Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

African Woman And Feminism. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / African Woman And Feminism. (8486 Views)

South African Woman Catches Her Man Driving A Side Chick & Climbs On His Car / What The Fight For Gender Equality And Feminism Would Later Result To / Photos:south African Woman With Big Hips Says Men Only Want To Sleep With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by ronald4lif(m): 4:42pm On May 31, 2015
Mrschima you no dey taya. Give the feminism crap a rest. grin

I saw your earlier mention about the African woman being oppressed and physically abused by the men. This is true and violence against the woman or even kids should be condemned by every sane human. There should be stricter laws in place that serves as retribution to those who abused women, be it physically or sexually. The movement to eradicate violence against women has nothing to do with feminism. Learned and altruistic men themselves are denouncing and criticising it.

While I don't find it repulsive for the Nigerian woman to seek for gender equality, I find it hypocritical for these same women to expect a man to give them special treatments and privileges when they want equality. You go on a date with a girl, she would expect you to pick up her own bills. An average European woman would find it insulting and embarrassing for a man to pay for her meal on a date.

During festive period she expect the man to get her special gifts why the man get nothing in return or if he's fortunate enough he get a #250 pair of boxers. On the home front she expect the man to pay the rents, buy groceries and pay for kids tuition fees yet claim for equality?. Those who come to equity must do so with clean hands. The Nigerian feminism crusaders must take up equal financial responsibility in a relationship or marriage if they want to be taken serious. Pronto!

1 Like

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 4:44pm On May 31, 2015
shockwave91:

"i can't say the same for men" undecided Really
Ok now u've taken dis to a whole new direction. Ughh......c'mon

Come on what? How many men you know that is working and taking care of home? grin

I will wait!
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 4:45pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

Wat?, afraid dey catch u grin
Lolz...afraid is catching me o cheesy
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by bknight: 4:46pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:

I speak for Africa and not for the western countries.

Funny enough, I'm not a feminist but I want an Africa where women are treated right.
Even here on NL, the prejudice is just too much

Okay. I earlier mentioned a concept called 'Womanism', a slight deviation and afro-centric feminism considering the black reality at home and diaspora.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by faith551(m): 4:52pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:
Lolz...afraid is catching me o cheesy
Hahahahahaha. U too much jare
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 4:54pm On May 31, 2015
bknight:

Okay. I earlier mentioned a concept called 'Womanism', a slight deviation and afro-centric feminism considering the black reality at home and diaspora.
What exactly is their goal?
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 4:55pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

Hahahahahaha. U too much jare
Abi! kiss kiss kiss
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by ronald4lif(m): 5:01pm On May 31, 2015
francizy:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The love is there but you fail to see it brother. The love was born with the coming of the savior! smiley

It had better be so. I find it disturbing when people keep reminding others about the wrath of God. While growing up I could remember disobeying my parents and although they often flog me they never threatened me with some wrath. The wrath of God mantra doesn't portray Christianity in good light as God is not supposed to unleash striking thunder to someone, his children for that matter, just because they wronged him. He should rather welcome and embrace wrongdoers rather than the Bible quotes that constantly reminds and threaten us of is wrath should we sin against him.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 5:04pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

I saw your earlier mention about the African woman being oppressed and physically abused by the men. This is true and violence against the woman or even kids should be condemned by every sane human. There should be stricter laws in place that serves as retribution to those who abused women, be it physically or sexually. The movement to eradicate violence against women has nothing to do with feminism. Learned and altruistic men themselves are denouncing and criticising it.

While I don't find it repulsive for the Nigerian woman to seek for gender equality, I find it hypocritical for these same women to expect a man to give them special treatments and privileges when they want equality. You go on a date with a girl, she would expect you to pick up her own bills. An average European woman would find it insulting and embarrassing for a man to pay for her meal on a date.

During festive period she expect the man to get her special gifts why the man get nothing in return or if he's fortunate enough he get a #250 pair of boxers. On the home front she expect the man to pay the rents, buy groceries and pay for kids tuition fees yet claim for equality?. Those who come to equity must do so with clean hands. The Nigerian feminism crusaders must take up equal financial responsibility in a relationship or marriage if they want to be taken seriously. Pronto!

This is the prime reason why I refuse to give Feminism a rest because according to you women are expecting men to shower with gifts and take care of them which is something Feminism are AGAINST!

Feminism encourage women to fend for themselves and contribute! We want women to be able to shower their man the same way a man will shower a woman! If a woman is unable to fend for herself and can't get jobs because society feels she needs to be at home then what do you expect?

If Feminism isn't necessary even in 2015 why is the hell do we have Africans still saying leave your father's home into your husband's home! Why do we have African men shouting because he has paid bride price that his wife is his property? Why do we have African men shouting a woman is damaged if she isn't married by 30! Why do we have African men toasting broke African girls then cry tears because she hasn't bought him any gifts to show her "love". grin

What's the fvck? She is broke!!!

