Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Jenifa the. blockbuster - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jenifa the. blockbuster (17035 Views)

Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary Showing On Air On Stv. How Is It? / Alakada Or Jenifa? / Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Moyola(f): 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2009
Right enough!! angry

That 'Jenifa' is jokes! grin . . . not all that yeah buh @ least we got the moral of d muvie. smiley

If yu lyk it fyn. . . . wink

To yall hu dont. . .oh well! yu stop criticing n @ least show some appreciashun or yu go n beh so'do! undecided tongue
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 21, 2009
I just don't know what to say but I think some people really need to up their standards in movies.

The movie wasn't just overrated it was overhyped and it lacked any sense whatsoever.

I'll give it -10/10 , it is worse than zilch.

Am not a great fan of nollywood but I can still tolerate baba suwe and latin even osuofia ( hugo pam pam )
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Omolola1(f): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2009
To be honest, Funke Akindele a.k.a sulia kan tried in that movie, infact, she deserves an award for it BUT! BASED ON HER ACTING ALONE!

If you examine the movie seriously, the MOVIE IS CRAP! THE STORY LINE IS RUBBISH!
From the beginning, it was okay but as the movie progressed it was glaring that the story is CRAP!

Though, the message the movie is passing out is glaring but the only thing is that the story line is not that good.
I dont like the way the movie was ended, it was not good at all  undecided

But then KUDOS to Funke Akindele aka sulia kan, ayetoro kan turned JEnnifa 1, she really tried in that movie, her acting was SUPERB! and she is very funny!

I would give the movie 5/10.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by asha80(m): 7:22pm On Feb 21, 2009
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Chei na whao.So this is the blockbuster.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by talk2keke: 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2009
I just wonder why some people can never appreciate good effort of nollywood.Jenifa is a blockburster 4 eva.if u like it or not,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by chamotex(m): 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2009
I wouldn't say it was a "BLOCKBUSTER".
The movie was okay
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by kingron: 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2009
whatever una say,if u like criticize the movie 4rm morning to night,it has made its name.even those who re no fans of yoruba films(like me) got the film and watched it.this film is really flowing nd making waves in my higher institution.sulia kan ayetoro kan
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by spikedcylinder: 11:04pm On Feb 21, 2009
the film is not meant to be taken seriously, in my opinion it is just a feel good, laugh out loud movie filled with one-liner. simple.
No point lookin for deep meaning and comparing it too "tunde kelani & co " films

Exactly!!!!
I saw this movie way before is became a "hype" and it was by accident. I didn't take it seriously hence why I came to find it chuckle worthy.
Its quite unfair to compare it to Tunde Kelani's work, kindda like asking if Nasco and Kellogs are in the same league. embarassed
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by area(m): 12:22am On Feb 22, 2009
Ppl when over 70 % of university students likes a movie in Nigeria what will you call that? do you expect them to put in the technical of matrix into a Jenifer come on be real the girl has done a very good job, when last did you hear ppl hala about a film like that in Naija, go to campuses ppl are trying to mimic the way she spoke and try to say things she said, that film tot the regular today Naija lesson (aristo) you might not agree but its the truth , FUNKE AKINDELE YOU ARE A DARLING, joooooo
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by osasp(m): 2:19am On Feb 22, 2009
its a funni movie
pretty predictable as it says at the end(or d beginning, cant remember)
nice storyline but not d best, nd in my opinion, doesnt deserve all the hype it's gotten
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by benlay(m): 7:54am On Feb 22, 2009
that's it, it's a comedy but with a storyline, we should not look at things with a critical view all the time u know.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Okemera: 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2009
I haven't watched it yet is it that good to try to find it??
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by darkroll(m): 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2009
The worst movie i ever saw  and i still do not know what category of movie i should class it into , it has no comedy base story-line cause the only thing funny there was the stupidness of the  actress (Suliyat) and it seems to me most viewers mistake stupid act or accent to be comedy (not all that makes u laugh is comedy at times stupid act makes u laugh because you laughing at the stupidness of the actress/actor)

Am very sure the Part 2 of the movie  got no script cause every scene was prolonged and unnecessary scenes were included , replay the part 1 of the movie and look at the scene where she was buying bend down select clothes , if buying clothes either from bend down select or boutique i expect the clothes should be put in a bag (blockbusters are movies you dont see silly mistakes ) . I will let you guys look over the movie once again and ignore the accent or what ever english she is saying and look at the real act of the movie and you will see lot of errors , try and figure out the story line of the movie and am sure you wont be able to figure it out (nowadays movies are meant to stand out and bring in new story lines and not the same ones we used to seeing , have seen lot of movies of village girls coming to lagos and turning to LovePeddler and end up having HIV , all what she did was put in the rubbish accent and english  and make the same of  story lines we have seen before )

if this is what is called BLOCKBUSTER in nigeria then it seems you guys still got a long long long long way to go,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by mayordee(m): 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2009
Everybody is entitle to his /her own opinion, for me, i like Jenifa and i dont care what the critics are saying, make una dey nairaland dey criticise while the babe is smiling to her bank
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by dnex(m): 8:04pm On Feb 22, 2009
Please everyone has been talking about this move but I don't know if I should get it. I hate rubbish. And since I work in Multimedia production, I know rubbish when I see it. You guys better not make me buy this movie and realize it's crap.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by debosky(m): 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2009
dnex:

Please everyone has been talking about this move but I don't know if I should get it. I hate rubbish. And since I work in Multimedia production, I know rubbish when I see it. You guys better not make me buy this movie and realize it's crap.
Oh shut up already! Mr Multimedia I-too-know.

