
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by sleekdoc: 7:55pm On May 09, 2009
I honestly dont think the poster is lookin for a way to get taller, he was jus tryin to find out somethin with this thread, which he already has. wink
You people arguing about contacts, i hope it wont turn to fight sha
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by honeric01(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2009
he has obviously been told what to do, so i think this thread should be deleted

moderators, are you watching?
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Kunbee: 11:31pm On May 11, 2009
I think u dwell too much on it pray 4 great genes 4 d kids have an uncle and aunt tall but short i mean short and thick kids so whatever
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by spoilt(f): 4:11am On May 12, 2009
much ado about contact lenses grin
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by NegroNtns(m): 4:40am On May 12, 2009
How would women feel if tall men start demanding that they want their women to be tall? A lot of women will be disqualified if a 6'0" guy says he wants a 5'10" woman. Height should not matter!
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Sissy3(f): 4:46am On May 12, 2009
dnt have a problem w/height however, i have to admit i just like the presence that tall fyn guys bring into a room esp those in uniform or business attire and those dressing fly tongue cool
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Orimili(m): 4:54am On May 12, 2009
Myself, I say that I would like a tall woman because I find height extremely attractive. Apparently, most short guys do also. I've seen many short guys with tall women, and it is due to the way that they carry themselves and their personality. From what I have seen, money does not do much to attract women, and if it does, it won't last.
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by na2day2(m): 4:59am On May 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

dnt have a problem w/height however, i have to admit i just like the presence that tall fyn guys bring into a room esp those in uniform or business attire and those dressing fly tongue cool

so u will fall head over heels for Yao
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Sissy3(f): 5:11am On May 12, 2009
na2day?:

so u will fall head over heels for Yao

hell to da no angry angry

i said fyn guys in uniform e.g navy, marine, solider etc. dat kinda uniform not some ugly sport jersey unf. and those in business attire and those dressing fly. does Yao met all these requirement tongue
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by NegroNtns(m): 5:15am On May 12, 2009
dnt have a problem w/height however, i have to admit i just like the presence that tall fyn guys bring into a room esp those in uniform or business attire and those dressing fly

lmao, Sissy, I heard Shaq will be in chi-town this weekend.  How 'bout that?  Tall and clumsy!

Height is good to the extent that the person has a balance and proportion, the stretch of the limbs and the symmetry is soft on the eyes, otherwise they begin to look like biggie smalls!  lol
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by na2day2(m): 5:17am On May 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

hell to da no angry angry

i said fyn guys in uniform e.g navy, marine, solider etc. dat kinda uniform not some ugly sport jersey unf. and those in business attire and those dressing fly. does Yao meant all these requirement tongue

yup, and exceeds the height requirement too tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Sissy3(f): 5:39am On May 12, 2009
na2day?:

yup, and exceeds the height requirement too tongue tongue tongue

not the Yao i knw, maybe u meant a fyn young blood w/ dat name tongue
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Sissy3(f): 5:42am On May 12, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

lmao, Sissy, I heard Shaq will be in chi-town this weekend.  How 'bout that?  Tall and clumsy!

Height is good to the extent that the person has a balance and proportion,  the stretch of the limbs and the symmetry is soft on the eyes, otherwise they begin to look like biggie smalls!  lol

shaq n yao r extremely example i didn't mean giraffes tongue

and b.t.w i said they need to be fyn too which shaq isnt tongue
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by na2day2(m): 6:14am On May 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

not the Yao i knw, maybe u meant a fyn young blood w/ dat name tongue

nah, its the same ol nba yao
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by Sissy3(f): 6:27am On May 12, 2009
na2day?:

nah, its the same ol nba yao

nope . . . . def. nt wot i meant by tall men embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by surface(f): 7:40am On May 12, 2009
Tall people are good in basketball,they have big d**k
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by honeric01(m): 10:28am On May 12, 2009
Surface, so you like tall guys because you think they have big manliness?? not all tall guys have big or long manliness,
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by surface(f): 10:32am On May 12, 2009
Can u prove it to me? undecided
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by honeric01(m): 11:08am On May 12, 2009
prove what to you

i am tall and i have tall friends too, we are never the same, and i see some smaller and some bigger, what other proof do you want?

Mine? undecided
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by surface(f): 11:12am On May 12, 2009
i will be glad if u can post it on ur profile lipsrsealed
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by honeric01(m): 11:17am On May 12, 2009
Yeye girl lol grin

show me how busty you are, and i will show you mine lol, grin

Or maybe in Person cheesy
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by surface(f): 11:22am On May 12, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by honeric01(m): 11:44am On May 12, 2009
Nothing there except a headless body with ass showing jean
Re: What Is It With Girls And Tall Guys Anyway! by surface(f): 11:47am On May 12, 2009
grin cheesy funny boy,my boobs are too expensive 2 show just like dat grin

maybe if u can send me ur pocket money,i might show u one of my tits grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Romantic Way to say "I Love You" to a Lady? / Memes That Will Make Your Day / I Can't Resist My Fiancée's Friends. I Lust After Them. Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.