Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (40984 Views)

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by bknight: 9:58am On May 31, 2015
The arguments here are really funny.

You read people submitting invalid premises and deriving conclusions they hail as objective. Trying to sound intelligent, yet fill their posts with nothing but insults/personal attacks on anyone with opposing view and still claim to be objective.

In what I will hail as being neutral and objective, I'd say that GMB has declared his assets. But not publicly.

And to read somebody here said if anyone wants to know it, pay N100 to CCB and obtain it by invoking FOI. What ridicule!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Wildrage: 9:59am On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

Liar!
GEJ said he was FORCED to declare it to CCB in 2007, by his Principal, President Yar Ardua.
In 2009 and 2011, he refused to even declare it to CCB...... and said "I dont give a damn".

Are we surprised that his Govt was a monumental failure and epitome of Corruption?
Good riddance to bad Rubbish.

Let them make him Governor of Bayelsa state, if truly he is a good President! grin grin

Lastpage!

Please let's stop Misinforming the public, the constitution makes asset declaration a precondition for every public servant to be sworn in. GEJ declared his asset as a deputy gov, gov, vice president and later as president as constitutional precondition for him to exercise the powers in the various position he held. To say he was forced by anyone to do so is not only mischievous but stupid. He fulfilled what was legally required of him and to impute any motive or cast aspersion on his integrity for not going beyond the constitutional requirements is silly

I personally do not subscribe to forcing or demanding that public servants go beyond what is constitutionally required of them, if we want public declaration of assets, then we as Nigerians must demand for the constitutional provision concerning asset declaration to be amended to align with our aspirations. I believe the reason a lot of people are demanding for Buhari to make his assets declaration public is because he made a promise to go beyond the requirements of the law by giving the general public opportunity to have a glimpse of his worldly possession. This was done to bolster his image as an incorruptible man and endear him to the electorate. He owes the electorate the moral duty to fulfill his promise and I have no doubt he would fulfill the promise. Its too early for him to start losing the public trust

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Wildrage: 10:00am On May 31, 2015
bknight:

You read people submitting invalid premises and deriving conclusions they hail as objective. Trying to sound intelligent, yet fill their posts with nothing but insults/personal attacks on anyone with opposing view and still claim to be objective.

In what I will hail as being neutral and objective, I'd say that GMB has declared his assets. But not publicly.

And to read somebody here said if anyone wants to know it, pay N100 to CCB and obtain it by invoking FOI. What ridicule!

Very sound and objective, thanks
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nicepoker(m): 10:01am On May 31, 2015
oluwafemi113:
Bad bell people at work

Your plans won't work
reply like a sane being
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 10:02am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/
Hahaha . 4 years is a long time bro . You better start learning how to live with it .

Ntor
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 10:03am On May 31, 2015
bknight:

Don't mind him (Rawani), he thinks he can deceive Nairaland forum members.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 10:05am On May 31, 2015
Wildrage:

Please let's stop Misinforming the public, the constitution makes asset declaration a precondition for every public servant to be sworn in. GEJ declared his asset as a deputy gov, gov, vice president and later as president as constitutional precondition for him to exercise the powers in the various position he held. To say he was forced by anyone to do so is not only mischievous but stupid. He fulfilled what was legally required of him and to impute any motive or cast aspersion on his integrity for not going beyond the constitutional requirements is silly

I personally do not subscribe to forcing or demanding that public servants go beyond what is constitutionally required of them, if we want public declaration of assets, then we as Nigerians must demand for the constitutional provision concerning asset declaration to be amended to align with our aspirations. I believe the reason a lot of people are demanding for Buhari to make his assets declaration public is because he made a promise to go beyond the requirements of the law by giving the general public opportunity to have a glimpse of his worldly possession. This was done to bolster his image as an incorruptible man and endear him to the electorate. He owes the electorate the moral duty to fulfill his promise and I have no doubt he would fulfill the promise. Its too early for him to start losing the public trust
Bros you've earned my respect. You're the most objective guy I've come across in this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Wildrage: 10:13am On May 31, 2015
Emdee590:

God bless you a million bro ! What kind of hatred do we have for PMB like this ? Every nook and cranny wants him fail , abi if him change Nigeria positively , no be all of us go enjoynam ?

