Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

African Woman And Feminism. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / African Woman And Feminism. (8482 Views)

South African Woman Catches Her Man Driving A Side Chick & Climbs On His Car / What The Fight For Gender Equality And Feminism Would Later Result To / Photos:south African Woman With Big Hips Says Men Only Want To Sleep With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

Yea there are gay Africans, In every twelve there must be a judas, gayism (if u'll permit my use of words) didn't originate from Africa and the weak ones who are easily carried by the tide are free to join but they can't and wnt be used to judge the majority.
Talking about the way Africans threat women, looks like you are still making comparisons with the West. For the records my grandfather treated my grand mum fine, my dad threats my mum like a queen, he even cooks sometimes you know, so why wnt I and my brother do thesame to our future wife? It's sort of an individual decision.
Since the whites are the once who threat their wife's fine as u seem to insinuate from ur post, which of the two worlds (Africa and the West) record higher rate of divorce and why

Your father doesn't represent African men as a whole just like White men divorcing their wives doesn't represent America. grin. We need to stop making silly generationalizations to make our points "fact".

Who is the authority of divorce tally keeper glibally? Just because celebrities publicize their divorces and average Africans don't means nothing!

Africans would rather kill than to leave or have concubine to avoid divorce! Bullshit! Why would anyone stay in a lifeless marriage is beyond me! I know several Africans who are married and living with other people for the sake of, not being divorce! They are sleeping in separate rooms and living their own lives as roommates but they are married!

Many of those divorced white womwn are being used by married African men! grin Ironic!

You want to dig deeper?

1 Like

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by bknight: 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
Justfollowit:

Were you drunk when you came up with this?

Anyways, there is a difference between believing in something and actually realising it. undecided

Since you are not drunk, kindly explain the above sentence in bold.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:

anybody with phallus and healthy sperm can impregnate a lady, me love.

It takes a strong woman to carry the pregnancy and go through labour successfully. cheesy
Your two girlfriends are actually the strong ones here wink
and men are weak by your analogy?
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by ronald4lif(m): 2:45pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Women rights isn't glibally and you know that! I have stated in my posts if you care to read it that womwn in western societies have some rights and they are still dealing with sexism and discrimination!

For the rest of the world...women oppression is a mofo!

- In the West employment are gained by merit and has nothing to do with gender. Same with Nigeria

- In politics women have a level playing field as the men. Likewise Nigeria.

- In business and corporations there's no restriction of the position on which a woman can be promoted once she meets the requirements. Likewise Nigeria.

- In religion, especially Christianity, women are free to become pastors and deacons and its same for Nigeria.

And it's same for for other sectors.

- In the West, however, in the domestic fronts women are more empowered than the men. Whenever there's a feud between a couple, the laws have been structured to give the woman the benefit of the doubts and in the event of a separation the man is usually kicked out of his home while the woman stays with the kids. The woman also gets a huge chunk of his wealth if alimony cases are filed. Where's the inequality in the West?.

The African feminism should come clean and tell us where they seek for an equality in the society apart from the domestic front. Don't we have top bankers, entrepreneurs, and women in top corporations in Nigeria?. Why weren't they restricted from attaining those heights?. Does the African woman seek equality and want laws that would enable them suppress the man at the home front, kick him out of his home and also sue for alimony and fraudulently acquire his wealth?. Nonsense upon nonsense! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 2:50pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

You keep repeating yourself. Why do women love to play the victim?. Where exactly is the inequality that feminism crusaders want to reverse?

I actually think men are the victims of hysteria and paranoia!

Feminism is not a new movement just do you know. Feminism fought since the beginning of western civilization where women did NOT have rights. They were viewed as maids and cumbuckets to rich men. Women weren't allowed to vote or obtain formal education!

Women weren't allowed to express political views unless her husband grant her the permission under his supervision! grin

If a wife was divorced she received nothing BUT she isn't allowed to work outside the home to fend for herself! She was dependent on a man and if he didn't care about herself she was flicked!

Feminism empowers women to get out and get yours and your husband can't care of you if hr is feet under! grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

It's not all about Africa's norms, it's all about European culture infecting the fabrics of our dear continent. Whether we like it or not men were built to take care of women, protect them, and cater for them, that's why we are naturally possessive when it comes to our female counterparts.
You can take a cue from lesser mammals like the lions,how then can a woman be equal to a man when all this natural hints points towards one direction.
I in no way support maltreatment of the opposite gender, no reasonable person will do that. Sometimes I laugh at the frivolous culture of the West, they have nothing important to think out or invent like their fore-fathers, all they do now is lazy about trying to counter the laws of nature, supporting lesbianism, gay rights, bestiality, feminism, atheism I mean what type of human being doesn't believe in anything.
My question is why can't we influence them with our own culture. My brothers and sisters WE ARE STILLL UNDER THE SHACKLES OF OUR COLONIAL MASTERS!!
Don't include atheism. I don't see anything wrong with questioning these laughable doctrines that religious institutions teach and its not necessarily a western norm. Religion brainwashes while atheism liberates.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by ronald4lif(m): 3:03pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

I actually think men are the victims of hysteria and paranoia!

