Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

African Woman And Feminism. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / African Woman And Feminism. (8481 Views)

South African Woman Catches Her Man Driving A Side Chick & Climbs On His Car / What The Fight For Gender Equality And Feminism Would Later Result To / Photos:south African Woman With Big Hips Says Men Only Want To Sleep With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 12:15pm On May 31, 2015
Teempakguy:
these women conveniently exclude people like hellen Keller and mother Theresa in their arguments. Being a woman means being strong in fragility. Being resilient while being delicate. But if you insist on being like men, by all means, go ahead. You are the ones that will get tired.

if we go labeling what is it to be a man then we will be insulted for tears. You guys can't define what is a woman without being defined as in what's a man?

Helen Keller was a deaf and blind author who lectured and advocated outside of the home. Helen's primary focus was to awareness of deaf and blind constituents of America.

Mother Theresa was a humanitarian that focused on eliminating poverty and nurturing peace which could contribute to women's empowerment.

Many women who were brave enough to be heard allowed women to participate outside the home and contribute to society from a panoramic stance!
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by ronald4lif(m): 12:16pm On May 31, 2015
Justfollowit:

angry

Are you also a feminist
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:
Who run this world? Girls!!! cheesy grin grin

Dreamer
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by ronald4lif(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Why aren't you in power boo? grin

Girls! tongue

What does Western feminists really want?. It appears as though they give of the illusion that they are fighting for equal rights whereas they are just men haters and are seeking for women supremacy. What section of life are women being discriminated in the West?. Is it at politics, schools, work place or the domestic front that the government have empowered women to kick their husband out of their homes at any slightest red-rag?.

I do understand, to some extent, the feminism struggle in the third world countries but I don't get the feminism rabble-rousing from the West. Does women want men to become an endangered species more than we already are? Do they want to send the male gender to an extinction?. What's this jabberwocky feminism talk about?.

1 Like

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 12:27pm On May 31, 2015
shockwave91:
Feminism; "what a man can do, a woman can do better". LMFAO!! One of the most degrading sh*t i've ever heard.

Isn't it ridiculous that it's only when women do so called "men things" that they are regarded as "strong women"? When will society celebrate women for what they are? Which is.......women. Women are the primary & sole reason why the family unit survives & that has led the world to what it is today. No man will ever be able to replicate the role a woman performs in the society as a good mother & a good wife. Same goes for men as fathers & husbands.

I guess my point is until we celebrate women for what they are(women) & not what they are not(men), this whole feminism thing is horsesh*t

Gender roles were established by man. Men did not want to sit at home all day chasing kids and slaving over a hot stove. Why would a woman want to do the same?

Some women don't mind staying at home and chasing kids and they were the ones who didn't have the formal education to contribute outside of the home. Feminism isn't about trying to be a man. If that is the case then Male Chauvinism is about being a woman. That's nonsense.

Just because you don't agree with what Feminism is a out and women wants to work outside of the home doesn't give you the right to enforce others to accept how you think it should be.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 12:31pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

What does Western feminists really want?. It appears as though they give of the illusion that they are fighting for equal rights whereas they are just men haters and are seeking for women supremacy. What section of life are women being discriminated in the West?. Is it at politics, schools, work place or the domestic front that the government have empowered women to kick their husband out of their homes at any slightest red-rag?.

I do understand, to some extent, the feminism struggle in the third world countries but I don't get the feminism rabble-rousing from the West. Does women want men to become an endangered species more than we already are? Do they want to send the male gender to an extinction?. What's this jabberwocky feminism talk about?.

Ronald boo...how would men become endangered species because of Feminism? grin

I guess Beyonce is a man hater! Why's the fvck she married a man grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 12:33pm On May 31, 2015
rogerdat:

Dreamer

Get over it.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 12:35pm On May 31, 2015
(Turning up the volume)

It's raining men/boys! grin grin grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

if we go labeling what is it to be a man then we will be insulted for tears. You guys can't define what is a woman without being defined as in what's a man?

Helen Keller was a deaf and blind author who lectured and advocated outside of the home. Helen's primary focus was to awareness of deaf and blind constituents of America.

Mother Theresa was a humanitarian that focused on eliminating poverty and nurturing peace which could contribute to women's empowerment.

Many women who were brave enough to be heard allowed women to participate outside the home and contribute to society from a panoramic stance!
They were never feminists. You see, feminism relies on the concept that men are the problem. You people paint us as the enemy. Whenever we display chivalry, you say we think you are weak . . . you insist on helping yourselves . . . you forget that both sexes are compliments of each other. You insist on being granted the right to pursue moral and sexual decadence. You argue for abortions, you forget that the men who look down on you are actually older, bigger, faster, and more collected than you are. You demand respect from older men. Something younger men would not dare to ask. You say you are being asked to keep quiet. But now, no one is stopping you and yet, you have not said anything.

