Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (41009 Views)

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lastpage: 8:53am On May 31, 2015
rigarmortis:

Rubbish, GEJ also declared to CCB, which Buhari has just done, the only difference is that buhari promised to make his own public, in the spirit of change, not that its too big a deal though, but if he breaks this promise, then how many others a lined up for breaking, we already know that the 5k for unemployed youths is a mirage.

Another thing is the poverty cloak, maybe his public declaration will make mince meat of all that.

Liar!
GEJ said he was FORCED to declare it to CCB in 2007, by his Principal, President Yar Ardua.
In 2009 and 2011, he refused to even declare it to CCB...... and said "I dont give a damn".

Are we surprised that his Govt was a monumental failure and epitome of Corruption?
Good riddance to bad Rubbish.

Let them make him Governor of Bayelsa state, if truly he is a good President! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Petitediva14(f): 8:54am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Bros it's a pity you believed the lie Rawani posted there. The CCB has NEVER released their public record to the public because of the terms and conditions concerning such. That was why Yar Adua went an extra step by declaring his assets public even after declaring it with the CCB. That's what we want Buhari to do.

So that you can do what with it?! Smh for all of you..... No amount of anti-venom can destroy the huge amount of venom in your veins. Don't go and find something better to do with your time.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by charlesucheh(m): 8:54am On May 31, 2015
momentum85:
It beats my imagination how people over rate Buhari, he'll do like every other politician. Yes! His past leadership? Military and civilian era is like oil in/and water.
But a trial isn't that bad. Would you have wanted us to continue in GEJ's style? Omo! Na death for get us oooO!!!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Mogidi: 8:54am On May 31, 2015
February 20th
[size=13pt]I will declare my assets publicly[/size]-Buhari

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Firefire(m): 8:54am On May 31, 2015
Uncletony:

Under age voter..underage nairalander!!...go brush ur teeth small rat!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin chai!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lawallawal86(m): 8:54am On May 31, 2015
Things should be done in the right way we can't just jump in to conclusion, its to early for that, giving baba spiritual,moral and physical support will be the best for know.

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 8:55am On May 31, 2015
Chibex50:
Declaring their assets still won't solve our problems,
Just give us Peace in Nigeria, Dats most important

u don't even understand what s going on. Please stay close to the news at all times.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by 9jatatafo(m): 8:56am On May 31, 2015
PMB already said he has a little above a million naira in his bank account and when he leaves office, he will have a little above 1 trillion naira. All na wash as we know as e dey go.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by erico2k2(m): 8:56am On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

So a "Doctor/Client" or "Lawyer/Client" relationship is on the same pedestal as that of the President, who is a public Servant?
Has anyone or any LAW ever requested a Doctor or LAwyer to declare his Assets with the CCB?

Some of you are so goddam ignorant yet you come online to "form educated"! grin grin grin grin

Get-off your high horse because you are just a silly Gala street hawker with a Techno-phone and free Megabyte!

.......And you have the effrontery to be insulting somebody? Infradig!

Lastpage!
My guy I tire for some poeple,imagine trying to compel a private individual to FOI bill, someone who aint accountable to the public. and they call people names saying we are ignorant of this discussion na wah anyway their credit go soon finish or NEPA go take light and intellect will be here discussing as usual. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Rawani: 8:56am On May 31, 2015
erico2k2:

That information would be deemed classified we get that, how about the non classified ones like how much he PMB has in the bank b4 the mantle of leadership? should that not be available under the FOI bill?

It is available and the agency is required by law to grant such requests. The insincere nature of the past government is what made the CCB seem uncooperative. Believe me, this week you will know what your President earns. Quote me if you don't.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 8:56am On May 31, 2015
neocortex:

And your reply stink with stupidity, if you know what "office of first lady" means as you claim simply explain it, but I doubt you have any clue ,because it is your type that base their arguments on hearsay.
You are better of commenting in the romance and fashion threads not on intelligent section of politics.

This is what people do when they have nothing meaningful to say. They resort to insults.
Go and read abeg, no shame in admitting your mistakes.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Codyt(m): 8:58am On May 31, 2015
Nigerians and lack of patience. How delusional some of us can be. Barely 3days after the inauguration! Buhari is open to criticisms. And If he decides to declare publicly next week, hypocrites kill yourself. Let's allow GMB solve the most pertinent issues of the country.

Yesterday he was criticised for allowing his daughter dress differently. Today he's been criticised for the inability to declare assets publicly. Nigerians what do you want? Same way Jonathan started and got clueless. We all made him clueless!!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Uncletony(m): 8:58am On May 31, 2015
Firefire:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin chai!