Feminism is not a new movement just do you know. Feminism fought since the beginning of western civilization where women did NOT have rights. They were viewed as maids and cumbuckets to rich men. Women weren't allowed to vote or obtain formal education!

Women weren't allowed to express political views unless her husband grant her the permission under his supervision! grin

If a wife was divorced she received nothing BUT she isn't allowed to work outside the home to fend for herself! She was dependent on a man and if he didn't care about herself she was flicked!

Feminism empowers to get out snd get yours and your husband can't ts keep of you Bleep ice feet under! grin

You see why I keep reiterating that modern feminists are heartless and evil. In the past, they were never allowed by their men to work and didn't have any career. But all that has changed now as women are taking up influential jobs and position in the society. Yet, they still fight for a huge chunk of the man's wealth after a divorce.

The gender equality laws in the West should be revised, men seem to have become endangered species in the hands of women who want it all to themselves. They seek equality and at same time want to be worshipped by men. Confused lots.
angry
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by faith551(m): 3:03pm On May 31, 2015
sylvalord:
Don't include atheism. I don't see anything wrong with questioning these laughable doctrines that religious institutions teach and its not necessarily a western norm. Religion brainwashes while atheism liberates.

Hahahahahahahahaha, u dnt mean it. You know why we have problems in this life? Ppl use their brains for the wrong reason. Am not going to argue religion with you since I know ur stand on it already.
But talking about religion brainwashing, my teacher used to say something "go to school with two bags,when the teacher teaches, put the important ones in one bag and the not so important once in the other bag, on your way home, fling the bag containing the non-important ones into the bush and go with the other"
That been said, good day
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 3:04pm On May 31, 2015
sylvalord:

Hmm. I haven't thought of atheism in that point view. We were taught that atheism is about rebelling against God and not having any spiritual relationship.

I am not religious but I am spiritual and believe in God. I don't conform to what man think God wants us to live.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 3:11pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

You see why I keep reiterating that modern feminists are heartless and evil. In the past, they were never allowed by their men to work and didn't have any career. But all that has changed now as women are taking up influential jobs and position in the society. Yet, they still fight for a huge chunk of the man's wealth after a divorce.

The gender equality laws in the West should be revised, men seem to have become endangered species in the hands of women who want it all to themselves. They seek equality and at same time want to be worshipped by men. Confused lots.
angry

You weren't dealing with Feminists...you were dealing with womwn who wanted to control you or men. It has nothing to do with feminism.

If the man wasn't working and the wife was a main breadwinner he would get chunk of her wealth as well. That's fact! If both were working during the marriage the assets and moneybisbsplit in half! It is called community property!

A woman can't ask for chunk of money but a man bish about her not taking his surname?

Confused...yeah!
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 3:24pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

- In the West employment are gained by merit and has nothing to do with gender. Same with Nigeria

- In politics women have a level playing field as the men. Likewise Nigeria.

- In business and corporations there's no restriction of the position on which a woman can be promoted once she meets the requirements. Likewise Nigeria.

- In religion, especially Christianity, women are free to become pastors and deacons and its same for Nigeria.

And it's same for for other sectors.

- In the West, however, in the domestic fronts women are more empowered than the men. Whenever there's a feud between a couple, the laws have been structured to give the woman the benefit of the doubts and in the event of a separation the man is usually kicked out of his home while the woman stays with the kids. The woman also gets a huge chunk of his wealth if alimony cases are filed. Where's the inequality in the West?.

The African feminism should come clean and tell us where they seek for an equality in the society apart from the domestic front. Don't we have top bankers, entrepreneurs, and women in top corporations in Nigeria?. Why weren't they restricted from attaining those heights?. Does the African woman seek equality and want laws that would enable them suppress the man at the home front, kick him out of his home and also sue for alimony and fraudulently acquire his wealth?. Nonsense upon nonsense! undecided

Again...I said women in Western societies are far better off in rights. You are repeating what I agreed to.

Globally, women oppression is a mofo. Can a woman become a president in Nigeria? grin

A woman is a leader of the entire church on Nigeria? grin

Again, Nigeria follows similar structure as U.K. and what is ironic id that Nigeria has been independent from U.K. for over 50 years! grin

Domestic violence towards women is taken seriously in Nigeria? A man beat his wife in the market and no one did anything even the police! grin I laughed when I heard a Nigerian man say, "she must have done something to deserve it". grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Hmm. I haven't thought of atheism in that point view. We were taught that atheism is about rebelling against God and not having any spiritual relationship.