That's like slapping a baby for crawling because she/he saw a toy!

You are right Feminism has nothing to do with violence toward women...no one said that. Domestic violence is real and it is primarily but not limited to oppress women. That's fact!
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by francizy(m): 5:04pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

It had better be so. I find it disturbing when people keep reminding others about the wrath of God. While growing up I could remember disobeying my parents and although they often flog me they never threatened me with some wrath. The wrath of God mantra doesn't portray Christianity in good light as God is not supposed to unleash striking thunder to someone, his children for that matter, just because they wronged him. He should rather welcome and embrace wrongdoers rather the Bible quotes that constantly reminds and threaten us of is wrath should we sin against him.

The wrath went with the Old Testerment. The New Testerment ushered in a new dawn. That filled with the love of Christ, the forgiveness of sin and the salvation of the soul. smiley

I suppose be pastor oh! grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by bknight: 5:05pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

During festive period she expect the man to get her special gifts why the man get nothing in return or if he's fortunate enough he get a #250 pair of boxers. On the home front she expect the man to pay the rents, buy groceries and pay for kids tuition fees yet claim for equality?. Those who come to equity must do so with clean hands. The Nigerian feminism crusaders must take up equal financial responsibility in a relationship or marriage if they want to be taken seriously. Pronto!

The crux here is that the african agitators do not factor in the difference in 'way of life' between the originators of the concept and they who are buying it hook, line and sinker. Just like religions were sold to us.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 5:10pm On May 31, 2015
blublahd:

I have a question though, at the end of the day God says men are superior to women and were created for the purpose to comfort man? Will you then accept your fate?

First of all..God will not create human beings to serve each other but HIM.

It is also a contradiction to one of his 10 commandments....THOU SHALL NOT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BUT ME!

Why would a brilliant God contradict himself? He did however created women from the rib of man to be his ) wife (help meet).

Why would a man cleaved into his wife as one but feels he is better than her because he appointed as the head?
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by francizy(m): 5:13pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

It is also a contradiction to one of his 10 commandments....THOU SHALL NOT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BUT ME!

Why would a brilliant God contradict himself? He did however created women from the rib of man to be his ) wife(help meet .

tongue

You and Ronald no dey ever gree.. If this is how love is played, then it's mosdef interesting.. cheesy

Na wa sha oh! grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by bknight: 5:15pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:

What exactly is their goal?

Since I'm a guy, I'm uncertain how to communicate the theology, origin, ideologies and goals in a sisterly way grin
You can use en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Womanism or indulge yourself with google for a wider read.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 5:18pm On May 31, 2015
francizy:

tongue

You and Ronald no dey ever gree.. If this is how love is played, then it's mosdef interesting.. cheesy

Na wa sha oh! grin

Ronald is my babe. We are having pre-intimacy! We haven't got to the main entree yet! tongue
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 31, 2015
Mtcheeew

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 5:21pm On May 31, 2015
Kasiem2:
it all depends on what u see as isolation madam. Do u think that the man enjoy it as being the only one suffering just to see that one woman relaxing and doing gossip somewhere is made happy? Do u enjoy suffering? All the woman does is to know the latest ware in the market while the man who toils day and night hardly knows the day he bought his last boxers, yet u don't wanna give men some credit? Please, like I posited in the original post, the stage is always open for women to aspire for any height. Have u ever seen a great woman being denigrated here in our Africa?

What is it you want sir? I would like to take notes to the Feminism Association and address with the ladies/menyour grievances.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

never hinted anything about serving

Why would a brilliant God contradict himself? He did however created women from the rib of man to be his ) wife (help meet).
no one said a man should play god to women. So why dont women preach a mantra of being a better help mate to men than equality(which should rather be based on individuality than gender), in some case supremacy?

Why would a man cleaved into his wife as one but feels he is better than her because he appointed as the head?
because he is appointed as head.
Also you did not answer me Q. A yes or no will suffice

1 Like

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 5:35pm On May 31, 2015
blublahd:

never hinted anything about serving

no one said a man should play god to women. So why dont women preach a mantra of being a better help mate to men than equality(which should rather be based on individuality than gender), in some case supremacy?

because he is appointed as head.
Also you did not answer me Q. A yes or no will suffice

I don't need to answer what God will never ask. Didn't you just ask me question about women being created for men? Isn't that a service?
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by francizy(m): 5:39pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Ronald is my babe. We are having pre-intimacy! We haven't got to the main entree yet! tongue

Play safe oh!

