Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (41004 Views)

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Mcowubaba: 7:41am On May 31, 2015
I call this News- FOOD for TAN cheesy
But seriously....PMB this is not what you Promised us oooooo...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ednut1(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
dddd
agbaya

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by generaluthman: 7:41am On May 31, 2015
E no matter much
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ki02020(m): 7:43am On May 31, 2015
Nigerians will always complain.....you ask them to declare and they did......how they did it should be no case

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by philips70(m): 7:45am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

That's if Buhari and Osinbajo permits?

Did you call their lines and they told you they have warned CCB not to try it? The law says 48hrs after swearing in and they did this a day before just to meet up that requirement. I will be disappointed also if they are not made public but they have not even resumed work. Yar'Adua declared his assets publicly 28 days after swearing in.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by blackpanda: 7:47am On May 31, 2015
Some people do not understand the meaning of asset declaration. It doesnt mean you should take microphone and start announcing to the world how much you own. No president in the world does that!

You declare assets by filling the appropriate forms in CCB. Once filled, it becomes a matter of public knowledge. Anybody can apply to CCB to see the contents. It is not for the president or vice to publish same in news paper. Thats not his job!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 7:47am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

1. Asset declaration: PMB declared his asset first to the CCB. He cannot just declare his asset on National Television first without first declaring to CCB and signing the asset declaration forms. It would be a breach of the constitution if he decides to do the latter first before doing the former. Kindly calm down and wait for him to declare his assets to the Nigerian people because it will surely happen.
Will you keep your mouth shut!

Did you read Garba Shehu's comment? He said Buhari has already fulfilled his public assets declaration promise. They think they can deceive us into believing that assets declaration to the CCB tantamounts to public assets declaration. Now they know better grin

21 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by udy4real(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2015
All dis APC erats won't comment now

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by philips70(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2015
Mcowubaba:
If all this Stories(rumour) are TRUE about this Woman...(Which I doubt)
If I am PMB; I will make sure I look into her matter....because from all the stories(if the r true o) I am hearing, she seems to be exceptionally scared which indirectly means she is exceptionally Corrupt cheesy...
I wish her well thoughsad!!!

How did you end up commenting on the issue from another thread on this thread?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by jorlons(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Meaning what? Is it not the same weekend they submitted asset declaration form?
Why wait for working day to make it public?

Even Olisah Metuh is beginning to grow some sense and I wish the likes of barcanista who seems to be overzealous would follow suit. See what he said

Metuh said, "no comments for now" these are early days, we wish them well.

I sincerely hope some of you will not end doing worse damage to the image of PDP than the card- carrying members. Imagine barcanista carrying out a launch attack on PMB for not issuing out a press statement condemning the attacks by BH, on the very same day he was inaugurated. When he knew how many visitors came that day and how events were lined up for the whole day.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Ujupsy: 7:49am On May 31, 2015
Yar a dua declared his publicly,the only honest man I know for now may his soul rest in peace ,this people have plan let the change begin with them

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by blackpanda: 7:50am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Its not his job to publish his assets in newspaper. His duty ends at filling the appropriate forms in CCB. If you want to knw the contents, anybody can apply as a matter of public record
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nellybii: 7:50am On May 31, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:
Chai!
This is unacceptable.
They promised that they'll declare the said asset publicly but now they have done is secretly.

We needed to know how poor Buhari is and also how rich he will be while leaving office.

Irresponsibility in the highest order.

This is so funny.
How poor was GEJ..at the beginning of his tenure and how rich did he become at the end of his Tenure.? You people have no work. You will soon get tired of this unnecessary childish noises you make all in an attempt to play opposition.
You have a long way to go and you really need to learn how to be opposition.
You are sore losers and nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by howfarwhatagwan: 7:50am On May 31, 2015
Theirs is to declare and consent to it been made public and the Bureau will do so have any of you requested the Bureau to make it public and they declined? ... I feel sorry for the past Government supporters you guys are simply unpatriotic instead of looking forward to Nigeria moving forward you are busy looking for loopholes in the New Government and whining all over the place because your candidate did not win? please grow up...

This continued support for a glaringly INCOMPETENT past Government is pure madness....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 7:53am On May 31, 2015
blackpanda:
Some people do not understand the meaning of asset declaration. It doesnt mean you should take microphone and start announcing to the world how much you own. No president in the world does that!

You declare assets by filling the appropriate forms in CCB. Once filled, it becomes a matter of public knowledge. Anybody can apply to CCB to see the contents. It is not for the president or vice to publish same in news paper. Thats not his job!
Bros let me educate you. Assets declaration with the CCB isn't public knowledge. The CCB can't reveal the information to anyone, not even the courts unless CCB takes the case to the courts. So that's why Nigerians are reacting this way.

For your information, Jonathan declared his assets to the CCB in 2011 but Nigerians weren't satisfied because Yar Adua went further to declare his publicly.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Mcowubaba: 7:53am On May 31, 2015
philips70:

How did you end up commenting on the issue from another thread on this thread?
Na d weed I take yesterday...
The thing never clear properly cheesy smiley
M still getting myself....

Mehn, this Indonesia weed na die...no wonder d people wey dem catch d sell am, na die too grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ayindejimmy(m): 7:54am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umaru_Musa_Yar'Adua
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Rawani: 7:55am On May 31, 2015
The assets were declared on a weekend, less than 48 hours after inauguration and 24 hours before the next business day. Furthermore, the asset declaration forms are available to anyone interested at the CCB on payment of N100 and choose to publish the contents for Nigerians.