What you are looking for is preposterous and wildly unimaginable. If you cannot beat a man yourself, don't clamor for him to respect you. If you cannot outlast a man drinking, do not demand his respect. When mother Theresa was alive, she did not form an organization forcing men to respect her. Yet, many men would readily destroy anyone who spoke ill of her,

Florence Nightingale. I trust you know her, is one of the most respect female figures in history,
She did not clamor for this respect. I do recall Ada Lovelace. She did not clamour for respect. Yet now, we revere Her as a brilliant mathematician. Respect is earned. Not relinquished.

Now I ask. What have you been wanting to say all these while? I beg you in the name of God, come and say it here. Come and say it. No one is stopping you. Please, you and your fellows. Come and say it, please. smiley

1 Like

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

Are you also a feminist

I don't know tongue
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by faith551(m): 1:02pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Just because she is a wife/girlfriend doesn't mean she is being ran. grin
Get over it!

Who's even interested in running? I be u ulsain bolt? I no get strength sef
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 1:06pm On May 31, 2015
Teempakguy:
[font=Georgia][i][color=navy]They were never feminists. You see, feminism relies on the concept that men are the problem. You people paint us as the enemy. Whenever we display chivalry, you say we think you are weak . . . you insist on helping yourselves . . . you forget that both sexes are compliments of each other. You insist on being granted the right to pursue moral and sexual decadence. You argue for abortions, you forget that the men who look down on you are actually older, bigger, faster, and more collected than you are. You demand respect from older men. Something younger men would not dare to ask. You say you are being asked to keep quiet. But now, no one is stopping you and yet, you have not said anything.

What you are looking for is preposterous and wildly unimaginable. If you cannot beat a man yourself, don't clamor for him to respect you. If you cannot outlast a man drinking, do not demand his respect. When mother Theresa was alive, she did not form an organization forcing men to respect her. Yet, many men would readily destroy anyone who spoke ill of her,

Florence Nightingale. I trust you know her, is one of the most respect female figures in history,
She did not clamor for this respect. I do recall Ada Lovelace. She did not clamour for respect. Yet now, we revere Her as a brilliant mathematician. Respect is earned. Not relinquished.
[quote]

Please pot where I said Helen Keller and Mother Theresa were feminists? If you actually read my post you will see that I said they advocated for others not women empowerment.

I have never said women should demand respect. I strongly believe in do unto others as they do unto you! If a man doesn't respect a woman she should reciprocate the same! What is good for the goose should be good for the gander!

I dont know what "Feminists you know personally or publicly that said they views men as enemies. The feminists I know personally do not see men as enemies but do see that you guys aren't open to change that can potentially lower your self esteem.

It is not that complicated and dual contribution is a stress reduction but for some odd reasons you guys got this film in your mind that modern women wants men extinct and eradicated from this world! grin

I swear I don't know what is funnier hormonal women during their cycle or mental hysterical men who think women are out to "kill" them. That's a self esteem issue...nothing to do with Feminism.

If feminism is about women's dominance and killing the male species....why is the hell would a Feminist want to work and be equal to a man in other areas of life?

Exactly! grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 1:11pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

Who's even interested in running? I be u ulsain bolt?
I no get strength sef

Running is good for the body! grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Gender roles were established by man. Men did not want to sit at home all day chasing kids and slaving over a hot stove. Why would a woman want to do the same?

Some women don't mind staying at home and chasing kids and they were the ones who didn't have the formal education to contribute outside of the home. Feminism isn't about trying to be a man. If that is the case then Male Chauvinism is about being a woman. That's nonsense.

Just because you don't agree with what Feminism is a out and women wants to work outside of the home doesn't give you the right to enforce others to accept how you think it should be.
i totally agree that women shouldn't be comfortable where they are. They can do and be much more than the "roles" set by "men". But that shouldn't be at the expense of stripping away what makes a woman a woman, which whether you choose to agree or not is a side effect of the kind of feminism being preached today. Some women don't want to do what makes them women anymore because they believe it inequalises them among men. I'm i right or i'm i right? Isn't that horseshit? Until we celebrate women's wonderful roles in society, to me, this whole thing still doesn't make sense.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by faith551(m): 1:15pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Running is good for the body! grin

I no wan run again abeg, make my body spoil make I see am. Una wan run oya...... Get set...... Go!!!!!!!!
Wen I pay ur bride pride price, no be person go tell u make u stop grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 1:16pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

Who's even interested in running? I be u ulsain bolt?
I no get strength sef
Hey
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 31, 2015
Kasiem2:
celebrating the women for what they are has always been a major part of African ethics, that's why they are protected from major stress of toiling to see she gets what to eat. Again, the kind of protection that's given to a widow is never accorded to a widower all because we know how vulnerable they are. So if the women folk thinks they are not comfortable where the society has kept them then they should be ready to face the challenges of change
did i mention how much i love you? No? Ok. I LLOVE YOU!
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 31, 2015
missclasssy:

That's not Feminism.