Cuz he may soon dump your àrse for ukwu onye osha, Ronald ain't loyal! tongue
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

I don't need to answer what God will never ask. Didn't you just ask me question about women being created for men? Isn't that a service?

they were indeed created for men, you also attest to that fact, and we also both agreed for help mate not service.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 5:40pm On May 31, 2015
bknight:

Since I'm a guy, I'm uncertain how to communicate the theology, origin, ideologies and goals in a sisterly way grin
You can use en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Womanism or indulge yourself with google for a wider read.

'the goal of a Womanist should be to promote the issues affecting not just Black women, but black men and other groups that have been subjected to discrimination or impotence'

#still reading #
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by ronald4lif(m): 5:57pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

This is the prime reason why I refuse to give Feminism a rest because according to you women are expecting men to shower with gifts and take care of them which is something Feminism are AGAINST!

It's either you're acting ignorance here or you've lost touch with the craziness/scrounging of Nigerian ladies towards money and material gifts having been residing in the States for long. This is not about me or my opinion. The average Nigerian woman has adopted this mentality that a man should take up her responsibilities once they embark on a relationship with him. As soon as the relationship kick off they start inundating him with one demand to the other. If they can't fend and take up their own responsibilities then they don't have the right to call for equality and it amount to hypocrisy on their part should seek for it.

Feminism encourage women to fend for themselves and contribute! We want women to be able to shower their man the same way a man will shower a woman! If a woman is unable to fend for herself and can't get jobs because society feels she needs to be at home then what do you expect?

I'm aware that feminism encourages women to fend for themselves and contribute "equally" as the man in a relationship in the West but Nigerian women aren't living up to this. Just to say they should 'contribute' is not enough, it must be done equally otherwise they are shortchanging the man in the equality agenda of the relationship/marriage. Most Nigerian men are finding it difficult to fend for themselves just as the women but unlike the women the men keep engaging themselves, thinking out of the box and trying out new things to earn a living. The defense that the society encourages a woman to stay at home is weak. There are many women taken up top jobs in corporations daily, no one stopped them. Only the lazy ones and the ones who prefer to become housewives rather than get a job pick this line as a defense.

If Feminism isn't necessary even in 2015 why is the hell do we have Africans still saying leave your father's home into your husband's home! Why do we have African men shouting because he has paid bride price that his wife is his property? Why do we have African men shouting a woman is damaged if she isn't married by 30! Why do we have African men toasting broke African girls then cry tears because she hasn't bought him any gifts to show her "love". grin

What's the fvck? She is broke!!!

That's like slapping a baby for crawling because she/he saw a toy!

Although Nigeria still remains a patriarchal and male chauvinistic society which propels some men to think that they can lord their male supremacy over their wives just because of some bride price paid or whatever reasons, the women themselves aren't helping matters when they have consciously and subconsciously confines their role of a wife to breeding kids, doing out house chores whilst the man relaxes with his friends at a pub. When a woman start taking up equal financial responsibility in her home they would unavoidably earn respect from their man and the issue of subjugation might never surface.

I told you a few days ago that the average Nigerian woman doesn't spend on their man as 'equal' as they would expect from him not because they don't have the money but because they don't consider it worthy and a role of a woman to spend on a man. Why do you always support this immoral act of our women reaping off men in the name of a relationship with the frivolous excuse that they are broke but fail to condemn this glaring gold digging attitude they have adopted?. Nigerian women don't spend because they are broke, they are just tightfisted and self-centered.

1 Like

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 6:00pm On May 31, 2015
blublahd:

they were indeed created for men, you also attest to that fact, and we also both agreed for help mate not service.

Sighs...women and men were created in likeness of God and Eve became Adam's wife after he saw Adam was alone and needed a wife.

The question you asked was reference to serving a man.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 6:10pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

It's either you're acting ignorance here or you've lost touch with the craziness/scrounging of Nigerian ladies towards money and material gifts having been residing in the States for long. This is not about me or my opinion. The average Nigerian woman has adopted this mentality that a man should take up her responsibilities once they embark on a relationship with him. As soon as the relationship kick off they start inundating him with one demand to the other. If they can't fend and take up their own responsibilities then they don't have the right to call for equality and it amount to hypocrisy on their part should seek for it.

I'm aware that feminism encourages women to fend for themselves and contribute "equally" as the man in a relationship in the West but Nigerian women aren't living up to this. Just to say they should 'contribute' is not enough, it must be done equally otherwise they are shortchanging the man in the equality agenda of the relationship/marriage. Most Nigerian men are finding it difficult to fend for themselves just as the men but unlike the women the men keep engaging themselves, thinking out of the box and trying out new things to earn a living. The defense that the society encourages a woman to stay at home is weak. There are many women taken up top jobs in corporations daily, no one stopped them. Only the lazy ones and the ones who prefer to become housewives rather than get a job pick this line as a defense.