Who is forcing you to buy the movie? If you don't like it, you can stick the video up your multimedia behind, who cares? *rolls eyes*
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2009
Some people just like to feel Behind sha!!! like say dem never mess before.
If na white man do am, dem go talk say na good movie

JENIFA was the bomb!!! take it or leave it!! and please there was a storyline, I hate to hear there was no storyline, abeg make una go sleep jo, bad belle
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Enigma(m): 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2009
dnex:

If you know true quality, then the Jenifa movie is crap. That of course does not mean that many people will not find it enjoyable --- as is evident by its numerous supporters. Also it does not mean not appreciating the hard work put in by the actors/resses, producers etc. It's just that despite all that, there are just too many flaws and the jokes can be seen (predicted) by the knowledgeable from one mile. Even the "ouch/oush/yee" joke is more than ten years old!!!
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by spikedcylinder: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2009
aysometin:

Some people just like to feel Behind sha!!! like say dem never mess before.
If na white man do am, dem go talk say na good movie

JENIFA was the bomb!!! take it or leave it!! and please there was a storyline, I hate to hear there was no storyline, abeg make una go sleep jo, bad belle

I am Behind sha. Bite me? tongue
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by segun44: 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2009
yea i watched d movie yesterday, well it is a very nice one.it also has its flaws.gbogbo bigs girlz.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by KarmaMod(f): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2009
Just because I hold a different opinion on Jenifa, you resorted to name calling. Some people sha

Go and sit down jo. if that's "name calling" to you, I dont wanna know what you'd say, if I was actually annoyed with you.

Party Pooper grin
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by cra007: 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2009
well i feel the movie,it is quite selling,infact it is like they used jazz to sell the movie,imagine my pastor using the film as example to what he was explaining, nice work on jenifa.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by C2H5OH(f): 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2009
Jenifa the hype. I couldn't even bear to watch half of it.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2009
thank God there are people who think the way i do. don't think there's anything spectacular about d jenifa movie and i think most of the scenes were overdone. the only thing that took me by surprise was d way it ended wasn't expecting things to turn out that that way but aside thati think  twas one of the regular cheap raz yoruba movies. sulia kan indeed. i don't even want to thinkabout it yuck cry
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by C2H5OH(f): 10:53pm On Feb 22, 2009
Absolutely. It's in the same league as those aki and pawpaw movies. Overcooked comedy.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by A40(m): 11:03pm On Feb 22, 2009
Blockbuster?? I have not seen the film sha but i think its rather overrated
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by DExplorer1: 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2009
Gosh! What d hell are these haters up to. With ur level of movie assessment, wht do u all knw abt production talkless of havin a feelin of d biz. It's well said dat if dis movie happens to b 4rm d white's land, una go lick am since their mistake is a fashion 2us. D movie is gud & no matter ur personal movie qualification, u can go ahead & withdraw her cold hard cash 4rm her account or alternatively, BURN D OCEANS, movie guru's

Amazing Reads! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Sings of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by C2H5OH(f): 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2009
Whatever nigga. We're haters because we think a particular movie is on hype? Get outta here.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Moyola(f): 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2009
Havent you guyz stressed this movie thingy enough?!!

Yall should give it a rest! cool
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by DExplorer1: 1:00am On Feb 23, 2009
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by darkroll(m): 4:31am On Feb 23, 2009
It seems some guys here does not understand what the word STORY LINE means in a movie , story line is something u can walk along with and relate with when u watching a movie , it is something that makes u glue to your chair to know what will happen next . Story line must contain suspense which jenifa does not . I can tell what the end of Jenifer would be just by seeing the first chapter of the movie , there were lots of repetitions of words in the movie .

All movies got some mistakes in them (even TITANICS does ) but not obvious ones , Jenifa can never pass thru the panel of film critics like oscars , academy awards e.t.c (for christ sake dont we wanna grow in the movie industry and for once do international standard movie that can earn us good recognition instead of this stupid suliyaty thingy .

Have u guys seen slumdog millionaire that came out from the slum of bollywood ,simple and well adapted storyline . Movies i can refer to as blockbusters to nigerian standards are :

Ti Oluwa ni onile

Thunderbolt

Oleku

I wish i get in touch with these movie producers and i will personally send those movies to oscar panels .
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by AfroCynic: 6:28am On Feb 23, 2009
I think it is a gross overstatement to say it the worst film ever but I am not its biggest fan either. I think Ms. Akindele missed a trick here, the movie should have ended within the first hour and halfand she should try to work with a solid script.

The premise of the movie was great, small town girl goes to a foreign place, is way out o f her depth and tries to be something she is not ( I could identify with that character because I have seen so many Nigerians behave that way). Then the film descends into chaos, the whole leaking anus, HIV, blah, was just not necessary. I did have some real laugh out loud moments, so it was not all bad.

Oh, I also hate that she placed all the blame for the rampant promiscuity squarely on the females, I think that was a little myopic of her.

With all that said, I think she is a real talent in Nollywood, with the proper investment and scriptwriters, she can be great.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? / BBNaija: Frodd Wins Head Of House / Genevieve Nnaji 'Lionheart' Toronto Premiere Tickets Sold Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.