Feminism is all about the social, political, religious economic equality of the sexes.
Not placing one above the other.
#TrueTalk.

But just because a man can carry 2 50kg bags of cement doesn't mean a woman should do same in the name of "equality".
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 1:21pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

I no wan run again abeg, make my body spoil make I see am. Una wan run oya...... Get set...... Go!!!!!!!!
Wen I pay ur bride pride price, no be person go tell u make u stop grin

I am priceless! I no for sale. angry
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 1:25pm On May 31, 2015
shockwave91:

#TrueTalk.

But just because a man can carry 2 50kg bags of cement doesn't mean a woman should do same in the name of "equality".

There you go again...who are you to say what a woman should or shouldn't do?

If she want to carry a ton of bricks...what is your business?
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by faith551(m): 1:27pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:
Hey
Yeehhhh!!!, I didn't know she was around, Am done for today. Sorry it was I slip of tongue,.... Sorry hand grin Infant am ready to run now
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 1:27pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:

Hey

Back off! angry He's not available. undecided
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by faith551(m): 1:29pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:
Hey

Yeehhhh!!!!! I never knew she was around. Am done for today. Am sorry it was a slip of tongue...... Sorry finger grin Infact am ready to run now
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 1:32pm On May 31, 2015
Why is it that whenever the issue of feminism is raised? Guys/men/boys become somewhat irked and defensive

1 Like

Re: African Woman And Feminism. by faith551(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2015
MrsChima:

I am priceless! I no for sale. angry

I never said that, but I wnt wanna have something that didn't cost me. It's not buying you, it's showing am/he is proud of having you.
Btw nothing on earth is enough to buy a woman if it's possible to do so
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by Beamborla(f): 1:33pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

Yeehhhh!!!!! I never knew she was around. Am done for today.
Am sorry it was a slip of tongue...... Sorry finger grin
Infact am ready to run now
MrsChima:

Back off! angry He's not available. undecided
He seems not to agree with you. tongue
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 1:38pm On May 31, 2015
shockwave91:

i totally agree that women shouldn't be comfortable where they are. They can do and be much more than the "roles" set by "men". But that shouldn't be at the expense of stripping away what makes a woman a woman, which whether you choose to agree or not is a side effect of the kind of feminism being preached today. Some women don't want to do what makes them women anymore because they believe it inequalises them among men. I'm i right or i'm i right? Isn't that horseshit? Until we celebrate women's wonderful roles in society, to me, this whole thing still doesn't make sense.

You are wrong! There are womwn who work inside the home and hold reputable careers I can't say the same for the men.

There are womwn who maintain thwir kids while pushing a pen at corporations I can't say the same for men.

I don't know what is your definition of a woman but it is not definitely your opinion of what you think a woman is.

If we would to enforce the ideal role of a male...the average man wouldn't pass. We need to stop being silly and know everything isn't about us or complicated.
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by faith551(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:
*faints*
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 1:41pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:

He is a man..what's to expect? grin
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 1:42pm On May 31, 2015
faith551:

I never said that, but I wnt wanna have something that didn't cost me. It's not buying you, it's showing am/he is proud of having you.
Btw nothing on earth is enough to buy a woman if it's possible to do so

You are smooth..you be Yoruba?
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by MrsChima(f): 1:43pm On May 31, 2015
Beamborla:
Why is it that whenever the issue of feminism is raised? Guys/men/boys become somewhat irked and defensive

Can I kiss you? No homo! wink
Re: African Woman And Feminism. by bknight: 1:45pm On May 31, 2015
Are there not women across different races, regions and times in the world that believe in equality of rights, yet do not adorn the 'feminism' tag?

Except attention-seeking, there's no reason to 'fight' for equality when you already believe we are equal. It negates its aim.

We are equal right? So why 'fight' for equality? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A 27years Old Man Is Screwing My 18 Years Old Neighbor / A Nairalander Is About To Leave Nigeria. Airport Photos. / Ladies Pants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.