I am not religious but I am spiritual and believe in God. I don't conform to what man think God wants us to live.
come to think of it dear mrschima; that a "loving God" will throw a person into a lake of fire just because the person refuses to serve him? That even if a person does good, obeys the law and gives to the poor, a God who claims to be loving will cast him into a lake of fire just because he didn't acknowledge him? Will you as much as burn your child's hand no matter what he/she does? Yet a God who claims that he loves us and created us in his image will burn us forever if we as much as tell a lie. How reasonable does it sound.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 31, 2015
bknight:

Since you are not drunk, kindly explain the above sentence in bold.

I was expecting you to type this

I want to have a child, I can't just get pregnant. I have to find a willing partner to realize my want.

I feel men and women are equal. That is not the end. If the society I live in believes that I am inferior; I am inferior. If the society merely accepts that I assn equal however fails to put in place policies and infrastructures to ensure that the male gender treats me as an equal; I am still not equal.

Therefore if I believe that I am equal to a man. I have to act like it and be treated as an equal to truly feel like an equal.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 4:02pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

Hahahahahaha, I gave two ladies twins and u say they are the strong ones? Not to worry na quadruplet I go give you
Lolz! Abeg o
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 4:03pm On May 31, 2015
sylvalord:
come to think of it dear mrschima; that a "loving God" will throw a person into a lake of fire just because the person refuses to serve him? That even if a person does good, obeys the law and gives to the poor, a God who claims to be loving will cast him into a lake of fire just because he didn't acknowledge him? Will you as much as burn your child's hand no matter what he/she does? Yet a God who claims that he loves us and created us in his image will burn us forever if we as much as tell a lie. How reasonable does it sound.

Religiously, it does make sense but spiritually it doesn't make sense. Spiritually, a person who continue to engage in Bleep in even after knowing it is a sin because filth can't enter the holy place. If there is a heaven then it would as keep sense to remove the sin to protect the holiness. It has also said in the bible people would be given a chance to redeem themselves and makecwhole to enter heaven but refuse to do so and are cast to the fire.

God is a loving God because he is willing to forgive and make you whole if you ask him but it is your free will to live your life and you will be judged by your actions. There are grace and mercy and that's what makes God loving.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Kasiem2: 4:04pm On May 31, 2015
shockwave91:

did i mention how much i love you? No? Ok. I LLOVE YOU!
lols.

1 Like

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by ronald4lif(m): 4:05pm On May 31, 2015
sylvalord:

I don't like to delve into religious argument because most of the time it lacks logic and it's based on a book written centuries ago. But one thing I know for certain is that my parents wouldn't threaten me with fire and brimstone if I go against their will. They would embrace me no matter my perceived flaws and shortcomings.

This is something I'm not sure the Biblical God would guarantee me of since the Bible keeps warning us of his wrath if we deviate from his laws and commandments. Why should God punish me and send his wrath to destroy his children just because they failed to keep to his commandments. Where's the love?.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

I don't like to delve into religious argument because most of the time it lacks logic and it's based on a book written decades ago. But one thing I know for certain is that my parents wouldn't threaten me with fire and brimstone if I go against their will. They would embrace me no matter my perceived flaws and shortcomings. This is something I'm not sure the Biblical God would guarantee me of since the Bible keeps warning us of his wrath if we deviate from his laws and commandments. Why should God punish me and send his wrath to destroy his children just because they failed to keep to his commandments. Where's the love?.
Exactly my point! You see this God that the Christians call loving isn't loving at all, he is evil and barbaric. He doesn't exist and even if he does, i refuse to serve such a evil blood sucking and flesh eating daemon
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 4:13pm On May 31, 2015
bknight:

So what is the rationale behind feminism in the west where 'we are equal' is clearly shown in action? My point is only to show that women of renown throughout all history of the various peoples of the world have made their mark naturally knowing we are equal and didn't see any need to be so pushy about equality like today's woman.

More like a conceited insecurity undecided
I speak for Africa and not for the western countries.

Funny enough, I'm not a feminist but I want an Africa where women are treated right.
Even here on NL, the prejudice is just too much
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Kasiem2: 4:16pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Anyone who is lonely and desire companion will be vulnerable at some degree but isolating someone for the sake of protection is wrong!

Women do not need to be treated like eggs and I am sure the change in societal trends would be accepted and appreciated!
it all depends on what u see as isolation madam. Do u think that the man enjoy it as being the only one suffering just to see that one woman relaxing and doing gossip somewhere is made happy? Do u enjoy suffering? All the woman does is to know the latest ware in the market while the man who toils day and night hardly knows the day he bought his last boxers, yet u don't wanna give men some credit? Please, like I posited in the original post, the stage is always open for women to aspire for any height. Have u ever seen a great woman being denigrated here in our Africa?
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

You are wrong! There are womwn who work inside the home and hold reputable careers I can't say the same for the men.

