Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (41076 Views)

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 11:16am On May 31, 2015
IYANGBALI:
who is this tout?
I am softysparky, now swerve!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Beremx(f): 11:19am On May 31, 2015
talktimi:
Berem or Beremx or cramjones or whatever you call yourself you're a disgraceful hypocrite no insult intended I'm just stating facts
.. and you had to disturb my mentions?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by EmekaBlue(m): 11:22am On May 31, 2015
Early #Change we want o.....haha! Start

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Azo(m): 11:29am On May 31, 2015
@OP is a bastardt and a moronica. How in the heavens does this article mean they have not declared their assets? After they already submitted the form prior to inauguration Attention seeking murther focker.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by stexsy(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

1. Asset declaration: PMB declared his asset first to the CCB. He cannot just declare his asset on National Television first without first declaring to CCB and signing the asset declaration forms. It would be a breach of the constitution if he decides to do the latter first before doing the former. Kindly calm down and wait for him to declare his assets to the Nigerian people because it will surely happen.

2. Security: He has only been president for 48 hrs! He has made a Press statement already. We experienced a historic moment in our country's history and we must celebrate it. Boko Haram or no Boko Haram. PMB will defeat Boko Haram. Wish him well to do so for the interest of those endangered by them and for the survival of our country. To criticize him for celebrating the inauguration is nothing but foolishness! The declaration of citing the command headquarters for the war against boko haram wasn't presidential and assertive enough? Grow out of your foolishness before it consumes you!

3. Chibok girls: What the hell! I say what the hell! GEJ failed to act in the first 2 weeks of the kidnap, now the issue has become extremely complicated and you want him to tell you for certain that he will bring them back? No! He won't he never did. PMB only said that bringing back the girls will be priority and he will do his best to bring back our girls. Please stop this ridiculous claims and hate.

Finally, we must join hands to support this president. It is good to be a critic and keep the government in check, but there is no need being a foolish critic to gain cheap and foolish popularity.

Let us give PMB a chance. He has set the ball rolling in a country left destroyed by GEJ, and we must support him!

-CramJones
when you were insulting our Hero, did they ban you? go sleep joor

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Codyt(m): 11:47am On May 31, 2015
chuna1985:

I already said u don't know what's going on. buhari is claiming that he is poor, he said he even borrowed money from bank to buy presidential form and he claimed he will declare his assets n also force all his ministers to declare their assets if he is voted into power.

Now he's singing another song.

I urge all buhari supporters to brace themselves, because they will have to defend Sai baba one chance for a very long time. Now the clueless one has assumed power...
How will buharis declaration of assets befit you! !! !! undecided you are there singing. When you're tired I believe you will go into exile just like FFK. Live by example.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Krestjossy(m): 11:49am On May 31, 2015
I hope this little will help

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Codyt(m): 11:49am On May 31, 2015
anonimi:

See olodo otondo like you who cannot defend what he typed when called out! grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2459264_25333_jpeg48c71cc97311d5e395468a349d792e52
Thankfully received. I accept am olodo. I can't defend nothing. All because of a president you throwing insults at me?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Codyt(m): 11:52am On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

Please! Please!! and Please!!!

These satanic attitude is not by "Patriotic Nigerians", as we will say in the 'General sense'!

It is a well orchestrated and well funded attempt by paid agents of Jonathan (their registered name is TAN but we call them TANoids or better still SaTANoids"! grin grin ) who were mobilised with about #3Billion Naira, on February 15, a day after the Presidential election was shifted, to essentially mis-inform, spread lies and rumors and generally decapitate the image and any effort of President Buhari and his administration.

"Nigerians" know it will be silly to expect buhari to build a Refinery within one month, build a Power station within one week or reverse the damage and decay that Jonathan had visited on this country, its infrastructure and Treasury within just a few months.

Buhari wanted to "hit the ground running" hence his insistence that Jonathan should order his Agencies and Ministers to provide their hand-over notes to him, a few weeks before inauguration[b] BUT HE REFUSED, PROVIDING IT ONLY TWO DAYS TO THE EVENT[/b].