As many have testified, the quality of this opposition which otherwise should be robust and intelligent, has been compromised by the overbearing feelings of frustration, disbelief and sheer helplessness at the victory of their most hated General, that has tinted their lens of objectivity and rationality, unfortunately so. We encourage other members of this forum to rise and form a formidable opposition that offers bile free rational criticism which will keep the ruling party on its toes.

I am glad that President Buhari has elevated the benchmark for governance above the mediocrity of Jonathan's administration, and more is expected from him; a successful litmus test of the progress of our nascent democracy.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by 0merta(m): 7:55am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

-CramJones

I was the first to like your post but I disagree with you on the issue of insulting the office of the President online.

I'm very sure you never hesitated in insulting ex-president GEJ anytime he goofed.

Please, allow Nigerians to vent their anger and frustrations anyhow they wish even if it means insulting PMB's mother's Pusssy. You think it's easy surviving in this country of ours?

Meanwhile, I'm sure the declaration of assets of the President and his vice would be released to the press sometimes next week. I'm very confident of that.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by hilary26(m): 7:56am On May 31, 2015
Chibex50:
Declaring their assets still won't solve our problems,
Just give us Peace in Nigeria, Dats most important

See a typical house wife reasoning. So-far-as-money-for-food-deh-come

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ayindejimmy(m): 7:56am On May 31, 2015
It's too early to hastenly conclude. It took Yaradua a month to declare publicly. Moreover, it's weekend.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by hilary26(m): 7:57am On May 31, 2015
realtestament:
Dis new government needs more prayers...instead of raining abuses let's go on our knees and pray.

Go to sleep. Na prayers go make am follow his manifesto and be responsible.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by anonimi: 7:58am On May 31, 2015
uprightman:
Don't be too fast to judge.He will do that on working day of the week. You know its weekend.

Na so e dey do person wey dem do am 419 scam. E dey hard to realise and admit sey dem do am mugu grin grin

Perhaps a correct, well-placed slap might remove the hypnotic effect of the change jazz for una sense cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2459043_2079548imagesjpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71_jpeg5f96f80cca927759e01b260746a7f32b

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by free2ryhme: 7:58am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

Sometimes choice of language matters. GEJ explained why he felt public declarations should be discouraged, after declaration with CCB required by the constitution. It was during his explanation the famous 'I don't give a damn' was made. Exactly what he and his vice did, was what the present duo just did which is the only the constitutional requirement. Still on record, only Yar'dua and reluctantly his vice did go more than the requirements. The only CHANGE thus for now is that the present have not said 'I don't give a damn'. Maybe after presidential media chart, if any in future, and the same question is asked, we can then ascertain the degree of CHANGE they brought to this area.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by anwo247: 7:59am On May 31, 2015
Hehehehehe

That's it.

#BabaOneChance
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ideykwum: 7:59am On May 31, 2015
We are not surprised! I never believed that sworn poverty mantra! They said he had only two houses (but I knew at least 3 of them) and now, they say he has only two...two in Kaduna (one for guests) and one in Daura (a bungalow).

The one in Malali where the kids from the first wife live, is supposedly the one for "visitors"...or are the kids visitors? Maybe it's actually 4? Who knows!

PhockPhockMan:

Those who believe Buhari is not corrup can also believe that my mother is a virgin.

Barcanista, talktimi, anonimi, Truckpusher, Mogidi, Altwireless, Dearpreye, temitemi1, Sunnybobo3, brownlord.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by hucienda: 8:00am On May 31, 2015
wow... the heat is already on the new administration- barely two days in.

At this rate, guess Monday will greet us with un(der-)employed youths ringing the bells of 5k/month and kids in public schools going from home with empty plates for free meals... People no dey happy o.. lol.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by jude33084(m): 8:00am On May 31, 2015
shocked
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Chibex50(f): 8:00am On May 31, 2015
hilary26:

See a typical house wife reasoning. So-far-as-money-for-food-deh-come
lolzzzzz..... Only for food? What abt the money i asked u for the other time?? Winkz
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by olasmith10(m): 8:00am On May 31, 2015
i think d media is just too fast to conclude on a sensitive issue..Buhari just followed d constitution, a public declaration of assets cldnt ve emerged during a non working day..D week has started, am very optimistic that it ll be made known to d public anytime from now.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by philips70(m): 8:00am On May 31, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Na d weed I take yesterday...
The thing never clear properly cheesy smiley
M still getting myself....

Mehn, this Indonesia weed na die...no wonder d people wey dem catch d sell am na die to grin

Welcome back from Kuma-si, Indo-nesia and Igbo-mina but make sure you don't go to Colo-mbia.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by anonimi: 8:01am On May 31, 2015
free2ryhme:

Sometimes choice of language matters. GEJ explained why he felt public declarations should be discouraged, after declaration with CCB required by the constitution. It was during his explanation the famous 'I don't give a damn' was made. Exactly what he and his vice did, was what the present duo just did which is the only the constitutional requirement. Still on record, only Yar'dua and reluctantly his vice did go more than the requirements. The only CHANGE thus for now is that the present have not said 'I don't give a damn'. Maybe after presidential media chart, if any in future, and the same question is asked, we can then ascertain the degree of CHANGE they brought to this area.

Should we be happy their change will only be in the use of WORDS and NOT in their deeds and action

See original FRAUD as e dey start cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photos Of Air Force Helicopters Providing Cover Over Abuja-Kaduna Highway / Civilian JTF Beheads 41 Boko Haram Fighters / Cameroon Residents Repel Boko Haram Attack, Chase Terrorists Into Nigeria.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.