I tire with some people comment for here sha

It's too early for a pity party, you lots should keep encouraging him with your support while you allow the cynics continue to raise legitimate doubts, with time and in due course, he either win over the cynics or lose your supports, whichever way Nigeria would be better for it

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 10:13am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

-CramJones

Where were you when Jonathan was President?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 10:16am On May 31, 2015
APC .......One chance change!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by nkjohnson22: 10:22am On May 31, 2015
buhari,just declear ur asset publicly,we need to know how poor u are....thief.duara idiot.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by IYANGBALI: 10:23am On May 31, 2015
“President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If anyone is interested in knowing details of his asset worth, such a person can avail himself or herself of the use of Freedom of Information Act to seek the information from the bureau.” Meanwhile the law does not say it should be declared to the public,if you are interested in his assets declaration,go do the needful
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by IYANGBALI: 10:25am On May 31, 2015
nkjohnson22:
buhari,just declear ur asset publicly,we need to know how poor u are....thief.duara idiot.
“President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If anyone is interested in knowing details of his asset worth, such a person can avail himself or herself of the use of Freedom of Information Act to seek the information from the bureau.”
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by IYANGBALI: 10:26am On May 31, 2015
softysparky:
APC .......One chance change!
who is this tout?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 10:30am On May 31, 2015
Codyt:

How will buharis declaration of assets befit you? 0-10 real quick I need a reply. Ignoramus *hiss

I already said u don't know what's going on. buhari is claiming that he is poor, he said he even borrowed money from bank to buy presidential form and he claimed he will declare his assets n also force all his ministers to declare their assets if he is voted into power.

Now he's singing another song.

I urge all buhari supporters to brace themselves, because they will have to defend Sai baba one chance for a very long time. Now the clueless one has assumed power...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Wildrage: 10:31am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Bros you've earned my respect. You're the most objective guy I've come across in this thread.

Thanks Bros, hope I won't lose the respect once we have divergent views on any issue, that seems to be the tradition here grin
ShowYourCertificate:

Thanks Bros, hope I won't lose the respect once we have divergent views on any issue, that seems to be the tradition here

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 10:33am On May 31, 2015
Rawani:
Note the difference!
I hope you know CCB can sue FG and vice versa? They are both separate legal entities.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Gliding(m): 10:35am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Meaning what? Is it not the same weekend they submitted asset declaration form?
Why wait for working day to make it public?

The declarations they made will be verified by the code of conduct bureau before being made public. Check out what happened during the days of Yar'Adua as well.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 10:36am On May 31, 2015
lets wait for the coming weeks.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Aitee1: 10:36am On May 31, 2015
kelvyn7:
hmmm, na wa ooo grin

At 5am you were up on nairaland just to shine teeth undecided
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by horlabiyi(m): 10:41am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Meaning what? Is it not the same weekend they submitted asset declaration form?
Why wait for working day to make it public?
they need to doctor the declaration shii
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 10:44am On May 31, 2015
Wildrage:

Thanks Bros, hope I won't lose the respect once we have divergent views on any issue, that seems to be the tradition here grin
No you won't, as long as you remain objective in your response to issues. There are several nlers I respect despite our divergent views. When Barcanista was still with the APC, I still respected his objectivity in his comments. Other APC supporters I respect are Jarus, OAM4J and Nduchuks
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 10:50am On May 31, 2015
neocortex:

Why defending your masters failure, this is the second promise he will break, the first being the no first lady scam.
He promised to declare his assets publicly , but he went behind Nigerians to CCB.
A man that can't keep to his words....

Your idiocy is staggering.

In case you don't know, Aisha is the first lady and her children are the first children. If they had dogs, the dogs would be the first dogs. All these are just positions by virtue of their relationship to the president.

Now the issue is, Buhari will not let his wife run her position like an office the way Patience ran hers. That was what Baba promised. I don't know what is so hard to understand in all these.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Olupery(m): 10:51am On May 31, 2015
papoose999:
d same tin is happn nw my broda 48hours in office buhari has alrdy broke 2 of hs campaign promise

Hmmm.. PMB broke 2 campaign promises for your mind or saTAN'S mind?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by GoodGovernance: 10:54am On May 31, 2015
Wildrage:

You are actually the one misinforming the public.Asset declaration is not a precondition for swearing-in.

Also note that president Buhari did not promise to publicly declare his asset within 48hrs.What he had done was to firstly fulfill the constitutional provision:

140. (1) A person elected to the office of President shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this Constitution and he has taken and subscribed the Oath of Allegiance and the oath of office prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution.

Buhari can publicly declare his assets anytime after resuming office.He never gave a time frame.Even the late Yar'dua did his own about one month after!

Nigerians with impatience undecided
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 10:54am On May 31, 2015
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 10:56am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

1. Asset declaration: PMB declared his asset first to the CCB. He cannot just declare his asset on National Television first without first declaring to CCB and signing the asset declaration forms. It would be a breach of the constitution if he decides to do the latter first before doing the former. Kindly calm down and wait for him to declare his assets to the Nigerian people because it will surely happen.

2. Security: He has only been president for 48 hrs! He has made a Press statement already. We experienced a historic moment in our country's history and we must celebrate it. Boko Haram or no Boko Haram. PMB will defeat Boko Haram. Wish him well to do so for the interest of those endangered by them and for the survival of our country. To criticize him for celebrating the inauguration is nothing but foolishness! The declaration of citing the command headquarters for the war against boko haram wasn't presidential and assertive enough? Grow out of your foolishness before it consumes you!