U shud be playing mud bungalow with amina. tongue
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by OchukoisBlack(m): 8:58am On May 31, 2015
Read this

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by charlesucheh(m): 8:59am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Its a lie! The President and his vice has not fulfilled any promise. These guys have started deceiving us right from the onset of their government. Declaring one's assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau isn't a public declaration of assets. This is because the public don't have access to the information even if the FoI bill is invoked. The CCB is under oath to keep the assets information confidential. That was why Yar Adua still went ahead to declare his assets publicly even after submitting his assets declaration form to the CCB.

It's so sad that the Buhari's government has already started deceiving us this early sad. The WASC Certificate deceit still comes to mind sad grin

[size=25pt]#BabaOneChance
#BuhariShowYourCertificate
[/size]
hah! This one is a staunch PDP supporter oO!!! See the way the guy is just expressing frustration any how!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by racino: 8:59am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Did you read Garba Shehu's comment? He said Buhari has already fulfilled his electoral promise of public assets declaration. You need to re-read Garba Shehu's comment.
Garba Shehu may soon lose his job because I'm sure Baba never authorised this statement.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Dekatron(m): 8:59am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
[b]Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned[/b[
You are MAD and a certified Fvcktard,hypocrite and fvckboy for that statement.

All we have been saying, is it up to 0.000000001% of all you APC devils said to GEJ? If mods should ban then,all you idio.ts would have been caged - NL would have been peaceful. What happened to FOI? Wasn't that why you people insulted GEJ like hell?? So, Buhari is untouchable. Again, Mr Man, you are a fool. Bloody one o

Next time you type shi.it, use ur brain.

Oponu Ayirada . . . . So what you did to GEJ is praise him? Fools.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 8:59am On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

Please make such "Terms and Conditions" available for us to read here.
Just post the link and we would do the rest. undecided undecided

We cannot continue to argue on "rumors" or "them say" levels.

...At least his own posting is backed by links and quotes we can verify.
Let us have yours.

We are waiting.

Lastpage!
The terms and conditions hasn't been drafted! That's the problem!

Read this excerpt by the boss of CCB:

"The National Assembly should enact an Act prescribing the terms and conditions under which the Bureau could make assets declared by public officers available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria as provided for in paragraph 3(c) of the Third Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999.”

I recommend you click on this link :

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/why-we-cant-reveal-jonathans-assets-declaration-form-ccb/
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Firefire(m): 9:00am On May 31, 2015
racino:

Garba Shehu may soon lose his job because I'm sure Baba never authorised this statement.

We shall see...
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by SirFrank1477: 9:00am On May 31, 2015
No disrespect to anyone please,but Most of us here do not know the essence of freedom of Information Act promulgated by Dr Jonathan.why Yaradua made his Assets public was cos their is no freedom of Information Act inforce then,and so he made his assets public cos that was the only way the public can have a view o it,if u want to have a record of Buhari assest u write to the code of conduct for a copy of it and it will be made available to you by virtue of the freedom of Information Act.that is the essence of freedom of Information Act.so please try and get it right before you come here to post things online for people to read.stop misleading some people with your half knowlegde of what is on ground. Buhari have not failed,he fulfilled what he promised,he even said in his first 100days in office,but he just declared in 2days in office.thats a good one .

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by tsdarkside(m): 9:01am On May 31, 2015
make them this ones dont even start...with their uselessness here...WE WANT TO KNOW,WHAT IS YOURS OR NOT...OR ELSE GET LOST.... angry angry angry
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 9:01am On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

Liar!
GEJ said he was FORCED to declare it to CCB in 2007, by his Principal, President Yar Ardua.
In 2009 and 2011, he refused to even declare it to CCB...... and said "I dont give a damn".

Are we surprised that his Govt was a monumental failure and epitome of Corruption?
Good riddance to bad Rubbish.

Let them make him Governor of Bayelsa state, if truly he is a good President! grin grin

Lastpage!
Ignorance is a disease.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Codyt(m): 9:02am On May 31, 2015
chuna1985:

u don't even understand what s going on. Please stay close to the news at all times.
How will buharis declaration of assets befit you? 0-10 real quick I need a reply. Ignoramus *hiss
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by richidinho(m): 9:02am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Hmmmmmmmm

This idea of opening a thread and still occupy a plot enough to build another Ota farm

Diarris Godoo
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Flashh: 9:03am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Hmmmmmmmm
Why are you so daft?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by BlackHuman(m): 9:03am On May 31, 2015
rigarmortis:

Mr man sit your ignorant a55 down when people with higher intellect are engaged in a verbal joust.

Declaring to the CCB is the minimum requirement, but during his well documented campaigns he said he would do so publicly like Yaradua did even after declaring to the CCB.

We dont want to know how many shoes or boxers he has, we want him to make his ASSETS public knowledge.