These SaTANoids though Nigerians by citizenship (some of them claim allegiance to Biafra!), by their acts are best described as "Saboteurs" and would do anything to destroy any good coming to our dear country, just to vent their ANGER and HATRED for PMB!

Patriotic Nigerians from all walks of life must be the vanguard of this administration, criticizing it "constructively" when necessary and countering these SaTANoids at every opportunity.

We sacrificed and risked a lot in booting out Jonathan.... and we will defend our Freedom and rights to the hilt.

Nigeria will be Great Again.

Lastpage!

BTW: Jonathan has ALWAYS been clueless since he claimed he was a Lecturer at a College of Education in Otuoke!
He is just innate and genetically "bereft of ideas".
He cant be anything else!
wink wink
Nigeria will be great again. I believe so.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by neocortex: 11:57am On May 31, 2015
hifaif:

Your idiocy is staggering.

In case you don't know, Aisha is the first lady and her children are the first children. If they had dogs, the dogs would be the first dogs. All these are just positions by virtue of their relationship to the president.

Now the issue is, Buhari will not let his wife run her position like an office the way Patience ran hers. That was what Baba promised. I don't know what is so hard to understand in all these.

Everybody knows that already, but you seem ignorant of the difference between being a first lady and functioning as a first lady.
If Aisha would just sit in her beauty parlor no one will raise an eyebrow, but she closed down her business just to resume as the first lady.
This basically showed that she is ready to assume her office.
If it is the world office that confuses you , it just means that Aisha will have a portfolio and resources allocated to her.

I am curious on how patience ran her own "like an office" and her predecessors didn't.
One thing I find common among Buhari's loyalist is that everything he does is good , even if he breaks his voluntary promises.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by beordune(m): 12:00pm On May 31, 2015
barcanista:
Why can't they declare their assets publicly even before inauguration? They had all the time back then. Well, Buhari made a public pledge to declare his asset....Nigerians are waiting

The President has done as the Code of Conduct Bureau required, as enshrined in the Constitution... He never said he would declare "publicly ", he only said, every member of his cabinet would be made to declare their assets. You can prove me wrong with a text of where he said he would "publicly " declare his assets.
Yar'adua only did his at his own prerogative.

If you're interested in what they have declared; the FOI bill has given you the power to do so.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 12:00pm On May 31, 2015
Olupery:

Hmmm.. PMB broke 2 campaign promises for your mind or saTAN'S mind?
what is ds one sayin?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Omotayor123(f): 12:04pm On May 31, 2015
Patiently waiting..... I believe he won't disappoint Nigerians....
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by calista1234(f): 12:10pm On May 31, 2015
Great umaru yar Adua
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Kunlexity(m): 12:12pm On May 31, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:
Chai!
This is unacceptable.
They promised that they'll declare the said asset publicly but now they have done is secretly.

We needed to know how poor Buhari is and also how rich he will be while leaving office.

Irresponsibility in the highest order.
......Olodo ni e,Now, do you expect the pair to hold a press-
conference and start saying, "...ehhmm... I have a
house at #2, Ring-Road, Ibadan, Oyo state valued
at N10 million. I have a plot of land at Kuje, valued
at N5 million. I have a pair of shoes, valued at
N15,000. I have a wristwatch......" How do, you, yes YOU, authenticate that?
For your info,the duo have done their part by filling the neccessary form given to them by CCB,it's now left for CCB to subject their claims to thorough verification before it's made availble to the general public....all within 30days!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by anwo247: 12:30pm On May 31, 2015
Azo:
@OP is a bastardt and a moronica. How in the heavens does this article mean they have not declared their assets? After they already submitted the form prior to inauguration Attention seeking murther focker.

What Buhari and Osibanjo did is exactly what other past presidents have done. This is a mandatory declaration. Even GEJ did it also.