3. Chibok girls: What the hell! I say what the hell! GEJ failed to act in the first 2 weeks of the kidnap, now the issue has become extremely complicated and you want him to tell you for certain that he will bring them back? No! He won't he never did. PMB only said that bringing back the girls will be priority and he will do his best to bring back our girls. Please stop this ridiculous claims and hate.

Finally, we must join hands to support this president. It is good to be a critic and keep the government in check, but there is no need being a foolish critic to gain cheap and foolish popularity.

Let us give PMB a chance. He has set the ball rolling in a country left destroyed by GEJ, and we must support him!

-CramJones
did you say BAN, God will punish your fvcktard life and may you never see good things again

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by olutunde12(m): 11:08am On May 31, 2015
uprightman:
Don't be too fast to judge.He will do that on working day of the week. You know its weekend.

You will wake up soon. So Nigeria is closed during weekend but the bereau, govt office is opened?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by talktimi(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

!
[s]I know that is the TANoid list up there! grin grin
Seems they have not recieved the May salary shocked shocked grin grin

Dolts like you ALWAYS...ALWAYS develop Amnesia of the highest order, just in your unending attempt to smear our dear President, Muhammadu Buhari.

First, that Buhari has declared his Assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) WITHIN 24hrs of his inauguration, is a major step forward.
His Vice has done the same.

Secondly, the number of that Asset Declaration form is stated PUBLICLY for all to see.
Now, if you are so much in a hurry to know the contents, simply avail of the FOI (Freedom of information) and REQUEST for it through the appropriate channels.
You wont be the first nor the last to do that.

But even even when Yar Ardua as President, made a Public declaration of his Assets, your Otuoke puppet never did his own "PUBLICLY"!
It is on record that when he was made substantive President, (after the death of Yar Ardua) as he was asked to make even the "official declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau, HE REFUSED TO DO SO!

When asked if h could not just do it to the CCB, as he has done in the past, he callously replied: I WAS FORCED TO DO IT!
That is your Otuoke kleptomaniac for you. A Treasury Looter to the bone.

Your hatred of Buhari (due to the booting out of your moronic Jonathan ...and rightly so!) should have subsided by now because there is nothing you can do about it. tongue tongue
You these foolish Children of "Gra-Gra", ANGER & HATE should sheath your sword...... Jonathan has been confined to the dustbin of history. Period!

So my advice: Get used to it, a New Sheriff is in town otherwise, go enter the Lagoon ASAP.

Long Live President Buhari, God will give you wisdom of Solomon, to the benefit of all Nigerians.

Lastpage![/s]
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by searay(m): 11:15am On May 31, 2015
Miner13:

Where your spec like this cool cool cool

Then continue searching grin grin grin
make I dey find am now
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by talktimi(m): 11:15am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
[s]Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

1. Asset declaration: PMB declared his asset first to the CCB. He cannot just declare his asset on National Television first without first declaring to CCB and signing the asset declaration forms. It would be a breach of the constitution if he decides to do the latter first before doing the former. Kindly calm down and wait for him to declare his assets to the Nigerian people because it will surely happen.

2. Security: He has only been president for 48 hrs! He has made a Press statement already. We experienced a historic moment in our country's history and we must celebrate it. Boko Haram or no Boko Haram. PMB will defeat Boko Haram. Wish him well to do so for the interest of those endangered by them and for the survival of our country. To criticize him for celebrating the inauguration is nothing but foolishness! The declaration of citing the command headquarters for the war against boko haram wasn't presidential and assertive enough? Grow out of your foolishness before it consumes you!

3. Chibok girls: What the hell! I say what the hell! GEJ failed to act in the first 2 weeks of the kidnap, now the issue has become extremely complicated and you want him to tell you for certain that he will bring them back? No! He won't he never did. PMB only said that bringing back the girls will be priority and he will do his best to bring back our girls. Please stop this ridiculous claims and hate.

Finally, we must join hands to support this president. It is good to be a critic and keep the government in check, but there is no need being a foolish critic to gain cheap and foolish popularity.

Let us give PMB a chance. He has set the ball rolling in a country left destroyed by GEJ, and we must support him!

-CramJones[/s]
Berem or Beremx or cramjones or whatever you call yourself you're a disgraceful hypocrite no insult intended I'm just stating facts
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 11:16am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones
did you say BAN, God will punish your fvcktard life and may you never see good things again .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari To Igbo Leaders: 7 Northern States Produced Junior Ministers But / Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria / EndSARS: Court Orders Police To Probe Davido, Wizkid, Falz, Tiwa Savage, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.