Although Nigeria still remains a patriarchal and male chauvinistic society which propels some men to think that they can lord their male supremacy over their wives just because of some bride price paid or whatever reasons, the women themselves aren't helping matters when they have consciously and subconsciously confines their role of a wife to breeding kids, doing out house chores whilst the man relaxes with his friends at a pub. When a woman start taking up equal financial responsibility in her home they would unavoidably earn respect from their man and the issue of subjugation might never surface.

I told you a few days ago that the average Nigerian woman doesn't spend on their man as 'equal' as they would expect from him not because they don't have the money but because they don't consider it worthy and a role of a woman to spend on a man. Why do you always support this immoral act of our women reaping off men in the name of a relationship with the frivolous excuse that they are broke but fail to condemn this glaring gold digging attitude they have adopted?. Nigerian women don't spend because they are broke, they are just tightfisted and self-centered.

Support a woman for not taking care a man with gifts? I shall curse you and that dead dick! I have never supported such bullshit!

I actually encourage women to do unto their man as their man do unto them! I don't have control over selfish
bishes!

I only blame the man for getting into a desert expecting water! You keep saying you are not talking about those who doesn't have money but according to your comrades...they are dating broke bishes and giving them a salary! grin

LMAO@Mrs. Chima support women being tightfisted and selfish! Ha!
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Sighs... women and men were created in likeness of God and Eve became Adam's wife after he saw Adam was alone and needed a wife.
do not misquote the bible, yes we were alone and needed a companion for the sole purpose for which your kind was created.

The question you asked was reference to serving a man.
I have corrected you on that assumption, Yet you have refused to answer my question. Why are you females not preaching the mantra of an help mate, as oppose to contention which you call feminism?

1 Like

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 6:17pm On May 31, 2015
I am confused...how can one (I) act ignorance or crazy for encouraging women to shower their men the same way she is showered by her man?

I guess it is a African man mentality. lipsrsealed
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Come on what? How many men you know that is working and taking care of home? grin

I will wait!
hmm now let's see......ok wait 4 me. I dey cum. Let me try & remember.

*modified* yes! Ma uncle. His wife passed about 3 years ago & u should see d way he has carried the entire weight of the fam on his shoulders. Like a real boss. And a great inspiration to men.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

You are the only one that said carrying cement equals to want to feel equal!

It is funny how you are calling your own analogy horsesh1t. grin
yea. The notion of female equality is HORSESH*T. Females have always been equal. They just had specific "roles" they chose to play in various centuries of socities. Women should be seen 1st & foremost as human beings & not some wild beasts if we are to understand what we really mean by this "equality".
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 6:56pm On May 31, 2015
blublahd:

do not misquote the bible, yes we were alone and needed a companion for the sole purpose for which your kind was created.

I have corrected you on that assumption, Yet you have refused to answer my question. Why are you females not preaching the mantra of an help mate, as oppose to contention which you call feminism?

No you didn't correct me on any assumption. You should correct your question for correct answer. You obviously don't read the bible and clearly you don't comprehend well.

You need to read Genesis 1 to 3.

Genesis 1: 26-31

Verse 27-'male and female was created in God's likeness on the sixth day before he rested on the seventh day.

It did not say women were created for man! They were created to be fruitful and multiply! They were not of life yet!

Genesis 2: 7

God has formed man from dust and blew ilofe into the nostril of man then man became a living soul! He was placed in the garden of Eden where he has dominion over the Earth!

Genesis 2: 20

Adam has given names to all of the beasts on Earth.but without a help meet. While Adam was out doing his duty he was alone and God is wasn't good for man to be alone.

When God took Adam 's rib and brought to life a woman and cleaved 2 bodies as one...they were now husband and wife.

There is nothing in the bible that said women were designed for men. It said women came from the rib of a man. Designing a body for someone is different from creating a body from a man.

The sole purpose of man and woman creation was to be multiple and fruitful! Without a woman, Adam would be able to multiply! They were considered one until Genesis 3. Adam and Eve disobeyed God and therefore Adam lost dominion over Earth but given advice to govern Eve his wife as a punishment!

So again..when using the bible to support your blublahd at least make sure it doesn't contradict your rant! grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 6:58pm On May 31, 2015
shockwave91:

yea. The notion of female equality is HORSESH*T. Females have always been equal. They just had specific "roles" they chose to play in various centuries of socities. Women should be seen 1st & foremost as human beings & not some wild beasts if we are to understand what we really mean by this "equality".

The notion of male superiority is bullshit!
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by bknight: 7:03pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:

'the goal of a Womanist should be to promote the issues affecting not just Black women, but black men and other groups that have been subjected to discrimination or impotence'

#still reading #

Huh? Then narrow down your search, you got a lot to worry about then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Can't Guess Who This Is, Congrats You Are Going To Heaven / Lady Strips Off In The Middle Of The Road In Mushin, Lagos. Photos / Forget Heaven If You Understand This Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.