The Nigerian Constitution states in Chapter VI Section 140, that a person elected to the office of President shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in the Constitution.”

However, Buhair had promised to make it public but didn't.

In any case, we all know what Buhari worth is:- =N=1m and 150 cows. I'm not expecting any thing different from this or else, we would have been scammed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by anwo247: 12:34pm On May 31, 2015
Kunlexity:
......Olodo ni e,Now, do you expect the pair to hold a press-
conference and start saying, "...ehhmm... I have a
house at #2, Ring-Road, Ibadan, Oyo state valued
at N10 million. I have a plot of land at Kuje, valued
at N5 million. I have a pair of shoes, valued at
N15,000. I have a wristwatch......" How do, you, yes YOU, authenticate that?
For your info,the duo have done their part by filling the neccessary form given to them by CCB,it's now left for CCB to subject their claims to thorough verification before it's made availble to the general public....all within 30days!

Keep deceiving yourself and never try to think for yourself.

Be quoting procedures from your imagination and call it our law.

#Thrash

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Wildrage: 12:42pm On May 31, 2015
GoodGovernance:

You are actually the one misinforming the public.Asset declaration is not a precondition for swearing-in.

Also note that president Buhari did not promise to publicly declare his asset within 48hrs.What he had done was to firstly fulfill the constitutional provision:

140. (1) A person elected to the office of President shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this Constitution and he has taken and subscribed the Oath of Allegiance and the oath of office prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution.

Buhari can publicly declare his assets anytime after resuming office.He never gave a time frame.Even the late Yar'dua did his own about one month after!

Nigerians with impatience undecided

Two preconditions in the section you quoted
1) declaration of assets and liabilities

2) oath of office

You need to seek clarification/ guidiance from those who have better understanding of constitutional provisions before taking up the challenge of informing/educating others
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by PhockPhockMan: 12:44pm On May 31, 2015
midolian:
I used to think you are one of those in the opposition with good thinking. I am really disappointed, man.

Buhari and Osinbajo only submitted their forms..why not calm down to see what will happen next? The bureau is even yet to verify the items on the form. Giv em time..if you can't bear the heat of being in the opposition, fvck the hell outta this country instead of making a fool of yourself repeatedly.

On the issue of asset declaration, You can see Metuh's reaction as “No comment for now. These are early days. At the moment, we wish them well.”..Now, that is how to be in the opposition..CALM tha fvck down!

You so wish BUhari bad you can't wait for him to fail. Buh interestingly, you are failing a million times b4 he makes a mistake.
Are you telling me that Lai Mohammed would have waited for ages before re-acting?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by rigarmortis: 1:05pm On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

I have no Comments for a slowpoke like you and your alter ego, anonimi You need deliverance! grin grin grin

Its good you have no comment, keep quiet when elders are talking.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Azo(m): 1:07pm On May 31, 2015
anwo247:

What Buhari and Osibanjo did is exactly what other past presidents have done. This is a mandatory declaration. Even GEJ did it also.

The Nigerian Constitution states in Chapter VI Section 140, that a person elected to the office of President shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in the Constitution.”

However, Buhair had promised to make it public but didn't.

In any case, we all know what Buhari worth is:- =N=1m and 150 cows. I'm not expecting any thing different from this or else, we would have been scammed!

No hard feelings but stop being stewpid. How can someone that even though collects 10% of his entitlement from the government standing at 2Mill per month be worth 1Mill? Not talking of his farm. Pls show u have been to a secondary school at the least abeg?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by abbasajao(m): 1:10pm On May 31, 2015
Let me state categorically that I'm a die-hard fan of President Buhari but I am not subscribing to such a secret declaration of asset for the presidency. It's my and probably everyone's belief that president Buhari is one of the few who see nothing in accumulation of worldly things. Baba, please, for avoidance of doubt make your asset declared publicly.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 1:13pm On May 31, 2015
barcanista:
Why can't they declare their assets publicly even before inauguration? They had all the time back then. Well, Buhari made a public pledge to declare his asset....Nigerians are waiting
Promises mean everything but after they
are broken, sorry means nothing.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by PhockPhockMan: 1:19pm On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

1. Asset declaration: PMB declared his asset first to the CCB. He cannot just declare his asset on National Television first without first declaring to CCB and signing the asset declaration forms. It would be a breach of the constitution if he decides to do the latter first before doing the former. Kindly calm down and wait for him to declare his assets to the Nigerian people because it will surely happen.