I am not infering that he wont do that, but by this singular act, he is yet to do so, declaring to CCB is confidential, you can only obtain it by court injunction, to pursue a case of corrupt enrichment and the likes, its like saying because there is FOI you can get a lawyer/client discourse, or doctor/patient, or priest/confessor statements.

Now, do you know what assets mean, pls refer to your JSS 1 business studies textbook if you dont.
Well, he just resumed office last week friday...So there's still more than enough time to do it publicly. Besides work-Proper starts on monday in dis country. Friday was a public holiday. Saturday and Sunday are weekends.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Olupery(m): 9:03am On May 31, 2015
papoose999:
dude so calln jona a clueless presdnt, Jonathan a slowpoke calln hs wyf shepopotamous nd all sort of names is nt an insult?

If he had delivered on his promises at least well above average I trust Nigerians they won't stick calling him and his wife such names you mentionéd..

Even you, I mean yourself enjoy calling him by such names. Atleast you could remember 80% of such names. grin
papoose999:
dude so calln jona a clueless presdnt, Jonathan a slowpoke calln hs wyf shepopotamous nd all sort of names is nt an insult?

If he had delivered on his promises at least well above average I trust Nigerians they won't stick calling him and his wife such names you mentionéd..

Even you, I mean yourself enjoy calling him by such names. Atleast you could remember 80% of such names.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by EMANY01(m): 9:03am On May 31, 2015
modath:
TANoids are a special breed!! What is code of conduct bureau if its not a public forum Your hero's singular legacy is FOI, use it!!

He made a promise and he has kept his words, Yar'adua made his public declaration almost a month into his regime, 2 days and the knives and daggers are already out!!!.

PMB will do the needful, he knows we his unwavering and die hard fans expect it.

The reason Olisa Metuh has nothing negative to say is because he knows he will have his nose bruised over such a non issue.

You all are like crickets, all you can do is chirp in the DARK, it will amount to nothing!!

The article also mentioned that PMB and PYO have not moved into the villa yet, I hope that is not a cause for bellyaches for una? undecided

You do know that Jonathan declared his assets to the CCB having done that, he reserved the right to not make a public declaration nothing illegal about that .All of you demonized him for reserving that right now you are using the same defense.The hypocrisy of people is stunning sometimes.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lastpage: 9:04am On May 31, 2015
papoose999:
we all knw mrs jonathan made d first lady luk official i mean rily official whch is nt supposd 2 b dts y buhari tactically used it in hs campaign promise 2 scrap off d office of d first lady but now mrs aisha has an official portrait mrs aisha has also closd down her beauty salon all cos she now has an official job

Stop making-up STORIES Mr. Man! It is just showing us how ignorant you are!.

Having an "official Portrait" which is the work of photographers, does not mean you have created an office for yourself.

Are you not the same people criticizing Buhari for not bringing Aisha (his wife) to the Presidential Dinner, a few day ago?
It is too obvious that "You people are full of HATRED and ANGER"!

That she closed down her Boutique may be due to the fact that she has to be with her husband in Aso Rock and cant attend to it as required or where did you read it that she has performed any state function?

Also, whether PMB has a first Lady or not, is not anyone's headache as long as she does not behave in such rambacious, disgraceful manner .....and does not open her mouth to spew the same trash like Patience Jonathan use to do.

Already, we are seeing that there is a whole ocean of difference between this two women.

If properly harnessed by a decent woman, the office of the first lady can be beneficial to all, as we have seen in the case of the well-respected case of Mrs Obama.

It is only when you have stark illiterates like Patience Jonathan, who are completely out of control by their impotent husband, occupying that role, that it becomes an embarrassment to the whole nation.

Lastpage!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ki02020(m): 9:05am On May 31, 2015
papoose999:
guy dey nvr scam u b4 abi..atleast we av d info smhwr wia my broda..all na scam...if buhari wnts 2 b honest wit hs promise he shud mk it public mk d two of us c everytin dt way it wud b hard 4 dem 2 steal tins d way pple in power steal

The question is are these infos not accessible when the need arise.....Good morning pls let move on and pray the new govt take us to reqired level
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 9:05am On May 31, 2015
Rawani:

The Constitution and FOI Act are a lie? My goodness.
Please click on this link:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/why-we-cant-reveal-jonathans-assets-declaration-form-ccb/
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Firefire(m): 9:05am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
The terms and conditions hasn't been drafted! That's the problem!

Read this excerpt by the boss of CCB:

I recommend you click on this link :

Can you imagine, the Bureau said one of the greatest challenges it was facing, includes unwillingness of the public to provide it with critical information by way of petitions, whistle-blowing.

How can their be petition or whistle-blowing when the public are not even aware of the content of the 'secret' declaration ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yul Edochie Congratulates President Tinubu And VP Shettima / Man Wears 'Lives Are Better With Atiku' Clothe And Cap (Photos) / Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.