Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You (32445 Views)

Eight Strange Things Most Women Do When They Like You But Won't Admit / If She Does This, She Doesn't Like You Shikena!!!! / Bisi Alimi, His Mum And His Fiance Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Swagk101(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
amokeme:
I can't make my boyfriend's mum like me.. I Am not even going to put any extra effort. I'll just be myself. If she doesn't like me, or if she thinks I am not good enough for her son..., she must have her reasons. I'll just respect myself and leave both of them sad
Tho u're wearin a nerd's glasses on ur profile, with d first line of dis statement u are a devoted OLOSHO grin
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by tohpahz(f): 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
WarRLaY:
... bae I can make you famous in real life

Thanks but no Thanks angry
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Swagk101(m): 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
I'm allowinq any form of closeness between my mum and my wife.. now with a qirlfriend that can Bleep up anytime.
Badt guy
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by tohpahz(f): 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
benedictac:

for you to enjoy ur relationship/marriage? YES

I don't need my mother inlaw to enjoy my marriage..
I need me nd my husby..
No third party needed smiley

Although it's an added advantage wen she likes mi.. but i can't force or mk her like mi.. !

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by tohpahz(f): 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
terzurum5:

Don't guys do better things than this to show love. What a funny world, where all commitments are believed to be undertaken by men alone.
Any lady that will not respect my parents has no business with me PERIOD.
**This world is evil**

Did u read my comment nd the topic itself..
They said, how to mk her like d gal.. not that the gal isn't respectful to d mom..
I can't mk my mother inlaw like mi.
It's her choice to.not my duty..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by NobleG1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
mistabiola:

Everything was going well until you stated;

5. Do not interfere in family matters or conversations, unless you are invited to.

Is she not a part of the family? She has right to speak her mind in all the family matters if she wishes to do so. A wife is a family member and shouldn't be treated differently in the family. Her mother-in-law should treat her as her daughter. Her sister-in-law and brother-in-law should treat her like their sister.

It's unfortunate that most Nigerians treat their wives as slaves or housemaids. We're in 2015 not 1815!

EDIT: I kinda jumped the gun here. You were talking about girlfriend not wife. My bad. wink
Although, in some cases, when a girlfriend is very close to boyfriend's family, they may take her as part of the family.
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Cutehector:
wats d bad advice abt pretendin to be a good girl?

It's not good to pretend..... Some sharp mothers can easily guess it, especially those ones that have done the same thing when they were young...... It takes a thief to catch a thief....... So its better if she behaves normally.

#TEAM SCENT
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Bollinger(m): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
tohpahz:
Lol. All these. Just to make her like u.. na wa o..

Exactly. Just be yourself. If you are a good person it will show naturally. My wife did not have to work for anything; my mum and every person I know loves her. It's kinda weird. You can't hide character. it'll eventually show.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Fundango: 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
my advice is just try to be camelion or hawoniyar in nature as my hausa brazzer used to say and u shall be save.shikenan
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
mtcheew.. that's if she even know my real house sef..
see this rookie that just joined NL on may 31st this year. You are now smarting around,shey? Na u go tire
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Realtol(m): 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
SMH.. you are investinq on a project.. the chance of losinq and qaininq is 50-50, will you take your return home without earninq it? especially when profit is not quaranteed. You can't judqe me bro coz you're not Me. I do my thinq loqically.
Bro, does alphabet G offend you?
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by laykhorn(m): 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
A qirl breakinq my heart don't shock me.. because i always expect it and i don't raise my expectations to hiqh to end up beinq dissapointed.. what hurts me is not her infidelity but her attempt at infidelity.
Quam! Relax, she dey somewhere probably with another ni.gger and you're bitter. Pele!
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Sike(m): 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
All mothers ain't the same
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by laykhorn(m): 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
NobleG1:

Everything was going well until you stated;

Is she not a part of the family? She has right to speak her mind in all the family matters if she wishes to do so. A wife is a family member and shouldn't be treated differently in the family. Her mother-in-law should treat her as her daughter. Her sister-in-law and brother-in-law should treat her like their sister.

It's unfortunate that most Nigerians treat their wives as slaves or housemaids. We're in 2015 not 1815!
Eeeeeh! This calls for celebration. Noble! You finally resurrected
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by focus7: 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
You mean to urn her to a thin god because you have to marry a man that his type does not exist. Op you miss, don't turn yourself to desperado because you will marry. As much as I agree with respecting a mother inlaw, I am of the opinion that respect should mutual. Mother inlaws should learn to respect the place of another lady in their son's life, they are mother to the men some other ladies will have to be wives wives to these men and they should allow them to play their roles properly without interference or poke nosing, then the ladies also will learn to respect their place as mother inlaws, enough of witchcrafting from the so caall mother inlaws.
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by nkemdi89(f): 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
What of spoiling her with gifts and giving her money to let her know you are not one of those broke girls chasing after her son for whatever he has or to prove to her that you can take care of her grand kids by assisting in putting food on the table too. All women love money and gifts irrespective of their age.
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Eberex(m): 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
All the points are null and void. The moment the mother sets eye on his boyfriend. Its either two things: she likes her or not. If its the former then d gal can relax and won't get bothered if she does some of the above points, but if its d latter....hmm e go hard o!
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by emzila(m): 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
IF ALL THESE ARE FOR THE WOMAN TO LIKE THE BABE, THAT MEANS THE RULES FOR THE GUY TO LIKE D BABE GO BIG PASS MY LECTURER, CHIME'S MATHS TEXT BOOK BI THAT.
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by terzurum5(m): 3:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
TrishaP:

Definitely respect, loyalty and humility has to be the number one thing.... Those steps seem true to me but it'll appear odd if one fakes all that just to be loved. I think it's best one should be his/herself completely and everything will fall in place. Let them see you for who you are and not trying to be something you can't be.
You are on point ma. I sounded this way because looking at some few responses above, I perceived that some ladies just have this wrong believe, that its only the guy who should respect her parents and not the other way round. But I see it as a responsibility for both parties. besides, respect begets respect. Any lady that has been properly groomed to respect her own parents and people generally should never find it a difficult task to do same to her mother inlaw.
#YouCan'tGiveWhatYouDon'tHave#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by terzurum5(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
tohpahz:

Did u read my comment nd the topic itself..
They said, how to mk her like d gal.. not that the gal isn't respectful to d mom..
I can't mk my mother inlaw like mi.
It's her choice to.not my duty..
Thanks for calling me to order. I was actually carried away by some funny coments above that preceded the actual post.
#AmHumbled#

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by octopusfreaky(f): 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
DeeTus:
OP, that reminds me something. Some years back, there was this girl who came to my house to see my brother but unfortunately for her my mom was around. And asked her who she was looking for? she murmured my brother.

My mom asked her what was her relationship with my brother? She said my brother is her boyfriend. My mother became upset and said, young girl, will you leave my son alone? You aren't his future wife. More over, he's still in school and will not be getting married so soon.

While i was up watching the whole drama and laughing. My mom said young girls nowadays will not read their bible, only to go out and look for boys.

I laughed so hard cheesy cheesy cheesy then told my mom someone is coming to see me too. Hope you will not be harsh to her?. cheesy cheesy
Lolzzz
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by terzurum5(m): 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
Realtol:

Bro, does alphabet G offend you?
Buhaha
HAHAHIETEd
bUhaha
HAHAHIETeD
buHaha
HAHAHIEtED
buhAha
HAHAHIeTED
buhaHa
HAHAHiETED
buhahA
**You wicked**
hahahieted
Let me laff in KWAMATOKYOYAHAMAYAMAHAZUNYONGCHENGINCHUYONG.
Pls don't quote me if you can't read because 'you no pay my school fees' ::''''....*smiles''''*
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
mistabiola:
Hmmmm! This is one of the hardest part for most ladies. For some, the relationship flow comes naturally.

Dear, instead of worrying about how to get his mother to love you or giving up totally, learn these tips.

The truth is that both of you love and want the best for the same person, and that is a plus.

1. Do not try to take her place or become her rival.

2. Always thank her and let her know you appreciate her efforts in bringing up her fine young man.

3. Never report her boy to her.

4. Always praise him where she is.

5. Do not interfere in family matters or conversations, unless you are invited to.

6. Understand what she loves and show interest in it.

7. Ask her questions about herself, her experience raising her wonderful son.

8. Always offer to do dishes after a meal together.

9. Get gifts for her.

10. Shower her with praise and compliments.

Above all, you must understand that mothers can see through deceit quickly. You will put yourself in her bad book, if you pretend.

http://abiolainfo..com/2015/06/relationship-how-to-make-your-boyfreind.html?m=1

The hustle is real!

So it has sunken this low
We are now down to boyfriend's mother?
How many people here know their boyfriend has a mother let alone wanting to meet her
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by NobleG1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
laykhorn:

Eeeeeh! This calls for celebration. Noble! You finally resurrected

Why the celebration? Did I contradict myself? You probably don't know me.
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by SuzieeDee(f): 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
that's for a social and understanding kind of mother.... some of them eh, even if u cut ur right hand for dem.. Chai dey will still envy u...
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by chiberry123(f): 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
Really? That's good
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by ogehomes(f): 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
BOYFRIEND?
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Menace2Society(m): 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
youmour:
I only came here to read lies grin..im never getting married
Chai this is my man!We in the same boat buddy never getting married never
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by TrishaP(f): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2015
terzurum5:

You are on point ma. I sounded this way because looking at some few responses above, I perceived that some ladies just have this wrong believe, that its only the guy who should respect her parents and not the other way round. But I see it as a responsibility for both parties. besides, respect begets respect. Any lady that has been properly groomed to respect her own parents and people generally should never find it a difficult task to do same to her mother inlaw.
#YouCan'tGiveWhatYouDon'tHave#
You are totally right sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
Menace2Society:
Chai this is my man!We in the same boat buddy never getting married never

Love is a biiitch asss emotion grin,nobody got time for that
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by geelord(m): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
mistabiola:
Hmmmm! This is one of the hardest part for most ladies. For some, the relationship flow comes naturally.

Dear, instead of worrying about how to get his mother to love you or giving up totally, learn these tips.

The truth is that both of you love and want the best for the same person, and that is a plus.

1. Do not try to take her place or become her rival.

2. Always thank her and let her know you appreciate her efforts in bringing up her fine young man.

3. Never report her boy to her.

4. Always praise him where she is.

6. Understand what she loves and show interest in it.

7. Ask her questions about herself, her experience raising her wonderful son.

8. Always offer to do dishes after a meal together.

9. Get gifts for her.

10. Shower her with praise and compliments.

Above all, you must understand that mothers can see through deceit quickly. You will put yourself in her bad book, if you pretend.

http://abiolainfo..com/2015/06/relationship-how-to-make-your-boyfreind.html?m=1

Just be yourself...why wld u pretend to get someone to like you?.... She wld hate you more if she eventually discovers u've been acting cos no matter how long, who u really are wld be revealed. Wht wld be wld be!
Re: How To Make Your Boyfreind Mum Like You by GeneralQuamdeen: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
i dont aare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages / Why Is It Hard For A Man To Forgive A Woman Who Cheated? / Serial Boyfriend Snatcher About To Be Disgraced By Her Angry Friends In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.