2. Security: He has only been president for 48 hrs! He has made a Press statement already. We experienced a historic moment in our country's history and we must celebrate it. Boko Haram or no Boko Haram. PMB will defeat Boko Haram. Wish him well to do so for the interest of those endangered by them and for the survival of our country. To criticize him for celebrating the inauguration is nothing but foolishness! The declaration of citing the command headquarters for the war against boko haram wasn't presidential and assertive enough? Grow out of your foolishness before it consumes you!

3. Chibok girls: What the hell! I say what the hell! GEJ failed to act in the first 2 weeks of the kidnap, now the issue has become extremely complicated and you want him to tell you for certain that he will bring them back? No! He won't he never did. PMB only said that bringing back the girls will be priority and he will do his best to bring back our girls. Please stop this ridiculous claims and hate.

Finally, we must join hands to support this president. It is good to be a critic and keep the government in check, but there is no need being a foolish critic to gain cheap and foolish popularity.

Let us give PMB a chance. He has set the ball rolling in a country left destroyed by GEJ, and we must support him!

-CramJones

You really need brain Surgery .
@bolded,
Did you people gave GEJ chance to succeed, did you pray for him, did you join hands support him? Why do you expect us give to Buhari what you people didnt give GEJ? You're a dreamer.
It's disheartening to realize the high level of hate, hypocrisy and stupidity in you people.

So unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Realist2: 1:29pm On May 31, 2015
Chibex50:
Declaring their assets still won't solve our problems,
Just give us Peace in Nigeria, Dats most important

Crisis in the North is artificially created by them and peace will return soonest. By the way why is PMB and his vice not in State house now ?, *ok, they are obeying Prophet Suleiman prophecy, dem de fear death.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by PhockPhockMan: 1:36pm On May 31, 2015
jorlons:

Even Olisah Metuh is beginning to grow some sense and I wish the likes of barcanista who seems to be overzealous would follow suit. See what he said

I sincerely hope some of you will not end doing worse damage to the image of PDP than the card- carrying members. Imagine barcanista carrying out a launch attack on PMB for not issuing out a press statement condemning the attacks by BH, on the very same day he was inaugurated. When he knew how many visitors came that day and how events were lined up for the whole day.
Don't he have aids?

Abeg comot for road.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by bunmititi(f): 1:55pm On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

You really need brain Surgery .
@bolded,
Did you people gave GEJ chance to succeed, did you pray for him, did you join hands support him? Why do you expect us give to Buhari what you people didnt give GEJ? You're a dreamer.
It's disheartening to realize the high level of hate, hypocrisy and stupidity in you people.

So unfortunate

excellent writeup!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by bunmititi(f): 1:57pm On May 31, 2015
let us all join hands to force buhari and osinbanjo to declare their assests publicly!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by soldierdollar(m): 2:23pm On May 31, 2015
uprightman:
Don't be too fast to judge.He will do that on working day of the week. You know its weekend.

But he declared it "privately " on a weekend

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 31, 2015
Op, na wa for ur username o. i just dey confuse.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by adaxxy: 2:55pm On May 31, 2015
Una no no anything,this is just the beginning....mtcheew. undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

PDP's Reaction To Buhari Signing The Budget Of 2016 / "Buhari Is Truly Enyioma1 Of Igboland With The Quality Of Awka-Enugu Expressway" / Hajia Ramatu: Tinubu Pays Condolence Visit To The Minister Of State FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.