There are womwn who maintain thwir kids while pushing a pen at corporations I can't say the same for men.

I don't know what is your definition of a woman but it is not definitely your opinion of what you think a woman is.

If we would to enforce the ideal role of a male...the average man wouldn't pass. We need to stop being silly and know everything isn't about us or complicated.

"i can't say the same for men" undecided Really
Ok now u've taken dis to a whole new direction. Ughh......c'mon
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Religiously, it does make sense but spiritually it doesn't make sense. Spiritually, a person who continue to engage in Bleep in even after knowing it is a sin because filth can't enter the holy place. If there is a heaven then it would as keep sense to remove the sin to protect the holiness. It has also said in the bible people would be given a chance to redeem themselves and makecwhole to enter heaven but refuse to do so and are cast to the fire.

God is a loving God because he is willing to forgive and make you whole if you ask him but it is your free will to live your life and you will be judged by your actions. There are grace and mercy and that's what makes God loving.
Religion and spirituality work hand in hand, one cannot exist without the other. With this writeup, are you telling me that if ur child keeps being rebellious you will warn him and if he refuses to adhere to your warnings, you will feel good burning his/her hand?
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 4:20pm On May 31, 2015
blublahd:

and men are weak by your analogy?

Our discussion was narrowed down to childbirth.

I really can't answer your question, Sir
Strong or weak, it all depend on individual(male or female) as far as I'm concerned
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

There you go again...who are you to say what a woman should or shouldn't do?

If she want to carry a ton of bricks...what is your business?
i can't carry 2 50kg cement bags. But u shouldn't do it either just to feel "equal". Like i said before, that's HORSESHIT!
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by bknight: 4:25pm On May 31, 2015
Justfollowit:

I was expecting you to type this

I want to have a child, I can't just get pregnant. I have to find a willing partner to realize my want.

I feel men and women are equal. That is not the end. If the society I live in believes that I am inferior; I am inferior. If the society merely accepts that I assn equal however fails to put in place policies and infrastructures to ensure that the male gender treats me as an equal; I am still not equal.

Therefore if I believe that I am equal to a man. I have to act like it and be treated as an equal to truly feel like an equal.

So this is the best argument you could come up with?
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by francizy(m): 4:28pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

I don't like to delve into religious argument because most of the time it lacks logic and it's based on a book written centuries ago. But one thing I know for certain is that my parents wouldn't threaten me with fire and brimstone if I go against their will. They would embrace me no matter my perceived flaws and shortcomings.

This is something I'm not sure the Biblical God would guarantee me of since the Bible keeps warning us of his wrath if we deviate from his laws and commandments. Why should God punish me and send his wrath to destroy his children just because they failed to keep to his commandments. Where's the love?.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The love is there but you fail to see it brother. The love was born with the coming of the savior! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:

Our discussion was narrowed down to childbirth.

I really can't answer your question, Sir
Strong or weak, it all depend on individual(male or female) as far as I'm concerned
Ok
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 4:30pm On May 31, 2015
sylvalord:
Religion and spirituality work hand in hand, one cannot exist without the other. With this writeup, are you telling me that if ur child keeps being rebellious you will warn him and if he refuses to adhere to your warnings, you will feel good burning his/her hand?

I will discipline him if he is doing what he shouldn't do which is committing crimes and being disobedient as a child.

As an adult, it is his decision and i am not responsible for what happens to him.

Spirituality and Religion are two different things. Religion is a man made institution with their own views of how a church should be ran. Spirituality is about having a personal relationship with God.

No all religious people have a relationship with God and there is one God and over 10 different religions!
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by faith551(m): 4:33pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:
Lolz! Abeg o

Wat?, afraid dey catch u grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 4:34pm On May 31, 2015
shockwave91:

i can't carry 2 50kg cement bags. But u shouldn't do it either just to feel "equal". Like i said before, that's HORSESHIT!

You are the only one that said carrying cement equals to want to feel equal!

It is funny how you are calling your own analogy horsesh1t. grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 31, 2015
I have a question tho, why does a cock have a crown on its head and a hen doesn't?
And has anyone noticed the mating...... Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

!
I have a question though, at the end of the day God says men are superior to women and were created for the purpose to comfort man? Will you then accept your fate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South African 'pantless' Dancer, Zodwa Wabantu Shows Off Her Curves As She Works / If You Have Not PM Any Girl On Nairaland Before Check This Out!(shocking) / Man Shares His Experience Dating An Older Lady(photo Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.